IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 35.
#1551 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

That's it! Put the second board in and splice some fibre from it and have both boards connected with some sort of optical isolating switch so you can choose which source you want to run with. As long as there is room under the playfield to have both sets of drivers installed.

Youre kidding right? If not this wouldnt work at all. You either connect the fiber tubes to the existing stern light engine or the new eli light engine, not both.

#1552 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

LOL, I am on the above list, but I never said I wanted one and never owned a TRON.

Well I added names of people that said they were in, +1 people that said they were in, or in some cases implied they were in. I also could have made a mistake.
It was a rough list after all.

For those that haven't gotten one yet, hang in there. It's well worth the wait.

#1553 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I had a chance to see the mod last week. It is bright, beautiful and a must have!
This may be the best pinball mod ever.

You were probably looking at this quote, but below that one I also posted that I don't own a TRON.
Don't sweat it, I know it was just intended as a quick and dirty general list of people interested.

#1554 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You were probably looking at this quote, but below that one I also posted that I don't own a TRON.
Don't sweat it, I know it was just intended as a quick and dirty general list of people interested.

You're getting one whether you like it or not.

#1555 10 years ago

Looks like a few people who Pam contacted had their messages end up in their SPAM filters. If anyone else has already been directly contacted by me to get their email information but hasn't had a chance to buy a kit please let me know.

#1556 10 years ago

I didnt get pm, but ordered direct from Pinbits site.

I can be removed from the list - well worth the wait.
Thanks!

#1557 10 years ago

Mine arrived today. Debating whether or not to install it tomorrow. What's the time frame from start to finish for a novice to have this bad boy installed?

#1558 10 years ago

I remember reading some place about 4 hours or so.

#1559 10 years ago

Hahaha. No wonder I have deja vu. I think it was ME who asked.

#1560 10 years ago

Damn! I've just seen that topic now :-/
No more stock @ Pinbits An other way to catch this kit?
Thanks.

#1561 10 years ago
Quoted from DarthNuno:

Damn! I've just seen that topic now :-/
No more stock @ Pinbits An other way to catch this kit?
Thanks.

They are refilling stock as fast as possible. Keep checking back. There are a few parts proving troublesome to get in bulk/quickly.

#1562 10 years ago

(reposted from instructions thread) Oh ya, you can take me off the list also...
Of course I think we all would love ramp light kits without zip ties. Some have used tape, but I think zip ties are the better way to go. But... you don't have to use that many. I think I've seen some instructions that use 30/side or 60 total. After careful planning and trial on the ramps I was bale to get the ramp kit installed NICELY with only 14 ties/side, or total of 28. I messed one up on the right ramp near where it exits on the left, should have been a little further down, and I also could have added one on the left ramp on the outside of the second bend (opposite the blue flasher, zip tie #6) but that would still net me 28 total. I think pretty good. Here's my vid (be sure to go HD)

#1563 10 years ago

I just got my email from eli and placed my order yesterday. I was #85 on the list that posted here a few days ago. I only requested to be put on the list as a posting on the thread, I never pm'ed about it. I posted last December. Those who are still waiting, keep the faith, it will show up.

#1564 10 years ago

I just got my mod installed last night and have to say this is the best pinball mod ever... Thanks Eli !!

#1565 10 years ago

Mine is supposed to be delivered today. Eli was able to get me a link from Pam as her original email must have gone into my SPAM folder. Anyway I posted to the thread in November last year (page 8).

Looking forward to installing it this weekend!

Thanks Eli.

#1566 10 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

They are refilling stock as fast as possible. Keep checking back. There are a few parts proving troublesome to get in bulk/quickly.

Thanks, I'll check on a daily basis

#1567 10 years ago

My 10 year old son had to do a Glog for school and one of the things he had to do was a video. Shot a 4 minute video of him playing our Tron Pro (you'll see most of the modes started):

I've had Eli's kit installed for a few weeks now and it's awesome! Definitely worth the wait and the money!

#1568 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

My 10 year old son had to do a Glog for school and one of the things he had to do was a video. Shot a 4 minute video of him playing our Tron Pro (you'll see most of the modes started):
» YouTube video
I've had Eli's kit installed for a few weeks now and it's awesome! Definitely worth the wait and the money!

Buckman, if you tighten the long bolt at the top of your shaker motor, you wont get that loud, annoying rattle. I had the same problem. Mod looks sweet though, hopefully I'll get one before Christmas.

#1569 10 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Buckman, if you tighten the long bolt at the top of your shaker motor, you wont get that loud, annoying rattle.

Thanks for the tip! We had a big party on the weekend and the machines were running all night long. While watching that video I thought to myself that something doesn't sound right with that shaker. Did as you mentioned and it's all good again. Thanks! Also found that one of the pop bumpers was stuck, so fixed that while I was at it.

#1570 10 years ago

got my kit like a week or so ago, got it installed and looking great, probably the first fiber kit on location too

you can check it out at Arcade Odyssey in Miami

http://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/arcade-odyssey-2644-miami-fl-united-states

pics soon!

thanks again for the great kit!

#1571 10 years ago

Just finished up my install. Wow, this game just moved to the next level.

Big props to Eli.

#1572 10 years ago

Just landed from the moon. I want to buy a Tron Eli's kit. Where do I sign ?

#1573 10 years ago

Ok, stupid question maybe but I really dont want to do something MORE stupid. For the zip ties, the majority of the spots I see you can clearly drill at the top/edge of the ramp and wrap the zip tie around the edge of the plastic and hold the tubes.

But... what about the thicker areas such end of the right ramp where the ball drops? On the right side, no one seems to have a zip tie wrap around the edge as the plastic is like a 1/4" wide on top here - so do you drill a second hole in the side of the ramp?

For example:
i-bZQNnNw-XL.jpgi-bZQNnNw-XL.jpg

#1574 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

- so do you drill a second hole in the side of the ramp?

That is what I did

#1575 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Ok, stupid question maybe but I really dont want to do something MORE stupid. For the zip ties, the majority of the spots I see you can clearly drill at the top/edge of the ramp and wrap the zip tie around the edge of the plastic and hold the tubes.

But... what about the thicker areas such end of the right ramp where the ball drops? On the right side, no one seems to have a zip tie wrap around the edge as the plastic is like a 1/4" wide on top here - so do you drill a second hole in the side of the ramp?

Two holes are what you need to do, works great. In the thread I put together just check out one of the pictures where I'm pointing (initial post), in a place like that you'll need two holes:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-step-by-step-video-how-to-install-elis-ramp-mod

#1576 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

That is what I did

Quoted from Buckman:

Two holes are what you need to do, works great. In the thread I put together just check out one of the pictures where I'm pointing (initial post), in a place like that you'll need two holes:

Got it! Thanks guys. Pretty obvious but with clear ramps its hard to see and I wanted to be sure..

#1577 10 years ago

My 2 cents... DON'T over tighten your zip ties like I did. You will get hot spots and it won't look as good.

I follow directions to a degree, but have a bad habit of going my own route and learning the hard way. Everything else went fine and overall I think it looks awesome, but I want it perfect. At this point can I buy new fiber optic cable and retie my zip ties. Is this a standard size fiber optic cable? If so what should I order. Thanks

I tried cutting zips, but I think once it has some damage it will always have hot spots.

#1578 10 years ago

This is so worth the wait

147517.gif147517.gif
#1579 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

My 2 cents... DON'T over tighten your zip ties like I did. You will get hot spots and it won't look as good.
I follow directions to a degree, but have a bad habit of going my own route and learning the hard way. Everything else went fine and overall I think it looks awesome, but I want it perfect. At this point can I buy new fiber optic cable and retie my zip ties. Is this a standard size fiber optic cable? If so what should I order. Thanks
I tried cutting zips, but I think once it has some damage it will always have hot spots.

ya I ran into this issue, it isn't that bad but I am also wondering where I can get replacement fiber?

other issue I ran into is the manuals definition of left and right ramp are different from the gameplay definitions of left and right ramp!

#1580 10 years ago

I want one of these kits so bad! It's my only reason for getting out of bed each day - hoping that today is my day.

#1581 10 years ago

Installed mine saturday.

This thing KICKS A$$!!

Thanks Eli - Much respect.

One comment / suggestion

In future "code updates" would it be possible to have the ramps light up when the ball enters the ramp?

There is a "gate" on each ramp so the code should be able to read that event, no?

Nothing drastic, maybe just that cool "Tron" blue color when you enter a ramp?

Thoughts?

Rob

#1582 10 years ago

I just finished up installing this over the weekend and WOW. The game has changed my friends. Thanks Eli and Pam and anyone else involved in this project. It was worth the wait and has elevated Tron into the stratosphere for me.
I followed Dito's strategy and was able to get by using only 29 or 30 ties. Thank you for posting that tidbit.

#1583 10 years ago

I want this mod now!

#1584 10 years ago

The code is very much mode based. Anything that starts a mode or is in a mode causes some logical color to display. We've tried to take the basics of the LE and expand on it and fill in the gameplay gaps with something interesting and pleasing.

As long as a solenoid or lamp causes an event, you can modify the code to give some series of colors or pulses. Switches on the other hand are not read by this technology, so you wouldn't be able to "trigger" a rampcolor based on entering or exiting a switch unless it caused a lamp, flasher/solenoid to fire.

Quoted from oktobernv:

Installed mine saturday.
This thing KICKS A$$!!
Thanks Eli - Much respect.
One comment / suggestion
In future "code updates" would it be possible to have the ramps light up when the ball enters the ramp?
There is a "gate" on each ramp so the code should be able to read that event, no?
Nothing drastic, maybe just that cool "Tron" blue color when you enter a ramp?
Thoughts?
Rob

#1585 10 years ago

Hmmmm....

Makes sense

Lots of smart folks around here.

Maybe someone can think of a workaround.

Would be sweet to see the ramps light up each time you entered them.

Thanks,

Rob

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The code is very much mode based. Anything that starts a mode or is in a mode causes some logical color to display. We've tried to take the basics of the LE and expand on it and fill in the gameplay gaps with something interesting and pleasing.
As long as a solenoid or lamp causes an event, you can modify the code to give some series of colors or pulses. Switches on the other hand are not read by this technology, so you wouldn't be able to "trigger" a rampcolor based on entering or exiting a switch unless it caused a lamp, flasher/solenoid to fire.

#1586 10 years ago

I noticed there is an arcade and a cycle port on the one board. Is this going to be integrated into the code at some point?

#1587 10 years ago
Quoted from oktobernv:

Would be sweet to see the ramps light up each time you entered them.

Yes it would. Another option is to have the switches trigger the lightcycles when the ball passes by.

#1588 10 years ago

Now that everyone has these, you'll need to mod yours if you have it. That's because, it is just like everyone else's. Nothing could be more un-special than being the same as everyone else or having a stock version of an item.

#1589 10 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Yes it would. Another option is to have the switches trigger the lightcycles when the ball passes by.

Sorry, there is no way the sense the switches.

#1590 10 years ago

The ramp lighting board can't see switches because it monitors the bus between the CPU board and power driver. The information about switches is not on that bus.

You can, however, use something like a PIG2 to monitor switches and control the cycles. That's how my machine is set up.

#1591 10 years ago

Herg explained what I was thinking but failed to put into words. Thank you Herg.

#1592 10 years ago

Figured I would post my video if anyone was interested. Other than my lame narration, it might somewhat show the hotspots I speak of on my fiber optics from over tightening zip ties.

This mod is totally badass and worth the install time and cost. Another big thanks to Eli, Pinbits and anyone else involved in the creation of this awesome modification.

Tron was so immersive to begin with, but this really takes it up a few more notches.

Edit : new video, less talk.

#1593 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Figured I would post my video if anyone was interested. Other than my lame narration, it might somewhat show the hotspots I speak of on my fiber optics from over tightening zip ties.
This mod is totally badass and worth the install time and cost. Another big thanks to Eli, Pinbits and anyone else involved in the creation of this awesome modification.
Tron was so immersive to begin with, but this really takes it up a few more notches.
» YouTube video

I love how you keep talking through the gameplay even though we can't hear you

#1594 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I love how you keep talking through the gameplay even though we can't hear you

I warned you it was lame, lol.

#1595 10 years ago

I saw a light bulb fall out around 2:40 haha, it shot over by the left sling...

#1596 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I saw a light bulb fall out around 2:40 haha, it shot over by the left sling...

I saw it too, was hoping no one else did, lol. Damn HD video.

#1597 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I saw it too, was hoping no one else did, lol. Damn HD video.

Tron doesn't use 555's for the GI does it?

#1598 10 years ago

Uh-oh. Mine stopped working. It played great for two sessions but they are not coming on this time. I was super careful during this install and have checked and reseated the connections but still no luck. I have not upgraded the code yet but that should not be the cause of this, I would not think. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Thanks

#1599 10 years ago

If neither one of them is lighting at all, even during attract mode, it's almost certainly the power connection. Make sure those wires are pressed in there good.

#1600 10 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Uh-oh. Mine stopped working. It played great for two sessions but they are not coming on this time. I was super careful during this install and have checked and reseated the connections but still no luck. I have not upgraded the code yet but that should not be the cause of this, I would not think. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Thanks

Had this happen to me as well (3 times). Everything worked fine and then out of nowhere the ramps stopped working. In my case the code was corrupt on the board and all I had to do was put a new copy of the code onto the board and all worked out just fine and I was back in business. Just download the code from the Pinbits site, plug your board into the computer with a USB cable, and reload the code onto it.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=566&zenid=hudeul492knl3pa12lqjitn717

You can check to make sure the board is functioning properly: when you turn the machine on you should see a purple looking light on that board that is always on. If you have the same problem I had you won't see a light on that board when your machine is turned on. Reload the code and chances are you'll see that light on the board and everything should work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.