IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 11 years ago

Wow Eli, nice progress! I am lovin the glow of those LEDs.

#117 11 years ago

Eli used 5mm tubing in his other tests, I can't imagine he would change them now. I am thinking its still 5mm

1 week later
#134 11 years ago

ok, I thought the arcade toy with Eli's attract code running was the best TRON mod ever, I think this has it topped. Looks great! Independent ramp lighting looks very cool!

#145 11 years ago

Curious, what colors are displayed on the ramps and in what pattern on this first prototype? Is it selectable, or cycles through a pattern?

#152 11 years ago

Nice video, thanks for sharing! The independent coloring on the ramps was an excellent idea! I assume the board loops through the color sequences or is it random?

1 week later
#161 11 years ago

ok, so if you are wondering how the beta test is going, I'll tell you!

So I received my package from Eli and found 2 units, 2 lengths of clear solid fiberoptic tubing and some nice cabling to hook everything up. He even included a razor blade to trim the tubing.

The build is impressive. Aluminum plates, arduino upgradeable board, RGB leds and more heat sinking aluminum all in a professional textured black plastic covering. There are 2 ports for the fiber tubing on each unit. The second unit daisy chains to the first one and receives the signals from the arduino.

I didn't have a set of LE ramps, so I needed to install the tubing on the ramps, and find a way to mount the 2 units under the playfield. I tried several ways, but ultimately ended up with Marks excellent aluminum mount method. Honestly, this is a bit of a hassle to mount, but Eli is in the process of sourcing standoffs which will make the job easier. I also took measurements and notes in order to help the install for the next guy.

First, I removed the ramps from the game and drilled them for the tubing. I didn't have a map of holes to drill, but looked at a few pics and decided the position and number of holes I needed to drill, then I picked up a pack of 4 inch tie wraps and proceeded to mount the tubing. Its not hard at all, but obviously you have to be careful. I used a dremel, since its much easier and quicker.

While the ramps were off, I gave my Tron a good cleaning. Its amazing how fast a new game gets dirty.

Then a stop at the hardware store to pickup some aluminum bar to make the mount. I measured the mounting area and picked an area in line with the tubing that came out from under the playfield. I also picked up some self drilling screws for the mount to the units. The aluminum bar bends easily on the vise and soon I had a U shaped mount made from the flat 3/4 inch x 24inch bar.

Next, I determined the position of the units. The left unit mounts horizontally and the right unit mounts almost 90degrees turned due to the position of the ramps. I aligned everything and marked the mount with a sharpie. Then I drilled the mount and connected the units to the mount with the self drilling screws. I mounted the units and trimmed the fiber tubing to fit the units.

I turned on the game and was greeted with an amazing light show both under the playfield and above! The units give off a multitude of colors, effects, sweeps, etc. Its all programmable via the USB on the left unit, so its really up to your imagination where you can take the lighting. The programs Eli has in the units currently offer a range of colors and effects, including the lighting effect. And yes, I know the drill ... videos or it didn't happen! Well, here you go!

I look forward to further testing with these excellent units and am enjoying the lightshows immensely. I didn't think I could be happier with my Tron, until today.

#169 11 years ago

Update on the testing:

I've changed a few ramp colors so I will take a better video tonight. There is a built in USB and you hook the unit up to a laptop or other computer and run a freeware program. You can edit the code and update it in a couple of minutes.

There are other options to explore too like the timing of the lamp colors, effects such as flashing, fading, and of course making new "modes" to add interest to the lighting.

Currently Eli has programmed lighting modes that follow the progression of the inserts. Each mode features color(s) and effect(s):
Flynn
Gem
Clu
Zuse
Quorra
Disc
Cycle
Recognizer
Tron
SOS
Portal

You can create your own "mode"

You are going to love this lighting.

#174 11 years ago

Looking forward to the ramp lighting reacting to the ramps and flashers. That would be the next level of excitement for sure!

Quoted from ecurtz:

Tracking says it is at your post office as of 10AM...
Yeah, this version only cycles the different displays, it is totally ignorant of what might be happening in the game. I did get a PIG, which will let the basic version at least react to ramps or flashers (or whatever you want to hook the PIG to), and that's the next demo to work on as soon as I finish revising the board for the advanced version (there were "issues".)

#180 11 years ago

ok, as promised here is another video of the ramp lighting, with lame commentary
These are the modes present currently. At the end of the explanation is some gameplay.
Enjoy

#185 11 years ago

Looks like Eli answered the questions, so as you were gentlemen

3 weeks later
#203 11 years ago

Eli has a newly designed advanced board that is going out to the beta testers this week or next week. I also understand Eli has a new mount for each unit, so you won't need the DIY bracket.
As soon as we receive the new board, one of us will post our findings.

I have been enjoying this lighting for a few weeks and even with just the static attract modes, it's a great enhancement to my favorite game.

Everyone that sees this lighting on my PRO is very impressed, so I am very excited to try this new design. I am sure Eli will chime in if he has additional comments.

#208 11 years ago

Not sure why you would go with EL wire if you WANT fiber optic. The fiber optic works great in the PRO if all you want TODAY is programmable lighting that is not controlled by the game. Its certainly better that EL wire. I can't speak for Eli, but if you want it NOW I am sure he could package a version 1 together for you if you don't want to wait for the advanced version.

Quoted from Sc1f1:

Me too I can't wait... I'm dragging out my restore on Tron hoping these will be ready but it looks like I am going with the EL wire. Since I should be done in week or 2

#214 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Cool. Will he sell the whole kit fiber controller etc. Or do I have to go buy the fiber somewhere?

He will sell the whole kit, so you will need nothing but what is in the kit. (well, maybe tie wraps to connect the fiber to the ramps )

1 month later
#228 11 years ago

While we wait, here is a video I shot of the intelligent board for the beta testers and Eli. I've been playing it for 3 weeks and its really cool even in this basic form. Looking forward to the next version with much greater capabilities. Have a peek!

#241 11 years ago

I used a dremel on mine. You remove the ramps, mark the holes where you want the ties and zip zip dremel away. I liked the dremel since I had control of area. A soldering iron would work great too. I would not use a drill as they are too large and easy to slip when working on a clear plastic area.

I have the locations marked on a picture, as I am sure the other beta testers also have a pic or two of the locations. Its not hard and took me maybe 1/2 hour tops to drill the ramps and tie wrap the fiber tubing to them.

It was also a good opportunity to clean the back of the playfield - man was it cruddy after only 1500 plays.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

So, how dangerous is it to drill the ramps for zip ties? I don't really want to spend another 200 plus on LE ramps.

2 weeks later
#256 11 years ago

The updated board should arrive in about a week (hopefully). A small delay, but it's coming....
Once we receive it expect some news for sure.

If there is a list, throw me on there, too. Any beta testers get the updated board and have feedback?

#280 11 years ago

I'm seeing more EL wire comments in this thread, so in case there is confusion we are testing fiberoptic ramp lighting (like the original LE lighting), not EL (electroluminescent) lighting.

The fiberoptic tubing is installed on the ramps and the RGB units are mounted under the playfield and connected to the existing extra +12v wire to the right below the coin door. No external power is needed.

There are currently 2 versions of this fiber optic lighting control (same 5mm fiber tubing).
1) programmable color lighting for each or both ramps. If you simply want a stationary color on one ramp or different stationary colors on each ramp this is possible. Or various programmed attract modes bringing different colors to the ramps. You can change it as you see fit (software controlled). This is the first generation board controlled by a teensy arduino that we tested.

2) intelligent color lighting for the ramps. This is the new board that we are testing. It is connected to the cpu board and senses the data to switch the ramp lighting depending on gameplay. This is also programmable like the first generation board, but also much more intelligent. I believe this will be the board that is offered when testing is complete.

Look a few pages back for a video I took recently.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

To me, it's a cheap mod ($80 or so) and a placeholder for the color changing mod, depending on cost.
Looks cool, reversible, and inexpensive.

#286 11 years ago

This has been explained, but to summarize:

Currently the board works and the lighting is amazing. The lighting changes colors when certain solenoids are fired and follows the end of game effects. (we have it set to red/green/yellow for both ramps with this test code - see video on previous page) However, the current board isn't fast enough to read the entire data stream so its not possible to mimic the MODEs in the LE to follow the gameplay.

A new board has been designed and will be fast enough for the cpu reads. Its getting populated with connectors this week and should be in the testers hands soon.

It is unknown what we will find when we begin testing with the new board. Hopefully it will work fine and we can program the conditions we want for the lighting. After that it will be up to Eli to set a package price for the kit (board, RGB units, cables and fiber optic tubing), take orders and start shipping this wonderful mod to the pinball masses. Everyone that has seen this is so impressed by the lighting.

Quoted from Don1:

What are some of the issues being adressed with the testing group currently, any idea when we will start to see kits available?

1 week later
#315 11 years ago

This weekend we began testing the new board (version 3) and the great news - IT WORKS!

Right now we are trying out some different lamp/solenoid combinations. I have a video from Friday, but will wait to take another one since we have a new version of the software now that we are testing. Its very cool to be able to change the effects yourself just by hooking up a laptop to a USB cable, running the program and updating the board.

I'll tell you a few things Eli has added and this will change as we continue to test:

- during light cycle multiball, when you score a light cycle, both ramps alternate their yellow and blue ramp lights
- recognizer targets fire both ramps orange/red for a second when hit
- when the recognizer wall drops, the ramps start pulsing orange/red and when disc multiball starts, each disc collected flashes the ramps BLUE.
- bumpers flash the ramps a pink/white flash when hit
- attract mode has pulsing orange/red lamp lights
- end of game mode alternates the ramp lights with the flasher effects going from dark to light

Since we can use PWM with this board, you are not tied to the 7 colors that the original LE could produce. You can use a much larger palette of hundreds or thousands of colors.

Again, the code is a shell at this point with just the beginning of modes/effects now that we can test for any lamp and solenoid. Expect an update in a few days as Eli continues to add modes/effects based on gameplay.

1 week later
#336 11 years ago

Right now we are working on the baseline timing of the modes. When does the mode start, what color/lighting effect happens during the mode, and what should happen when the mode stops.

Yesterday Eli changed the base code to get a better fading. It's quite easy to turn on the ramps and give them independent color, but turning them off requires different checks and we are finding that a more reserved lighting schema is more pleasing to the eye than tons of lighting. You can seriously light up a game very quickly and give yourself a headache

It gets complicated in a hurry when you have modes that stack. The color/duration that you have set for one mode must coincide with the other mode, etc.

Once we get the desired effect I'll shoot a video.

#340 11 years ago

You know I was curious about this last night when I was testing. I think this is technically possible, but would you want the lighting color to turn off when a stacked mode is completed? For example if you have Quorra and GEM running you would have green and blue alternating. If you complete quorra by hitting the GEM shot, should QUORRA go out leaving the blue running alone?

I am also curious if anyone thinks it would be cool to have these objects trigger ramp lighting (they do not in the LE)

Arcade cab scoop - blacklight effect like the arcade game
Recognizer targets - perhaps flash RED
CLU rollovers - flash yellow
TRON targets - perhaps flash purple like the PF insert

Quoted from spidey:

Assuming this is going to work with mode recognition, it would be great if they lights can cycle colors based on what modes you've stacked. So if running Quorra and Gem, for instance, the colors would alternate green and blue, with some adjustable timer, 1s default, or even make left/right colors different while cycling through. The LE only keeps track of the color of the highest mode in the ladder, which while it does correspond to the music, does not convey stacking.Can't wait to see the video of what you've got so far. This will replace the arcade mod as "best mod ever."

2 weeks later
#386 11 years ago

Well, not much news to report, but we are testing what we hope is the final board. This latest board looks like an off the shelf professional IC board. Its very compact. Kudos on the design Eli.

I received confirmation from another tester that he sees the same effects as me, so I will continue testing the software triggers. The software testing should go quicker now.

We are seeing how far we can get with the solenoid/flasher triggers, but may like to also check lamps. As an added feature, I was able to check lamps and get the blue ramp/yellow ramp to light/fade during attract mode, which looks pretty cool. I was also able to fine tune some modes like CLU, lightcycle, and add purple flashing ramps to match the arcade cab when the ball is ejected from the scoop. I'm concentrating on static colors as opposed to fading, pulsing, etc as there are so many ways to light them up.

Currently, Zuse targets fire off the white ramps, along with the Zuse mode. A couple of other things are working the way I'd like but I need to discuss with Eli and the others as we continue.

When you have a tool to customize, there are so many options to test. When is it cool to have different ramp colors lit, when it is better to have them both lit. Which colors not only match the inserts and gameplay, but accessorize the game or storyline, etc...

I'd rather get a few modes working properly, and then show a video, so bear with me. I will take a video soon.

#388 11 years ago

The ramp lighting is driven by it's own processor and is running it's own program.
If TRON PRO gets a software update, it will have no effect on the ramp lighting code.

Quoted from ChadH:

Hopefully any future code update from Stern doesn't screw up your hard work. Will there be a way for the buyers to update the ramp code if that happens after the fact?

1 week later
#408 11 years ago

You know everytime I see new messages in this thread I hope there is some news ....

Well, here you go! This is the latest testing. Change the quality to HI DEF fullscreen. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PuzxBTjQrBY

#413 11 years ago

Yes, all are possible and already tested. This time I just chose to use the lamp triggers for the start/stop of modes and to show you some linear testing of the modes. I can add back the quorra spinner lighting, zuse letter lighting, arcade scoop lighting, etc. Ramps will be lit frequently during gameplay.

Quoted from Mateui:

Nice! Any possibility of having one ramp one color and the other another one at the same time? Not sure I like the ramps being completely off when a mode is completed - wish they would just change to another solidly lit color. Or even for the ramps to flash/blink the appropriate color when hitting targets to start a mode. ie. Whenever a ZUSE letter is hit blink white, when Quorra's spinner is hit blink green, etc. (Just seems such a shame to have lighted ramps and then them being off for a good portion of the game).
Or maybe if we see an actual game in play with this setup I'll change my mind, kind of hard to tell.
But really awesome work! Don't want to sound like a complainer, really love what you've done so far!

#414 11 years ago

I tested having the BLUE cycle ramp BLUE and Yellow cycle ramp YELLOW during lightcycle multiball, this also works, but I wanted to show you a comparison of LE vs PRO with Elis ramps.

Yes, end of game lightshow will be added, along with some kind of attract mode. Do you all like the current LE attract mode, or would you like something like the yellow/blue ramps lighting?

I think for now we will focus on gameplay and add the attract mode last, but I am interested in your comments.

Quoted from Reul1:

Looking great!!! Keep up the great progress, so looking forward to this great mod.
One thing that I thought would be kind of cool is that in life cycle MB would be when you hit it up one ramp it changes color to that cycle, hit it up the other it would change to that color of cycle, then back to the life cycle mod color. (yellow and blue cycle) would make it like the cycles are racing.
Also are there going to be any ramp lighting in attract mode or end of ball?
Keep up all the hard work on this one, looking forward to this mod soon

#417 11 years ago

Yes, independent ramp lighting is possible and adds a cool element to the addition. you could have yellow/blue ramps during light cycle, green/red ramps during quorra, etc anything is possible.
This was the first step needed to show that we can start/stop the 9 modes in the original LE colors.

Quoted from Russo121:

Love the update. Looks fantastic! I would also like to see the ramps seperately lit, but im sure you have that planned already. Great job so far.....
Also had the opportunity to ignore yet another aggressive fool. Today is a good day.

#418 11 years ago

Yes, this will be possible. Again, whatever we come up with is not the final version, you can change it yourself if you don't like what we added. How cool is that?

Quoted from DCFAN:

Why not have the ramps normally blue and orange rather than off? I especially think that they should be lit during attract mode.

#424 11 years ago

Yes, fading, pulsing, blinking effects are possible. There are many options to program your effects. In previous versions of the sketch, Eli had some cool pulsing effects during portal and some ramp sweeps. He also had other predefined mode effects. I was losing focus, so I went back to basic static colors to concentrate on getting them right during the testing.

I'm going to add some more events with the static colors until we have a full base, then we can get fancy We have to address the stopping of a mode effect during gameplay if the mode isn't completed. That's first on my to do list.

Quoted from epthegeek:

This mod is outstanding. I'd love a Tron, and would have previously only settled for LE because the lightshow is just that cool -- but if this nails all the important bits, that's fantastic and makes it easier to get one somday.
It'd be cool if it could fade between colors of active modes more smoothly, but it sounds like that's just a matter of programming, so, woo!

#431 11 years ago

Can someone verify the stacked modes possible?
Is it GEM/CLU/ZUSE/QUORRA can run concurrently and DISC/LIGHTCYCLE?
I'm not near my game, so I wanted to work on something....

#435 11 years ago

I can't speak for the others or Eli, but my goal right now is to set a baseline for the game that is similar to the LE, but with some different features.

It will be entirely up to Eli to determine how he wants to package these units, but there will surely be at least one sketch that could be downloaded or sent that will have the standard modes. You can then download the arduino software and start tinkering. It will be cool to see what others envision when they begin adding effects to their game. You could literally have a dozen sketches that you could upload to the units when you like to change the lighting environment. It is pretty sensational.

Last night I made some changes:
* Add Z-U-S-E target hits to flash ramps WHITE
* Add ZUSE SPINNER effect to fire ramps WHITE when spinning
* CLU mode ramp lights turn off if you complete the mode OR fail to complete
the mode (drain or timeout)
* ZUSE mode ramp lights turn off if you complete the mode OR fail to
complete the mode (drain or timeout)
* DISC multiball ramp lights turn off if you complete the mode OR fail to
complete the mode (drain or timeout)

I have 2 more main modes to fix (turn off lightcycle and QUORRA if you fail to complete mode) and more things to add that the LE already does. I'm leaving the stacked mode lighting running concurrently for now as it's pretty cool knowing you have several modes running by the lighting.
As you complete each stacked mode, that color turns off, so you know how many you are still working on.

When I am done with the main modes and some eye candy, I will ask Eli to add back the other effects like fading.

Quoted from Cursed:

Eli and crew, this looks awesome and the fact it will be programable is amazing!
All this talk about seperate lighting for the ramps, while good i also would not want it overdone. I think single colour has it's place as well.
Is the goal to have it fully programmed for every mode/instance prior to sales or the 'majority' done then we can tinker?

#438 11 years ago

Hmm, that never occurred to me. I would imagine it is technically feasible to plug in the light tubes to the new units, add the programmable board and start customizing. Since the fiber tubes wouldn't be long enough to have both in the same location, you would have to remove the original units and put in the new units. Yes, I think that would be possible, but you would need to modify the sketches somewhat since the lamp/flash/solenoid values are different in the LE. Actually you would have more events to trigger since you also have the apron flashers, DAFT PUNK mode and drop target bank that could also make something happen.

Quoted from ChadH:

OK, at this point the LE owners (me included) are probably starting to wonder if this would be possible to be added to the LE? We've already got the light tubes. Will it be easy to interface with existing hardware on the LE? Maybe unplug the light tubes from current LE controller and plug it into this mod?

#446 11 years ago

More progress to report....

GEM ramp lighting now ends at completion or when the mode times out
QUORRA ramp lighting now ends at completion or when the mode times out
LIGHTCYCLE ramp lighting now ends at completion or when the ball drains
Sea of simulation now pulses white like it should during this mode

Since its currently quite unremarkable when you start DOUBLE SCORING, now your get both ramps lit in the TRON insert PURPLE during this mode. When DOUBLE SCORING ends, the ramps turn off.

The RECOGNIZER mode is still unfinished. In the LE I believe you get a pulse of RED ramps when the bank is down and the disc is hit. I was able to get something similar but it interfered with something else, so it's still on the drawing board a the moment.

#452 11 years ago

Here is a video I took today showing the latest progress with the lamp lighting modes.
All of the main modes are mostly working.
Non-modes such as Quorra Spinner, Recognizer bank, and some other things are also shown.

End of game and attract mode are not coded yet.

#466 11 years ago

Update!

ok, so after spending lots of time on the modes of TRON, we decided to take a break and work on the cool attract mode. I took a fast video to show you todays progress (sorry forgot to take off the glass!)

And the beauty of it all .... if you don't like it, or want different colors, timing, effects, you can change it. Have it your way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TtbEM1lw8Fk

#468 11 years ago

ok, here are 2 videos with the glass off to show todays progress.

#490 11 years ago

I tried split ramp colors and didn't like them. It was cool for 5 minutes then got annoying when multiballs and other modes kicked in. I want the game to have life and color, but not be brash like a circus. Of course you can do split ramp colors if you like. You can change the LightCycle yellow ramps to blue and yellow. You can make your own modes if you like.

We didn't make decisions that are irreversible, everything can be changed. I made an attract mode that mimics the LE for the most part using the LE colors. Maybe someone doesn't like that, and had an idea for a sweeping blue/yellow animation during the main attract mode, or a color that goes from the left ramp to the right ramp, then pulses 2 different colors. I have to say having the attract mode and end of game attract mode installed now makes a BIG improvement in the wow factor of this game.

Some core things are in place that would be possible to change but more work. Like showing each stacked mode color on the ramps. Some will love this idea and some won't. We will include it and if you want to change it, change it. Ramp colors are the easiest to change, there are 2 lines of code for each color effect.

Quoted from Don1:

I like having the colors alternate between the stacked modes, but the great thing is that it will be open source so even if you can't program it yourself someone out there can! Really can't wait.

#493 11 years ago

Eli will be packaging the kit, but I believe he will include everything you need to do the install including whatever level(s) we come up with. Then you can just go wild and create your own.

You'll need to download arduino 1.0.1 for windows and install it on a PC or laptop if you want to change the code. I think there is a linux version too. This is the programming environment.

Basically, you load the existing sketch, make your changes, save the file and upload it to the module in the head of the pinball. I have a USB cable out the back of my game since I updated it a few hundred times with my laptop next to the pinball. You could also remove the module and update it with the USB cable on your PC if you don't have a laptop.

Basic colors? It is more colorful than TRON LE because it uses PWM which can vary thousands of colors. The TRON LE has 8 colors. The videos I showed recently were with maybe 10 colors to keep it simple as I build the modes. Look at my GEM and FLYNN colors they are way different from the LE to get an idea. You can use literally any color, to match your LED inserts, etc. since many people have put different LEDs in their PRO.

Quoted from rai:

When the kits are sold will they have basic code installed? How exactly is the code changed and put into the game? I mean do you do it on a computer and flash it onto the mod controller?
What are the basic colors? Is this more colorful than the LE Tron?

#495 11 years ago

What happens at the end of each ball on the LE? Do the ramps flash whatever modes you were in at the end? Please explain.

Quoted from spidey:

Have you taken a shot at the SoS and end-of-ball ramp lighting like the LE? In SoS you can follow the ladder inserts, but end-of-ball there doesn't seem to be any game lights other than then ramps.

2 weeks later
#520 11 years ago

Just a quick update.

We are working on the End Of Ball logic to display the started/completed ladder insert colors on the ramps at end of ball. I like this feature in the LE and we must have it.

If we can accomplish this one, I think we have a complete base to begin refining. One step closer anyway...

#523 11 years ago

Yes, if we get it to tally up the ladder sequence at end of ball, it won't matter what mode you are in when you drain. SOS, Quorra, LC, etc

Quoted from spidey:

Agree, this is a must have. Thanks for the update! I assume this will also apply to SoS? Very similar ladder sequence.

#527 11 years ago

Heh, I didn't even consider special or extra ball. What do you want the ramp lighting to do if you score an extra ball or special? What does the LE do when you get an extra ball or special?

Quoted from Propaganda:

What do the lights do if you earn an extra ball?

#532 11 years ago

Heh, and I was replying with a serious question. Well, I can add some ramp effects for extra ball or special, if necessary. Maybe some kind of alternating ramp flash since it rarely happens in a color thats rarely used

Quoted from epthegeek:

I think that was a shot at the pro not having an extra ball. All subtle like.

1 week later
#539 11 years ago

Update!

Eli got the end of ball logic working, so now we can flash the ramps the color of started/completed ladder inserts at end of ball. I also added extra ball and special lighting.

Here is a new video of the current state of the modes. A bit more cleanup and this first version will be complete. This video shows two games - a quick game and a more lengthy game completing most of the modes and going through SOS. Enjoy.

#541 11 years ago

Whoops, try it now.

Quoted from frolic:

video is set to private.

#551 11 years ago

There is no lamp, flasher or solenoid associated with the tilt.

Since the TILT causes the start button to turn off, the game would go into ramp attract mode, so actually yes, you will get a series of ramp colors until the ball ejects

Quoted from asnatlas:

luvthatapex2, would it be hard to add like Yellow for tilt warnings and Red for a Tilts or something along those lines ??

2 weeks later
#558 11 years ago

Well if you want an update:

The software sits where it was 2 weeks ago (see previous videos) and is undergoing constant play testing. There are some bugs but it's basically stable. I think the features we have added are very fun. Playing the PRO with ramp lighting has totally spoiled me. I think everyone will love this mod and enjoy making new combinations and versions of their own.

In a week or so, we will take a day and fix the bugs and that will be version 1.

Eli will have to update you on his plan for the hardware.

1 month later
#611 11 years ago

Actually there couldn't be a better time for a code update.

This way we can see what we need to adjust with an update. Until now we didn't have any way to know. Since the game is fully coded for lamps and solenoids, the changes should be minor to the ramp code logic. We'll see. I will update my game this weekend.

Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I hope the new code does not slow down this project.

2 weeks later
#625 11 years ago

Not sure what the other poster said, since he is in my ignore list,but i guess at this time we can give a small update.

I have been running what we believe will be the production board for the past 2 weeks. This was tested with the latest tron 1.74 code that was just released. The other beta testers have the board too, so all 3 of us are now on the same platform. So far I have made minor changes to the aesthetics of a couple of modes, but basically the code is unchanged and works great. Its good to know since we can never guess if Lyman will give us another update, but if he does nothing will need to be changed with the base code.

I can't give you any other update than this at this time. I'm sure when Eli is ready, he will let you know the next step. As far as i am concerned the code is ready for first release.

1 week later
#659 11 years ago

Yes, it will work with any version of the PRO code and probably LE code too, though of course I am unable to test the LE at the moment

Quoted from rai:

Will this mod work with any code version?
I'm running 1.7 until I get tired of it.

3 weeks later
#715 11 years ago

Hurray! More friends to join the party! Woohoo! You are going to LOVE IT!

#733 11 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Don't know if I counts but I want in on the final revision.

I'm not sure if you guys realize this is the final release. The programming works incredibly well and the modes are there. The only difference that Eli is referring to that comes down the road is how the kits will be mass produced instead of hand soldered. Right now its labor intensive for Eli to make a kit.

I've been running the final board for 3 months and see no issues that need to be fixed.

The one thing you will be required to do is tweak the ramp lighting to your liking, adding crazy colors perhaps, new modes and changes to what we have done that you may want to do differently. And of course, you will need to share with the rest of us so we can apply the changes to ours too

#752 11 years ago

Did anyone order a kit yet? Can't wait to discuss with another enthusiast

#759 11 years ago

Right, I assumed Eli contacted the first 10 and orders were placed. Guess not.

Quoted from herg:

No, sorry. I was making a tongue in cheek comment about the fact that no one really knows how Eli is planning to make these available. luvthatapex2 asked if anyone had ordered, but there's nowhere to order them. There's supposed to be 10 or so development quality systems being made available to early adopters, but unless they've been notified in private, there has been no further info.

1 week later
#783 11 years ago

Hurray, now it gets real for 11 more people!!!!!

#796 11 years ago

I used a dremel with a small bit to make the holes for the clear zip ties. It was quick and easy. The dremel gives you control since i was unsure i could hold a drill steady. I think one of the other guys used a soldering pencil.

#820 11 years ago

Terrific! The fun begins! Thanks for the update, can't wait for the next one to get installed.

#847 11 years ago

I bought clear small thin zip ties at home depot. They are maybe 3 inches long and very thin maybe 2mm? They came in a pack of 50 or so if I recall. Thats how I determined how any holes to drill

Quoted from Spudgunman:

I have seen photos of "clear" plastic zip ties but cant find a source for them. clear.. not "natural" foggy. still searching
here is the image I saw left most clear zip tiehttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jul-2009/37776-zip_ties.jpg

#849 11 years ago

Maybe, but I haven't heard a complaint from the 400 LE owners that have their fiber optic lighting mounted with clear zip ties. Its honestly a non-issue to me. It never bothered me seeing little clear zip tie heads around the ramp. The loop is under the ramp and so is the fiber.

Quoted from Aurich:

Looks like there's a market opportunity here for someone to fabricate some kind of clear plastic cable guides that you could superglue onto the ramps.
Even a true "transparent" zip tie is gonna be pretty obvious, a mounting solution that's purely below the ramp would be more ideal.

#851 11 years ago

Yes it would. That "someone" is Lyman and he's been asked many times believe me. We never thought we'd see another PRO update, so who knows, maybe someday.

Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Would be cool if someone could intergrate daft punk/end of line multiball in tron pro that would be the icing on the cake for tron.

#869 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Spudgunman,
It's a bit hard to tell from your pic, but it looks like you were able to do a better job than I did getting the fiber to sit a bit straight on the right ramp, near the second switch. It's a tight squeeze, and the nuts actually boogered up the fiber a little bit on mine. Any tips? I still have the left ramp to do.

The shooterlane area near the right outlane has one post in the way of where the fiber would easily flow around the ramp so you might want to mount the fiber closer to the ramp contour. I know i had the same problem with that tight squeeze. The left ramp has nothing in the way, so its straightforward.

#882 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

For the guys who have the developer kits, I highly suggest loading the code linked in Eli's instructions. In Troz's video at 10:52, there is some spastic flashing that is due to the code not switching back into attract mode. Mine did it as well, but since I loaded the latest code, it switches properly. It also greatly improves the mode detections while in game. I have to assume that the code that was on at least my board as shipped was an older version.

Got a link? The last version we have is 2-11-2013

We should probaby setup a dropbox or google share that updates or alternate versions of the software reside as things get changed.

#883 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Certain single shots (such as a shot to a Zuse target or Quorra spinner), but not all (Gem?) attempt to provide feedback. It's not rock solid yet, so sometimes it doesn't show a Quorra shot, etc.
For modes, it only displays the highest ranked active mode, so if you have Zuse and Clu running, they would be lit white, and you wouldn't know from just the ramps that Clu is also running.
Also, it gets pretty tricky to detect the start and end of these modes sometimes, so there are still some bugs, especially at the end of multiball modes.
Still, even with these things, it actually is helpful in letting you know what's going on, and it's only going to get better.

Right and the highest rank active mode was something we added to mimic the LE. It gets tricky when stacked modes are running. In this case as a mode is completed,the next highest running mode colors show on the ramps. Also, completed modes that are re-run don't light the ramps.

We originally had the ramp lights following stacked modes, so you would know if you are in clu/lightcycle/quorra as the ramps would pulse yellow/yellow-blue/green, but this looked a bit messy, though it was good info to the player as to what modes were running. We've tried lots of options along the way and picked the choices you see now in the software.

#890 10 years ago

ok, it looks like the change you made to the TRON_Ramps_r1 in the game state has changed paragraph slowed the fast attract mode at game over. I've isolated it to a couple of lines of code. I like this change, thanks. I can send the few lines to the other owners if they would like to implement just this one change.

Quoted from herg:

It's kinda hard to say what actually happened with the default load, but mine was consistently going into the fast flashing mode after every game. The only time it was in the slow attract mode was when I first turned on the game. After loading the code from the r1 archive, it properly switches to the slow flashing attract every time.
Edit: OK, maybe I jumped the gun on saying the r1 code fixed the super fast attract mode. I went back and loaded it directly from the archive, and the problem came back on mine. I then loaded the code with my changes again, and it was fixed again. It must be something in my changes, but I can't say for sure what that would be. Sorry for the confusion.

#894 10 years ago

Now that several more people have the kit installed, give some thoughts to the following additions:

1) A dedicated mode for TRON. TRON like FLYNN is another gimme mode, so it would be cool to have the ramp lighting accent this mode to make it a bit more interesting.

2) An effect for DOUBLE SCORING (also absent in the LE). We originally had this as a PURPLE RAMP mode that trumped all running modes, but we weren't sure we liked it. I think DOUBLE SCORING is an important event, unlike the bumper mode, so we should accentuate it somehow.

3) An effect at the FLYNN arcade scoop. Again, we originally had a burst of ramp color or something, but it was interfering with other things. Now that we have more "heads" to think about it, maybe we can make something interesting.

#902 10 years ago

Yes, we had that before but it was interfering with another effect. I forget the specifics. Perhaps a good time to revisit it and add that option. I'll add that to the feature request in the shared document.

I'd like to see a flashing in purple when the ball is going to kick out of the scoop. If that is possible. And it could override any color on the ramp already.

#911 10 years ago

Wow nice job. It never occurred to me to install them that way and with the heat shrink tubing to eliminate the light escape on the inserts. Excellent idea.

#920 10 years ago

There were no install instructions 10 months ago

Quoted from Sc1f1:

The instructions mention installing it this way with the stand offs that are included.
Thanks for the pictures it will other to get an idea of how to use the stand offs for mounting.I have to get the black poster board too

#922 10 years ago

There was a new ramp lighting build released last night(r1e), so I'd recommend the new owners update their game. Check the shared document in the email you received from Eli for a link. Also, please check the document for active discussions.

Are there some of the 11 new owners awaiting receipt/install of your kits? Just curious.

#933 10 years ago

Great to hear more have their kits installed. I think all but 4 are installed now. Party!

The code installed already in the kit is fine, it works, but there were several updates recently.

Version r1e is in the shared document, but we are testing r1h, so the code is getting tighter and tighter with herg and Eli's collaboration. I'll be testing the double scoring effect tonight to be added in the next update.

#950 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

In the last pic I had the wires switched on the light engines. Everything is 100%. It actually make for a better game as you dont have to keep looking at the dmd to tell what mode your in or its priority.

Has everyone updated their boards to version r1h? This version makes the stacking effect timing better. We are testing a few new effects in the next build now.

#951 10 years ago

FYI just a little housekeeping item.

I was able to help a new owner update his board with a MAC. This is the first time I heard someone using a MAC, so I'm glad it works for those too. So far we have MAC, Windows and Linux users

#956 10 years ago

Have all 11 new users installed their kits now?

#960 10 years ago

I'm still unable to sleep after 9 months with it. I was up late testing some of Eli and Hergs tweaking last night

Quoted from Toasterdog:

How could you get this kit and not run out and install it immediately. I wouldn't be able to sleep.

#969 10 years ago

Nah, we are not letting you get off that easy. Tell us more... what do think of the modes and did you update it to r1h? Did you install the USB cable so its easy to update with a laptop? Just curious.

Quoted from ChadNC:

Mines installed now. We were building a staircase that held me up.

#977 10 years ago

New version of the ramp code is available in the googledocs link. I would highly recommend updating to version R2E. Great stuff! BIG Thanks to herg and Eli for continued development of this awesome kit.

#988 10 years ago

Nope, all 11 kits are using the same pinout. Mine is different. You and the others won't have to do anything to r2e as it's for "your kit". I make pinout changes to mine in the software each time I test a new version.

Is this new code going to need alteration like the last one did for me? I remember your settings were different than mine and you had sent me some commands to change because my colors were off after updating. Thanks.

#990 10 years ago

ok, I will take a quick video just to give you a reference of color of the ramps during game play and attract mode with r2e.

2 weeks later
#1023 10 years ago

The ramp code r2f update is available now for the dev kit users. See the shared google doc for download.

Thanks Herg and Eli for the additions and for making it available for us to inject even more COOL in our Tron.

#1028 10 years ago

I guess I would add that the 14 dev kit owners were emailed the link to the shared documents which were used for bug fix notes and feature requests.

I'm sure nobody would care if it was stated what the current version contains, but the discussiuon section would only be meaningful to those with the kit..

Quoted from herg:

That's a good question. There is a release history along with the software releases in a shared document that is publicly accessible, but I'm not sure if Eli actually wants it made public. Does that make sense?

#1032 10 years ago

Well, I compiled a changelog of sorts with Hergs help. Maybe you will find this useful, but at least it shows the amount of work Herg and Eli put into the code in the last month and the features that were added/changed.

The new timing techniques and framework helped the stability of the modes and made the portal and SOS modes possible.

Changelog 5/9 to 6/2 - current version r2f

* Replace the PULSE_ALT animation with a WAVE animation
* Add effects for each target hit during Portal
* Fix for the Gem / Super Spinners bug
* Fix for the Quorra / Gem bug
* Fix for the LCMB / Quorra bug
* Fix for the Quorra drain / fast restart bug
* Fix for the SOS early detection bug
* New effect for Portal lit, white/black wave, but of course, that can be changed
* Added an SOS mode:
Slow blue/white ramps when it's ready to start
Fast blue/black ramps during the intro
When the ball kicks out of the scoop, it progressively displays the color of the mode you are trying to complete
* 2X, extra ball, special should now work during both SOS and portal
* The blue ramps after Portal is over were a bug and should now be fixed
* Portal White base for the mode with ramp colors to match each insert collected
* Fixed the Disc MB ending early
* Fixed a bug when starting SOS with Flynn not completed caused Extra Ball ramps to light
* Used a struct to store additional lamp information
* Added a function to query lamp blink rate
* State machines for all of the game modes, which I believe are more accurate in determining if a mode is active
* Flynn mode can be restarted and is active when Find Flynn is active rather than relying on CLU inlanes
* Effects logic added

#1035 10 years ago

At this point there is nothing left to fix except chase down one extremely minor ZUSE bug.

All the modes work including full ladder effects for SOS and PORTAL. Herg put a ton of time on this in the past month. Great stuff that everyone will enjoy both now and when you get your kits.

3 weeks later
#1065 10 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Sorry, been a bit busy on the game grid.
ETA is looking pretty good for sometime in July.
There isn't enough power to drive under cabinet lighting off the mod, you'll have to chain the PWM signals to a second set of drivers if you want to do that.
The final boards aren't completely Arduino compatible and I hope that there will be enough built-in customization to keep people from needing to hack the code (to keep things sane for support as much as anything) but definitely email me if there's something you need to do after release.
As always, thanks for your patience.
End Of Line

Interesting Eli, its great to hear you are in the home stretch with the production units! It will be your one year anniversary ( july 8 ) when we received the first prototype. You created something amazing and refined in this time.

With regards to the arduino, since we are basically running a stable release code now, will all of the features we've worked on migrate over to the the new production kits?

2 months later
#1253 10 years ago

I'm sure its a miscommunication. Perhaps pinbits got some in and didn't notify Eli. Those that were hitting refresh on the webpage for weeks finally grabbed one. We all knew that pinbits was selling them, but they were waiting on supply. I'm sure more are coming very soon.

Quoted from Frax:

Wow, so Pinbits got some for sale before all the people on this thread even knew about it, and we've been sitting here supporting this for over a year?
AWESOME?

#1270 10 years ago

Interesting. What sketch are you using for the new kits? Tron_Ramps_r2g (latest from the dev kits) or something different for these kits?

Quoted from PamPinbits:

3) That said, we'll work with Eli to get notice to people with PMs on file. We do have parts for a good bunch of kits in hand, but there's programming, assembly, testing, packaging to do. That takes time. There will be a batch this weekend.

#1324 10 years ago

Interesting. I'm sure I'm not the only dev kit owner to be curious about the new units. I've been running mine for 14 months. Since they are different, what modes are they running? How do you update them? I know there was a webpage in development to generate a binary, but not sure what happened to it. Does a new owner want to give some info on the new kit?

Quoted from vtec16:

I have seen one of these 15 kits from pinbits installed and played it a ton. it's amazing!! It makes the machine a piece of art, just watching the light show is soothing and stimulating. I will say that no harness is necessary. The units can be mounted directly to the bottom of the Playfield, all the hardware is provided in the kit. Pinbits included quite a bit in the kit. In comparing the pinbits model from Eli with the pre-production test models, it's much more compact and elegant in design and thus easier to mount, there are actually options on where to mount the units. The pinbit's unit look a lot like the finished models under the LE's.
This is the best pinball mod I have ever seen by far!! THANK YOU ELI!!

#1327 10 years ago

Yes, the clear fiber tubing adds brightness to the ramp lighting. That was another great idea.

I think my 2 favorite effects in the coding are:
The ramp lighting changing through the stacked modes at the scoop
(ie. if you have clu, quorra and LS stacked at the scoop, you get YELLOW for a few sec, then GREEN for a few sec, then YELLOW/BLUE on the ramps for the LS since LS is the higher mode).
Second one: the double scoring ramp pulsing to let you know you are in double scoring mode.

I couldn't play TRON without this ramp lighting, its a game changer.

Quoted from DrStarkweather:

There is a board that goes in the back box and it appears to have a mini USB attachment I think. Im not sure how it will update in the future, but I think it IS up dateable.

#1329 10 years ago

Herg, before you added this, I never knew when I was in 2x scoring

Quoted from herg:

I had a friend say they didn't like this one. "Too much random flashing." I told them it was for 2X scoring. "Oh, that's kinda nice."

1 week later
#1348 10 years ago

Pinbits is distributor for Elis ramp kit, so email them. Last I checked there was a link on the product listing page.

Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

The rest of us just posted such a request to this thread, and some of us also PMed Eli. (don't forget about me my new friend Eli ) Not sure what the situation is now with Pinbits distributing the product, but you can start by posting your request here.

Quoted from jfh:

Where / how does one get added to the list?

#1351 10 years ago

Awesome! Did you see the stacked mode ramp light changes at the scoop yet? Or the blue/yellow ramp lighting during LS mb? or the FLYNN mode? or the double x scoring pulsing ramp lighting? or the extra ball lighting? or the pulsing before SOS?

Sorry, just gotta share the TRON love that another one's installed!!!!

Quoted from Russo121:

I got my kit and its truly fantastic!
One thing though; The pinbits instructions are wrong and the picture that shows the underside of the playfield shows the LED modules in the wrong positions. They need to be swapped around. This cost me around a half hour so I hope to save you guys the same problem. Also, on my original run Tron 3d, the resistor bank was in the position where the right hand side LED module was supposed to go so it was a VERY tight fit.
Drilling was a pain too. My ramps had thick flanges so I had to drill two holes side by side about 5mm apart in order to get that 'factory look'. Took quite some time with lots of swearing along the way, but i got there in the end.

Very happy with the way it all turned out. Buckets and buckets of uber appreciation forever and ever amen to Eli and everyone that made this mod possible.

#1360 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Couple questions...
When your name comes up on the list how do you know (do you get a PM on Pinside or? At that point do you have to go to pinbits to order?)
Also how long does this kit take to install?
I asked to be put on the list a couple months ago I hope I'm getting close.

Contact pinbits on the page earlier in this thread. pinbits is selling the kits for Eli, nobody else.

#1362 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sh!t I posted here to be added to the list and Sent a PM to Eli at the same time I thought that put me on the list do I also need to contact pinbits??

Not also, in place of ..... See above

#1382 10 years ago

I didn't use a drill, I used a dremel and it was 20 minutes to drill the 60 holes in the ramps. Take your time, put the fiber optic tubing against the ramp to see where the holes should be and ensure the bends have enough clearance and you'll be fine. I was paranoid drilling my ramps so I used the dremel since its smaller and very easy to control and zips through the ramp in a second.

Like everyone else, I used the thinest and smalled zip ties I could find. I picked a pack up at home depot and they were milky white, but unnoticeable to me on the game. The ties keep the tubing nice and uniform around the ramp and it doesn't move. I would definately recommend the ties.

4 weeks later
#1548 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This mod is so awesome I want to order it for my LE. Wonder what double tracked optic fibres would look like?

You wouldnt need to double up. Just take the existing fiber optic ends and insert them in the new light engines and install the little board. No need to add the fiber if you already have it. Interesting to see what an LE owner would think of the kit ...

#1551 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

That's it! Put the second board in and splice some fibre from it and have both boards connected with some sort of optical isolating switch so you can choose which source you want to run with. As long as there is room under the playfield to have both sets of drivers installed.

Youre kidding right? If not this wouldnt work at all. You either connect the fiber tubes to the existing stern light engine or the new eli light engine, not both.

1 week later
#1584 10 years ago

The code is very much mode based. Anything that starts a mode or is in a mode causes some logical color to display. We've tried to take the basics of the LE and expand on it and fill in the gameplay gaps with something interesting and pleasing.

As long as a solenoid or lamp causes an event, you can modify the code to give some series of colors or pulses. Switches on the other hand are not read by this technology, so you wouldn't be able to "trigger" a rampcolor based on entering or exiting a switch unless it caused a lamp, flasher/solenoid to fire.

Quoted from oktobernv:

Installed mine saturday.
This thing KICKS A$$!!
Thanks Eli - Much respect.
One comment / suggestion
In future "code updates" would it be possible to have the ramps light up when the ball enters the ramp?
There is a "gate" on each ramp so the code should be able to read that event, no?
Nothing drastic, maybe just that cool "Tron" blue color when you enter a ramp?
Thoughts?
Rob

#1589 10 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Yes it would. Another option is to have the switches trigger the lightcycles when the ball passes by.

Sorry, there is no way the sense the switches.

2 weeks later
#1656 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Question for everyone who is familiar with this kit. During lightcycle multiball the Left Ramp (by left ramp I mean the one that the entrance is on the left side of the playfield between the Z and U targets) is lit blue and the other ramp is lit yellow. Is this normal or should they both be yellow?

Normal. This was to simulate the battle between the cycles. There are other differences you will notice compared to the LE. See if you can spot them all

3 weeks later
#1691 10 years ago
Quoted from tomaszb1:

Question - does the first hit to the recognizer target not suppose to go red on the ramps? The 3 hits after the first do that. Is this the norm?

Right. The first hit of the recognizer doesn't light the ramps because the hit doesn't call a lamp or solenoid (flasher). Subsequent hits fire a lamp or solenoid, so they are coded to fire off the red ramps. So this is the "norm" for this kit.

This is the same with QUORRA. The first hit to Quorra doesn't light the ramps green, but subsequent spins of quorra light the ramps green.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.