IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#206 11 years ago

patiently awaiting the final product ..... well somewhat patiently

4 weeks later
#224 11 years ago

Thanks for the update, still looking forward to this coming out. It will literally be the first mod on my Tron

3 weeks later
#284 11 years ago

What are some of the issues being adressed with the testing group currently, any idea when we will start to see kits available?

#298 11 years ago

Thanks for the great updates, can't tell you how badly I am looking forward to this Now to go back up and read all of this again so I can savor the coming treat!

1 week later
#331 11 years ago

Glad to hear about the success of the new boards! Here's hoping you have time and patience to work on the other challenges that you mentioned above.

2 weeks later
#376 11 years ago

Can't wait for this... really, I can't wait... so hurry up!

4 weeks later
#488 11 years ago

I like having the colors alternate between the stacked modes, but the great thing is that it will be open source so even if you can't program it yourself someone out there can! Really can't wait.

1 month later
#565 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

1 soul for sale, immediately. Your cost? 500$.

Sure hope it isn't anywhere close to 500... hate to have to sit this mod out

#567 11 years ago

Was that the figure from Eli or was that someones elses estimate? I think I remember seeing that now as well, I'll have to go back and check.

Lol and I'm not suggesting it isn't 'worth' that much, just hoping it's priced within the range of my marital embelzement fund

1 month later
#660 11 years ago

One of the best parts of this thread was when we learned from the testers that the code update didn't require any big changes to the code. Not that I'm expecting many more code updates to my favorite table but it's nice to know the mod can survive one!

1 month later
#880 11 years ago

It's hard for me to catch from the videos in the same way as when I'm actually playing, for those who have tried it out do you find the ramp colors help you know how your progression for a mode(s) is going or do the colored lights come on more as an overall effect and not directly related to mode progression?

For example, if no lights worked on Tron you could still tell for the most part when you start, progress, and complete a mode based on the audio. Do the colored ramps duplicate that?

#900 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Now that several more people have the kit installed, give some thoughts to the following additions:

2) An effect for DOUBLE SCORING (also absent in the LE). We originally had this as a PURPLE RAMP mode that trumped all running modes, but we weren't sure we liked it. I think DOUBLE SCORING is an important event, unlike the bumper mode, so we should accentuate it somehow.

How about adding a double flash effect during double scoring periods. Hold the ramps steady and then flash flash every few seconds.

1 month later
#1061 10 years ago

Sounds like a great idea, are you thinking of under cab lighting or ???

2 months later
#1197 10 years ago

If that price is a true reflection of the final pricing then I'm really happy!

My wife keeps asking me when we're going to put lights on the ramps

3 weeks later
#1292 10 years ago

just indicate in this thread that you want on the list from what we've seen they will then let you know in the order that you got on the list when they have inventory available (ask me how I know )

The wait is almost as painful as the anticipation has been sweet.. so excited !

#1296 10 years ago

I just know that they've been sending out notices to those on the list when they have a few available. That's just from reading the last few pages recently.

I think I asked to be put on the list on page five, maybe six. Frax, are you hoping for a kit still, I thought you had sold your Tron and werent' interested in getting another as it is too easy to get to Portal?

#1299 10 years ago

More than fair for sure.

Buying Tron for the youngest puts you firmly in Dad of the Year position

1 week later
#1345 10 years ago

At this point I believe the project is in the hands of Pinbits who are making them and selling them directly to those on the list. I got my notice and have received my kit, got it installed and have been playing Tron nonstop now.

The instructions are very minimal, they're online when you order them and not printed. There is a photo album with a lot of pictures available and that helps a ton. But some of the pictures would benefit from having some arrows overlayed on them so you know what you're looking at, the power plug that you have to hook up for example isn't obvious but after a while you finally 'see the difference' between the before and after picture. The light blocks aren't labeled right/left and the cabling isn't labeled either. So be sure you plug them in and power the game up to see which ramp is which before screwing them in to the playfield in case you need to swap them (or you could reroute the wiring to send the right/left signals to the correct block).

Otherwise everything installed very easily, and looked so factory it's amazing. No large bars or blocks or anything at all. The lights are bright and the colors are matched great with the modes.

I've been waiting for this mod to come out for so long, and now that it's finally here it was absolutely worth the wait. I think those selling this kit would be wise to keep communication open in this thread as to when folks might expect their purchase links to come out. If you're still waiting, I can only say hang in there. It is absolutely worth the wait!

#1372 10 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Just curious for those who have completed the installation: about how long did it take?

The two real time consuming parts were deciphering the instructions/pictures and drilling the ramps (depending no your level of OCD making clean holes could take a real long time as I found out).

Mine took me a few hours, if I was to do it again for a neighbor it would take about an hour.

I'm curious if anyone has sourced clear plastic zip ties?

#1375 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Remember this is not a race...

totally agree. I guess what I was trying to say was that it is an involved install and it does take a long time (3 hours starting at midnight, but that was as soon as I could get to the machine after flying back home lol). But as it's still early, my point was more that it takes a while because of the measure twice cut once factor. Once the instructions are polished it might not take three hours.

I want to say this is the best mod ever, but I am afraid it's a tie between this and the ColorDMD in our MM

#1376 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Instead of zip tie why not some sort of fishing line & knots? Flourocarbon is very clear.

I kept thinking about using fishing line as I was going along, two holes at each position and they could be super tiny. It'd be all but invisible... but I wasn't sure if it would jiggle or shake? If anyone has tried it and can report how tightly the ropes are held on by fishing line I'd be real interested.

#1404 10 years ago

The light blocks were pretty straight forward like in their picture linked above http://mrtn.smugmug.com/photos/i-xccJrq8/0/X3/i-xccJrq8-X3.jpg

The photo of the power plug that need to be pressed in also could use some big arrows pointing at where you connect them. Looking at the before and after picture reminded me of a bad game of Pick What's Different

I actually installed the black wire on the wrong open slot at first, as it turns out that slot is unused on the board. But it gave me a good scare when I thought it wasn't turning on because I had broken it.

I think I spent 20 minutes looking at it and searching the forums and web for hints. Here's my quick edit.

Post edited by Don1 : added pics

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG
#1415 10 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

Installation Question/Opinion:
Do the ramps need to be taken out if your already installed an EL wire kit ?
Since the ramps are already pre-drilled
Thank you

Yes.

The wire is of course different, but it I think it would just be easier to zip tie everything back in after you take out the EL wire when they are out of the game. You could be the first to try an inplace swap and report back though

#1445 10 years ago

Is the idea to someday code something interesting for the light cycle mod, I may have missed a post if it was discussed earlier. That would be great to have them off until the ramps are hit or the mode is activated. Perhaps strobe when hit during lightcycle mode.

#1453 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

It's better to drill from the topside, what you'll find is that you'll most likely have a bit of a rough feeling once you drill the hole through (this would be on the bottom side of the ramp if you are drilling from the top). When the drill bit goes though it'll leave a bit of plastic on the hole that you just drilled through and what I would do is simply cut it off with a pair of small wire cutters.

This is what made my install so long, I cleaned up every hole with a razor blade to make them smooth on both sides.

For pilot holes just use a soldering iron to make a small divot.

#1454 10 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

I would assume that no holes need to be drilled into the play field ittself, yes?

The LE and Pro use the same playfield, you'll find the holes for the light wire easily enough when you get started.

2 months later
#1673 10 years ago

Best

Quoted from coz6:Thanks to all who make these mods my best looking game by far

image.jpg 91 KB

A colorDMD is next on my list, early Christmas present to myself perhaps

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501?tu=don1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.