Topic Stats

• 1,706 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SuperPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-218.jpg
image-922.jpg
image.jpg
IMAG2871.jpg
20131215_194307.jpg
image.jpg
147517.gif
i-bZQNnNw-XL.jpg
IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider russo121.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 8 years ago

This sounds like a much better solution than EL wire so i would most certainly go for this mod. Count me in for sure.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

I have no real objection to people getting them without cable, but you'd be paying a premium buying your own in short lengths. I'm curious why you'd want one with no cable.
Doing a single source would be a bit less expensive (maybe $40?) You'd need the same amount of cable and much beefier LEDs and drivers. IMO being able to have the two ramps different colors will help make up for lacking the full integration on the LE. What do other people think?

Agree 100%. I can see this mod being much better than the LE's lightshow. I'm in for sure.

#53 8 years ago

Glad i didnt buy all that stuff for the EL wire now. Its killing me thinking this could be available soon....lol.

1 month later
#128 7 years ago

OOOooOOOO Take my MONIIEEEEE....lol

I'm totally in for this. Cant wait!....

#137 7 years ago

Utterly brilliant. So, when are they on sale? Itchy modding fingers going nuts here...

3 months later
#308 7 years ago

Fantastic! I knew this mod would rock! Now, when can i have mine??? ...hehe

3 weeks later
#362 7 years ago

If there were to be a list made i would have thought the best place to begin, is with the people that asked for this mod within the very thread that announced it.

Logic would also dictate that if you dont ask, you dont get!

This mod will make the creators quite a fair bit of money. 100 of these mods could easily net them $40K. For that reason, i'm sure everyone that wants it will get their hands on one soon enough.

My vote for the best mod ever made.

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Russo, the creators should absolutely make $$$ off this, but to make 40k off 100 mods would require a profit of $400 on each unit. Now I fully expect the sales to be over 40k on 100 units since Ecurtz said the unit should be priced in the $400 range if possible. I would draw the line @ $500 personally and even that will require me talking myself into it. Hopefully, there is a decent markup that will allow Ecurtz and whoever to be rewarded for their effort.

My point was not how much they would 'make', but how much money would potentially go through their hands. Once that is seen, most folk get motivated real quick.

I do hope they make themselves a profit, its certainly worth it.

Quoted from ChadNC:

I believe it was announced on a couple different forums. This mod should sell over 500 units pretty quick..

I kinda overlooked this fact. The scope for huge sales of this mod wouldnt surprise me at all. I havent wanted a mod this bad since the spinning propeller mod on IJ.(no wait, the colour DMD, err...blue Tron display....err....creature lcd mod....aghh...AWESOME MOD OVERLOAD!)

2 weeks later
#406 7 years ago

Ignore user feature is your friend

#411 7 years ago

Love the update. Looks fantastic! I would also like to see the ramps seperately lit, but im sure you have that planned already. Great job so far.....

Also had the opportunity to ignore yet another aggressive fool. Today is a good day.

2 weeks later
#514 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Any update on release date?

What he said ^^^.... Need this mod in my life!

#517 7 years ago

I look forward to the day i get my hands on it. Thanks for all your hard work.

1 month later
#569 7 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Not a promise, but Q1 2013 seems likely at this point.

I chant this whilst rocking back and forth every night before bed.

1 month later
#616 7 years ago

Any news on the progression of this most awesome mod?

1 week later
#652 7 years ago

OoooOOOooooOO Fantastic! Wont be long now then eh?

PM me with details of payment and consider it money in the bank! HUZZAH!!

3 weeks later
#714 7 years ago

i'd go for the early one too. seems good to me to play around a bit.

2 weeks later
#813 7 years ago

Yep. I got hosed..... Bit gutted, but hey heres looking forward to the final version!

Hope to see a lot of pics and vids up soon of the guys that got the developer kit. Tease me!

2 months later
#1083 6 years ago

Thats great news. Its been a long road, but well worth it i'm sure.

Payment is there whenever this thing is ready, Eli. Thanks again for your work (and everyone elses)

1 month later
#1139 6 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Well, bad news is this looks likely to slip into August at this point for wide availability.
Good news is I'm going to be out of town at a family reunion all next week so I won't be around to read any complaints unless you get them in fast.
Seriously though, sorry about that. Things are really progressing along, they just always seem to go a bit slower than what seems like a conservative estimate.

At this point, patience is a virtue. I can wait, no problem. I just hope i dont get forgotton amongst the sea of people wanting this thing....

2 weeks later
#1155 6 years ago

I sure hope eli pops up soon with an update along the lines of:

"""THEY'RE READY COME AND GET 'EM""""

2 weeks later
#1174 6 years ago

Natives are getting restless. hehe.

One thing i learned early on with pinball was patience is measured in decades, not weeks. haha.

Does anyone with direct contact to Eli have any news?

#1186 6 years ago

Fantastic news! Many thanks Eli!

Getting a wee bit excited now!

3 weeks later
#1244 6 years ago

No message to let us know its on pinbits for sale, now they are sold out?

So this email means nothing then, Eli?:

I would of course invite Eli to explain himself here. I can understand the sea of emails pouring in to him about this kit but come on man, don't tell me one thing and do another.

#1246 6 years ago

Sorely gutted right now. I do hope this is just a misunderstanding.

#1302 6 years ago

I feel i must, once again, thank everyone involved in making this kit happen.

Hopefully I don't completely mess up the installation when its time.

1 week later
#1350 6 years ago

I got my kit and its truly fantastic!

One thing though; The pinbits instructions are wrong and the picture that shows the underside of the playfield shows the LED modules in the wrong positions. They need to be swapped around. This cost me around a half hour so I hope to save you guys the same problem. Also, on my original run Tron 3d, the resistor bank was in the position where the right hand side LED module was supposed to go so it was a VERY tight fit.

Drilling was a pain too. My ramps had thick flanges so I had to drill two holes side by side about 5mm apart in order to get that 'factory look'. Took quite some time with lots of swearing along the way, but i got there in the end.

20131011_013235.jpg

Very happy with the way it all turned out. Buckets and buckets of uber appreciation forever and ever amen to Eli and everyone that made this mod possible.

#1353 6 years ago

Played Tron all night long last night and have found that the lights alter my mood somewhat when playing. Frustration doesn't seem to build as easily when missing shots, and adrenalin charged excitement is amplified when stacking the multi's. The zuse lighting flashing on in between lit sequences just grabs my attention as does every hit of the disc in disc battle.

Single greatest mod ever created. End of line.

#1355 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I'm glad there was absolutely "not a list" a year ago. I guess I just should have sent a PM, cried to be on the list and pestered people.

You don't get if you don't ask.

#1356 6 years ago

Awesome double post of doom. Plz, continue OO'ing and AHH'ing.

#1391 6 years ago

Heres a vid of my kit. The same vid happily coincides with my current high score which I got this afternoon:

http://s85.photobucket.com/user/rusolinio/media/TronHS.mp4.html

#1393 6 years ago

Took me approx 4 hours with a couple of breaks in between for a cup of tea.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider russo121.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside