IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 35.
#1151 10 years ago

Wow it's been over a year since this thread started!

#1152 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Wow it's been over a year since this thread started!

The date in the tags of the first image say 3/30/2012.

#1153 10 years ago

I bought EL Wire to tide me over while I waited for this mod. Glad I did!

(Not a complaint, I know this is not a business for anyone involved)

#1154 10 years ago

This is going to be... quite a ride.

#1155 10 years ago

I sure hope eli pops up soon with an update along the lines of:

"""THEY'RE READY COME AND GET 'EM""""

#1156 10 years ago

They'll likely be in waves. I'm sure there's a not-so-insignificant amount of money invested in making sure these go out without any problems.

Don't forget, it's a hobby for everyone involved.

#1157 10 years ago

Wow this is amazing, just got my Tron a week ago so I haven't had to ache for this to be available like so many others but please put me on the list.

#1158 10 years ago

Great job, please add me to the list also, thanks!

#1159 10 years ago

I would like to get on the list when these become available.

Thanks!

#1160 10 years ago

Stuck-mud.jpgStuck-mud.jpg

#1161 10 years ago

Add me to the list as well. Just committed to a tron pro. Now to find a place to put it...

#1162 10 years ago

I'm still waiting and I haven't even owned a Tron for 4.5 months. I'm not buying another one unless it already has this on it, or unless I can get one of these beforehand. So yeah.

#1163 10 years ago

I would like to be added to the list as well. Getting my Tron Pro soon!

#1164 10 years ago

Got my Tron Pro.Please put me on the list.

#1165 10 years ago

Cool post, bro. I'm betting that you've never done, nor will ever do anything, worth waiting for. Pretty safe bet, I imagine.

#1166 10 years ago

Eli

Please add me to the list

Very excited to get one of these!

Any updates on shipping dates?

Thx

#1167 10 years ago

Any updates ??? It's almost Sept

#1168 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Cool post, bro.

Thanks bro! My favorite is when people talk about this mod elsewhere as if it already exists in actual product form. They show all these pictures and videos and stuff!

Can you imagine how many Tron's were purchased over the last YEAR believing (assuming) this would actually be made!

But, I guess pinball people are sort of like gamblers. They like to make a bet (like buy a high dollar toy) based on the gamble that some mod will come out that will solve their pro lighting problems.

Or maybe they are not that smart. Maybe they are just naïve and follow the herd because everyone else is in line. Sign me up!

Or maybe they believe that past performance guarantees future results.

Anyhow, it has been a long time bro!

#1169 10 years ago

So...you think Eli OWES this to the community? Do you even know how real life works? Eli isn't responsible for other peoples' buying decisions. If the mod never comes out, what does he have to answer for? Millions of ideas don't pan out. If we all chose to pick one and make it our pet project and obsession, all we'd ever do is talk about things that never came out.

People didn't buy Tron for this mod, they buy this mod for their Tron. I can't believe you think it worked the other way around. That's almost hard for me to believe, but you claimed it yourself. I also like that you call it "problem" that Tron Pros don't have lighted ramps. Could you find a more lame "first world problem" to use as an example?

Eli's mod works. People have it and are using it. We'd much rather that he got it built right than to rush it out. And there's not nearly enough money in these sorts of projects that it should disrupt his life to prioritize the mod. This isn't how he makes his living.

Chill out. Get something constructive to do with yourself. Go take the garbage out or something. Better yet, go figure out what's important in this world and spend your energy worrying about a real issue.

#1170 10 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Thanks bro! My favorite is when people talk about this mod elsewhere as if it already exists in actual product form. They show all these pictures and videos and stuff!
Can you imagine how many Tron's were purchased over the last YEAR believing (assuming) this would actually be made!
But, I guess pinball people are sort of like gamblers. They like to make a bet (like buy a high dollar toy) based on the gamble that some mod will come out that will solve their pro lighting problems.
Or maybe they are not that smart. Maybe they are just naïve and follow the herd because everyone else is in line. Sign me up!

I'm new to the thread but I don't get it - you're slamming something that has cost no one except eli and the prototype holders any money at this point? Yes this mod would be sweet if it works out, and hurts no one if it doesnt... sooooo why the hate? If everyone had put down money it would be different, but for now this is just something cool to hope for and look forward to.

People talk about lots of stuff that isn't available... new cars... new houses... new pinball machines. It's called conversation about hobbies, toys, likes/dislikes.... you must only ever talk and post about the past?

Who cares how many Trons were bought hoping for this mod. Unless you yourself did it it's pointless to care. No one is on the hook for squat, and yeah this mod may never materialize. I don't see how that really hurts anyone though, least of all yourself as you apparently aren't interested.

#1171 10 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Did you actually buy a Pro *because* of this mod? Kinda sounds like you may have. If so, I can see you getting frustrated, but it seems misguided. That would just be some seriously bad decision making in retrospect.

I can see where there would be problems if someone collected pre-orders or deposits on a mod, then failed to deliver by the stated dated. Don't think that is the case here.

#1172 10 years ago

Guys, don't feed the troll. Or better yet, just put him on ignore like any sane person has already done.

#1173 10 years ago

I ignored that guy my first week on pinside, he remains the only one. Life is good (not his apparently).

#1174 10 years ago

Natives are getting restless. hehe.

One thing i learned early on with pinball was patience is measured in decades, not weeks. haha.

Does anyone with direct contact to Eli have any news?

#1175 10 years ago

This thread has gotten amusing.

I hope that Eli is able to make a decent buck off this mod.
The abuse to profit ratio will be high on this one, I suspect.

Patience folks. Eli likely has thousands of dollars invested in the boards alone to get this done for us. Better late than not at all.

-Cyan

#1176 10 years ago

Getting my Tron Pro September 6 (one week from today!). Really excited about it. Eli's mod was one of the factors that made me choose this over some other pins. It will be my first NIB game, hope the week moves a little faster! I too hope Eli gets rewarded for his hard work as well by making a few $$$.

#1177 10 years ago

Congrats on getting your NIB Tron this coming week

I am expecting mine to arrive on Thursday!

I am stoked!!

Looking forward to buying one of Eli's kits soon

Awesome work Eli. Can't wait

Rob

Post edited by oktobernv : typo

#1178 10 years ago
Quoted from oktobernv:

Congrats on getting your NIB Tron this coming week
I am expecting mine to arrive on Thursday!
I am stoked!!
Looking forward to buying one of Eli's kits soon
Awesome work Eli. Can't wait
Rob

Post edited by oktobernv : typo

Thanks! Actually being delivered tomorrow night! Congrats on yours too!

#1179 10 years ago

It'd be awesome if Eli could give us some news about what's going on. I'm guessing he is regretting saying that it looked like it would be ready by the beginning of August, but that's fine... I just wish we could get some sort of response of what the current state of this mod is.

#1180 10 years ago

With this mod my Tron will finally be done..... unless the powder coated LDB/hings/rails get made again. Just finished the lighted apron which I highly recommend, it's a very nice addition.

#1181 10 years ago

This is second hand info, but a friend said Eli responded to him about a week ago. He said he was waiting on "parts". I don't know if that means boards, board components, fiber, etc.

#1182 10 years ago

I find it hilarious that so many people on this thread say that this mod was part of their reason to buy a Tron Pro, but then yet we have other TP owners bashing people for that choice....but it seems like a fairly large majority of 'recent' purchasers at least partly decided to get it based on this mod. This is why I SOLD my Tron Pro, aside from just being bored with the gameplay (Sorry, but when you get to Portal like 15-20% of the time....yeah.). I would've kept it hands down if this mod had been in my hands, but without it...Tron Pro just playing second fiddle to LE's IMO. =\

#1183 10 years ago

I suspect that right now he's busily getting lots of them manufactured, so he can meet heavy demand immediately instead of trickling them out slowly a la WOZ. Chill

#1184 10 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

cool story bro

nobody is stopping you from making one yourself

if Eli doesn't make it then I will make my own, problem solved

but I rather just let him make a couple bucks off his work and not have to use my time reinventing the wheel

#1185 10 years ago

Hey everybody.

As usual, sorry for the delays. Here's the scoop...

We had a hardware problem with the BOM going from the prototypes into full production mode. Very intermittent weirdness across some but not all boards. I couldn't say for sure how long it would take to fix so I was reluctant to give another date which might slip. I also had to take some time catching up on my non-pinball projects (shocking, I know.)

However in the last few days we've tracked down the fix and all indications are that the production boards are now working 100%, with 16 / 16 boards of the changed part now running correctly.

I believe there will be a small shipment of production kits (I'll go back to my early responders list) very soon as a final QA test and then they'll be going into full production.

i-sxWZbFB-L.jpgi-sxWZbFB-L.jpg

#1186 10 years ago

Fantastic news! Many thanks Eli!

Getting a wee bit excited now!

#1188 10 years ago

can't wait to install and play with this monster mod...thx for the update

#1189 10 years ago

Nice, thanks for the update Eli, much appreciated.

#1190 10 years ago

Man I hope I'm on the early responders list... wonder what page I first said "In" on... thanks for the update Eli.

#1191 10 years ago
Quoted from tomaszb1:

Man I hope I'm on the early responders list... wonder what page I first said "In" on... thanks for the update Eli.

+1, I know he has a list, I feel just like a kid waiting for x-mas.

#1192 10 years ago

Maybe Eli could just post the list here? I'd be curious to know where i'm at on the list.

#1193 10 years ago

Man that looks a lot different than the protos Hope every thing goes as planned

#1194 10 years ago

Eli - is it too early to put a list of names out there in the thread, so that people can see 1) if they're on the list, and 2) how many are on the list .. just to gauge overall interest?

I know I should be on it somewhere in this insane thread -- I know I've asked in multiple places over the past year (including G+ using my real name), and I've seen Herg's setup first hand.

The money's ready to be sent (as is the case for many of us I'm sure), but I don't want to get too excited knowing that there's currently 16 in the hopper, and we may not see the final-final-shipping mass-production version run until Jan/Feb.

Food for thought.

Btw, it's a thing of beauty to see those 16 up in a picture..
We appreciate everything you're doing.

-Cyan

#1195 10 years ago

Sold out at pin bits

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1196 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Sold out at pin bits

It's not for sale yet. When they list new items that are not available to purchase yet they mark them as sold out until it's launched.

#1197 10 years ago

If that price is a true reflection of the final pricing then I'm really happy!

My wife keeps asking me when we're going to put lights on the ramps

#1198 10 years ago

I think I pmed early on for this, but it appears you are doing this from this post, so I need to publicly be put on this list, waiting with a fistful of cash as originally communicated

.. this is really a great add to an already amazing game, kudos eli, take your time, like "most" pinsiders, good things come to those who wait, and those that are not a-holes.

#1199 10 years ago

Sweet. I have waited patiently and am on the list from early on woot.

My message was August 18th 2012. What's the earliest these could be requested?

#1200 10 years ago

Please don't call Pinbits at this point. It won't do anything to get you a kit faster and will just be a big pain for Pam and Martin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.