IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 35.
#1451 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

It's better to drill from the topside, what you'll find is that you'll most likely have a bit of a rough feeling once you drill the hole through (this would be on the bottom side of the ramp if you are drilling from the top). When the drill bit goes though it'll leave a bit of plastic on the hole that you just drilled through and what I would do is simply cut it off with a pair of small wire cutters.
You don't really want that on the top side, so I found it's easier to drill from the top. The pilot hole works out well when you drill from the bottom because you can get nice and close to the inside channel of the ramp, so that way all of your holes are nice and uniform all along the ramp. Using a small drill bit for a pilot hole also works out well because you'll find the larger drill bit will move around a little bit when you first start to drill it.
As for the drill bit size, just refer back to my thread with the video and you'll see I posted up a picture with an easy way to figure out what size drill bit will work work best.

Thanks! I got it now.

#1452 10 years ago

Hello!

Thank you for the installation videos! Thay are most appreciated!

I did have one question, though. What holes do the firber optic wires pass through into go from the ramps to the under side of the playfield? I would assume that no holes need to be drilled into the play field ittself, yes?

#1453 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

It's better to drill from the topside, what you'll find is that you'll most likely have a bit of a rough feeling once you drill the hole through (this would be on the bottom side of the ramp if you are drilling from the top). When the drill bit goes though it'll leave a bit of plastic on the hole that you just drilled through and what I would do is simply cut it off with a pair of small wire cutters.

This is what made my install so long, I cleaned up every hole with a razor blade to make them smooth on both sides.

For pilot holes just use a soldering iron to make a small divot.

#1454 10 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

I would assume that no holes need to be drilled into the play field ittself, yes?

The LE and Pro use the same playfield, you'll find the holes for the light wire easily enough when you get started.

#1455 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

This is what made my install so long, I cleaned up every hole with a razor blade to make them smooth on both sides.

I just drilled once from the bottom.. some places require 2 holes to be drilled. Then cleaned it up on both sides with an exacto blade. Took longer, but didn't need 2 drill bits, and looks nice.

#1456 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

The LE and Pro use the same playfield, you'll find the holes for the light wire easily enough when you get started.

Ta! I appreciate it!

I know I have said it a lot, but once again this has been an all-around amazing project and to all involved my hat is off to you!

#1457 10 years ago

I just got a Tron yesterday. Where can I get on the list to buy one of these kits?

#1458 10 years ago
Quoted from drjeff112:

I am in for the final version when its available. I have EL wire for now to keep me happy, but I want this LED kit when its available! Add me to the list PM sent !!

Wow I thought I was in on this much earlier, I had to scroll through 16 pages of this tread to find my post from 6 months ago. Eli and Pinbits if you are listening! I am still in. My Tron is eagerly awaiting this mod

#1459 10 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

What holes do the firber optic wires pass through into go from the ramps to the under side of the playfield? I would assume that no holes need to be drilled into the play field ittself, yes?

The holes in the PF can easily be seen on each side of each ramp.

#1460 10 years ago

Questions and Comments:

Questions:
1. As I mentioned before, there are extra connections on the modules.. I asked about Cycles.. but I want to expand this question..
Here are the "extra" connections I see:
- Arcade - 3 pin
- Cycles - 4 pin
- Sol - 3 pin

The first 2 are more than obvious.. but what is "Sol" ?

Does anyone have a diagram what pins do what? I know you said (Pampinbits) that there is power on the Cycles.. and I assume the same for Arcade.. which will really help clean up the extra added mods here and there.

2. Cfg button on 1 of the modules and the same type of button on the interface board..?? What are these for?

Comments/feedback.
The ONLY gripe that I have about this mod was the lack of instructions.. but thanks to Buckman for making videos.. made it super-clear. Thanks again Buckman.

I do not know how this Mod keeps getting better.. and I haven't even powered it on yet!!

Thanks again to Eli and to Pampinbits for making this happen!!!

#1461 10 years ago

ARCADE and SOL have 5v on the pin closest to the LEDs, then a controlled pin, then GND.

CYCLES has 5v (through a limiting resistor for 3.3v LEDs) on the outside pins and the 2 inner pins are controlled.

None of the controlled outputs are active in the current software.

#1462 10 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

The ONLY gripe that I have about this mod was the lack of instructions.. but thanks to Buckman for making videos.. made it super-clear. Thanks again Buckman.

No problem! Just thought it would be helpful to have some video instructions as to how to install the coolest mod ever designed onto our machines.

#1463 10 years ago

any chance we will see these by xmas? if you are just getting the people that posted in 2012 out I can't imagine how long I'm going to have to wait eek!

kits are looking great... told a couple people about it at the arcade and everyone is eagerly awaiting (my tron is on location)

#1464 10 years ago

I cannot wait! I saw one installed on a machine in Chicago last weekend and now it's even harder to be patient. I'm on the email update list on Pinbits- but if Eli is checking these posts too - I'm definitely down for one asap!

#1465 10 years ago
Quoted from Analogkid:

I cannot wait! I saw one installed on a machine in Chicago last weekend and now it's even harder to be patient. I'm on the email update list on Pinbits- but if Eli is checking these posts too - I'm definitely down for one asap!

I hope to get mine installed this weekend

#1466 10 years ago

If there is still a list being maintained please add me.

I don't know how anyone can keep up w/ all these threads let alone have time to create such an awesome mod. I need to use google alerts for pinside tron mods.

#1467 10 years ago

Got them installed today...

Just a quick 30 sec video testing them out before I attached everything...

1 week later
#1468 10 years ago

Any news on more kits shipping?

Been kinda quiet last few weeks

Fingers crossed

Rob

#1469 10 years ago

Rob

I wanted to post the same thing 5 minutes ago

Dirk

#1470 10 years ago

I heard there was an earthquake at an optical fiber manufacturing plant in Cleveland.

#1471 10 years ago

Guys I got mine today! And to give people some sort of timeline, I bought my Tron almost exactly a year ago this month, and would have put my request in to Eli around that time.

#1472 10 years ago

That is some waiting list. Probably put my name in 6-8 mths ago. Going to be a long wait.

#1473 10 years ago

Still waiting to get the call/email

#1474 10 years ago

I wonder how many kits are shipping per week?

#1475 10 years ago

Well to be fair I don't think they correspond with when the requests were made. For example we have no idea how many requests were made between 1 year ago and 6-8 months ago. I was just trying to put a bit of perspective on it since we don't truly know how many are on the list and where they are on that list.

#1476 10 years ago

same here...I probably came on board half way through the thread. Just don't sell out before you get to us Eli!

#1477 10 years ago

Here's a not all that informative update, just to show I'm still here...

Last time I talked to Martin he was ordering another 150 board sets, but he also said he was going to be out of town for a stretch right around now. I know he tests every board, so that may mean there's a lull, I'm not sure. From what I understand harnesses are STILL the critical path, but that is slowly improving.

#1478 10 years ago

Any chance you can post the list, so we can see where we are at currently on the wait list?

#1479 10 years ago

Mine just shipped yesterday. I PM'ed in November of last year.

#1480 10 years ago

I emailed a couple of weeks ago to be put on the list. No response though, is that normal? I imagine I have a long wait ahead of me before my turn comes up.

#1481 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I emailed a couple of weeks ago to be put on the list. No response though, is that normal? I imagine I have a long wait ahead of me before my turn comes up.

No response is normal. He's got your info. I responded last year in November and just paid on Sunday. It was shipped on Monday 2 day priority. It shows my kit is in Puerto Rico right now, wtf? So much for 2 days USPS, failed!

#1482 10 years ago

My only complaint has been why so hush-hush over where people are in line?

#1483 10 years ago

Really enjoying my kit still. Hands down the best mod Iv ever had.

#1484 10 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

My only complaint has been why so hush-hush over where people are in line?

Would be a lot of work to keep updating everyone where they are in line. Don't think it is deliberate information hiding, my guess is they are just busy assembling and shipping kits which is where the time should be spent imo.

The fact that Eli and Pinbits are doing their best to make sure that people who got in line on this thread and via PM are getting kits first is already awesome. They could've just opened it up as a free for all on the Pinbits site and still sold a ton of kits so I am just thankful for the efforts they have been making.

#1485 10 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Would be a lot of work to keep updating everyone where they are in line. Don't think it is deliberate information hiding, my guess is they are just busy assembling and shipping kits which is where the time should be spent imo.
The fact that Eli and Pinbits are doing their best to make sure that people who got in line on this thread and via PM are getting kits first is already awesome. They could've just opened it up as a free for all on the Pinbits site and still sold a ton of kits so I am just thankful for the efforts they have been making.

+1 to this

#1486 10 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

problem is how do you know if you are on the list or not? I didn't PM just posted in the thread so all I can do is hope I'm on the list

#1487 10 years ago

The "list" is just me going through the thread, my inbox and email when I need more names. That's part of the reason it isn't published - it's a pain in the ass to collect more than the 20 or so I need at any time. But it also means you don't have to worry about not being on it if you've posted. Quite honestly another factor is that neither I nor Pam needs the added headaches of people getting anxious because they know their name is coming "soon".

#1488 10 years ago

Wouldn't it be easier for yourself to collate together the list now, once? Instead of having to go through multiple sources multiple times to figure out where everyone is in line?

#1489 10 years ago

I'm on page 11 (11 months ago)

Just so you letting you know in case my number is coming up

Thanks

#1490 10 years ago

If your are patient it will come.....

Trust me it will be worth the wait.

#1491 10 years ago

Yep...thanks Eli, we're just stoked cause this is about the best mod in pinball history.

#1492 10 years ago

Wanted to publicly thank the Pinbits team and Eli. I had a little problem with one of my fibers, and Eli and Pinbits went above and beyond to solve my problems! I even damaged the other fiber in troubleshooting (which was my own fault), and they just sent me 2 new fibers for free!! That's what I call service you don't encounter very much these days.

PS: Did you guys notice there is a code update on the Pinbits site! It corrects the left/right ramp during LS multiball. Just installed it, works great.

Thank you Pinbits and Eli for this super mod!!!

#1493 10 years ago

I just got my kit. I was on the list on page 6 of this thread. Will install this weekend.

Thank you Eli!

#1494 10 years ago
Quoted from lyzanxia:

Wanted to publicly thank the Pinbits team and Eli. I had a little problem with one of my fibers, and Eli and Pinbits went above and beyond to solve my problems! I even damaged the other fiber in troubleshooting (which was my own fault), and they just sent me 2 new fibers for free!! That's what I call service you don't encounter very much these days.
PS: Did you guys notice there is a code update on the Pinbits site! It corrects the left/right ramp during LS multiball. Just installed it, works great.
Thank you Pinbits and Eli for this super mod!!!

They did the same for me but I didn't publicly post it because now the scammers will come out looking for a free extra set of fibers.

#1495 10 years ago

To all who have installed this kit.... How hard is it? And does the kit come with good instructions?

#1496 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

To all who have installed this kit.... How hard is it? And does the kit come with good instructions?

It does not come with instructions and the instructions on pinbits website aren't that good. However the instructions in this thread are amazing!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-step-by-step-video-how-to-install-elis-ramp-mod

#1498 10 years ago

....and their GONE! all sold out.

#1499 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

....and their GONE! all sold out.

whoa that was fast!

#1500 10 years ago

Probably they put one on the website by accident.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 26.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.