IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spidey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#327 11 years ago

Assuming this is going to work with mode recognition, it would be great if they lights can cycle colors based on what modes you've stacked. So if running Quorra and Gem, for instance, the colors would alternate green and blue, with some adjustable timer, 1s default, or even make left/right colors different while cycling through. The LE only keeps track of the color of the highest mode in the ladder, which while it does correspond to the music, does not convey stacking.
Can't wait to see the video of what you've got so far. This will replace the arcade mod as "best mod ever."

1 week later
#341 11 years ago

Sweeeeeet, good to hear this can be done!
Great point about the mode completion. Only thing is, once you complete all the modes, what do you do? Plus, most modes continue, CLU does not, so CLU expires for sure. Maybe just a cool light show for completed modes that continue.

As for the other trigger effects, yes! They all sound good to me!
Thanks!

3 weeks later
#423 11 years ago

I would agree that it would be better to have the lights on the entire time the mode is active, whether or not it is complete. The game gives you an audible cue when you complete a mode, so when I'm playing I always know when that happens. Of course some modes finish upon completion, like Disc, LC, CLU and Find Flynn, but Quorra, Gem and Zuse keep running, so I'd rather keep the ramps lit for those.
My other recommendation is to decrease the timer a little so the lights cycle (no pun intended) a little quicker when you're running modes concurrently, although that's probably user adjustable anyway. And what would *really* be cool for multiple modes if you could sequence the colors from right to left ramp or vice versa. So if you have 3 modes going, you'd see, for example, left yellow/right blue, then left green/right yellow, then left blue/right green. This would really smoke the LE in coolness, ha ha. And after all, isn't the goal? LE+ !

Really loving it, thanks for the vid! Can't wait for the next update with hopefully these suggestions in there.

1 week later
#473 11 years ago

Fantastic! Can't wait to get this kit and tinker with the programming options. Endless fun.

#494 11 years ago

Have you taken a shot at the SoS and end-of-ball ramp lighting like the LE? In SoS you can follow the ladder inserts, but end-of-ball there doesn't seem to be any game lights other than then ramps.

#496 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What happens at the end of each ball on the LE? Do the ramps flash whatever modes you were in at the end? Please explain.

spidey said:

Have you taken a shot at the SoS and end-of-ball ramp lighting like the LE? In SoS you can follow the ladder inserts, but end-of-ball there doesn't seem to be any game lights other than then ramps.

Yes, ramps flash with ladder inserts. I mentioned not having any game lights, but the inserts do cycle with bonus sequence. Check out:

Time 4:39

I also noticed some fancy effects, like alternating ramps flashing to start some modes like Quorra, or when the disc shot is made, and LC seems to have with pulsating lights. Seems like with enough time programming, all this could be mimicked and improved upon, with some improvements already demonstrated in these early vids.

2 weeks later
#522 11 years ago

Just a quick update.

We are working on the End Of Ball logic to display the started/completed ladder insert colors on the ramps at end of ball. I like this feature in the LE and we must have it.

If we can accomplish this one, I think we have a complete base to begin refining. One step closer anyway...

Agree, this is a must have. Thanks for the update! I assume this will also apply to SoS? Very similar ladder sequence.

#524 11 years ago

Yes, if we get it to tally up the ladder sequence at end of ball, it won't matter what mode you are in when you drain. SOS, Quorra, LC, etc

What I was actually referring to was the bonus ladder you get when you arrive at SoS, as it slowly moves up the ladder and awards points for completed modes. The FO behavior is just like end of ball bonus, but just slower since they made it more dramatic. So I figured if you got end of ball bonus working, then doing the SoS bonus would be almost "free" to program. Thanks!

4 weeks later
#564 11 years ago

Still hoping you guys add the FO ladder lights during SoS start, similar to end-of-ball bonus. From the last vid where you got to SoS it wasn't in there.

#588 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Nope. It's gonna be like the $100 HDTVs at Walmart on Black Friday. 2 of them and fistfights!

JK, I really have no idea.

Totally off topic, but my neighbor actually bought a TV from Wal-Mart on Black Friday. Long story short, he paid like $50 for a ticket from a scalper so he could buy the $600 TV. People have to camp out early to get these "right to buy" tickets so he figured it was worth it.

3 weeks later
#606 11 years ago

Curious if the new code update will make mode start/stop recognition easier. Sounds like there were updates to flashers, so perhaps this will be helpful.

2 months later
#879 10 years ago

Interesting, around 8:20 during LCMB he hits quorra to qualify qmb and since a ball is already in the scoop it starts immediately, then he combos the quorra with a gem to get the q sjp.

One thing that stands out is that completed modes won't light the ramps. I'm sure this is the tricky part since the ladder inserts are used to determine when to clear the mode lights.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spidey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501?tu=spidey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.