Topic Stats

• 1,706 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SuperPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-218.jpg
image-922.jpg
image.jpg
IMAG2871.jpg
20131215_194307.jpg
image.jpg
147517.gif
i-bZQNnNw-XL.jpg
IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 35.
#101 7 years ago

No doubt very exciting... wish someone would open up that code to make it sync

#102 7 years ago

Ecurtz this is looking good my friend very good!

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

No doubt very exciting... wish someone would open up that code to make it sync

Yeah, I'm not willing to do it, since it could be seen as harmful to Stern (dirty pool, old man) but it would be easy to support if the data was there. My offer still stands to write them a video mode in exchange for outputting the color data on the pro model if anyone knows Lyman...

Thanks for the support everyone, I should have a few of these ready to send off to testers this weekend.

#104 7 years ago

Badass man. Im liking the way this is turning out!

#105 7 years ago

What language is the code writen in?

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

A more basic question, how is the cable going to be fixed onto/into the ramps.......cable ties? Or is there a way to avoid cable ties?

Iv got a pro and I added Cliffy's ramp protectors last night. Someone in that thread suggested using a hot solder iron to make a tiny hole big enough to fit a zip tie and it worked awesomely. I made the who so tiny, and there was no danger of cracking. I used the hole in the metal ramp protector as a guide. Id probably try glue dots first, but if those start failing I'll go the solder iron holes next.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Yeah, I'm not willing to do it, since it could be seen as harmful to Stern (dirty pool, old man) but it would be easy to support if the data was there. My offer still stands to write them a video mode in exchange for outputting the color data on the pro model if anyone knows Lyman...

The plan is still to write some sort of setup to get some kind of sync still though?

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

What language is the code writen in?

C or C++, they might have some assembly in the libraries for fast combines of DMD layers or something, but my guess would be it's probably all C.

Quoted from DrStarkweather:

The plan is still to write some sort of setup to get some kind of sync still though?

Yeah, I'm going to do something - it's just not 100% certain what yet. I'll almost certainly release the basic kit first for people for people who are happy with that (or confident enough the upgrade will be sufficiently cool to buy early, it will be a separate board whatever happens.)

#109 7 years ago

I just got me a set of LE ramps to swap out so I'm super excited to try this out.
I guess I'll hold tight with EL wire for now.

#110 7 years ago

This looks great - I have held off on the EL wire as I am hoping this all works out and is the way to go!

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

This looks great - I have held off on the EL wire as I am hoping this all works out and is the way to go!

Same

#112 7 years ago

same same

#113 7 years ago

I cant wait to see how this turns out, put me down for a set definately...

#114 7 years ago

I used these for my EL wire they worked great.
UGlu Dashes Roll.
http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/uglu-dashes-roll-793380/
I will have to try them on these.

They look brighter now.

#115 7 years ago

Wow Eli, nice progress! I am lovin the glow of those LEDs.

#116 7 years ago

That looks like 7mm cable, if so that would look kind of large on the ramps. 4mm would be ideal.

If you ultimately decide on a single 25 foot piece of cable (I know you are initially thinking two separate), the color may drop off significantly. In that case you would want to loop the cable. This would require a wider adapter so as to accomodate two cable ends.

#117 7 years ago

Eli used 5mm tubing in his other tests, I can't imagine he would change them now. I am thinking its still 5mm

#118 7 years ago

Looks awesome!

#119 7 years ago

It's 5mm cable lit at both ends (not in those last shots which just have a tiny stub connected on one side) if you wanted to go to a single strand you'd need to move from 3W LEDs to 9W LEDs. You can get bigger Chinese drivers in the same footprint so I think it would work with the same carrier board and current design (the heat might be an issue, but as long as they aren't going all the time it would probably be ok.)

I don't think they are brighter in that shot, I think it's just that the cable is so short you're seeing the brightest part (in fact I deliberately shot those in the partially dimmed state so it wouldn't be overblown in the photo.)

#120 7 years ago

I really think the two different colors like you are doing is the way to go.
Once integrated into game play it could potentially be better than the original design.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

I really think the two different colors like you are doing is the way to go.
Once integrated into game play it could potentially be better than the original design.

I concur

#122 7 years ago

Got the prototype in the mail to a tester this morning, including the totally untested SAM bus interface prototype. Working on some more beta sets for additional testers, and hope to get them finished and shipped out this week.

MCB_Proto.jpg Factory.jpg

#123 7 years ago

Those look great! I'm really looking forward to seeing them in action. Count me in as a customer.

#124 7 years ago

So Im guessing each tron will require a pair of these devices?

#125 7 years ago

Yeah, two per machine. Only one has the microcontroller, but otherwise identical.

#126 7 years ago

Yes look great - cant wait to see these in action - count me in too....

#127 7 years ago

Yes they do look great. I have visions of cool colored ramps dancing in my head.
Twas the weeks before Tron ramp upgrade and all through the house not a pinhead was stirring not even a mouse…..
Ok I am excited about this project.

#128 7 years ago

OOOooOOOO Take my MONIIEEEEE....lol

I'm totally in for this. Cant wait!....

#129 7 years ago

Nice work, those are going to look great!

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

I'll almost certainly release the basic kit first for people for people who are happy with that (or confident enough the upgrade will be sufficiently cool to buy early, it will be a separate board whatever happens.)

Your excellent work on the arcade mod speaks volumes. The WIP I see here is top notch and has got me excited. You can certainly count me in for the basic kit as well any upgrade (now and/or later) to get the sync.

#131 7 years ago

Another very small update - assembled beta units. Sorry things are slow, building this set has convinced me to investigate the possibility of getting the aluminum (and maybe the ABS) plates machined rather than making them myself.

At this point the prototype is in the hands of a Pinsider who actually owns a TRON, so maybe he'll post some pictures once he gets it installed.

Beta_Units.jpg

#132 7 years ago

Looking great!

#133 7 years ago

Ok I have the fiber ramps installed. Here is the first look of the new ramps installed.
These are very cool. The EL wire is off the fiber is on to stay. I just drilled my pro ramps and installed the new fiber today.

IMG_0042.jpg IMG_0046.jpg IMG_0047.jpg IMG_0049.jpg IMG_0052.jpg

#134 7 years ago

ok, I thought the arcade toy with Eli's attract code running was the best TRON mod ever, I think this has it topped. Looks great! Independent ramp lighting looks very cool!

#135 7 years ago

Looking very nice. How about some video?

#136 7 years ago

Nice work Eli!
Can't wait.

#137 7 years ago

Utterly brilliant. So, when are they on sale? Itchy modding fingers going nuts here...

#138 7 years ago

Sign me up for one!!! Looks Great!!!

#139 7 years ago

wow - ready to buy

#140 7 years ago

The subject of this thread needs to change.

#141 7 years ago

Must have Tron Pro mods.

1. New fiber ramps (by Eli)
2. Tron Arcade Mod 2.1v (attract code by Eli)
3. TRON recognizer bank decal (Pinball_customs)
4. Flynn's Sign Mod (DK Pinball)
5. Hallmark Cycles (ebay)
6. ….

Eli has the top two mods and he does not even own a Tron.
Thanks Eli for your hard work from a Tron Pro owner.

#142 7 years ago

^^^ +1. The lit Hallmark Cycles are a very nice addition as well. Especially if you wire them to their corresponding inserts.

#143 7 years ago

I'm down for a set as well. I have the ELs to put on mine but I might wait or just go ahead and remove them when this mod is completed.

Looks great!

#144 7 years ago

Awesome Eli!

Thanks for the pics pinballlooking.

#145 7 years ago

Curious, what colors are displayed on the ramps and in what pattern on this first prototype? Is it selectable, or cycles through a pattern?

#146 7 years ago

+1 for the waiting to order

#147 7 years ago

Can you post a video showing the color changing?

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Can you post a video showing the color changing?

It is uploading I have a very slow upload here. Sorry I did not have time to rotate it but I figured you would want it today sideways then get it tomorrow rotated.

#149 7 years ago

Thanks for posting the pics Mark! I said I was going to mail him a software update this weekend, but instead I went to a birthday party and had BBQ goat and too much bourbon.

I need to build power cables so I can test the new ones and then I can try some new code and get a couple more out to testers. Should be able to do that tonight.

#150 7 years ago

You can rotate a video in the YouTube editor now. (Don’t forget the change it to HD when you watch)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=GVMzkbuUTvo

I did not capture all the color sequences. But I have to say it very nice playing with the color changing. I put on about 50 games on the new ramps and ended going to bed a 5am crazy. The controllers were warm but not hot and ramp kit performed very well no issues. just cool color changing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside