Topic Stats

• 1,706 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SuperPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-218.jpg
image-922.jpg
image.jpg
IMAG2871.jpg
20131215_194307.jpg
image.jpg
147517.gif
i-bZQNnNw-XL.jpg
IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 35.
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

+1, still on board. =)

Myself as well!

#302 7 years ago

Put me on bottom of your list and then turn that list upside down.

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Put me on bottom of your list and then turn that list upside down.

Lol!

Not to be a meanie, but I am VERY excited for this mod as my Pro is due in this week! Thanks for all the work on the mod, fellas, as it looks to be beyond outstanding!

#304 7 years ago

Please put me down on the "list" also. Thanks for your work on this!

#305 7 years ago

Amazing work guys. I dont know what else to write...cant believe my eyes...awesomely incredible. Please please please add me to the list.

#306 7 years ago

Please add me to the list also. Great work!

#307 7 years ago

Amazing work! Truly.

#308 7 years ago

Fantastic! I knew this mod would rock! Now, when can i have mine??? ...hehe

#309 7 years ago

Put me down for one too...any Tron is naked without these.

#310 7 years ago

I'm in as well.

#311 7 years ago

Add me as well, so awesome!

#312 7 years ago

I keep seeing new posts thinking there is a new vid from one of the testers and it's another add me to the list post.

#313 7 years ago

This does look amazing, I have Kimballs Ramp lighting on mine, I actually Beta tested that kit for him and would actually consider changing it out for this, let me know when its done and what price your looking at for the kit

Chris

#314 7 years ago

If there's a list, please add me to it. This mod looks ridiculously awesome.

#315 7 years ago

This weekend we began testing the new board (version 3) and the great news - IT WORKS!

Right now we are trying out some different lamp/solenoid combinations. I have a video from Friday, but will wait to take another one since we have a new version of the software now that we are testing. Its very cool to be able to change the effects yourself just by hooking up a laptop to a USB cable, running the program and updating the board.

I'll tell you a few things Eli has added and this will change as we continue to test:

- during light cycle multiball, when you score a light cycle, both ramps alternate their yellow and blue ramp lights
- recognizer targets fire both ramps orange/red for a second when hit
- when the recognizer wall drops, the ramps start pulsing orange/red and when disc multiball starts, each disc collected flashes the ramps BLUE.
- bumpers flash the ramps a pink/white flash when hit
- attract mode has pulsing orange/red lamp lights
- end of game mode alternates the ramp lights with the flasher effects going from dark to light

Since we can use PWM with this board, you are not tied to the 7 colors that the original LE could produce. You can use a much larger palette of hundreds or thousands of colors.

Again, the code is a shell at this point with just the beginning of modes/effects now that we can test for any lamp and solenoid. Expect an update in a few days as Eli continues to add modes/effects based on gameplay.

#316 7 years ago

wow. can't wait to see the new video.

#317 7 years ago

That sounds incredible! I am really looking forward to this!

#318 7 years ago

Take my money damn it!

#319 7 years ago

ALL RIGHT! That's what I'm talking about!

Customization + polling for any insert? Holy crap!

#320 7 years ago

Awesome!

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

This weekend we began testing the new board (version 3) and the great news - IT WORKS!
Right now we are trying out some different lamp/solenoid combinations. I have a video from Friday, but will wait to take another one since we have a new version of the software now that we are testing. Its very cool to be able to change the effects yourself just by hooking up a laptop to a USB cable, running the program and updating the board.
I'll tell you a few things Eli has added and this will change as we continue to test:
- during light cycle multiball, when you score a light cycle, both ramps alternate their yellow and blue ramp lights- recognizer targets fire both ramps orange/red for a second when hit- when the recognizer wall drops, the ramps start pulsing orange/red and when disc multiball starts, each disc collected flashes the ramps BLUE.- bumpers flash the ramps a pink/white flash when hit- attract mode has pulsing orange/red lamp lights- end of game mode alternates the ramp lights with the flasher effects going from dark to light
Since we can use PWM with this board, you are not tied to the 7 colors that the original LE could produce. You can use a much larger palette of hundreds or thousands of colors.
Again, the code is a shell at this point with just the beginning of modes/effects now that we can test for any lamp and solenoid. Expect an update in a few days as Eli continues to add modes/effects based on gameplay.

Excellent news. I look forward to the new vids and eventually, the kit.

#322 7 years ago

As mentioned it's too early to pay attention to the specifics of any particular effect, since they are just things I'd already done that were convenient for testing, the important bit is that the polling is working and it now knows the state of the outputs to the driver board. Remember that we still don't know anything about the switches, only the lamps, flashers, and solenoids - but that's still quite a bit.

Now comes the complicated programming bit where I (with help) try to turn that information into something useful. As an example let's say we want to do a little show when you complete Quorra on the progress tree. That seems easy - it has a dedicated light so we just do the show when that light turns on, right? But we only want to do it once even though the lamp stays lit, so that means we need to have some state information about what the lamp was doing earlier. And the progress tree lamps flash if they are partially completed which means it needs to be able to distinguish between being on temporarily due to a flash and being on solidly for completion. Those lamps also get used for various lamp shows - we don't want to trigger the Quorra display if the lamp flashed because they completed some other mode, how do we test for that? We know they should be actively playing, so maybe we only trigger shows if a flipper has been active in the last second. How many ways can the mode be completed, can we test for those as well? Was the arcade kickout recently triggered? How about the auto launcher? It needs to be in multiball for this mode. Is there a specific lamp from the jackpot shot that we can test in combination with the Quorra mode lamp?

So getting the bus read working was a huge step forward, and I'm sure the video will make it seem like it's practically done, but there's still a lot left to figure out.

As always thanks for the support, it makes it a lot less tiresome to work on when people are excited.

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

As always thanks for the support, it makes it a lot less tiresome to work on when people are excited.

You have a large part of the community very excited about this mod myself included. Thanks for all your efforts!!!!

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

You have a large part of the community very excited about this mod myself included. Thanks for all your efforts!!!!

+1!

#325 7 years ago

I am beta testing and I am very excited about the project.
The ramps look so cool.

#326 7 years ago

I'm definitely interested in a set as well...

#327 7 years ago

Assuming this is going to work with mode recognition, it would be great if they lights can cycle colors based on what modes you've stacked. So if running Quorra and Gem, for instance, the colors would alternate green and blue, with some adjustable timer, 1s default, or even make left/right colors different while cycling through. The LE only keeps track of the color of the highest mode in the ladder, which while it does correspond to the music, does not convey stacking.
Can't wait to see the video of what you've got so far. This will replace the arcade mod as "best mod ever."

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

it makes it a lot less tiresome to work on when people are excited

Excited!!??? I think you underestimate the "users" excitement a bit. You’re working on.....and im going to say it... THE BEST MOD IN PINBALL! I’m sure I speak for most but we are super excited to get this Mod in our pin. GREAT WORK

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

This will replace the arcade mod as "best mod ever."

Then he is beating out his own mod because without Eli's code running on the Arcade mod it would not be the mod it is today.

#330 7 years ago

I am ITCHING to get this bad boy. Software As-Is already sounds amazing and worth it.

#331 7 years ago

Glad to hear about the success of the new boards! Here's hoping you have time and patience to work on the other challenges that you mentioned above.

#332 7 years ago

Can't wait until this is ready. Sounds like the greatest mod ever conceived.

#333 7 years ago

Eli,

Videos would definitely help the development process by providing feedback and ideas. You might want to start a new thread that lists each mode and your lighting concept for each. Then whenever a mode is programmed it could be captured on video and posted to youtube. If someone has ideas for enhancing. They could list in your thread and then you decide whether to incorporate into the base program. You have done great work so far but people generally come up with some good ideas too if you are open to feedback.

I know this is going to be fantastical and you have generated a lot of enthusiasm for your mods. Agree that this will even surpass the arcade mod.

1 week later
#334 7 years ago

Whats the latest with this mod?

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Whats the latest with this mod?

The latest boards are being tested as we speak. There is a lot of programming that needs to be figured out, but it is looking very promising.
Frank and Eli are more technical and can probably elaborate.

#336 7 years ago

Right now we are working on the baseline timing of the modes. When does the mode start, what color/lighting effect happens during the mode, and what should happen when the mode stops.

Yesterday Eli changed the base code to get a better fading. It's quite easy to turn on the ramps and give them independent color, but turning them off requires different checks and we are finding that a more reserved lighting schema is more pleasing to the eye than tons of lighting. You can seriously light up a game very quickly and give yourself a headache

It gets complicated in a hurry when you have modes that stack. The color/duration that you have set for one mode must coincide with the other mode, etc.

Once we get the desired effect I'll shoot a video.

#337 7 years ago

We cant wait. Thanks a million for this mod and all your hard work on this guys. I cant tell you how bad I want this mod!!

#338 7 years ago

Please add me to the list -- can't wait to see it in action!!!

#339 7 years ago

add me to the list

#340 7 years ago

You know I was curious about this last night when I was testing. I think this is technically possible, but would you want the lighting color to turn off when a stacked mode is completed? For example if you have Quorra and GEM running you would have green and blue alternating. If you complete quorra by hitting the GEM shot, should QUORRA go out leaving the blue running alone?

I am also curious if anyone thinks it would be cool to have these objects trigger ramp lighting (they do not in the LE)

Arcade cab scoop - blacklight effect like the arcade game
Recognizer targets - perhaps flash RED
CLU rollovers - flash yellow
TRON targets - perhaps flash purple like the PF insert

Quoted from spidey:

Assuming this is going to work with mode recognition, it would be great if they lights can cycle colors based on what modes you've stacked. So if running Quorra and Gem, for instance, the colors would alternate green and blue, with some adjustable timer, 1s default, or even make left/right colors different while cycling through. The LE only keeps track of the color of the highest mode in the ladder, which while it does correspond to the music, does not convey stacking.Can't wait to see the video of what you've got so far. This will replace the arcade mod as "best mod ever."

#341 7 years ago

Sweeeeeet, good to hear this can be done!
Great point about the mode completion. Only thing is, once you complete all the modes, what do you do? Plus, most modes continue, CLU does not, so CLU expires for sure. Maybe just a cool light show for completed modes that continue.

As for the other trigger effects, yes! They all sound good to me!
Thanks!

#342 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I am also curious if anyone thinks it would be cool to have these objects trigger ramp lighting (they do not in the LE)

Not to be too succinct, but yes I think that it would be an oustanding feature to have.

To you all, thank you for such amazing work! This mod is a big part of why I elected to get a TRON Pro pin (the LE was never a realistic option for me).

#343 7 years ago

It would be nice if you could also flash for Gem (maybe aqua/light blue?) and Zen (maybe white? Would transition nicely to yellow from the CLU targets).

Really looking forward to a video of this in action. Sounds amazing.

#344 7 years ago

List me!

#345 7 years ago

I am speechless!

holy_shit.jpg

#346 7 years ago

I'm in! November run of TRON with this attached when it comes out? Ooh I'm so excited

#347 7 years ago

Im still on board! ( I hope my 5 months old post "add me to the list" i still valid

)

#348 7 years ago

This mod looks incredible and is the main reason I jumped on a 2D Tron offer, should be arriving in the next few weeks. Put me down for one kit as soon as they're ready!

#349 7 years ago

Ditto, I got a 2d Tron partially based on this mod. Should be here shortly

#350 7 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

This mod looks incredible and is the main reason I jumped on a 2D Tron offer, should be arriving in the next few weeks. Put me down for one kit as soon as they're ready!

+1 from another current Tamponian...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Bolton, CT
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside