Topic Stats

• 1,706 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SuperPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-218.jpg
image-922.jpg
image.jpg
IMAG2871.jpg
20131215_194307.jpg
image.jpg
147517.gif
i-bZQNnNw-XL.jpg
IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 35.
#1301 6 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Can we not get a list posted here that shows where everybody is on the list? I think it would really answer alot of questions.

This is why for my Shadow translite project I've kept the list public on a post on the first page (I also store locally) just seemed to make things easier for everyone to be able to see that you're noted.

I'm sure everyone will get theirs soon enough, looks like the end is finally picking up steam. Now I'm sorry I never got around to picking up a Tron!

#1302 6 years ago

I feel i must, once again, thank everyone involved in making this kit happen.

Hopefully I don't completely mess up the installation when its time.

#1303 6 years ago

I am on page 15, but was kinda sad to see that Zackcat on page 7 wasnt able to see this project complete

#1304 6 years ago

I was on page 2 midway down the page..... so I should be next inline for this mod, Thanks! Im buying 2 of them and one will be for sale @$700, a true steal.

#1305 6 years ago

I myself signed up on page 5 for this. Yes, this was 6 months ago.. but you have to think about it.. this isn't exactly a Flynn sign mod.. this is single handedly one of the best MOD's ever for any pinball ever. I expect some time for logistics and production. I am still on board.
I have been slowly doing mods for my Tron, and I love it. Cannot wait!

#1306 6 years ago

I don't think I ever posted to this thread, but had Emailed Eli a long while back about being added to the list....since I never posted publicly, am I now dropped from the list?

#1307 6 years ago

There is confusion about the list, but the good news is they said this is not a limited item and they'll keep making them as long as people want to buy them. I've waited this long, can't imagine I'll have to wait that long again.

#1308 6 years ago

...and the video they linked to was mine. Now that the auction has been ended, I guess I can remove the message that I added.

#1309 6 years ago

Aug 18, 2012 for me.

I hope the request to be in line helps.

#1310 6 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

but you have to think about it.. this isn't exactly a Flynn sign mod.. this is single handedly one of the best MOD's ever for any pinball ever

Ouch! Really?

#1311 6 years ago

I think your Flynn sign mod is pretty cool! I also think your PIG / PIG2 devices are pretty wild as well

As for Eli's mod, sure is nice to see it finally coming to fruition. Been waiting a long time for it!

#1312 6 years ago

Yeah I really like your Flynn's sign mod too!

#1313 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

...and the video they linked to was mine. Now that the auction has been ended, I guess I can remove the message that I added.
ยป YouTube video

Hahahaha nicely done!

#1314 6 years ago

So it's not the standard for "easy mod that's not that cool" then?

Eli's mod is very cool and complex, but that Flynn's sign doesn't make itself!

"this isn't exactly different colored flipper rubber" might have stung less.

#1315 6 years ago

Mike, everyone who sees my Tron loves the Flynn's sign. it's a must have as well.

#1316 6 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

So it's not the standard for "easy mod that's not that cool" then?

Eli's mod is very cool and complex, but that Flynn's sign doesn't make itself!
"this isn't exactly different colored flipper rubber" might have stung less.

Frankly I would say the flynns sign is more must have than the LCD arcade. Maybe that's just me, but that area looks naked without the flynns sign. The arcade scoop was already there, just cheesier, but at least it was something.

#1317 6 years ago

Well that stinks. I dealt with my request to be on the list through a PM. So, I guess I will tag this in ages later that I want one on my Tron.

And it is also OK, because like everyone is saying, fantastic mod Eli.

#1318 6 years ago

I never posted to this thread before, but I sent a pm 14 month ago and just got my notice yesterday. Can't wait to pull out the old EL wire and get this kit installed.

#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from Mauikiter:

I never posted to this thread before, but I sent a pm 14 month ago and just got my notice yesterday. Can't wait to pull out the old EL wire and get this kit installed.

Glad to see that post. Happy to wait, either way, but I'm always excited to get something sooner than later.

#1320 6 years ago
Quoted from Mauikiter:

I think Eli deserves a medal for that kind of records keeping!

#1321 6 years ago

DK.. I didn't mean to "knock" your Flynn sign.. sorry.. it was not intended.
I like the Flynn sign. My point was that the Light Tubes are Way more complex than an LED sign.
Programming, Extensive wiring as well as more expensive. That is all.

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

DK.. I didn't mean to "knock" your Flynn sign.. sorry.. it was not intended.
I like the Flynn sign. My point was that the Light Tubes are Way more complex than an LED sign.
Programming, Extensive wiring as well as more expensive. That is all.

The dangers of only seeing text. I didn't take it personally and I understood what you meant. I see a lot of signs out there so I know they're well liked. I created the PIG 2 which parallels the light mod in a lot of ways, believe me, I get it.

I was mostly just trying to be funny.

"Can you describe the guy? Is he a big fat guy like you?"
"No, he's a skinny gu... wait, what?"

#1323 6 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

"Can you describe the guy? Is he a big fat guy like you?"
"No, he's a skinny gu... wait, what?"

Haha. Oh internets, you are ironically terrible for communication.

#1324 6 years ago

Interesting. I'm sure I'm not the only dev kit owner to be curious about the new units. I've been running mine for 14 months. Since they are different, what modes are they running? How do you update them? I know there was a webpage in development to generate a binary, but not sure what happened to it. Does a new owner want to give some info on the new kit?

Quoted from vtec16:

I have seen one of these 15 kits from pinbits installed and played it a ton. it's amazing!! It makes the machine a piece of art, just watching the light show is soothing and stimulating. I will say that no harness is necessary. The units can be mounted directly to the bottom of the Playfield, all the hardware is provided in the kit. Pinbits included quite a bit in the kit. In comparing the pinbits model from Eli with the pre-production test models, it's much more compact and elegant in design and thus easier to mount, there are actually options on where to mount the units. The pinbit's unit look a lot like the finished models under the LE's.
This is the best pinball mod I have ever seen by far!! THANK YOU ELI!!

#1325 6 years ago

My mod is up and running! Was over at a friend's house and played his Tron LE the other day and one of the first things I noticed was I think Eli's is BRIGHTER. Im not sure if its the LEDs he is using or the fact that the LE ramps use a frosted wire and Eli's doesn't but it definitely appeared brighter to me. I played with the lights off last night and it made the whole area around the game glow.

Im super happy with how everything turned out, and I want to give a HUGE thanks to Eli, Martin and Pam over at Pinbits (GREAT service over there), and to luvthatapex2 and the beta testers for the sweet programming.

Worth the wait.

#1326 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

ince they are different, what modes are they running? How do you update them? I know there was a webpage in development to generate a binary, but not sure what happened to it. Does a new owner want to give some info on the new kit?

There is a board that goes in the back box and it appears to have a mini USB attachment I think. Im not sure how it will update in the future, but I think it IS up dateable.

#1327 6 years ago

Yes, the clear fiber tubing adds brightness to the ramp lighting. That was another great idea.

I think my 2 favorite effects in the coding are:
The ramp lighting changing through the stacked modes at the scoop
(ie. if you have clu, quorra and LS stacked at the scoop, you get YELLOW for a few sec, then GREEN for a few sec, then YELLOW/BLUE on the ramps for the LS since LS is the higher mode).
Second one: the double scoring ramp pulsing to let you know you are in double scoring mode.

I couldn't play TRON without this ramp lighting, its a game changer.

Quoted from DrStarkweather:

There is a board that goes in the back box and it appears to have a mini USB attachment I think. Im not sure how it will update in the future, but I think it IS up dateable.

#1328 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Second one: the double scoring ramp pulsing to let you know you are in double scoring mode.

I had a friend say they didn't like this one. "Too much random flashing." I told them it was for 2X scoring. "Oh, that's kinda nice."

#1329 6 years ago

Herg, before you added this, I never knew when I was in 2x scoring

Quoted from herg:

I had a friend say they didn't like this one. "Too much random flashing." I told them it was for 2X scoring. "Oh, that's kinda nice."

#1330 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

It shows up as a USB drive if you hook it to a computer and you can copy over new code as a file. Of course there has to actually be a code update written first, but it's pretty painless.

#1331 6 years ago

I keep checking pinbits for the Tron ramp mod, and Sterns website for Metallica code.

Pinball is such a stressful waiting game

#1332 6 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I keep checking pinbits for the Tron ramp mod, and Sterns website for Metallica code.
Pinball is such a stressful waiting game

Hmmm... I'm starting to wonder if this is because pinball people are inherently frenetic, high energy, impatient types... with the exception of us bingo pinball players, of course. We're all mellow and exceptionally patient people.

#1333 6 years ago
Quoted from tryppyr:

Hmmm... I'm starting to wonder if this is because pinball people are inherently frenetic, high energy, impatient types... with the exception of us bingo pinball players, of course. We're all mellow and exceptionally patient people.

Nope just bored at work haha

#1334 6 years ago

I installed my Pinbits kit last weekend, and must say this is the best mod I have ever done to any pinball. It really makes a difference to the game, it ties in so cool!

I used a technique of combining a soldering iron to make a pilot hole, and then drilling using a Dremel tool. This way the drill bit can't veer off.

It was a breeze to install and great install instructions on the website.

Thanks Eli & Pinbits team for making this cool mod!

#1335 6 years ago

"LE ramps use a frosted wire and Eli's doesn't "

Was wondering about that too...guess that answers that. I would've prefered to stay with the original look. Can't please everyone I guess. Still looking forward to owning one. And at least in theory, if I can source the original fiber style in the right diameter, it shouldn't be that big of a deal to just replace it!

#1336 6 years ago

For whatever reason the stuff with the semi-opaque cover that Stern uses was a lot harder to find in non-industrial lengths. I believe it's also stranded vs. solid-core. Most people like that this is nearly invisible when disabled, but it's also a little bit less uniform when lit.

#1337 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I would've prefered to stay with the original look. Can't please everyone I guess.

No you can't. I've seen both first hand I prefer the clear myself.

#1338 6 years ago

I haven't actually seen it in real life to compare but I would think the clear tubing would look better than frosted showing the nice clean color. Like if I wanted straight red I get straight red not a frosted washed out variation. Just cuz something is original doesn't always mean it was the best thing out there.

#1339 6 years ago

Yeah, and the uniformity and the fact it looks like neon attached to the ramp is part of what I like about it. Like I said, I'll order the kit as-is, but will be keeping an eye out for the "genuine article."

Makes sense why people are saying it's brighter than a LE too....because it is. It's not getting diffused across the entire surface.

#1340 6 years ago

Any chance these kits will be around at expo?

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

No you can't. I've seen both first hand I prefer the clear myself.

Agreed, and agreed!

#1342 6 years ago

I third that, now if we could only find out when...

1 week later
#1343 6 years ago

So much silence. I'm assuming more kits have went out? I wish I had some clue of where we are on the list and what the progress on it is.

#1344 6 years ago

What a clusterflip.

Backlash.jpg

#1345 6 years ago

At this point I believe the project is in the hands of Pinbits who are making them and selling them directly to those on the list. I got my notice and have received my kit, got it installed and have been playing Tron nonstop now.

The instructions are very minimal, they're online when you order them and not printed. There is a photo album with a lot of pictures available and that helps a ton. But some of the pictures would benefit from having some arrows overlayed on them so you know what you're looking at, the power plug that you have to hook up for example isn't obvious but after a while you finally 'see the difference' between the before and after picture. The light blocks aren't labeled right/left and the cabling isn't labeled either. So be sure you plug them in and power the game up to see which ramp is which before screwing them in to the playfield in case you need to swap them (or you could reroute the wiring to send the right/left signals to the correct block).

Otherwise everything installed very easily, and looked so factory it's amazing. No large bars or blocks or anything at all. The lights are bright and the colors are matched great with the modes.

I've been waiting for this mod to come out for so long, and now that it's finally here it was absolutely worth the wait. I think those selling this kit would be wise to keep communication open in this thread as to when folks might expect their purchase links to come out. If you're still waiting, I can only say hang in there. It is absolutely worth the wait!

#1346 6 years ago

Where / how does one get added to the list?

#1347 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The rest of us just posted such a request to this thread, and some of us also PMed Eli. (don't forget about me my new friend Eli ) Not sure what the situation is now with Pinbits distributing the product, but you can start by posting your request here.

#1348 6 years ago

Pinbits is distributor for Elis ramp kit, so email them. Last I checked there was a link on the product listing page.

Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

The rest of us just posted such a request to this thread, and some of us also PMed Eli. (don't forget about me my new friend Eli ) Not sure what the situation is now with Pinbits distributing the product, but you can start by posting your request here.

Quoted from jfh:

#1349 6 years ago

I cannot remember if this link has been posted for everyone.. I bet it has.. but since I don't feel like going through 27 pages to see if the link was posted..

Here is the link to pinbits site selling the kits. Again, I am with everyone else here, unless I missed something, this is where we will be getting the kits from:

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=566

If I am wrong, please tell me, and I will fix my posting.

#1350 6 years ago

I got my kit and its truly fantastic!

One thing though; The pinbits instructions are wrong and the picture that shows the underside of the playfield shows the LED modules in the wrong positions. They need to be swapped around. This cost me around a half hour so I hope to save you guys the same problem. Also, on my original run Tron 3d, the resistor bank was in the position where the right hand side LED module was supposed to go so it was a VERY tight fit.

Drilling was a pain too. My ramps had thick flanges so I had to drill two holes side by side about 5mm apart in order to get that 'factory look'. Took quite some time with lots of swearing along the way, but i got there in the end.

20131011_013235.jpg

Very happy with the way it all turned out. Buckets and buckets of uber appreciation forever and ever amen to Eli and everyone that made this mod possible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside