IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 35.
#1351 10 years ago

Awesome! Did you see the stacked mode ramp light changes at the scoop yet? Or the blue/yellow ramp lighting during LS mb? or the FLYNN mode? or the double x scoring pulsing ramp lighting? or the extra ball lighting? or the pulsing before SOS?

Sorry, just gotta share the TRON love that another one's installed!!!!

Quoted from Russo121:

I got my kit and its truly fantastic!
One thing though; The pinbits instructions are wrong and the picture that shows the underside of the playfield shows the LED modules in the wrong positions. They need to be swapped around. This cost me around a half hour so I hope to save you guys the same problem. Also, on my original run Tron 3d, the resistor bank was in the position where the right hand side LED module was supposed to go so it was a VERY tight fit.
Drilling was a pain too. My ramps had thick flanges so I had to drill two holes side by side about 5mm apart in order to get that 'factory look'. Took quite some time with lots of swearing along the way, but i got there in the end.

Very happy with the way it all turned out. Buckets and buckets of uber appreciation forever and ever amen to Eli and everyone that made this mod possible.

#1352 10 years ago

I'm so jealous this looks amazing! I hope my name comes up fast on "the list". The money is burning in my pocket!

#1353 10 years ago

Played Tron all night long last night and have found that the lights alter my mood somewhat when playing. Frustration doesn't seem to build as easily when missing shots, and adrenalin charged excitement is amplified when stacking the multi's. The zuse lighting flashing on in between lit sequences just grabs my attention as does every hit of the disc in disc battle.

Single greatest mod ever created. End of line.

#1355 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I'm glad there was absolutely "not a list" a year ago. I guess I just should have sent a PM, cried to be on the list and pestered people.

You don't get if you don't ask.

#1356 10 years ago

Awesome double post of doom. Plz, continue OO'ing and AHH'ing.

#1357 10 years ago

Mine shipped last week. Should be here any day. Can't wait!

#1358 10 years ago

I just passed on ordering a kit, so one more out there for you guys. I couldn't find a Tron at anything approaching reasonable, and it's too late in the year to magically conjure 6 grand outta nowhere...

#1359 10 years ago

Couple questions...
When your name comes up on the list how do you know (do you get a PM on Pinside or? At that point do you have to go to pinbits to order?)

Also how long does this kit take to install?

I asked to be put on the list a couple months ago I hope I'm getting close.

#1360 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Couple questions...
When your name comes up on the list how do you know (do you get a PM on Pinside or? At that point do you have to go to pinbits to order?)
Also how long does this kit take to install?
I asked to be put on the list a couple months ago I hope I'm getting close.

Contact pinbits on the page earlier in this thread. pinbits is selling the kits for Eli, nobody else.

#1361 10 years ago

Sh!t I posted here to be added to the list and Sent a PM to Eli at the same time I thought that put me on the list do I also need to contact pinbits??

#1362 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sh!t I posted here to be added to the list and Sent a PM to Eli at the same time I thought that put me on the list do I also need to contact pinbits??

Not also, in place of ..... See above

#1363 10 years ago

Just curious for those who have completed the installation: about how long did it take? I'm looking forward to adding this to my game, but it looks pretty time-consuming.

#1364 10 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Single greatest mod ever created. End of line.

Without a doubt. I can't think of anything even close in terms of scope and execution.

#1365 10 years ago

I've actually never played a Pro, the Tron on location by me is an LE, so I can't imagine playing without the lights. I can't stomach the prices for Tron now, no thanks, but if it ever settles into reasonable land this seems like a must have. Of course that instantly brings it back to pricey.

#1366 10 years ago

I can't wait for one of these! I don't think I'm on any list anywhere, but as long as I can get one eventually at the same price as everyone else, I'm not only satisfied, but thankful!

I can't even imagine all the effort that goes into orchestrating something like this, but I'm happy someone put it forth!

Really, awesome job!

#1367 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Contact pinbits on the page earlier in this thread. pinbits is selling the kits for Eli, nobody else.

Please don't do this if you've already contacted me. I'll get in touch with you if it reaches the point where you posted in the thread or PMed me. At some point they'll be enough production so they'll just be available for order from Pinbits, but we're not there yet. If you've posted or PMed I WILL eventually get in touch with you for details.

#1368 10 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Please don't do this if you've already contacted me. I'll get in touch with you if it reaches the point where you posted in the thread or PMed me. At some point they'll be enough production so they'll just be available for order from Pinbits, but we're not there yet. If you've posted or PMed I WILL eventually get in touch with you for details.

Thanks Eli. I will just hold tight until I hear from you or Pinbits. Thanks again for the creation of this awesome mod. I can't wait to get it and install it!

#1369 10 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Just curious for those who have completed the installation: about how long did it take? I'm looking forward to adding this to my game, but it looks pretty time-consuming.

I've seen this kit from shipping container to install. The finished product is simply breathtaking . Takes two people working reasonably fast about 6 or so hours (w/ breaks here and there). It certainly could be done faster, but I would say w/ this install like most it's best to take your time and do it right. It is a very involved installation. It's not so much that the installation is "hard" it just takes time: removing all the ramps and disconnecting all the electronics, marking the ramps for drilling, drilling the ramps, installing the wire w/ zipties, installing the ramps back to the pf, installing the units under the pinball, installing the wiring in the backbox.

Seeing the finished product fire up was amazing. The light show is spectacular, especially in a dark room. The interaction w/ the game was amazing and makes tron even more fun if that's possible. I also liked how they used see through light wire instead of the frosted for the LE's. I think it may be a tad brighter then the LE's (mind you I have not seen and LE and a PRO w/ this mod side by side so I could be wrong). The wire being see through almost makes them more invisible when not lit, I think its a cleaner look.

I'm not saying this ramp mod makes a tron pro better then an LE. Not at all, the value of the LE model has been proven w/ many sales and I don't see the price falling in the near future because of this mod or for any other reason. However, it does make a Pro Tron which is already a fun pin that much better.

Ill say again: This is the best pinball modification I have ever seen! What a triumph Eli!

#1370 10 years ago

Still can't wait. Hopefully mine will be available soon!?
Thankfully I have a new game and a TZ restore still underway to distract me....

#1371 10 years ago

Hi all.

I have just spent 2 hours reading this thread!! One word... EPIC!!

I have just pm'd Pam @ Pinbits to let them know I am totally and utterly down for one of these production units.

I just wanted to publicly thank Eli for the original Tron arcade mod and now this epic mod. Your work is truly appreciated - so thank you.

Oliver

#1372 10 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Just curious for those who have completed the installation: about how long did it take?

The two real time consuming parts were deciphering the instructions/pictures and drilling the ramps (depending no your level of OCD making clean holes could take a real long time as I found out).

Mine took me a few hours, if I was to do it again for a neighbor it would take about an hour.

I'm curious if anyone has sourced clear plastic zip ties?

#1373 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

Mine took me a few hours, if I was to do it again for a neighbor it would take about an hour.

I'm curious if anyone has sourced clear plastic zip ties?

Remember this is not a race take your time drilling the ramp and planning installation and you won't live to regret it. Took me more than a few hours but with things like this I tend to work pretty meticulously.

I have not been able to find any truly clear zip ties. Many say they are clear but they are all frosted. Anyone that has a line of some that are truly clear please give us a heads up.

#1374 10 years ago

Instead of zip tie why not some sort of fishing line & knots? Flourocarbon is very clear.

#1375 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Remember this is not a race...

totally agree. I guess what I was trying to say was that it is an involved install and it does take a long time (3 hours starting at midnight, but that was as soon as I could get to the machine after flying back home lol). But as it's still early, my point was more that it takes a while because of the measure twice cut once factor. Once the instructions are polished it might not take three hours.

I want to say this is the best mod ever, but I am afraid it's a tie between this and the ColorDMD in our MM

#1376 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Instead of zip tie why not some sort of fishing line & knots? Flourocarbon is very clear.

I kept thinking about using fishing line as I was going along, two holes at each position and they could be super tiny. It'd be all but invisible... but I wasn't sure if it would jiggle or shake? If anyone has tried it and can report how tightly the ropes are held on by fishing line I'd be real interested.

#1377 10 years ago

Awesome idea on the fishing line!

Zip ties *cannot* be perfectly clear. There's too much refraction from the nubs and 'zip' part of the tie. That, combined with the ultra-cheapo plastic they're made from = optically bad.

#1378 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

I kept thinking about using fishing line as I was going along, two holes at each position and they could be super tiny. It'd be all but invisible... but I wasn't sure if it would jiggle or shake? If anyone has tried it and can report how tightly the ropes are held on but fishing line I'd be real interested.

If I ever get selected to give my money I'll let you know.

#1379 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Quoted from Frax:

Awesome idea on the fishing line!
Zip ties *cannot* be perfectly clear. There's too much refraction from the nubs and 'zip' part of the tie. That, combined with the ultra-cheapo plastic they're made from = optically bad.

In theory it's a good idea, as long as the line could be tied tight enough, especially at the bends. I think using line would definitely raise the install time. In my opinion the zipties are much easier to install and look fine, also they keep the wire snug against the plastic. If someone does try this you can use a smaller drill bit.

#1380 10 years ago

do I need a power splitter for this mod? I have the arcade mod now, will I need a splitter to run this?

like this one.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2981

#1381 10 years ago

how about a new video from who installed recently?

#1382 10 years ago

I didn't use a drill, I used a dremel and it was 20 minutes to drill the 60 holes in the ramps. Take your time, put the fiber optic tubing against the ramp to see where the holes should be and ensure the bends have enough clearance and you'll be fine. I was paranoid drilling my ramps so I used the dremel since its smaller and very easy to control and zips through the ramp in a second.

Like everyone else, I used the thinest and smalled zip ties I could find. I picked a pack up at home depot and they were milky white, but unnoticeable to me on the game. The ties keep the tubing nice and uniform around the ramp and it doesn't move. I would definately recommend the ties.

#1383 10 years ago

I got an email today that I could order mine. I've been on this thread for over a year, but did nothing special to request my space. So it looks like Eli & company are working through the thread. Seems as fair as can be. Sent my order in immediately, can't wait!

#1384 10 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

do I need a power splitter for this mod? I have the arcade mod now, will I need a splitter to run this?
like this one.

For the record I used that exact splitter in my Tron LE for all the mods and it kicks a whole lot of ass. I definitely recommend it.

#1385 10 years ago

Placed my order today. Thank you Eli.

#1386 10 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

like this one.

The ramp mod gets power directly from the P/D board in the backbox, no need for a splitter for it.

I'm very glad people are finally starting to get these, and sorry production is still slow.

#1387 10 years ago

This mod is awesome! We have it on the tron pro at the SPM and love it.

#1388 10 years ago

Got my email today and ordered. Thank you Eli

#1389 10 years ago

I'm wondering if it might be better to just buy a set of LE ramps?

#1390 10 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

I'm wondering if it might be better to just buy a set of LE ramps?

I haven't looked myself, but others have said the LE ramps are tough to get these days.

Anyway, drilling the holes really is not hard to do. Pulling the ramps out is much more work than the actual drilling.

#1391 10 years ago

Heres a vid of my kit. The same vid happily coincides with my current high score which I got this afternoon:

http://s85.photobucket.com/user/rusolinio/media/TronHS.mp4.html

#1392 10 years ago

I have seen install times posted of 3 to 6 hours any one else want to chime in to say how long it took to install?

#1393 10 years ago

Took me approx 4 hours with a couple of breaks in between for a cup of tea.

#1394 10 years ago

Hmm. Wonder why it was so hard to remove ramps? I was looking at the right ramp today and didn't think it looked too bad.

#1395 10 years ago

USPS tracking says my is kit arriving today! T-minus 8 hours until install

#1396 10 years ago

mine is shipped. Can't believe the wait is almost over!

#1397 10 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Wonder why it was so hard to remove ramps?

It's not that it's hard to remove the ramps, but removing/reinstalling them will be the bulk of the install time. I was just trying to say "Don't worry about the drilling."

#1398 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

mine is shipped. Can't believe the wait is almost over!

Same for me, mine arrives tomorrow!

#1399 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Same for me, mine arrives tomorrow!

How long have the guys who are getting there now been on the list?
I'm just trying to get a feel for how quick these are going out?

#1400 10 years ago

I really don't know how Eli is managing this list, but frolic's first post to the thread was on page 6 on 2012-10-02 17:14.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.