Topic Stats

• 1,706 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SuperPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-218.jpg
image-922.jpg
image.jpg
IMAG2871.jpg
20131215_194307.jpg
image.jpg
147517.gif
i-bZQNnNw-XL.jpg
IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 35.
#401 7 years ago

Is there a firm price now?

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Are these ever going to be sold?

Are you buying a Tron to put them in? I thought you were against mods?

#403 7 years ago

I thought he hated Tron. He is always shitting in the Tron threads.

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

Are you buying a Tron to put them in? I thought you were against mods?

You know better than to feed the troll.

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I thought he hated Tron. He is always shitting in the Tron threads.

I am yet to see one decent post from him that isn't putting something or someone down....

#406 7 years ago

Ignore user feature is your friend

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Ignore user feature is your friend

Thanks for the tip. My new goal is to ignore douches who are too much of pussy wimp crybabies who can't take a little criticism and thus invoke the ignore user feature. I think I'll start with Russo121. Even though I love Tron I value other peoples opinions and criticisms. (Mood as I texted ths is more playful than mean spirited, yet had to disagree with censorship). And no, you are not really blocked because that seems just silly to me.

#408 7 years ago

You know everytime I see new messages in this thread I hope there is some news ....

Well, here you go! This is the latest testing. Change the quality to HI DEF fullscreen. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PuzxBTjQrBY

#409 7 years ago

Nice! Any possibility of having one ramp one color and the other another one at the same time? Not sure I like the ramps being completely off when a mode is completed - wish they would just change to another solidly lit color. Or even for the ramps to flash/blink the appropriate color when hitting targets to start a mode. ie. Whenever a ZUSE letter is hit blink white, when Quorra's spinner is hit blink green, etc. (Just seems such a shame to have lighted ramps and then them being off for a good portion of the game).

Or maybe if we see an actual game in play with this setup I'll change my mind, kind of hard to tell.

But really awesome work! Don't want to sound like a complainer, really love what you've done so far!

#410 7 years ago

Looking great!!! Keep up the great progress, so looking forward to this great mod.

One thing that I thought would be kind of cool is that in life cycle MB would be when you hit it up one ramp it changes color to that cycle, hit it up the other it would change to that color of cycle, then back to the life cycle mod color. (yellow and blue cycle) would make it like the cycles are racing.

Also are there going to be any ramp lighting in attract mode or end of ball?

Keep up all the hard work on this one, looking forward to this mod soon

#411 7 years ago

Love the update. Looks fantastic! I would also like to see the ramps seperately lit, but im sure you have that planned already. Great job so far.....

Also had the opportunity to ignore yet another aggressive fool. Today is a good day.

#412 7 years ago

Is it possible at all to make the ramps separate? I have a feeling they are controlled and lit by one continuous fiber optic cable. Might be impossible. I guess we've gotten used to our EL Wire with the separate colors.

#413 7 years ago

Yes, all are possible and already tested. This time I just chose to use the lamp triggers for the start/stop of modes and to show you some linear testing of the modes. I can add back the quorra spinner lighting, zuse letter lighting, arcade scoop lighting, etc. Ramps will be lit frequently during gameplay.

Quoted from Mateui:

Nice! Any possibility of having one ramp one color and the other another one at the same time? Not sure I like the ramps being completely off when a mode is completed - wish they would just change to another solidly lit color. Or even for the ramps to flash/blink the appropriate color when hitting targets to start a mode. ie. Whenever a ZUSE letter is hit blink white, when Quorra's spinner is hit blink green, etc. (Just seems such a shame to have lighted ramps and then them being off for a good portion of the game).
Or maybe if we see an actual game in play with this setup I'll change my mind, kind of hard to tell.
But really awesome work! Don't want to sound like a complainer, really love what you've done so far!

#414 7 years ago

I tested having the BLUE cycle ramp BLUE and Yellow cycle ramp YELLOW during lightcycle multiball, this also works, but I wanted to show you a comparison of LE vs PRO with Elis ramps.

Yes, end of game lightshow will be added, along with some kind of attract mode. Do you all like the current LE attract mode, or would you like something like the yellow/blue ramps lighting?

I think for now we will focus on gameplay and add the attract mode last, but I am interested in your comments.

Quoted from Reul1:

Looking great!!! Keep up the great progress, so looking forward to this great mod.
One thing that I thought would be kind of cool is that in life cycle MB would be when you hit it up one ramp it changes color to that cycle, hit it up the other it would change to that color of cycle, then back to the life cycle mod color. (yellow and blue cycle) would make it like the cycles are racing.
Also are there going to be any ramp lighting in attract mode or end of ball?
Keep up all the hard work on this one, looking forward to this mod soon

#415 7 years ago

Why not have the ramps normally blue and orange rather than off? I especially think that they should be lit during attract mode.

#416 7 years ago

If it can support separate ramps, I think it would be better to show it off, rather than emulating the "lesser" LE style .

#417 7 years ago

Yes, independent ramp lighting is possible and adds a cool element to the addition. you could have yellow/blue ramps during light cycle, green/red ramps during quorra, etc anything is possible.
This was the first step needed to show that we can start/stop the 9 modes in the original LE colors.

Quoted from Russo121:

Love the update. Looks fantastic! I would also like to see the ramps seperately lit, but im sure you have that planned already. Great job so far.....
Also had the opportunity to ignore yet another aggressive fool. Today is a good day.

#418 7 years ago

Yes, this will be possible. Again, whatever we come up with is not the final version, you can change it yourself if you don't like what we added. How cool is that?

Quoted from DCFAN:

Why not have the ramps normally blue and orange rather than off? I especially think that they should be lit during attract mode.

#419 7 years ago

I'll take one when ready.

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well, here you go! This is the latest testing. Change the quality to HI DEF fullscreen. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PuzxBTjQrBY

The mods is looking OUTSTANDING! Excellent, excellent job! Like others, I will be very happy to own the mod when it is ready!

Thank you for all the hard work!

#421 7 years ago

If it can support separate ramps, I think it would be better to show it off, rather than emulating the "lesser" LE style .

It can most definitley do seperate colours which is the major strength of this mod. And I also agree that we don't need to emulate the LE truthfully when we have the ability to go beyond it. Ultimately, you will be able to program the board to do whatever you like once you get it.

Frank and Eli have done a fantastic job with programming the test sketches and the previous version where we were primarily testing solenoids showed off the two-ramp colour very well.
I know this picture has been posted before, but I never get sick of it. I know the ramp colurs are reversed (I had the wires crossed).

You won't see this on an LE

IMG_1014.JPG

#422 7 years ago

This mod is outstanding. I'd love a Tron, and would have previously only settled for LE because the lightshow is just that cool -- but if this nails all the important bits, that's fantastic and makes it easier to get one somday.

It'd be cool if it could fade between colors of active modes more smoothly, but it sounds like that's just a matter of programming, so, woo!

#423 7 years ago

I would agree that it would be better to have the lights on the entire time the mode is active, whether or not it is complete. The game gives you an audible cue when you complete a mode, so when I'm playing I always know when that happens. Of course some modes finish upon completion, like Disc, LC, CLU and Find Flynn, but Quorra, Gem and Zuse keep running, so I'd rather keep the ramps lit for those.
My other recommendation is to decrease the timer a little so the lights cycle (no pun intended) a little quicker when you're running modes concurrently, although that's probably user adjustable anyway. And what would *really* be cool for multiple modes if you could sequence the colors from right to left ramp or vice versa. So if you have 3 modes going, you'd see, for example, left yellow/right blue, then left green/right yellow, then left blue/right green. This would really smoke the LE in coolness, ha ha. And after all, isn't the goal? LE+ !

Really loving it, thanks for the vid! Can't wait for the next update with hopefully these suggestions in there.

#424 7 years ago

Yes, fading, pulsing, blinking effects are possible. There are many options to program your effects. In previous versions of the sketch, Eli had some cool pulsing effects during portal and some ramp sweeps. He also had other predefined mode effects. I was losing focus, so I went back to basic static colors to concentrate on getting them right during the testing.

I'm going to add some more events with the static colors until we have a full base, then we can get fancy We have to address the stopping of a mode effect during gameplay if the mode isn't completed. That's first on my to do list.

Quoted from epthegeek:

This mod is outstanding. I'd love a Tron, and would have previously only settled for LE because the lightshow is just that cool -- but if this nails all the important bits, that's fantastic and makes it easier to get one somday.
It'd be cool if it could fade between colors of active modes more smoothly, but it sounds like that's just a matter of programming, so, woo!

#425 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Ultimately, you will be able to program the board to do whatever you like once you get it.

Can you expand on this? What is the programming environment?

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Can you expand on this? What is the programming environment?

The unit is run via an arduino and the sketches have all been compiled in Teensyduino.
I'm sure Frank and Eli can elaborate... I'm definitely the "junior" member here

#427 7 years ago

I am greatly looking forward to this becoming available. I will patiently wait.

#428 7 years ago

Video looks awesome. Super job so far. LE eat your heart out!

#429 7 years ago

Thanks as always for posting the videos Frank.

Once again this is test code and is meant to exercise specific functionality rather than show everything. In this case it's detecting the on/off/blink states of the progress ladder lamps. It's a lot less impressive than fancy fades and per ramp colors, but those worked months ago, this is genuine progress. In fact credit Frank's enthusiasm that it's not even more boring, the code I sent him was only watching one single lamp.

#430 7 years ago

Looks awesome, can't wait until it's finished and ready to roll!

#431 7 years ago

Can someone verify the stacked modes possible?
Is it GEM/CLU/ZUSE/QUORRA can run concurrently and DISC/LIGHTCYCLE?
I'm not near my game, so I wanted to work on something....

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Thanks as always for posting the videos Frank.
Once again this is test code and is meant to exercise specific functionality rather than show everything. In this case it's detecting the on/off/blink states of the progress ladder lamps. It's a lot less impressive than fancy fades and per ramp colors, but those worked months ago, this is genuine progress. In fact credit Frank's enthusiasm that it's not even more boring, the code I sent him was only watching one single lamp.

It's funny how differently the end user views things from what the designer sees. I saw the same thing, "It looks like the CPU bus monitoring is working quite well."

Good job. From my viewpoint, it looks like the hard part is done.

#433 7 years ago

Eli and crew, this looks awesome and the fact it will be programable is amazing!

All this talk about seperate lighting for the ramps, while good i also would not want it overdone. I think single colour has it's place as well.

Is the goal to have it fully programmed for every mode/instance prior to sales or the 'majority' done then we can tinker?

#434 7 years ago
Quoted from Cursed:

Eli and crew, this looks awesome and the fact it will be programable is amazing!
All this talk about seperate lighting for the ramps, while good i also would not want it overdone. I think single colour has it's place as well.
Is the goal to have it fully programmed for every mode/instance prior to sales or the 'majority' done then we can tinker?

I would not worry.
When we tried out the very first sketch that Eli compiled (the one that was not reading gameplay and was merely cycling through effects) the effects were mostly one colour and the two-tone was pretty limited to light cycle multi-ball. Also, the transitions that he tried out ranged from soft slow fades to pulsing to quick cuts from colour to colour. I have no doubt that the production units will be full featured. Effects are all software driven anyway.

I plugged in Franks latest code last night and it is reading mode starts and completions very well. He's also worked all night on an update which I'm sure we're all eager to try out.

I imagine the units will ship with a really good and complete sketch that anyone can add onto or alter afterwards.

#435 7 years ago

I can't speak for the others or Eli, but my goal right now is to set a baseline for the game that is similar to the LE, but with some different features.

It will be entirely up to Eli to determine how he wants to package these units, but there will surely be at least one sketch that could be downloaded or sent that will have the standard modes. You can then download the arduino software and start tinkering. It will be cool to see what others envision when they begin adding effects to their game. You could literally have a dozen sketches that you could upload to the units when you like to change the lighting environment. It is pretty sensational.

Last night I made some changes:
* Add Z-U-S-E target hits to flash ramps WHITE
* Add ZUSE SPINNER effect to fire ramps WHITE when spinning
* CLU mode ramp lights turn off if you complete the mode OR fail to complete
the mode (drain or timeout)
* ZUSE mode ramp lights turn off if you complete the mode OR fail to
complete the mode (drain or timeout)
* DISC multiball ramp lights turn off if you complete the mode OR fail to
complete the mode (drain or timeout)

I have 2 more main modes to fix (turn off lightcycle and QUORRA if you fail to complete mode) and more things to add that the LE already does. I'm leaving the stacked mode lighting running concurrently for now as it's pretty cool knowing you have several modes running by the lighting.
As you complete each stacked mode, that color turns off, so you know how many you are still working on.

When I am done with the main modes and some eye candy, I will ask Eli to add back the other effects like fading.

Quoted from Cursed:

#436 7 years ago

OK, at this point the LE owners (me included) are probably starting to wonder if this would be possible to be added to the LE? We've already got the light tubes. Will it be easy to interface with existing hardware on the LE? Maybe unplug the light tubes from current LE controller and plug it into this mod?

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I'm leaving the stacked mode lighting running concurrently for now as it's pretty cool knowing you have several modes running by the lighting.
As you complete each stacked mode, that color turns off, so you know how many you are still working on.

That sounds great, also noticed in the video that the ramps stayed lit after a mode finished. Great to see that you have already addressed a question i was going to ask. Agree that it is much better to turn off on completion or non completion.

So is everyone that Eli has given a set to test doing thier own 'thing/programing' so to speak? Or is everyone working together sharing the 'sketches' as they go? (Oh are you Frank? Just read the second last line of Drano's post which would suggest you are all sharing them)

I am liking where you are taking this guys, keep up the great work.

#438 7 years ago

Hmm, that never occurred to me. I would imagine it is technically feasible to plug in the light tubes to the new units, add the programmable board and start customizing. Since the fiber tubes wouldn't be long enough to have both in the same location, you would have to remove the original units and put in the new units. Yes, I think that would be possible, but you would need to modify the sketches somewhat since the lamp/flash/solenoid values are different in the LE. Actually you would have more events to trigger since you also have the apron flashers, DAFT PUNK mode and drop target bank that could also make something happen.

Quoted from ChadH:

OK, at this point the LE owners (me included) are probably starting to wonder if this would be possible to be added to the LE? We've already got the light tubes. Will it be easy to interface with existing hardware on the LE? Maybe unplug the light tubes from current LE controller and plug it into this mod?

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Woah,Woah,Woah.. eeeaaaasy there buddy.. this is for PRO Owners ONLY! LE owners need to wait for pro to exceed LE in value, then MAYBE you guys can get something as cool as this!

(just busting chops)

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from Cursed:

So is everyone that Eli has given a set to test doing thier own 'thing/programing' so to speak? Or is everyone working together sharing the 'sketches' as they go?

We all have the ability to modify the code by creating our own sketches... and we are all sharing code to verify findings. That being said, my programming skills are virtually non-existent compared to guys like Eli and Frank so I'm just happy to verify that things work and maybe tinker with a few colors here and there

#441 7 years ago

The shipping version will come preprogrammed with a "complete" set of displays. If you want different colors or coordinated under cabinet lighting or you want to control some other mods with it you'd have to do your own changes, but it works with the Arduino IDE and the code isn't that complicated. I'll put up some place for people to share their code.

I honestly don't know how tricky it would be to use with the LE. I don't think the LE lightboard supports PWM dimming to the color signals, so you'd be replacing most of the hardware if you wanted custom colors. I personally wouldn't consider it worth the cost and effort, the LE is already a complete package. If you're that desperate for the best TRON on the block I'd be happy to make you a custom version of the arcade code for an outrageous hourly fee.

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

The shipping version will come preprogrammed with a "complete" set of displays. If you want different colors or coordinated under cabinet lighting or you want to control some other mods with it you'd have to do your own changes, but it works with the Arduino IDE and the code isn't that complicated. I'll put up some place for people to share their code.
I honestly don't know how tricky it would be to use with the LE. I don't think the LE lightboard supports PWM dimming to the color signals, so you'd be replacing most of the hardware if you wanted custom colors. I personally wouldn't consider it worth the cost and effort, the LE is already a complete package. If you're that desperate for the best TRON on the block I'd be happy to make you a custom version of the arcade code for an outrageous hourly fee.

Maybe he should swap his inferior and grossly overpriced LE for a pro running your new code.....

#443 7 years ago

So you would be able to tie under cab lighting and such to be programmed as well?

#444 7 years ago

Not officially supported, but I've done it as a proof of concept using a small bit of extra hardware.

#445 7 years ago

Would be cool to have a topper with the colors changing with this mod. Talk about an interactive topper!

#446 7 years ago

More progress to report....

GEM ramp lighting now ends at completion or when the mode times out
QUORRA ramp lighting now ends at completion or when the mode times out
LIGHTCYCLE ramp lighting now ends at completion or when the ball drains
Sea of simulation now pulses white like it should during this mode

Since its currently quite unremarkable when you start DOUBLE SCORING, now your get both ramps lit in the TRON insert PURPLE during this mode. When DOUBLE SCORING ends, the ramps turn off.

The RECOGNIZER mode is still unfinished. In the LE I believe you get a pulse of RED ramps when the bank is down and the disc is hit. I was able to get something similar but it interfered with something else, so it's still on the drawing board a the moment.

#447 7 years ago

You guys are killing me, lol.

I am going to spend as much time tinkering with the config files as I will playing the game it sounds like. I'd be happy to have one now, just because I know that is exactly what I will end up doing anyways. I'm hoping I can get it on my game before TPF.

#448 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You guys are killing me, lol.
I am going to spend as much time tinkering with the config files as I will playing the game it sounds like. I'd be happy to have one now, just because I know that is exactly what I will end up doing anyways.

+1

#449 7 years ago

This is shaping up to be the greatest physical mod in the history of pinball, and the arcade cabinet is probably the 2nd best physical mod ever.
Also, a tip of the cap to the Cactus Canyon software modding which is in the works.

#450 7 years ago

Can't wait for a new video sneak preview, hint hint. ( Waits patiently to give Eli money).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Bolton, CT
There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside