Topic Stats

• 1,706 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SuperPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-218.jpg
image-922.jpg
image.jpg
IMAG2871.jpg
20131215_194307.jpg
image.jpg
147517.gif
i-bZQNnNw-XL.jpg
IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vtec16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#310 7 years ago

I'm in as well.

1 week later
#337 7 years ago

We cant wait. Thanks a million for this mod and all your hard work on this guys. I cant tell you how bad I want this mod!!

4 months later
#621 7 years ago

Thank goodness for the ignore button.....Trolls are so anoying

#639 7 years ago

I'm am willing to take that chance also. He is the only person on this site I have ignored...thanks goodness....for the option...

1 week later
#651 7 years ago

looks like Christmas!

1 week later
#692 7 years ago
Quoted from b_koenig:

Seriously getting anxious here. I have an entire box full of mods that I refuse to put on my machine until I get this one mod.

Why wait? Put them on and enjoy them...you could be waiting a while if you don't....

6 months later
#1281 6 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

I think the harnesses are holding everything up. They're looking for a manufacturer that can do a bunch at once for a reasonable cost. Until then they're being hand built and they are pretty complex, so...

I have seen one of these 15 kits from pinbits installed and played it a ton. it's amazing!! It makes the machine a piece of art, just watching the light show is soothing and stimulating. I will say that no harness is necessary. The units can be mounted directly to the bottom of the Playfield, all the hardware is provided in the kit. Pinbits included quite a bit in the kit. In comparing the pinbits model from Eli with the pre-production test models, it's much more compact and elegant in design and thus easier to mount, there are actually options on where to mount the units. The pinbit's unit look a lot like the finished models under the LE's.

This is the best pinball mod I have ever seen by far!! THANK YOU ELI!!

#1284 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Eli was referring to the electrical wiring harnesses.

Ahhhh okay, that makes more sense.

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

No you can't. I've seen both first hand I prefer the clear myself.

Agreed, and agreed!

1 week later
#1369 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Just curious for those who have completed the installation: about how long did it take? I'm looking forward to adding this to my game, but it looks pretty time-consuming.

I've seen this kit from shipping container to install. The finished product is simply breathtaking . Takes two people working reasonably fast about 6 or so hours (w/ breaks here and there). It certainly could be done faster, but I would say w/ this install like most it's best to take your time and do it right. It is a very involved installation. It's not so much that the installation is "hard" it just takes time: removing all the ramps and disconnecting all the electronics, marking the ramps for drilling, drilling the ramps, installing the wire w/ zipties, installing the ramps back to the pf, installing the units under the pinball, installing the wiring in the backbox.

Seeing the finished product fire up was amazing. The light show is spectacular, especially in a dark room. The interaction w/ the game was amazing and makes tron even more fun if that's possible. I also liked how they used see through light wire instead of the frosted for the LE's. I think it may be a tad brighter then the LE's (mind you I have not seen and LE and a PRO w/ this mod side by side so I could be wrong). The wire being see through almost makes them more invisible when not lit, I think its a cleaner look.

I'm not saying this ramp mod makes a tron pro better then an LE. Not at all, the value of the LE model has been proven w/ many sales and I don't see the price falling in the near future because of this mod or for any other reason. However, it does make a Pro Tron which is already a fun pin that much better.

Ill say again: This is the best pinball modification I have ever seen! What a triumph Eli!

#1379 6 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Instead of zip tie why not some sort of fishing line & knots? Flourocarbon is very clear.

Quoted from Frax:

Awesome idea on the fishing line!
Zip ties *cannot* be perfectly clear. There's too much refraction from the nubs and 'zip' part of the tie. That, combined with the ultra-cheapo plastic they're made from = optically bad.

In theory it's a good idea, as long as the line could be tied tight enough, especially at the bends. I think using line would definitely raise the install time. In my opinion the zipties are much easier to install and look fine, also they keep the wire snug against the plastic. If someone does try this you can use a smaller drill bit.

#1424 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

How far apart did you put the zip ties? 6 inches??

5 inches or so on the strait portions and at the bends, once you actually get the optic cable zip tied you will notice a few spots that may need an extra zip tie.

#1425 6 years ago

Looks Fabulous! Did you receive different see through color bases for the lightcycles/Quorra car (one bright yellow and one blue)?

#1430 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Thanks! Not sure if I understand your question - the car and cycle bases are stock that came with the machine. They are not see through. I actually didn't even know the see through ones existed until I just looked it up after your post.

Sorry, it was late and I did not word it great, but yes that's what I meant. They came w/ the kit I have. They look great, especially the yellow one. It makes it so the optic cable is not blocked from view at any point. If they were not included you should pick them up separately!

#1459 6 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

What holes do the firber optic wires pass through into go from the ramps to the under side of the playfield? I would assume that no holes need to be drilled into the play field ittself, yes?

The holes in the PF can easily be seen on each side of each ramp.

2 weeks later
#1490 6 years ago

If your are patient it will come.....

Trust me it will be worth the wait.

#1511 6 years ago

I just installed the new code on the Pinbits website fixed the switched lights in Lightcycle multiball (Code Updates 1.1 - Corrects right and left Light Cycle Multiball colors. Minor other cleanup.) Thanks Eli!

1 week later
#1561 6 years ago
Quoted from DarthNuno:

Damn! I've just seen that topic now :-/
No more stock @ Pinbits An other way to catch this kit?
Thanks.

They are refilling stock as fast as possible. Keep checking back. There are a few parts proving troublesome to get in bulk/quickly.

3 weeks later
#1636 6 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I think the EL wire is significantly more flexible. I believe the fiber optic cord will pull away from tape due to it's stiffness.
Could be wrong.

I have to agree, zip ties seem a must on mine.

Quoted from flashburn:

I'll see. I hope it will work, looks a lot cleaner. It's super high strength, so I think it will work. Maybe just have to drill a few spots.

Good luck, let us know how it works.

#1646 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

As an update to using that high strength 3M double sided tape, it was a failure unfortunately. You could maybe use it in combination with zip ties, but I wasn't liking the look of it either. It's too thick, so it's really noticeable. I was able to drill the ramps and zip tie up the fiber tonight. I didn't spend a ton of time trying to figure out exact lengths, I basically just did every 4 inches or so, and it looks like it should turn out pretty good. I may of been able to do a little bit better job, but nothing noticeable in the end. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to finish it off. Looking forward to seeing the final results.

Thanks for reporting back. Yeah I thought it would give you trouble. Good luck with the final few steps!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Sale Pending!
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vtec16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside