Topic Stats

• 1,706 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SuperPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-218.jpg
image-922.jpg
image.jpg
IMAG2871.jpg
20131215_194307.jpg
image.jpg
147517.gif
i-bZQNnNw-XL.jpg
IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 35.
#351 7 years ago

I'm in too, pls add me to the list.

#352 7 years ago

I am in on the Nov. run, please put me down too!
Thanks

#353 7 years ago

I hope all us 3D people are still in line waaaay before these new blood 2Ds get them

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

I hope all us 3D people are still in line waaaay before these new blood 2Ds get them

Shoot....I offered to buy one way before I was even going to have a machine.

#355 7 years ago

Can I get added to the list? I'm dying to add it to my Tron. Can't wait!

#356 7 years ago

I was on the list before there was a list....or something like that.

#357 7 years ago

There is no list.

#358 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

There is no list.

There is only Zool.

Sorry...couldn't help it.

All I can say is that Eli better have one heck of a bulk order when he's ready, because we gonna BLOW IT UP.

#359 7 years ago

Is Dana around?

#360 7 years ago

If there's a list I would love to be on it!

#361 7 years ago

I'm hoping there's NOT a list since I've never actually asked to be put on it. I agree it's probably going to take quite some time before Eli's able to build enough of these to satisfy demand.

#362 7 years ago

If there were to be a list made i would have thought the best place to begin, is with the people that asked for this mod within the very thread that announced it.

Logic would also dictate that if you dont ask, you dont get!

This mod will make the creators quite a fair bit of money. 100 of these mods could easily net them $40K. For that reason, i'm sure everyone that wants it will get their hands on one soon enough.

My vote for the best mod ever made.

#363 7 years ago

Russo, the creators should absolutely make $$$ off this, but to make 40k off 100 mods would require a profit of $400 on each unit. Now I fully expect the sales to be over 40k on 100 units since Ecurtz said the unit should be priced in the $400 range if possible. I would draw the line @ $500 personally and even that will require me talking myself into it. Hopefully, there is a decent markup that will allow Ecurtz and whoever to be rewarded for their effort.

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

If there were to be a list made i would have thought the best place to begin, is with the people that asked for this mod within the very thread that announced it.
Logic would also dictate that if you dont ask, you dont get!
This mod will make the creators quite a fair bit of money. 100 of these mods could easily net them $40K. For that reason, i'm sure everyone that wants it will get their hands on one soon enough.
My vote for the best mod ever made.

I believe it was announced on a couple different forums. This mod should sell over 500 units pretty quick..

#365 7 years ago

This will probably end up like the arcade as a "must own" mod. Not sure how many arcades were sold, but it would be a ton.

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

There is no list.

There is no spoon

#367 7 years ago

Folks there is no list. I heard he asked one of his minions to create a binder of potential buyers though.

#368 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Folks there is no list. I heard he asked one of his minions to create a binder of potential buyers though.

Shoot, if he wants that info, I can go through this thread and compile it for him. No problem.

#369 7 years ago

The "list" is just me going through and collecting the posts here, emails, and PMs I've gotten and contacting people. No need to worry about it if you've done any of those.

I also hate to disappoint anyone who's dreaming of getting rich in the pinball mod game but we're talking minimum wage, not early retirement. I will be charging something, unlike the arcade code which I did as a fun gift for the community, but not nearly enough for it to be a rational use of my time compared to freelance development.

#370 7 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

The "list" is just me going through and collecting the posts here, emails, and PMs I've gotten and contacting people. No need to worry about it if you've done any of those.
I also hate to disappoint anyone who's dreaming of getting rich in the pinball mod game but we're talking minimum wage, not early retirement. I will be charging something, unlike the arcade code which I did as a fun gift for the community, but not nearly enough for it to be a rational use of my time compared to freelance development.

Charge as much as you want and if people don't like it then can design a better and cheaper version on their own. One thing I hate is when people complain about the price of mods costing too much. It's not like you do this for a living and you probably spent a lot of your own personal time working on it. If the price is too high then the market will dictate whether or not it's priced accordingly. This is not a little Hallmark or McDonalds happy meal toy that you are adding some LED's too. People are willing to pay more just to own a Tron LE and this mod basically will make the Pro as close to the LE as possible. I could not even imagine the amount of time and effort you have put into making this happen and I feel you should be compensated for it.

#371 7 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Yes, this is a hobby, but there's nothing wrong with factoring in whatever you feel makes it worth your while.

Thank you for doing this though, whatever your reasons.

#372 7 years ago

Charge what makes sense. What you're making is something in high demand and will make the Tron Pro beautiful. No one here expects it to be cheap. If you charge too little then demand will be even higher and you will be working your butt off to meet the crazy demand for too low pay and burn yourself out. Try to find a good balance. Everyone here spent thousands of dollars for their machine. They can certainly afford to pay the fair price for such an advanced and involved mod as what you are making. Customer satisfaction is important, but in a hobby this size, the satisfaction of the mod makers is also important.

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I could not even imagine the amount of time and effort you have put into making this happen and I feel you should be compensated for it.

+1

Take your time Eli, I am ready when you are.

#374 7 years ago

+ 2 couldn't be more ready...now just need the machine to arrive!

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Russo, the creators should absolutely make $$$ off this, but to make 40k off 100 mods would require a profit of $400 on each unit. Now I fully expect the sales to be over 40k on 100 units since Ecurtz said the unit should be priced in the $400 range if possible. I would draw the line @ $500 personally and even that will require me talking myself into it. Hopefully, there is a decent markup that will allow Ecurtz and whoever to be rewarded for their effort.

My point was not how much they would 'make', but how much money would potentially go through their hands. Once that is seen, most folk get motivated real quick.

I do hope they make themselves a profit, its certainly worth it.

Quoted from ChadNC:

I believe it was announced on a couple different forums. This mod should sell over 500 units pretty quick..

I kinda overlooked this fact. The scope for huge sales of this mod wouldnt surprise me at all. I havent wanted a mod this bad since the spinning propeller mod on IJ.(no wait, the colour DMD, err...blue Tron display....err....creature lcd mod....aghh...AWESOME MOD OVERLOAD!)

#376 7 years ago

Can't wait for this... really, I can't wait... so hurry up!

1 week later
#377 7 years ago

Please put me down for 1 kit when available. I will be getting mine from the November run soon.

#378 7 years ago

Reaffirming my desire for a kit - book it

#379 7 years ago

I'd buy one of these as well. You can put me down on your list for 1 kit.

#380 7 years ago

Please put me down for 1 kit when available.

#381 7 years ago

Please put me down for one. This is a big reason why I just bought a pro.

#382 7 years ago

I would like to be on the "list" as well.

#383 7 years ago

Can't wait until this is available.

1. So I can have it.
2. So I can stop hoping for info, only to find "add me to the list".

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

2. So I can stop hoping for info, only to find "add me to the list".

Every time there are new posts I'm hoping there's a new video.

#385 7 years ago

No video. But please add me to the list. Must be pretty long list now.

#386 7 years ago

Well, not much news to report, but we are testing what we hope is the final board. This latest board looks like an off the shelf professional IC board. Its very compact. Kudos on the design Eli.

I received confirmation from another tester that he sees the same effects as me, so I will continue testing the software triggers. The software testing should go quicker now.

We are seeing how far we can get with the solenoid/flasher triggers, but may like to also check lamps. As an added feature, I was able to check lamps and get the blue ramp/yellow ramp to light/fade during attract mode, which looks pretty cool. I was also able to fine tune some modes like CLU, lightcycle, and add purple flashing ramps to match the arcade cab when the ball is ejected from the scoop. I'm concentrating on static colors as opposed to fading, pulsing, etc as there are so many ways to light them up.

Currently, Zuse targets fire off the white ramps, along with the Zuse mode. A couple of other things are working the way I'd like but I need to discuss with Eli and the others as we continue.

When you have a tool to customize, there are so many options to test. When is it cool to have different ramp colors lit, when it is better to have them both lit. Which colors not only match the inserts and gameplay, but accessorize the game or storyline, etc...

I'd rather get a few modes working properly, and then show a video, so bear with me. I will take a video soon.

#387 7 years ago

Hopefully any future code update from Stern doesn't screw up your hard work. Will there be a way for the buyers to update the ramp code if that happens after the fact?

#388 7 years ago

The ramp lighting is driven by it's own processor and is running it's own program.
If TRON PRO gets a software update, it will have no effect on the ramp lighting code.

Quoted from ChadH:

Hopefully any future code update from Stern doesn't screw up your hard work. Will there be a way for the buyers to update the ramp code if that happens after the fact?

#389 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The ramp lighting is driven by it's own processor and is running it's own program.
If TRON PRO gets a software update, it will have no effect on the ramp lighting code.

Ok. I figured since you we're keying off of lamps and/or flashers that it might be affected if Stern change the way the lamps light in future code with new rules.

#390 7 years ago

Outstanding news and work, luvthatapex2! Like others, I am also both super impressed and happily awaiting the fine mod!

#391 7 years ago

If this is anything like the TRON arcade mode it will just be outstanding. Can't wait until this one comes out. Santa said my TRON was good this year and hopefully I will get some new bling for it under the tree for me to install this year. Keep up the great work on it, and keep us posted

#392 7 years ago

Give this bump.. the thumbs up if you keep checking this thread every time someone posts hoping it will be a nice update to the mod lol.

#393 7 years ago

Now, why you gotta go and do that?

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Now, why you gotta go and do that?

I want to see how many people are just like me. Wanting, waiting...

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I want to see how many people are just like me. Wanting, waiting...

With Christmas fast approaching, I won't be able to buy this til the new year. So even though I want it NOW, I'm OK with waiting.

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

I won't be able to buy this til the new year

you just have to be strategic with it. Buy it for the wife and tell her how much she loves it and then say "I thought you love Tron!"

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

you just have to be strategic with it. Buy it for the wife and tell her how much she loves it and then say "I thought you love Tron!"

Not a bad strategy. I have one of the beta units installed and my wife, who is not really into pinball at all, stepped up to the game last night and got sucked into playing maybe 20 games straight.
I had to kick her off.
This might make the next pin purchase go a little easier!

Thanks Eli

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

+1 from another current Tamponian...

? ...from Planet Tampon?!

#399 7 years ago

Are these ever going to be sold?

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Are these ever going to be sold?

I would say dont worry about having them in '12. Ive been following since the beginning. Eli and his testers are doing great work but it takes time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 50.00
There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside