IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 35.
#1401 10 years ago

Does anyone have updated install pics?
Specifically, where the two light boards go -- I haven't found where those pics are on the Pinbits install website.

The more, the merrier. If there any tips and tricks, it'd be great (and appreciated!) if they were posted in the thread.

#1402 10 years ago
Quoted from Cyan:

Specifically, where the two light boards go

http://mrtn.smugmug.com/Other/2013-09-02/31616527_qnHF4P#!i=2739562746&k=xccJrq8&lb=1&s=X3

It's the "playfield" link in the Pinbits description.

BTW, you'll probably have to cut/paste the link since clicking it is taking me to the wrong place.

Post edited by herg : Link mangling

#1403 10 years ago

Oh, and looking at that picture, I'd recommend some heat shrink tubing over the exposed fiber to prevent light bleeding into your inserts.

#1404 10 years ago

The light blocks were pretty straight forward like in their picture linked above http://mrtn.smugmug.com/photos/i-xccJrq8/0/X3/i-xccJrq8-X3.jpg

The photo of the power plug that need to be pressed in also could use some big arrows pointing at where you connect them. Looking at the before and after picture reminded me of a bad game of Pick What's Different

I actually installed the black wire on the wrong open slot at first, as it turns out that slot is unused on the board. But it gave me a good scare when I thought it wasn't turning on because I had broken it.

I think I spent 20 minutes looking at it and searching the forums and web for hints. Here's my quick edit.

Post edited by Don1 : added pics

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG
#1405 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

How long have the guys who are getting there now been on the list?
I'm just trying to get a feel for how quick these are going out?

I posted way back on page 6 and it was one year ago. Received a PM from Eli letting me know they were available and if I was still interested in one. Replied back that I was and he then sent a link to order a kit.

Whole thing seems to be coming together quite nicely!

#1406 10 years ago

I got on the list 3 or 4 months ago or about on page 22 sounds like it will be a while still.

#1407 10 years ago

I PM'ed in November 2012, got an email from Eli asking if i was still interested. Said "hell yes". Haven't received my order link yet though.

#1408 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I posted way back on page 6 and it was one year ago. Received a PM from Eli letting me know they were available and if I was still interested in one. Replied back that I was and he then sent a link to order a kit.
Whole thing seems to be coming together quite nicely!

That means i'm close! 11 months ago

Installation saturday is coming!! Whoohoo

#1409 10 years ago

I also received the E-Mail from Eli and replied 'yes please' and have not yet received the link - but i'm one step closer!

#1410 10 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

I also received the E-Mail from Eli and replied 'yes please' and have not yet received the link - but i'm one step closer!

It took me 2 or 3 days to get the email with the link after I responded.

#1411 10 years ago

Mine was shipped almost two weeks ago now so I hope I get it soon. I checked with pinbits and the package was held up in LA post office for three days. Who runs the post office in LA, monkeys

#1412 10 years ago

I think at this point I've asked for email info from everyone who contacted me in 2012. There are about 25 who've responded but haven't yet gotten a chance to purchase because we're waiting on the next batch of kits.

#1413 10 years ago

Installation Question/Opinion:

Do the ramps need to be taken out if your already installed an EL wire kit ?
Since the ramps are already pre-drilled

Thank you

#1414 10 years ago

Mine just came in, are there supposed to be instructions?

#1415 10 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

Installation Question/Opinion:
Do the ramps need to be taken out if your already installed an EL wire kit ?
Since the ramps are already pre-drilled
Thank you

Yes.

The wire is of course different, but it I think it would just be easier to zip tie everything back in after you take out the EL wire when they are out of the game. You could be the first to try an inplace swap and report back though

#1416 10 years ago

I am happy to report that I just got mine also!! Happy Times.
Now, all I have to do is modify my lightcycles, wire them up, and start to dis-assemble.

Herbert, the instructions are posted on the site that you ordered the kit from. And then there are some updates to the instructions posted in this thread.

My question about the install is where to mount the "interface board"? unless I missed something.
Will have to go and re-read the instructions to see if that was addressed or not.

EXCITED!! THANKS ELI.. i am very impressed so far.

#1417 10 years ago

installed! yeah!

IMG_1572.JPGIMG_1572.JPG
#1418 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

installed! yeah!

IMG_1572.JPG 663 KB

How far apart did you put the zip ties? 6 inches??

#1419 10 years ago

Man I want one of these kits!

#1420 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Kinda, it was more like 4-6" , longer in a couple spots. I just put them where I felt they were necessary.

#1421 10 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

I think at this point I've asked for email info from everyone who contacted me in 2012. There are about 25 who've responded but haven't yet gotten a chance to purchase because we're waiting on the next batch of kits.

Thanks for posting this. I was worried that I may have accidentally deleted an email from you after I responded to your message. I must be one of the 25

#1422 10 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

My question about the install is where to mount the "interface board"? unless I missed something.
Will have to go and re-read the instructions to see if that was addressed or not.

It goes on the header for the ribbon cable connecting the CPU board to the Driver board.

You can see it (somewhat obstructed by the yet to be routed cable harness) in this photo from the pigtail instructions: http://mrtn.smugmug.com/Other/2013-07-14/30539137_jtPxK3#!i=2634635720&k=GrFPgjV

#1423 10 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Was it through PM? I didn't receive a request .

#1424 10 years ago

5 inches or so on the strait portions and at the bends, once you actually get the optic cable zip tied you will notice a few spots that may need an extra zip tie.

#1425 10 years ago

Looks Fabulous! Did you receive different see through color bases for the lightcycles/Quorra car (one bright yellow and one blue)?

#1426 10 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

Looks Fabulous! Did you receive different see through color bases for the lightcycles/Quorra car (one bright yellow and one blue)?

Thanks! Not sure if I understand your question - the car and cycle bases are stock that came with the machine. They are not see through. I actually didn't even know the see through ones existed until I just looked it up after your post.

#1427 10 years ago

That looks sweet Herb. Nice job!

#1428 10 years ago

video with the latest kit installed? anyone?

#1429 10 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

That looks sweet Herb. Nice job!

Thanks! The credit def goes to Eli though. This is by far the best mod ever! Even better than the arcade mod I had on my old Tron. Installation was pretty easy. It took about 2.5 hours.

Quoted from hassanchop:

video with the latest kit installed? anyone?

I'm going to take video later today. I'll post it here when I do.

#1430 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Thanks! Not sure if I understand your question - the car and cycle bases are stock that came with the machine. They are not see through. I actually didn't even know the see through ones existed until I just looked it up after your post.

Sorry, it was late and I did not word it great, but yes that's what I meant. They came w/ the kit I have. They look great, especially the yellow one. It makes it so the optic cable is not blocked from view at any point. If they were not included you should pick them up separately!

#1431 10 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

If they were not included you should pick them up separately!

Sounds pretty cool! I probably will

#1432 10 years ago

Has anybody made a step-by-step video of how to install this kit yet?

#1433 10 years ago

Here's video I shot earlier today. The color of the ramps is washed out in the video - especially during light cycle multiball. I believe it is my cameras reaction to the LED GI I have in it. The color of the ramps is much more intense in person. You get a better idea of what it looks like when the GI goes out between balls.

Oh yeah, don't laugh at my (lack of) skills!

#1434 10 years ago

Great vid!

When you start each game you have a song playing which i think is called 'solar sailer'.

Can i ask how you got it on there?

#1435 10 years ago

Thanks!

Quoted from Cursed:

When you start each game you have a song playing which i think is called 'solar sailer'.

Can i ask how you got it on there?

Oh yeah,I forgot. I was playing around with tunes from the soundtrack and adding them to the game.

Here is a link to how to change music and sounds:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tips-for-getting-sound-files-ready-for-pinball-browser#post-1163871

The first post has a link to the pinball browser thread which is the software that facilitates editing sounds and DMD images. It is a lot of fun to play with!

#1436 10 years ago

Thanks for the vid! Looks amazing!

This is pretty much the same effects as the LE, right? Anybody know the differences, if there are any?

#1437 10 years ago

Thanks for posting the video

#1438 10 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Has anybody made a step-by-step video of how to install this kit yet?

Just got my kit today and did up some install videos, hope they help (thought I'd put the post in a separate thread so it's easy to find):

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-step-by-step-video-how-to-install-elis-ramp-mod#post-1188390

#1439 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Just got my kit today and did up some install videos, hope they help (thought I'd put the post in a separate thread so it's easy to find):
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-step-by-step-video-how-to-install-elis-ramp-mod#post-1188390

Ah man sweet. THANKS!!!
I'm adding it to my favourites now.

#1440 10 years ago

These are great but it's kinda too bad that light-changing ramps don't actually react when the ball goes around the ramps. No way to trigger effects when the ramp gate opens/closes?

#1441 10 years ago

I am currently installing my kit, when I noticed on the light modules some extra plugs.
One of those extra plugs are labeled "Cycles".. is it active? or is this a future mod? Please let me know as I would love to use this.

#1442 10 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Cool. Sorry for the second PM then. I thought maybe my first got lost in the masses of them you probably have flooding your inbox.

This mod was well worth the wait.

#1443 10 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

I am happy to report that I just got mine also!! Happy Times.Now, all I have to do is modify my lightcycles, wire them up, and start to dis-assemble.
Herbert, the instructions are posted on the site that you ordered the kit from. And then there are some updates to the instructions posted in this thread.
My question about the install is where to mount the "interface board"? unless I missed something.Will have to go and re-read the instructions to see if that was addressed or not.
EXCITED!! THANKS ELI.. i am very impressed so far.

You do realize that I totally want to see it after you get it hooked up, right? I ain't afraid to grovel.

#1444 10 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

I am currently installing my kit, when I noticed on the light modules some extra plugs.
One of those extra plugs are labeled "Cycles".. is it active? or is this a future mod? Please let me know as I would love to use this.

Each block has two extra signal outputs, not yet implemented. However, the connectors do have 5V and ground available. Therefore, the connectors can help clean up mod wiring by eliminating wires strung from the playfield to the cabinet 5V.

#1445 10 years ago

Is the idea to someday code something interesting for the light cycle mod, I may have missed a post if it was discussed earlier. That would be great to have them off until the ramps are hit or the mode is activated. Perhaps strobe when hit during lightcycle mode.

#1446 10 years ago

If anyone has EL wire installed on their machines and you're wondering what the overall brightness difference is between Eli's kit and the EL wire just click on the video below and you'll see both ramps side by side (EL wire is obviously on the right).

#1447 10 years ago

I just got my ramp kit in the mail today and can't wait to get home and install it. Someone posted video's on the install, thanks!

Does anyone have tips on the drilling though? What size bit to use? Drill from top of ramp or bottom?

Thanks in advance

#1448 10 years ago

I just got my ramp kit in the mail today and can't wait to get home and install it. Someone posted video's on the install, thanks!
Does anyone have tips on the drilling though? What size bit to use? Drill from top of ramp or bottom?
Thanks in advance

Did you watch the videos?
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-step-by-step-video-how-to-install-elis-ramp-mod#post-1188449

Post edited by btw75 : edited to remove unintended snarkiness

#1449 10 years ago

Yes. I saw he said He drilled a pilot from the bottom then he drilled from the top. But I think pinbits recommends drilling from the bottom (not sure though, need to double check this). So I`m just double checking which way is best/easiest. Thanks

#1450 10 years ago

It's better to drill from the topside, what you'll find is that you'll most likely have a bit of a rough feeling once you drill the hole through (this would be on the bottom side of the ramp if you are drilling from the top). When the drill bit goes though it'll leave a bit of plastic on the hole that you just drilled through and what I would do is simply cut it off with a pair of small wire cutters.

You don't really want that on the top side, so I found it's easier to drill from the top. The pilot hole works out well when you drill from the bottom because you can get nice and close to the inside channel of the ramp, so that way all of your holes are nice and uniform all along the ramp. Using a small drill bit for a pilot hole also works out well because you'll find the larger drill bit will move around a little bit when you first start to drill it.

As for the drill bit size, just refer back to my thread with the video and you'll see I posted up a picture with an easy way to figure out what size drill bit will work work best.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.