Topic Stats

• 1,706 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SuperPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-218.jpg
image-922.jpg
image.jpg
IMAG2871.jpg
20131215_194307.jpg
image.jpg
147517.gif
i-bZQNnNw-XL.jpg
IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 35.
#1601 6 years ago

Not lighting at all. I did use the proper IDC pusher but it makes sense Herg that this would be the culprit. Thanks, I will go check my work and hopefully find my error. The lighting was so sweet, I really want them back.

#1602 6 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Had this happen to me as well (3 times). Everything worked fine and then out of nowhere the ramps stopped working.

Hmmm... The code on mine is still the beta code without the USB storage loader, so maybe there is an issue with that. If so, that would explain why I've never seen it.

#1603 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Hmmm... The code on mine is still the beta code without the USB storage loader, so maybe there is an issue with that. If so, that would explain why I've never seen it

Well it sure was weird when it first happened to me. I swore that it must be a connection somewhere, so I checked and rechecked everything about 5 times over. I ended up sending my board back to Pinbits and Martin said the code was corrupted on it (and he was awesome to deal with I might add, helped me out right away). They had sent me a new board and all worked great, until it happened again a couple of days after I put the new board in. Once again the code was corrupt, and I did as I mentioned above and that fixed it. It's happened one other time this past month, simply reloaded up the code and all was good again. An odd thing, but luckily it's an easy fix if it happens.

#1604 6 years ago

So has anyone been checking their boards to see what they are shipping with? I didn't even check my code revision when installing.

#1605 6 years ago

Im not sure how I missed your post Buckman but I am going to give it a try tomorrow. time to crash. thx

#1606 6 years ago

Woo-hoo. Back in action. I was able to download the new file and all is well again. Big smile.

#1607 6 years ago

This mod looks the goods....cant wait to get the all go to order.

It will be a great light show

#1608 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Woo-hoo. Back in action. I was able to download the new file and all is well again. Big smile.

Good to hear you're back in business. Sounds like whatever happened on your machine was the same thing that happened on my machine.

#1609 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

You guys are reporting when this happens, right? It could help Eli and Martin track down the issue.

#1610 6 years ago

I have not. I have been playing it non-stop since my last post. I simply came up for air and a fresh drink. Is there a contact method other than using Pinside's mail?

#1611 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

You guys are reporting when this happens, right? It could help Eli and Martin track down the issue.

You bet. I emailed all of the details I could to Eli and Martin in hopes that they could figure out what the issue might be and to figure out a solution. As I mentioned, both of them helped me out right away, top notch service!

#1612 6 years ago

I got my email from Eli yesterday with the link and ordered my kit....hope it gets here before Christmas....will give me something to do on the holidays

#1613 6 years ago

Damn. Just checked my spam folder and looks like that's where my e-mail ended up in! It was sent to me over a month ago. Will the link still work? Sorry probably should have figured to check there earlier.

#1614 6 years ago
Quoted from Eors:

I got my email from Eli yesterday with the link and ordered my kit....hope it gets here before Christmas....will give me something to do on the holidays

Alright, we're in the hundreds now (Eors was #101 on the list compiled by tekhmaster). Only 76 more until my name pops up! Will I get it by end-of-year? only time will tell.

#1615 6 years ago

Mateui, and anyone else I requested email contact for more than a week or two ago but never heard anything - check your SPAM folders, I should have contacted you. If something got lost my email is eli@nuprometheus.com

#1616 6 years ago

Three people have now reported that it stopped working suddenly after a successful installation but was fixed by updating the code. I'm going to assume it's a bug in the original code and not spend a lot of time hunting it down unless it keeps happening after the update. I think all the new kits are shipping with the updated code at this point.

#1617 6 years ago

Anyone that's still running the 1.0 code will eventually get annoyed with the reversed blue/yellow ramp colors during Lightcycle mode, and should upgrade..

1.1 has been solid so far.

-G

#1618 6 years ago

I'm still anxiously awaiting my turn. Every day I check the site too hoping to get in on one that way. Seeing all the people post here that they got theirs makes me so envious. Hopefully my turn comes up by Xmas so i can install it over the holiday and buy it as a gift to myself.

#1619 6 years ago

In stock on Pinbits site. Go go go! Finally got my order in. I think I was getting close on the list anyway, but I'm psyched that I'll have it in time for the holiday's.

#1620 6 years ago

Boo yah! Got one! Thanks Flash.

#1621 6 years ago

Got one as well! Woo Hoo!

#1622 6 years ago

Got one too! Can't wait to get it.

#1623 6 years ago

I just ordered mine!
Pow! Pow!

#1624 6 years ago

Got mine as well!

#1625 6 years ago

Oh yeah!

#1626 6 years ago

Yes! Still in stock at Pinbits. Thanks for the heads up Flash.

#1627 6 years ago

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=566

I've been obsessively refreshing this link. Became available again sometime tonight!

#1628 6 years ago

Got it, im in ..

#1629 6 years ago

Holy crap finally...thanks flash.

#1630 6 years ago

I can't believe I missed these again! Drats!

#1631 6 years ago

Yeah... ordered mine too. Woot!

#1632 6 years ago

I ordered one on Saturday too. It shipped today. I can't wait to install it!

#1633 6 years ago

Just about have everything done, decided to go a different route than drilling the ramps and using zip ties. Someone else I know did their EL wire with 3M industrial strength clear double sided tape, and it's been holding up just fine for the past 6 months. So I'm just waiting for UPS to deliver it tonight and I'll give it a try.

#1634 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Just about have everything done, decided to go a different route than drilling the ramps and using zip ties. Someone else I know did their EL wire with 3M industrial strength clear double sided tape, and it's been holding up just fine for the past 6 months. So I'm just waiting for UPS to deliver it tonight and I'll give it a try.

I think the EL wire is significantly more flexible. I believe the fiber optic cord will pull away from tape due to it's stiffness.

Could be wrong.

#1635 6 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I think the EL wire is significantly more flexible. I believe the fiber optic cord will pull away from tape due to it's stiffness.
Could be wrong.

I'll see. I hope it will work, looks a lot cleaner. It's super high strength, so I think it will work. Maybe just have to drill a few spots.

#1636 6 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Could be wrong.

I have to agree, zip ties seem a must on mine.

Quoted from flashburn:

I'll see. I hope it will work, looks a lot cleaner. It's super high strength, so I think it will work. Maybe just have to drill a few spots.

Good luck, let us know how it works.

#1637 6 years ago

Got mine today, along with the dress up plastic protector kit from pinbits, installation has begun..

#1638 6 years ago

Installed mine tonight. Took me about 4 hours. Incredible mod. A big thank you to Eli and the folks at Pinbits. Well worth the wait.

image.jpg
#1639 6 years ago

I stayed up super late last night installing mine. It was worth how tired I am right now. This this is a work of art! I love my Tron game about 1000x more than I already did before getting this.

#1640 6 years ago

Are you guys just eyeballing the drill holes? Looking at a few pics, it's hard to tell. Strategies and tips would be appreciated. Got my kit yesterday, but haven't tackled it yet.

#1641 6 years ago

In my case the previous owner of my game had installed fiber optic lights on the ramps (non-color changing or controlled but they looked cool but not bright enough), so the holes were already pre-drilled for me since he did it for those lights. I did end up having to add one. I think you can just eyeball it, just make sure to take your time and go slowly so you get it right.

#1642 6 years ago

If anybody wants to see a comparison between Eli's kit on a Pro and the stock LE ramps, here are a couple pictures of each:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-which-of-these-two-machines-would-you-choose-pro-or-le

#1643 6 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Are you guys just eyeballing the drill holes? Looking at a few pics, it's hard to tell. Strategies and tips would be appreciated. Got my kit yesterday, but haven't tackled it yet.

I put up a thread about a month ago giving some step by step instructions. You'll see videos walking you through it and also a fly by of both ramps showing where I drilled the ramps. Hope it helps:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-step-by-step-video-how-to-install-elis-ramp-mod

#1644 6 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I put up a thread about a month ago giving some step by step instructions. You'll see videos walking you through it and also a fly by of both ramps showing where I drilled the ramps. Hope it helps:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-step-by-step-video-how-to-install-elis-ramp-mod

Thanks, Buckman. I will check it out.

#1645 6 years ago

As an update to using that high strength 3M double sided tape, it was a failure unfortunately. You could maybe use it in combination with zip ties, but I wasn't liking the look of it either. It's too thick, so it's really noticeable. I was able to drill the ramps and zip tie up the fiber tonight. I didn't spend a ton of time trying to figure out exact lengths, I basically just did every 4 inches or so, and it looks like it should turn out pretty good. I may of been able to do a little bit better job, but nothing noticeable in the end. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to finish it off. Looking forward to seeing the final results.

#1646 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

As an update to using that high strength 3M double sided tape, it was a failure unfortunately. You could maybe use it in combination with zip ties, but I wasn't liking the look of it either. It's too thick, so it's really noticeable. I was able to drill the ramps and zip tie up the fiber tonight. I didn't spend a ton of time trying to figure out exact lengths, I basically just did every 4 inches or so, and it looks like it should turn out pretty good. I may of been able to do a little bit better job, but nothing noticeable in the end. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to finish it off. Looking forward to seeing the final results.

Thanks for reporting back. Yeah I thought it would give you trouble. Good luck with the final few steps!

#1647 6 years ago

Just put a few games on it after installing the mod. Wow. Absolutely speechless. It's just perfectly integrated and makes an already amazing game even better. Bravo to Eli and everyone else involved in making this mod possible. To think, there might be even more cool stuff coming with integrating the cycles and arcade mods. This is one mod that I can say is EASILY worth the cost.

#1648 6 years ago

They are back in stock at Pinbits!

Ordered mine today. So pumped!

#1649 6 years ago

Back in stock right now.Just ordered mine as well can't wait.

#1650 6 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. Got my order in, just now. Can't wait for it to arrive at the other side of the world. If I am really lucky I will have it right about Christmas time. Now that would be something

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Jose, CA
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside