IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#183 11 years ago

VERY excited about this mod also..... any projection on cost on this thing? Is this going to be a $500+ mod? Any guesses of Fiber costs who knows what.... custom PCB, brackets, and a PIG too? Wowzers. Maybe Stern wasn't too far off in their pricing on the LE after all if it ends up being in that neighborhood...

Crazy impressive stuff here..

#186 11 years ago

That's a good point too, about the PIG being able to do other stuff. I wasn't trying to rag on anything. If I get my hands on a Pro, this will be THE mod I have to have!

1 week later
#192 11 years ago

Cripes....

SOMEONE BUY MY STAR TREK TNG SO I CAN GET TRON!!

#198 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

My buddy Welby Bergum here in Olympia has a Tron, but I don't know what version it is. It is signed by Gary Stern though.

Think the LE's were signed by Stern under the clearcoat down in the outlanes...

2 months later
#264 11 years ago

I'm sure I already stated this WAY earlier in the thread, but I'll buy a kit when it's available, regardless of whether or not I have a Tron yet.

#296 11 years ago

Considering the PIG is like 100$, that's some pretty useful added functionality in there.

*Edit* For the record, I don't know how the hell you're pulling this off without a game to test it on yourself. That's just bonkers. People here should band together to buy you a machine like was done for Robin, because that's CRAP!

1 week later
#319 11 years ago

ALL RIGHT! That's what I'm talking about!

Customization + polling for any insert? Holy crap!

1 week later
#354 11 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

I hope all us 3D people are still in line waaaay before these new blood 2Ds get them

Shoot....I offered to buy one way before I was even going to have a machine.

#358 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

There is no list.

There is only Zool.

Sorry...couldn't help it.

All I can say is that Eli better have one heck of a bulk order when he's ready, because we gonna BLOW IT UP.

#368 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Folks there is no list. I heard he asked one of his minions to create a binder of potential buyers though.

Shoot, if he wants that info, I can go through this thread and compile it for him. No problem.

3 weeks later
#447 11 years ago

You guys are killing me, lol.

I am going to spend as much time tinkering with the config files as I will playing the game it sounds like. I'd be happy to have one now, just because I know that is exactly what I will end up doing anyways. I'm hoping I can get it on my game before TPF.

1 month later
#545 11 years ago

1 soul for sale, immediately. Your cost? 500$.

1 month later
#597 11 years ago

Bump to get everyone's hopes up again to find out that it's not available yet.

Seriously, praying that somehow this gets out in time for me to slap it on my Tron 2D for use @ TPF.

2 weeks later
#614 11 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

The code in this mod is trivial. I have written literally millions of lines of code professionally.
The delays, as they have been the entire time, are because
A) I'm not a hardware guy, so there have been several revisions which each involve lots of waiting around.
B) I'm relying on (eager and helpful, but remote) volunteer testers because I don't have a machine here.

Think he was talking about the code in Tron itself, not your code.

It's amazing what you've been able to do, we're all just chomping at the bit...not that you don't not that. lol.

3 weeks later
#653 11 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Sorry, I know people are waiting patiently for updates. Here's a picture of the current state of my coffee table to help tide you over.

Oh my god. That's not nice, man. That's like taking 40 pounds of cocaine to a rehab center...

3 weeks later
#713 11 years ago

I'm game for early too. If the code is easy to update once you guys finalize, I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to tweak my own effects as well!

#746 11 years ago

This is like sitting on chair that you're tied to, with a huge ass boulder over your head held up by some clearly insufficient yarn. You just sit there watching thread by thread PLINK. PLOINK. TWANG. 1 by 1 until the thing drops and at last you recieve the sweet, sweet ecstacy of DEATH.

#762 11 years ago

Ain't it fun doing tedious stuff like building harnesses? LOL. I would bring all my wire and stuff with me to work and cut and measure wire and crimp connectors during my breaks when I've sold those splitter harnesses.

#764 11 years ago

LOL...I just used a length of wire to measure with, then used the strippers to cut them to same length. Thankfully, I'm only dealing with 2.5" sections.

1 week later
#808 10 years ago

So who's the 10 lucky turds that got in?

2 months later
#1071 10 years ago

Just want to point out that even though I sold my Tron, I'm still interested. Like several other doofuses that have made this particular mistake, I will likely be picking one back up in a while, and I don't want to have to rely on finding a Tron that already has it installed.

1 month later
#1162 10 years ago

I'm still waiting and I haven't even owned a Tron for 4.5 months. I'm not buying another one unless it already has this on it, or unless I can get one of these beforehand. So yeah.

1 week later
#1182 10 years ago

I find it hilarious that so many people on this thread say that this mod was part of their reason to buy a Tron Pro, but then yet we have other TP owners bashing people for that choice....but it seems like a fairly large majority of 'recent' purchasers at least partly decided to get it based on this mod. This is why I SOLD my Tron Pro, aside from just being bored with the gameplay (Sorry, but when you get to Portal like 15-20% of the time....yeah.). I would've kept it hands down if this mod had been in my hands, but without it...Tron Pro just playing second fiddle to LE's IMO. =\

#1208 10 years ago

We had it from October last year to may this year. It was set up factory, waxed to hell and back, with the disc cleaned, and transparent rubbers on it that made the slings SUPER powerful.

Case in point...... we went to one of our two locations today to play in a tournament. I got stuck on Tron for my second match, which I actually wasn't too happy about, because this one has all the typical "location issues"....U target blocking Quorra, tilted to one side, very hard to make GEM shot and when you do half the time it goes STDM, etc. Just basically not fun.

I still put up 80 million on the thing, and was ONE SHOT from Portal. Went into SOS with Flynn, GEM, Quorra, Lightcycle, TRON, and ZUSE all lit solid. I haven't actively gone out of my way to play Tron since we traded it in May. I've put MAYBE 10-15 games on one since then, and this is the FOURTH time I've been one shot off Portal on these two location games. =| I'm ranked Mid-400's right now IFPA, for the record. Was a 100 higher until they killed my Metallica launch party points last week, but the database doesn't maintain any record of that since it was completely retroactive. =|

3 weeks later
#1247 10 years ago

Wow, so Pinbits got some for sale before all the people on this thread even knew about it, and we've been sitting here supporting this for over a year?

AWESOME?

#1251 10 years ago

And furthermore...why does pinbits say "based on Eli's" blah blah.... how is it their light boards don't require the huge heatsinks and brackets that Eli's did? Are they substantially dimmer or what?

#1254 10 years ago

I'm okay with overkill... I'm not okay with spending 400$ for something that doesn't have the same visual impact... mods of mods incoming, I guess...

#1258 10 years ago

Hm..interesting. That's a pretty bad failure rate, especially if they were croaking with those huge heatsinks.

#1259 10 years ago

Hm..interesting. That's a pretty bad failure rate, especially if they were croaking with those huge heatsinks.

#1293 10 years ago

I was posting on page FOUR of this thread, Don...where were you posting? Just saying...

#1297 10 years ago

I did sell Tron, I'm interested in getting one back, and yes, selling it because it was too easy was part of it. The other part was becuase I'd pretty much lost any faith that these kits were going to be available for real. Considering I sold my Tron 6 months ago and still don't have a kit in hand, I can't really say I made a bad decision necessarily. I made bad decisions about what to replace it with. But I've been playing Tron in the arcade again, and it's not the same as playing it at home. It's not nearly as enjoyable frankly. And my kid really REALLY wants it back. We're going to have four pins. My wife has STTNG. I have Future Spa. My older kid wants Jack-Bot (And so do I for that matter), and the little one wants Tron back.

Sounds fair to me.

#1335 10 years ago

"LE ramps use a frosted wire and Eli's doesn't "

Was wondering about that too...guess that answers that. I would've prefered to stay with the original look. Can't please everyone I guess. Still looking forward to owning one. And at least in theory, if I can source the original fiber style in the right diameter, it shouldn't be that big of a deal to just replace it!

#1339 10 years ago

Yeah, and the uniformity and the fact it looks like neon attached to the ramp is part of what I like about it. Like I said, I'll order the kit as-is, but will be keeping an eye out for the "genuine article."

Makes sense why people are saying it's brighter than a LE too....because it is. It's not getting diffused across the entire surface.

1 week later
#1358 10 years ago

I just passed on ordering a kit, so one more out there for you guys. I couldn't find a Tron at anything approaching reasonable, and it's too late in the year to magically conjure 6 grand outta nowhere...

#1377 10 years ago

Awesome idea on the fishing line!

Zip ties *cannot* be perfectly clear. There's too much refraction from the nubs and 'zip' part of the tie. That, combined with the ultra-cheapo plastic they're made from = optically bad.

1 week later
#1443 10 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

I am happy to report that I just got mine also!! Happy Times.Now, all I have to do is modify my lightcycles, wire them up, and start to dis-assemble.
Herbert, the instructions are posted on the site that you ordered the kit from. And then there are some updates to the instructions posted in this thread.
My question about the install is where to mount the "interface board"? unless I missed something.Will have to go and re-read the instructions to see if that was addressed or not.
EXCITED!! THANKS ELI.. i am very impressed so far.

You do realize that I totally want to see it after you get it hooked up, right? I ain't afraid to grovel.

3 weeks later
#1529 10 years ago

FWIW I passed on my "spot" when I was contacted because I don't know when I'll have a Tron back....I'm gonna buy a kit after people have a chance to get theirs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 26.50
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.