DSC01475_(Large).JPG
DSC01467_(Large).JPG
DSC01459_(Large).JPG
DSC01457_(Large).JPG
DSC01456_(Large).JPG
DSC01454_(Large).JPG
DSC01453_(Large).JPG
#1 10 years ago

Sorry to get wishy washy again, but have decided to hold on to my ST:TNG. Still really want a Stern Star Trek, but will hold off until I can do it without sacrificing this one.

I should probably just start a new thread, but figured I could just edit this one instead. I decided to go ahead and let this one go so I can "upgrade(?)" to the new one. Please ignore all references to Spiderman or other trades in this thread. Looking only for a new Trek or cash to put towards one now.

Pics further down in the thread and more (28) in higher resolution available here (there are 2 pages):
http://s180.photobucket.com/user/jediturtle/library/Trek?sort=4&page=1

I would describe the condition as a nice player's quality. It's definitely not CQ or HUO or any other acronym, but it's a good machine. The playfield is nice with just a bit of insert wear. A couple plastics are cracked. The ramps are cracked, but only cosmetically and are pretty much hidden by the protectors. Cab is pretty nice overall, but does have minor bumps and bruises. Like I said, CQ it's not, but with a new set of plastics and ramps, it wouldn't be too far off.

It plays perfectly, has been reliable, and is pretty clean. I gave it a full top side plus subway tear down about 2 years ago (I think it was about 2 years...time flies!). It hasn't gotten a ton of play since then, so it's still pretty clean and fresh. It hasn't given me any issues with optos, trough, etc for a few years now. No nightmares with this one!

I added a bunch of mods when I did the shop job...both Hallmark ships (lit, but will include the originals also), Mantis ramp and subway protectors everywhere, plastic protectors, target decals, backboard decal, new cannon covers with domes (from the guy that makes the laser cannons...same nicer looking mold but without the lasers), new better Borg windows, third pop-bumper cap, extended stainless steel lane guides (because I'm a cheater but will include the originals), and cliffy colored post sleeves. I think that's everything. The lighting is original (no LEDs), though I did 4 spotlights to help brighten it up. It came with a cliffy protector already on the neutral zone.

I'm hoping $4500 is a fair price. I'd be looking for a local sale...not wanting to ship at this time but will consider it if that's the only way. Local gets priority though. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks!
Chris

#2 10 years ago

Would also consider a Doctor Who (very nice condition preferred) plus cash or a second machine (something like NF, WCS94, BSD, DM, JM would make a great combo with it in a perfect world).

Would also love a Metallica, but not sure I'd be satisfied with a pro and probably couldn't afford the difference for a Premium, LOL. But definitely let me know if that's a possibility! Same with WOZ, but I won't be holding my breath on that one...

#3 10 years ago

Interested but I have nothing on your list..

#4 10 years ago

GLWT! I just got a WCS94.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Interested but I have nothing on your list..

Hmm...depending on condition and how much cash would be needed I might be interested in TZ. Tough call on that one though. There are a couple others in your collection list that I really like, but probably not enough to part with Trek. Would your diamond-plate T2 be up for grabs? Cause that thing is pretty awesome...just not sure that's a trade I would make for Trek.

Quoted from jonogo:

GLWT! I just got a WCS94.

Thanks! I'm not rushing into anything unless just the right thing pops up. I really enjoy ST:TNG, but it's just gotten a little stale I guess...I'm sure you know how it goes. I've only played WCS a few times, but always liked it. It's weird...I like weird. How are you enjoying it so far?

#6 10 years ago

Tz is not leaving anytime soon. To be fair you would have to take a decked out t2 and cash or another pin. Now my T2 Skynet edition would be fair but its not complete yet I am doing 2 and one is claimed by a fellow pinsider.

#7 10 years ago

I'd love to own a ST:TNG but I doubt you have any interest in a decked out flintstones..

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Tz is not leaving anytime soon. To be fair you would have to take a decked out t2 and cash or another pin. Now my T2 Skynet edition would be fair but its not complete yet I am doing 2 and one is claimed by a fellow pinsider.

I hear ya! To be honest T2 is probably not a title that I have quite enough interest in. I'm really focused on SM and hope a miracle happens that would let that happen. I do appreciate the offer though!

Quoted from Ranhorton:

I'd love to own a ST:TNG but I doubt you have any interest in a decked out Flintstones..

Flintstones is actually pretty cool, but you are right. Really hoping for a SM or a multi-pin deal with DW included. We'll see. I definitely appreciate the offer though!

Keep them coming guys...never know if something hits me right! Hopefully someone out there is sick of their SM and really wants a ST:TNG though!

#9 10 years ago

The right deal will come along in time. Good luck, hope you get you SM.

#10 10 years ago

I have a spiderman coming in the shop in the next month or so. i already have a star trek, but maybe we can work out a cash price. i don't know condition as of yet, as it is coming off of a route as part of a package deal.

if you haven't found anything by then i will let you know.

Christopher
King Pin Games

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have a spiderman coming in the shop in the next month or so. i already have a Star Trek, but maybe we can work out a cash price. i don't know condition as of yet, as it is coming off of a route as part of a package deal.
if you haven't found anything by then i will let you know.
Christopher
King Pin Games

Cool! Keep me informed please!

#12 10 years ago

Pictures can be found here:
http://s180.photobucket.com/user/jediturtle/library/Trek?sort=4&page=1

Please note that there are more pics on photobucket than I am linking here, 28 total. They are also higher resolution. There are 2 pages worth. Let me know if you have any questions or need any more particular pictures. Thanks!

DSC01453_(Large).JPGDSC01453_(Large).JPG DSC01454_(Large).JPGDSC01454_(Large).JPG DSC01456_(Large).JPGDSC01456_(Large).JPG DSC01457_(Large).JPGDSC01457_(Large).JPG DSC01459_(Large).JPGDSC01459_(Large).JPG DSC01467_(Large).JPGDSC01467_(Large).JPG

#13 10 years ago

Yeah man, get a spiderman so you can trade it to me for something in a few years! Just make sure you are wearing gloves when you play, its the new standard around here.

#14 10 years ago

More:

DSC01475_(Large).JPGDSC01475_(Large).JPG DSC01485_(Large).JPGDSC01485_(Large).JPG DSC01488_(Large).JPGDSC01488_(Large).JPG DSC01490_(Large).JPGDSC01490_(Large).JPG DSC01491_(Large).JPGDSC01491_(Large).JPG DSC01492_(Large).JPGDSC01492_(Large).JPG

#15 10 years ago

This one shows the worst mark on the cab...a scrape down to the yellow layer on Picard's uniform.

DSC01493_(Large).JPGDSC01493_(Large).JPG

#16 10 years ago

Ummmm...
I'm sorry but your description is off in my opinion.
You defined this game as "nice player's quality."
After looking through all your pics this is much, much better than "nice player'quality."
Either my standards are too low or yours are too high.
And for those out there who may be reading into my comment I can assure you that even though Jediturtle and I are from the same state we don't know each other....yet.
Jedi- If this is how all your games look drop me a line if you're ever looking to trade/sell anything else.

#17 10 years ago

If Jediturtle's STTNG is just a nice players game, then mine must have just come off route and into my basement. I thought mine was a nice players game but I have to re-think it now.

#18 10 years ago

Jedi is in fact hyper-critical of all his games...

That is a damn nice looking game.

#19 10 years ago

Oh, a now I feel the need to spend more money on my STTNG. This game just keeps costing $$$. The backbox decals and target decals look great. And those spotlight's are a good idea b/c this game does need more light.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Ummmm...
I'm sorry but your description is off in my opinion.
You defined this game as "nice player's quality."
After looking through all your pics this is much, much better than "nice player'quality."
Either my standards are too low or yours are too high.
And for those out there who may be reading into my comment I can assure you that even though Jediturtle and I are from the same state we don't know each other....yet.
Jedi- If this is how all your games look drop me a line if you're ever looking to trade/sell anything else.

I agree. That's a pretty damn nice STTNG IMO.

Good luck with the hunt for SM. It's a keeper in my book!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Jedi is in fact hyper-critical of all his games...

Your games are just as nice/cared for.
That FT is unbelievable (albeit an ass kicker when it comes to playing it).
Same goes for Treveism and ralphwiggums machines.
I'm starting to think all of us up here in Wisconsin are neat freaks.

#22 10 years ago

You are selling/trading the greatest game ever made in very nice condition , seems crazy to me . But someone would also have to be crazy to not pick this game up from you . Spiderman is a good trade though as it's almost as good as Star Trek the Next Generation .

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

You are selling/trading the greatest game ever made

Until the last Hardbody hits the scrap heap, that statement is false.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Until the last Hardbody hits the scrap heap, that statement is false.

Yeah I know , But I was referring to Star Trek the Next Generation the Greatest game ever made as DMD era of course . And also if every Hardbody hits the scrap heap (Which I highly doubt because they are in secure VIP rooms of serious collectors) IT will still be the greatest game ever made (of any era) , Just none left to prove their greatness .

#25 10 years ago

Wow...thank you for the kind words guys...it means a lot!

I have to admit, opening it up and taking these pics REALLY got me re-evaluating if I would actually go through with letting it go! We'll see what shakes loose, but I won't be in a hurry if the right thing doesn't pop up.

Thanks again,
Chris

#26 10 years ago

Spider-bump, spider-bump...friendly neighborhood spider-bump...

#27 10 years ago

I've got a Spidey that gets the least amount of love from me but I have a ST LE coming and I've never played this one before, although a lot of people seem to love it!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've got a Spidey that gets the least amount of love from me but I have a ST LE coming and I've never played this one before, although a lot of people seem to love it!

Only about a 20 hour drive...I'll meet ya half way! LOL

#29 10 years ago

STTNG is one of the best widebodies!!!

#30 10 years ago

I just picked up a STTNG as week ago, and hope it'll look just as good as this one once I'm done with it. Very nice looking game indeed! Couldn't pry Jason's SM out of his collection, huh?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

I just picked up a STTNG as week ago, and hope it'll look just as good as this one once I'm done with it. Very nice looking game indeed! Couldn't pry Jason's SM out of his collection, huh?

Thanks! It was a lot of work to clean it up, but worth it. Don't forget to clean the subway when you tear into yours. Tons of dirt hides down there. It's not nearly as bad to get out as it looks.

Not sure which Jason you are referring to?

#32 10 years ago

Really great looking STTNG. Wish I had something to trade! This is a must own title for me eventually.

#33 10 years ago

Weekend bump. I fear that my hopes of finding a Spiderman that can be traded with only a modest amount of cash added might be wishful thinking. Longshot I know, but worth the shot!

#34 10 years ago

Bump. Good luck!

#35 10 years ago

I'd like to cast the trade net a bit wider and add Metallica to the list for sure. Would love a premium, but a pro might be a more realistic trade and I think I'd still be plenty happy with it. Would also consider Batman:TDK, and maybe 24 or Avatar LE. +/- cash depending on title of course. Ironman is possible, but likely out of the price range that I would want to pay for one. TZ and TAF would be strongly considered. Spiderman is still #1 want though. Also in case it got lost in the thread, a Doctor Who plus cash or second B-title would be a strong consideration! And if anyone is crazy enough to trade me a Monster Bash close to straight up, you jump straight to the head of the line! (breath not held..LOL).

I'm not close minded about other titles, so feel free to make an offer and I'll consider it. I'm sure there are lots of machines I forgot to mention that I would think about.

As far as cash sales, I am not going to set a price at this point as I really just want to see what is out there for trade, and I don't really want to deal with the price police yet. If you are strongly interested for cash, feel free to make me an offer and I will consider it.

Thanks for all the great input and offers I've received so far!

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not sure which Jason you are referring to?

jarjarisgod

The only way you're getting your hands on that game is over his & my dead bodies!

I wish you luck, Chris. Spiderman is a top 5 all time game IMO. STTNG is right in the neighborhood, should be able to find something, i'd hope.

I'm kidding about the dead bodies thing. lol.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I'm kidding about the dead bodies thing. lol.

No you're not.

#38 10 years ago

Bump to clean up the first post a bit and lump my expanded want list there. Will also consider cash offers at this time if anyone is intereted. Had a few interesting trade offers so far, but nothing to pull the trigger on.

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions!

Anyone know why the heck the forum automatically un-capitalized Spiderman? Or is it just me? I capitalize it in every post and it always comes out lower case. Weird. What if I capitalize it all??? SPIDERMAN! LOL

(edit: even that didn't work...and I shouted the whole word! )

Thanks,
Chris

#39 10 years ago

LOL

S P I D E R M A N !!!!!!!!

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL
S P I D E R M A N !!!!!!!!

That's why I like you Hilton...always thinking outside the box...always one step ahead.

#41 10 years ago

Bump for the WI-bromance

#42 10 years ago

Josh is just jealous that Jedi taught me how to level a game correctly...

#43 10 years ago

I put quite a few games on it last night and have come to the conclusion that I should probably just hold on to it. I figure I'll give this one last bump to see if any interesting offers come up, otherwise it will happily stay in the collection for now. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#44 10 years ago

Maybe should have just started a new thread, but bumping this one because I'm lazy. Enough wishy-washiness from me. Time to get serious. LOL!

No longer interested in any trades other than towards a new Stern Star Trek LE. $4500 cash and I'm pretty firm on that for now. Not wanting to ship unless it is the only way, so local gets priority.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
Chris

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Josh is just jealous that Jedi taught me how to level a game correctly...

jealousy leads to fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering.

#46 10 years ago

Nevermind...wishy washy wins again...LOL! Still want a new one badly, but will hold off until I can find another way...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtt-feeler-sttng-in-wi-sm-preferred-others-considered and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.