IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider purpledrilmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1161 10 years ago

Add me to the list as well. Just committed to a tron pro. Now to find a place to put it...

#1170 10 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Thanks bro! My favorite is when people talk about this mod elsewhere as if it already exists in actual product form. They show all these pictures and videos and stuff!
Can you imagine how many Tron's were purchased over the last YEAR believing (assuming) this would actually be made!
But, I guess pinball people are sort of like gamblers. They like to make a bet (like buy a high dollar toy) based on the gamble that some mod will come out that will solve their pro lighting problems.
Or maybe they are not that smart. Maybe they are just naïve and follow the herd because everyone else is in line. Sign me up!
Or maybe they believe that past performance guarantees future results.
Anyhow, it has been a long time bro!

I'm new to the thread but I don't get it - you're slamming something that has cost no one except eli and the prototype holders any money at this point? Yes this mod would be sweet if it works out, and hurts no one if it doesnt... sooooo why the hate? If everyone had put down money it would be different, but for now this is just something cool to hope for and look forward to.

People talk about lots of stuff that isn't available... new cars... new houses... new pinball machines. It's called conversation about hobbies, toys, likes/dislikes.... you must only ever talk and post about the past?

Who cares how many Trons were bought hoping for this mod. Unless you yourself did it it's pointless to care. No one is on the hook for squat, and yeah this mod may never materialize. I don't see how that really hurts anyone though, least of all yourself as you apparently aren't interested.

4 weeks later
#1262 10 years ago

I know we're all a little testy now and undoubtedly busy, but is there any ETA or estimated build rate on these bad boys now that they are 'in production'?

I know you'll be hesitant to offer anything in public because pinside will crucify you later when/if something changes but I thought I'd ask anyway hehe

#1263 10 years ago

oh and for everyone upset about the ebay auction - real easy solution. DO NOT BUY IT

#1313 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

...and the video they linked to was mine. Now that the auction has been ended, I guess I can remove the message that I added.
» YouTube video

Hahahaha nicely done!

#1316 10 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

So it's not the standard for "easy mod that's not that cool" then?

Eli's mod is very cool and complex, but that Flynn's sign doesn't make itself!
"this isn't exactly different colored flipper rubber" might have stung less.

Frankly I would say the flynns sign is more must have than the LCD arcade. Maybe that's just me, but that area looks naked without the flynns sign. The arcade scoop was already there, just cheesier, but at least it was something.

#1323 10 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

"Can you describe the guy? Is he a big fat guy like you?"
"No, he's a skinny gu... wait, what?"

Haha. Oh internets, you are ironically terrible for communication.

#1331 10 years ago

I keep checking pinbits for the Tron ramp mod, and Sterns website for Metallica code.

Pinball is such a stressful waiting game

#1333 10 years ago
Quoted from tryppyr:

Hmmm... I'm starting to wonder if this is because pinball people are inherently frenetic, high energy, impatient types... with the exception of us bingo pinball players, of course. We're all mellow and exceptionally patient people.

Nope just bored at work haha

#1340 10 years ago

Any chance these kits will be around at expo?

1 month later
#1485 10 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Would be a lot of work to keep updating everyone where they are in line. Don't think it is deliberate information hiding, my guess is they are just busy assembling and shipping kits which is where the time should be spent imo.
The fact that Eli and Pinbits are doing their best to make sure that people who got in line on this thread and via PM are getting kits first is already awesome. They could've just opened it up as a free for all on the Pinbits site and still sold a ton of kits so I am just thankful for the efforts they have been making.

+1 to this

#1513 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I don't think there is a list anymore. Now it is first come first serve basis.

Based on...?

1 month later
#1634 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Just about have everything done, decided to go a different route than drilling the ramps and using zip ties. Someone else I know did their EL wire with 3M industrial strength clear double sided tape, and it's been holding up just fine for the past 6 months. So I'm just waiting for UPS to deliver it tonight and I'll give it a try.

I think the EL wire is significantly more flexible. I believe the fiber optic cord will pull away from tape due to it's stiffness.

Could be wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider purpledrilmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501?tu=purpledrilmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.