Topic Stats

• 1,706 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SuperPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-218.jpg
image-922.jpg
image.jpg
IMAG2871.jpg
20131215_194307.jpg
image.jpg
147517.gif
i-bZQNnNw-XL.jpg
IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drstarkweather.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 8 years ago

Things are getting close. I see this as the most promising Tron Pro lightshow mod.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

Just hey this mode would be cool if we used these colors.
We could watch for this etc mode light and this event would say it was done.

It would be great to start kicking around ideas.

Light Cycle Multiball should have one ramp blue and one ramp orange, to match the lightcycles.
I think for Ring Multiball you should go all red, like the light under the ring. That would be cool.

Maybe the lights could mimic the color of the 'completed modes' down the middle of the playfield otherwise.
-yellow for clue
-green for qourra
-light blue for Gem, maybe teal?
-White for Zeus

Then...it can cycle during Portal or Sea of Simution.

These are just ideas, and I have no idea what colors you can achieve with your system. Just a start off point.

3 weeks later
#104 7 years ago

Badass man. Im liking the way this is turning out!

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

A more basic question, how is the cable going to be fixed onto/into the ramps.......cable ties? Or is there a way to avoid cable ties?

Iv got a pro and I added Cliffy's ramp protectors last night. Someone in that thread suggested using a hot solder iron to make a tiny hole big enough to fit a zip tie and it worked awesomely. I made the who so tiny, and there was no danger of cracking. I used the hole in the metal ramp protector as a guide. Id probably try glue dots first, but if those start failing I'll go the solder iron holes next.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Yeah, I'm not willing to do it, since it could be seen as harmful to Stern (dirty pool, old man) but it would be easy to support if the data was there. My offer still stands to write them a video mode in exchange for outputting the color data on the pro model if anyone knows Lyman...

The plan is still to write some sort of setup to get some kind of sync still though?

1 week later
#124 7 years ago

So Im guessing each tron will require a pair of these devices?

3 weeks later
#170 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Currently Eli has programmed lighting modes that follow the progression of the inserts. Each mode features color(s) and effect(s):
Flynn
Gem
Clu
Zuse
Quorra
Disc
Cycle
Recognizer
Tron
SOS
Portal

and these activate when the mode activates? Or just rotate for now?

1 week later
#190 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Finally got the 3rd beta unit installed today. Looks great Eli!

Is that under playfield bracket attaching the whole thing to the PF coming with the mod? Or did you do that yourself?

1 month later
#239 7 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

So, how dangerous is it to drill the ramps for zip ties? I don't really want to spend another 200 plus on LE ramps.

Im not a betatester, and I dont have another similar mod...BUT When I got my ramp cliffys I had awesome success actually melting holes with a soldering iron.make a metal guide and melt away.

#245 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Guys,

Why not use these? They come real small and clear. No drilling. They also make tiny closed loop ones for you to ziptie too. No permanent mods. OP can include them in the kit for a few bucks.
http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=A10057&Search.x=0&Search.y=0

That looks worth a shot too. As long as the adhesive is strong enough to last.

1 month later
#330 7 years ago

I am ITCHING to get this bad boy. Software As-Is already sounds amazing and worth it.

1 month later
#403 7 years ago

I thought he hated Tron. He is always shitting in the Tron threads.

2 months later
#562 7 years ago

Like the theme, refuse to say 'SO IN ON THIS PREORDER RIGHT NOW' until we hear more info.

edit: meant for the Star Trek thread...for some reason it posted here?

#577 7 years ago

Iv had that dude ignored for months. Welcome to the club guys!

#596 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Since there was never any "list", it would probably make sense for Eli to create some sort of order page, and post a link to it, and first come first served. Any of us that watch this thread would probably get in quick.

Im sure with the amount of interest here, Eli is going to be making PLENTY.

1 month later
#623 7 years ago

Please, don't feed the trolls. That guy got ignored months ago. And I don't use that button lightly.

#636 7 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

There is only one user on these boards I have ever added to the ignore list. Looks like he's at it again...

Id looooooove to see a list of 'Most Ignored People'

Bet I know who would win.

1 week later
#644 7 years ago

yeeeeaaaaah! this is happening. PSYCHED.

3 weeks later
#747 7 years ago

Wonder if Im one of those first 10 people.... Not sure what I would decide, Id have to talk to Eli about it.

2 weeks later
#810 7 years ago

I was offered but I decided Id rather wait for the final versions. Kinda tapped out after Tax day, and Im super busy at work currently (14 hour days this week). So I thought somebody else could get it up and running sooner.

#838 7 years ago

yeah, clear white zip ties as thin as you can get em.

4 months later
#1214 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

quite a bit now that we have the latest codes, and may be its time to notice what still missing (not sure to post here, begin a new topic, or just continue in the old one ???)

talking about the 1.74 LE :

- we quite never see the outlanes SPECIAL, except with the ultra-rare "mystery" scoop... and OK, i know, we're playing all on freeplay, but... than, we can have the SPECIAL lit after completing X times (3 is very not enough, may be 10 ?) the TRON targets

- the DAFT+PUNK ramps, still a pity after getting the DAFT PUNK multiball, cause nothing happend for the 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 times, and than 8 times again, but who did it ? nobody still aim for it after DP multi
we have :
1st time light EB
2nd time give DAFT PUNK multiball (and here first change : when CPU knows 1 ball only remain on the playfield, the SPECIAL outlanes is lit)
and than :
next time light another EB (4 EB maximum per ball remain a good idea)
next time DP multi again
and so on with EB & DP multi
as it, its quite something you want to aim for

- when NOT in multiball, having a 1 or 2 seconds ball save when ball exit the spindisc (and goes directly to the left outlane which is often the case)

- a video mode ... (ok, i know, some will hate it, than with an option for activation in the setup)

Dont think this is the place for that. This thread is about Eli's mod.

2 weeks later
#1268 6 years ago

The first productions were offered to the front of the line people with exclusive links. None were sold on pinbits publicly. That included me, who turned down the opportunity to beta-test in favor of being in the front of the line for the production units. Mine is installed and is plenty bright. In time, more will be released, so calm down and just be a little more patient. You have waited a year, will another few weeks kill you? Probably not.

#1325 6 years ago

My mod is up and running! Was over at a friend's house and played his Tron LE the other day and one of the first things I noticed was I think Eli's is BRIGHTER. Im not sure if its the LEDs he is using or the fact that the LE ramps use a frosted wire and Eli's doesn't but it definitely appeared brighter to me. I played with the lights off last night and it made the whole area around the game glow.

Im super happy with how everything turned out, and I want to give a HUGE thanks to Eli, Martin and Pam over at Pinbits (GREAT service over there), and to luvthatapex2 and the beta testers for the sweet programming.

Worth the wait.

#1326 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

ince they are different, what modes are they running? How do you update them? I know there was a webpage in development to generate a binary, but not sure what happened to it. Does a new owner want to give some info on the new kit?

There is a board that goes in the back box and it appears to have a mini USB attachment I think. Im not sure how it will update in the future, but I think it IS up dateable.

1 month later
#1483 6 years ago

Really enjoying my kit still. Hands down the best mod Iv ever had.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 26.50
Sale Pending!
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drstarkweather.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside