Topic Stats

• 1,706 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SuperPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-218.jpg
image-922.jpg
image.jpg
IMAG2871.jpg
20131215_194307.jpg
image.jpg
147517.gif
i-bZQNnNw-XL.jpg
IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 35.
#951 6 years ago

FYI just a little housekeeping item.

I was able to help a new owner update his board with a MAC. This is the first time I heard someone using a MAC, so I'm glad it works for those too. So far we have MAC, Windows and Linux users

#952 6 years ago

I use a Mac, so there's plenty of testing on the software side. Made it a bit of a nightmare to help one of the Windows users debug when he had an issue with his control board and needed to confirm his software install.

#953 6 years ago

I so can't wait for this to hit retail release. It's already exceeded my expectations, and it's still evolving into something better every day.

#954 6 years ago

Worst thing about the lights.

I cant get away from this frign game now. It was bad before, but now its just so damb much fun . Even the wife goes down on her own and plays away . I seem to be doing a quick coat of wax a week now.

A+++++++ Hobbs

#955 6 years ago

I can't say for sure that the ramp lighting caused this, but it certainly didn't help:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-tron-post-between-pops-and-arcade-taking-a-beating#post-864397

You can't see it very well in the picture, but the Cliffy on my scoop has a tear in it as well.

On the bright side, a friend had recently beat my GC score, and since installing the ramp lights, I have bumped him down to #3. I also made my first trip to Portal during that time.

#956 6 years ago

Have all 11 new users installed their kits now?

#957 6 years ago

From what I can gather from this thread:

Installed
1. Herg
2. Treborlicec
3. Spudgunman
4. Troz
5. Sc1f1
6. Hoby1
7. mwong168
8. ChadNC
9. jeffspinballpalace
10. pinlawyer

Unknown
11. ?

Post edited by herg : A few more guys have theirs installed now 5-21-2013

#958 6 years ago

How could you get this kit and not run out and install it immediately. I wouldn't be able to sleep.

#959 6 years ago

My kit has been installed for the past 2 weeks, works great so far and will update to the latest code sometime before the weekend.

#960 6 years ago

I'm still unable to sleep after 9 months with it. I was up late testing some of Eli and Hergs tweaking last night

Quoted from Toasterdog:

How could you get this kit and not run out and install it immediately. I wouldn't be able to sleep.

#961 6 years ago

I've had one of the first beta units installed for months, but my game is folded up awaiting a move.
I'll have to play some catch-up and update code (re-assign pins too?) along with the rest of you once I get Tron into the new house.

I'm happy to see most everyone is up and running and enjoying this mod. Eli has done a fantastic job bringing this to life and big respect to Frank for all the additional work put into the code.

#962 6 years ago

I know Bob D has to make up his harnesses

#963 6 years ago

Finished install and have been testing. Using a long USB cord hanging out rear of backbox for loading updates without having to open backbox and recent update took three minutes to upload. Really cool setup.

#964 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Using a long USB cord hanging out rear of backbox for loading updates without having to open backbox and recent update took three minutes to upload. Really cool setup.

This is the way I have done the updates from day one. It works very well. I have loaded many updates this way.

#965 6 years ago

Is it a USB Type B connection or diff ??

#966 6 years ago

USB B-mini on the current boards, but switching to B-micro for the production boards.

#967 6 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

USB B-mini on the current boards, but switching to B-micro for the production boards.

Did somebody say "production"??!

#968 6 years ago

From what I can gather from this thread:
Installed
1. Herg
2. Treborlicec
3. Spudgunman
4. Troz
5. Sc1f1
6. Hoby1
7. mwong168
Working on it
8. ChadNC
9. jeffspinballpalace
Unknown
10. ?
11. ?
Post edited by herg : Drano had his before the lucky 11

Mines installed now. We were building a staircase that held me up.

image.jpg

#969 6 years ago

Nah, we are not letting you get off that easy. Tell us more... what do think of the modes and did you update it to r1h? Did you install the USB cable so its easy to update with a laptop? Just curious.

Quoted from ChadNC:

Mines installed now. We were building a staircase that held me up.

#970 6 years ago

I went all the way to the LEDs with 1/4 in heat shrink. I Didnt think it would go past glands but it did. Its eliminated all unnessasary light under the PF.
I used the bar method and bent at my bench using a c-clamp. I installed the light engines with a machine screw that fit in the larger existing hole.
I already had LE ramps so i only had to cut loose my old EL wire and re zip tie.
I haven't updated the software yet.
I can't explain how awesome this is.
This project would have went alot quicker but since i had my ramps off i gave it a good cleaning and waxing.

#971 6 years ago

I haven't been able to hit up pinside as much lately, but I always make it a point to come check on this thread! SO excited for this. It is looking great, and I love that there is now a community of people working on improving the code.

Thank you to everyone who is helping with this! Can't wait for the production units!

#972 6 years ago

Mine are installed and incredible!

#973 6 years ago

Just incredible

image.jpg image.jpg

#974 6 years ago

Welcome... To the world of tomorrow!

http://nuprometheus.com/pinball/TRON/ramps/test/settings.html

(Very much a work in progress, and will probably break your ancient version of IE, but feel free to complain about it if that makes you happy. I fracking hate web development.)

TRON_Banner.png

#975 6 years ago

Production units ready?? Woohoo!!!

#976 6 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

Production units ready?? Woohoo!!!

No.

Just a preview of the tool for customizing the displays.

#977 6 years ago

New version of the ramp code is available in the googledocs link. I would highly recommend updating to version R2E. Great stuff! BIG Thanks to herg and Eli for continued development of this awesome kit.

#978 6 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Welcome... To the world of tomorrow!
http://nuprometheus.com/pinball/TRON/ramps/test/settings.html
(Very much a work in progress, and will probably break your ancient version of IE, but feel free to complain about it if that makes you happy. I fracking hate web development.)

That is freaking AWESOME !!!

#979 6 years ago

Dang!

I'm a little overzealous...

#980 6 years ago

This looks remarkably well done, especially the hardware under the pf. The settings generator page sets it over the top. Great job

#981 6 years ago

Fixed the z-layering bug, at least on the major Mac browsers.

#982 6 years ago

Really awesome - Love the easy customization. By looking at the browser, my favorite mode is PULSE. It'll be a little different when you are actually looking at the ramps on the game.
Can't wait for production

#983 6 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Fixed the z-layering bug, at least on the major Mac browsers.

Much better!

#984 6 years ago

Nice job as always! Looking forward to the kits!

#985 6 years ago

Attaching pic of my install. Note - light boxes each rotated 90 degrees from other installs I have viewed and fiber optics cables enter side by side horizontally. Used one standoff per each light box instead of two each cause that is all I had to work with.

Next I started tracking down light bleed onto inserts and grabbed roll of blue painters tape dubbed Trontape and some strips of white cardboard and didn't stop until light was contained. Probably overdid it a little.

Tron_Ramps.jpg

#986 6 years ago

You contained the Hell out of that light bleed.

My paranoid side is a little worried about the flammability of that painters tape though. Did you try an additional length of heat shrink for the "internal" part of the fiber optic?

#987 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

New version of the ramp code is available in the googledocs link. I would highly recommend updating to version R2E. Great stuff! BIG Thanks to herg and Eli for continued development of this awesome kit.

Is this new code going to need alteration like the last one did for me? I remember your settings were different than mine and you had sent me some commands to change because my colors were off after updating. Thanks.

#988 6 years ago

Nope, all 11 kits are using the same pinout. Mine is different. You and the others won't have to do anything to r2e as it's for "your kit". I make pinout changes to mine in the software each time I test a new version.

Quoted from treborlicec:

Is this new code going to need alteration like the last one did for me? I remember your settings were different than mine and you had sent me some commands to change because my colors were off after updating. Thanks.

#989 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nope, all 11 kits are using the same pinout. Mine is different. You and the others won't have to do anything to r2e as it's for "your kit". I make pinout changes to mine in the software each time I test a new version.

Got it installed. Pretty cool. I like the alternating ramp flashes at key points. Unless mine is wonky, it looks like you guys put some other effects where each ramp is a different color outside of LCMB. I'm playing Tron way more than ACDC these days.

#990 6 years ago

ok, I will take a quick video just to give you a reference of color of the ramps during game play and attract mode with r2e.

#992 6 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

Unless mine is wonky, it looks like you guys put some other effects where each ramp is a different color outside of LCMB.

LCMB - blue/yellow pulsing
2X active - purple/black fast alternating in 1 second bursts
Disc hits - red/black fast alternating for a few seconds
SOS qualified - blue/white smooth alternating

I think that might be the only cases where both ramps aren't the same.

#993 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

LCMB - blue/yellow pulsing
2X active - purple/black fast alternating in 1 second bursts
Disc hits - red/black fast alternating for a few seconds
SOS qualified - blue/white smooth alternating
I think that might be the only cases where both ramps aren't the same.

That is the other one I saw. Cool. These ramp lights are making me play better. I've been to portal 5 or 6 times this week. Still can't complete the dang thing.

#994 6 years ago

Anything you see that doesn't seem quite right, please report it. Even if you're not sure whether it's a bug, we can always say "Working as intended". The more info the better, and if you can give us an exact scenario on how to reproduce it, that's awesome. The best way is to add it to the shared bug document.

#995 6 years ago

Eli, I totally understand if you don't want to answer this so just tell me to shut up if you'd like, but where do things currently stand with the production units? Do you still have changes to make to the hardware, are you waiting for the code to become more tweaked before starting production, or both? Or maybe it is just a matter of your time.

No pressure...I know this mod will be amazing and am willing to wait as long as it takes for it to be it's best...just curious .

Thanks!

#996 6 years ago

The hardware designs are done, there are just a lot of steps between that and getting them into your hands.

The code isn't final, but they could always be shipped "Stern style" if everything else was ready.

#997 6 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

The hardware designs are done, there are just a lot of steps between that and getting them into your hands.
The code isn't final, but they could always be shipped "Stern style" if everything else was ready.

Cant wait!!! "Stern style" sounds good to me. Im so ready to tackle this install!

#998 6 years ago

#999 6 years ago

#1000 6 years ago

Did anyone else use shrink all the way to the LEDs or just stop at the glands( tighteners)?? It worked really well for me with no light escaping at all!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Machine - For Sale
Bolton, CT
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 50.00
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside