IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 35.
#901 10 years ago

I'd like to see a flashing in purple when the ball is going to kick out of the scoop. If that is possible. And it could override any color on the ramp already.

#902 10 years ago

Yes, we had that before but it was interfering with another effect. I forget the specifics. Perhaps a good time to revisit it and add that option. I'll add that to the feature request in the shared document.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'd like to see a flashing in purple when the ball is going to kick out of the scoop. If that is possible. And it could override any color on the ramp already.

#903 10 years ago

Something that works REALLY WELL.. is taking the flasher from the Arcade cabinet for the scoop eject.. and relocate it to under the scoop. It shines up from the inside of the scoop. I just have it pure-White LED.. and it looks AWESOME when it is going to eject the ball.

In the event the light tubes cannot flash, at least the scoop does.. and looks awesome. in my opinion.

#905 10 years ago

I received my package from Eli on Monday and started last night around 11:30pm. I got as far as removing the ramps and the existing sound activated EL wires off the ramps. Tonight I will have to peal off the hot glue used by the previous owner, clean up the outer orbit lane and switch over to white rubbers since everything is exposed.

How did you mount your light engines Sc1f1? I am probably going the aluminum bar route and making a stop at Home Depot during my lunch.

IMG_20130430_214122.jpgIMG_20130430_214122.jpg IMG-20130501-WA0003.jpgIMG-20130501-WA0003.jpg

#906 10 years ago

I used the aluminum bar on mine. It looks stock, if you didn't know better.

#907 10 years ago

I need to get the bar. I just used a tiny screw into the tall plastic stand offs included... not as secure as I'd like. I'll be going the bar route soon. I just spent the last 2 evenings removing me EL wire and moving over to the fiber.

Using the stand off method you really need more fiber Eli. If the engines are facing the PF using the bar you are probably good but if you have to find a spot and use the stand offs I was kind of short on fiber. Also if you mount them facing to the side using the stand offs you will need to make a blinder on the bottom of the engine to stop the light from bleeding up through the inserts.
The bar method you would probably need the heat shrink tube.

They look unreal... now to update the code this evening

#908 10 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

I need to get the bar. I just used a tiny screw into the tall plastic stand offs included... not as secure as I'd like. I'll be going the bar route soon. I just spent the last 2 evenings removing me EL wire and moving over to the fiber.
Using the stand off method you really need more fiber Eli. If the engines are facing the PF using the bar you are probably good but if you have to find a spot and use the stand offs I was kind of short on fiber. Also if you mount them facing to the side using the stand offs you will need to make a blinder on the bottom of the engine to stop the light from bleeding up through the inserts.The bar method you would probably need the heat shrink tube.
They look unreal... now to update the code this evening

I used the standoff method. On the right I used an existing playfield post with a nut and installed there. Nice and secure. On the left I used an existing screw, but I mounted the standoff using a longer and larger (thicker) screw for a more secure fit/hold. They have both held up great, so far.

#909 10 years ago

I used the standoff method. On the right I used an existing playfield post with a nut and installed there. Nice and secure. On the left I used an existing screw, but I mounted the standoff using a longer and larger (thicker) screw for a more secure fit/hold. They have both held up great, so far.

Pictures please.

#910 10 years ago

Pictures please.

IMG_20130427_182644.jpgIMG_20130427_182644.jpg IMG_20130427_182708.jpgIMG_20130427_182708.jpg IMG_20130427_182654.jpgIMG_20130427_182654.jpg

#911 10 years ago

Wow nice job. It never occurred to me to install them that way and with the heat shrink tubing to eliminate the light escape on the inserts. Excellent idea.

#912 10 years ago

Looks good. Thanks for sharing.

#913 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

Looks good. Thanks for sharing.

No problem. I'm going to have to use some black posterboard to make a shield. The disc insert in the pop area still picks up some light.

#914 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wow nice job. It never occurred to me to install them that way and with the heat shrink tubing to eliminate the light Escape on the inserts. Excellent idea.

The instructions mention installing it this way with the stand offs that are included.

Thanks for the pictures it will other to get an idea of how to use the stand offs for mounting.
I have to get the black poster board too

#915 10 years ago

How close to the emitter should I put the fiber cable? Right on it or level with black divider?

#916 10 years ago

The closer the better, it should be touching the LED, that also means it runs through those black spacers for best alignment.

Also it might not require a light shield if you use a separate piece of heat shrink on the "interior" part of the LED engine, it should fit through the hole in the circuit board easily and reach all the way down to the top of the black delrin spacers leaving only a bit of light exposed.

#917 10 years ago

How far out is the production version?

#918 10 years ago

From this picture posted by another tester it looks like a lot of light escapes from these emitters and not only from the wires.

light_engines.jpglight_engines.jpg

#919 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

From this picture posted by another tester it looks like a lot of light escapes from these emitters and not only from the wires.

That is actually how the light is getting to my disc insert since I mounted mine sideways with the standoffs. It is coming from the side of the pcb, not the tubes.

#920 10 years ago

There were no install instructions 10 months ago

Quoted from Sc1f1:

The instructions mention installing it this way with the stand offs that are included.
Thanks for the pictures it will other to get an idea of how to use the stand offs for mounting.I have to get the black poster board too

#921 10 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

The closer the better, it should be touching the LED, that also means it runs through those black spacers for best alignment.
Also it might not require a light shield if you use a separate piece of heat shrink on the "interior" part of the LED engine, it should fit through the hole in the circuit board easily and reach all the way down to the top of the black delrin spacers leaving only a bit of light exposed.

Good idea Eli I'll try that today

thanks again

#922 10 years ago

There was a new ramp lighting build released last night(r1e), so I'd recommend the new owners update their game. Check the shared document in the email you received from Eli for a link. Also, please check the document for active discussions.

Are there some of the 11 new owners awaiting receipt/install of your kits? Just curious.

#923 10 years ago

owners awaiting receipt/install of your kits? Just curious.

I should have mine installed by tonight or tomorrow night hopefully. Spent most of last night cleaning up the glue the previous owner used to install their EL wire and did a quick clean up of the playfield too. Thanks for the update and can't wait to try it out.

#924 10 years ago

Wow nice job. It never occurred to me to install them that way and with the heat shrink tubing to eliminate the light Escape on the inserts. Excellent idea.

Yeah,
I did the heat shrink on my beta kit too.
Sorry, I thought I showed you that

IMG_0995.JPGIMG_0995.JPG

#925 10 years ago

I also have a whack of installation photos. If anyone needs help.
I did the bar method just like the other two beta testers.

This may help some of you trying this:

IMG_0970.JPGIMG_0970.JPG

#926 10 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I also have a whack of installation photos. If anyone needs help.
I did the bar method just like the other two beta testers.
This may help some of you trying this:

What is a good way ro bend the light bar? It is 24 inches long but straight.

#927 10 years ago

PM sent.I am in for final version.

#928 10 years ago

Well how does one bend the light bar?

Finished installing using the standoffs. There was a good amount of insert bleed so ended up using strips of cardboard and tape to close up the openings in the light boxes. Eli walked me though sticking point on software install. Had resisted updating the Stern code until now but updated it too. Threw in 3rd gen cliffy on the arcade scoop and added scoop light. Few more mods to add (speaker panel lights, lighted cycles and black mirror blades).

Eli has made two of the coolest after-market mods with his mini tron arcade and programmable fiber optic ramp lights. How cool are these? Very top notch!

Also updated acdc premium code from 1.0 this weekend.

Lots of pinball testing this weekend.

#929 10 years ago

Thanks for all the updates and install feedback.

So ready for final version!!!!

#930 10 years ago

I did mine by hand and used the edge of this counter top and it sounded very crunchy Drano told me to be careful because the aluminum can be very brittle and can break easy. Once I got the shape I used a hacksaw to cut off the ends and drilled the holes to secure under my playfield. The hardest part or more time consuming part of the install was just drilling the ramps and zip tying the fiber wires otherwise if I was to do it again I could probably have it all done in under 2 hours.

IMG_20130504_003201.jpgIMG_20130504_003201.jpg IMG-20130504-WA0003.jpgIMG-20130504-WA0003.jpg

The first time I turned the game on I was blown away by the stunning and vibrant colors given off by each wire and my favorite effect by far is seeing the ramps light up blue and yellow is light cycle mb. I am planning to update to the latest code posted last week but the code it came pre-loaded seemed to work just fine.

Thanks to Eli for putting together such an amazing mod and to the all testers and coders who have made the current code what it is today!

IMG-20130504-WA0033.jpgIMG-20130504-WA0033.jpg

#931 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It's aluminum, so it'll bend pretty easy. Lay it on the floor, put a piece of wood on top of it with the edge of the wood at the point you want to bend it, step on the wood, and pull up on the bar (as close to the wood as you can). It'll bend.

For the two bends on the end, it's a little more tricky to use the wood trick. I grabbed the end with a pipe wrench and applied some force.

#932 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

For the two bends on the end, it's a little more tricky to use the wood trick. I grabbed the end with a pipe wrench and applied some force.

I opted to leave the left end a bit longer to make bending it easier and cut off the excess because there is plenty to spare.

#933 10 years ago

Great to hear more have their kits installed. I think all but 4 are installed now. Party!

The code installed already in the kit is fine, it works, but there were several updates recently.

Version r1e is in the shared document, but we are testing r1h, so the code is getting tighter and tighter with herg and Eli's collaboration. I'll be testing the double scoring effect tonight to be added in the next update.

#934 10 years ago

The code installed already in the kit is fine, it works, but there were several updates recently.

...and the more people that are using the latest code and reporting bugs via the shared document, the faster we'll be able to improve things.

#935 10 years ago

Outstanding work on this guys....alot of us out here really appreciate all the effort put forth to get us something dependable once its ready!

#936 10 years ago

When I get a Tron this will be first on my list to get!

#937 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I did mine by hand and used the edge of this counter top and it sounded very crunchy Drano told me to be careful because the aluminum can be very brittle and can break easy. Once I got the shape I used a hacksaw to cut off the ends and drilled the holes to secure under my playfield. The hardest part or more time consuming part of the install was just drilling the ramps and zip tying the fiber wires otherwise if I was to do it again I could probably have it all done in under 2 hours.

The first time I turned the game on I was blown away by the stunning and vibrant colors given off by each wire and my favorite effect by far is seeing the ramps light up blue and yellow is light cycle mb. I am planning to update to the latest code posted last week but the code it came pre-loaded seemed to work just fine.
Thanks to Eli for putting together such an amazing mod and to the all testers and coders who have made the current code what it is today!

Nice work Mike!

Eli, any idea how far out we are on the production ready units?
I can't wait to add this to mine!!

#938 10 years ago

Is there a preorder list I can add too ? This stuff looks awesome.

#939 10 years ago

This mod looks great.I have been following progress for months thinking it would never be made available.I would like to get on the list for one of the production models .Thanks for making cool mods for Tron.Thanks again Eli.

#940 10 years ago

Still don't have a firm release date for the production units, but every week it gets a couple days closer!

If you've PMed me or posted here I'll be sure to let you know as soon as they're up for pre-order.

Spent several agonizing hours today looking at boot code so that you guys won't have to install any weird software to do code updates. Just ask the testers, you'll be glad to wait a few extra days in exchange for the convenience.

#941 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What is a good way ro bend the light bar? It is 24 inches long but straight.

Sorry Jeff,
Been a bit occupied these days.

I used a vice for a nice clean bend. Use a mallet for the final few taps. It gives it a nice factory look.

#942 10 years ago

Im gonna have time this weekend to install mine hopefully. Cant wait.

#943 10 years ago

Can't wait to get this on my new Pro, yes the LE is gone

#944 10 years ago

Just completed mine and uploaded r1h

This is the most kickass mod I have ever seen. Eli has really outdone himself. After having it on I would have paid a lot more just to have this on my game

Thx Hobbs

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#946 10 years ago

Does the ramp light with each shot on the ramp or only in certain modes?

#947 10 years ago

Looks greats! Like others, I cannot wait to get the kit onto my Pro!

#948 10 years ago

In the last pic I had the wires switched on the light engines. Everything is 100%. It actually make for a better game as you dont have to keep looking at the dmd to tell what mode your in or its priority.

#949 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Does the ramp light with each shot on the ramp or only in certain modes?

For the most part, it displays a color that corresponds to the highest ranked mode that is currently running. There are also some quick bursts of color in response to certain shots. It does a synchronized countdown at the end of a ball, and a rotating color display during attract.

Of course, all of this is with the included code. It is completely customizable.

#950 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

In the last pic I had the wires switched on the light engines. Everything is 100%. It actually make for a better game as you dont have to keep looking at the dmd to tell what mode your in or its priority.

Has everyone updated their boards to version r1h? This version makes the stacking effect timing better. We are testing a few new effects in the next build now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Trade
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.