Topic Stats

• 1,706 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SuperPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-218.jpg
image-922.jpg
image.jpg
IMAG2871.jpg
20131215_194307.jpg
image.jpg
147517.gif
i-bZQNnNw-XL.jpg
IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 35.
#751 6 years ago

I'm still in for one kit - no doubt about it. I'm fine to wait on the production kit.

This is GONNA BE AWESOME!!

Thank you Eli for all of your work on this!

#752 6 years ago

Did anyone order a kit yet? Can't wait to discuss with another enthusiast

#753 6 years ago

Yeah, I went to the website last week and ordered. It should be here any day now. ...or did I dream that?

Any idea how the lottery is being run and how the winners will be notified?

#754 6 years ago

This is VERY cool!

#755 6 years ago

I'll definitely want in on this. I should be picking up my Tron Pro this weekend.

#756 6 years ago

Am I missing something? Is there a website to order these?

#757 6 years ago

No, sorry. I was making a tongue in cheek comment about the fact that no one really knows how Eli is planning to make these available. luvthatapex2 asked if anyone had ordered, but there's nowhere to order them. There's supposed to be 10 or so development quality systems being made available to early adopters, but unless they've been notified in private, there has been no further info.

#758 6 years ago

Gotcha. There is a lot of mystery here. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

#759 6 years ago

Right, I assumed Eli contacted the first 10 and orders were placed. Guess not.

Quoted from herg:

No, sorry. I was making a tongue in cheek comment about the fact that no one really knows how Eli is planning to make these available. luvthatapex2 asked if anyone had ordered, but there's nowhere to order them. There's supposed to be 10 or so development quality systems being made available to early adopters, but unless they've been notified in private, there has been no further info.

#760 6 years ago

Or maybe he did, and no one that he contacted is talking about it. That seems a bit unlikely, though.

#761 6 years ago

Nope, no orders yet. I just finished up the last $%&&^* wiring harness last night. The plan is to offer them to a couple of people who've already been recommended as good testers and then just start down the list of people who have contacted me or posted here.

I hope to program a little setup to do at least minimal testing of the controller boards and get some basic installation instructions started tonight.

#762 6 years ago

Ain't it fun doing tedious stuff like building harnesses? LOL. I would bring all my wire and stuff with me to work and cut and measure wire and crimp connectors during my breaks when I've sold those splitter harnesses.

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

I just finished up the last $%&&^* wiring harness last night.

OMG, I *FEEL* your pain on that. There's a picture of my pile of cables in my LED OCD thread.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-ocd-advanced-lamp-controller-shipping-with-wait-list/page/2#post-719632

Quoted from Frax:

cut and measure wire

I should post pictures or maybe video of the ghetto contraption I built to measure and cut wire for mine. It saves me a ton of time, but it looks like garbage.

#764 6 years ago

LOL...I just used a length of wire to measure with, then used the strippers to cut them to same length. Thankfully, I'm only dealing with 2.5" sections.

#765 6 years ago

120907_snail1_450x340.jpg

#766 6 years ago

douche.jpg

#767 6 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Nope, no orders yet. I just finished up the last $%&&^* wiring harness last night. The plan is to offer them to a couple of people who've already been recommended as good testers and then just start down the list of people who have contacted me or posted here.
I hope to program a little setup to do at least minimal testing of the controller boards and get some basic installation instructions started tonight.

I cannot think of a pinsider that would qualify as a better tester for these than Herg.

#769 6 years ago

Tron_Snail.jpg

#770 6 years ago

I am in for the final version when its available. I have EL wire for now to keep me happy, but I want this LED kit when its available! Add me to the list PM sent !!

#771 6 years ago

Simply great! . I am still longingly looking forward to the mod! . Tank you agin for all yor time and work!

#772 6 years ago

I have a spare set of the TRON pro ramps if anyone is interested to get them for this fantastic mod.

#773 6 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

I have a spare set of the TRON pro ramps if anyone is interested to get them for this fantastic mod.

Price? I may be interested.

#774 6 years ago

Uhm. Kit, wut? Did Eli open this up?

*looks at the thread*

#775 6 years ago

Omg tron snails cycles so awesome.

#776 6 years ago

I just ordered a tron pro yesterday... and so, I want this kit sooo bad.. put me down for one!

#777 6 years ago

As I said on Page 6 I'm in on either kit. Just PM me with where to send my money.
This is going to one of the best Mods to date.

#778 6 years ago

+1 for being interested!

#779 6 years ago

In the manufacturing world this is what we call a "long lead time item". The good news is everyone has had plenty of time to save up the cash to buy it.

#780 6 years ago
Quoted from geet84:

The good news is everyone has had plenty of time to save up the cash to buy it.

Oh, shoot. That's what we were supposed to be doing all this time?

#781 6 years ago

OK, I've sent out PMs about the developer versions.

Basically I'm discouraging people from getting them unless they're gung-ho, so we'll see how far down the list I get once people start responding. I'll still contact everyone when we approach the final release.

Parts.jpg Boxes.jpg

#782 6 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

OK, I've sent out PMs about the developer versions.
Basically I'm discouraging people from getting them unless they're gung-ho, so we'll see how far down the list I get once people start responding. I'll still contact everyone when we approach the final release.

Great news. You really look like you have it neat and simplified.

#783 6 years ago

Hurray, now it gets real for 11 more people!!!!!

#784 6 years ago

Yahooo!!!!
Im still gunghoe available for testing, in case someone bails out. This is like a crazy fiber optic light cycle dream abou to come true

#785 6 years ago

Looks great! Very exciting!

#786 6 years ago

Very exciting this is finally about to all happen. Congrats to the creators.

Can't wait to get my hands on this when my number comes up in the que.

#787 6 years ago

YAY this is finally happening!! Let me know when the final versions are ready for sale ! I am ready and waiting to hit BUY !!

#788 6 years ago

I am out btw but curious as to how hard the install really will be? You have to drill (solder hole) the ramps and than wire. Any soldering required or hard part I am missing. Just curious because everyone is so excited but I don't think some realize that this is not a 5 minute install.

Best of luck Ecurtz, your mods are fantastic. The arcade mod is really as far as i can see the best of all time. I really hope you make some dollars for all this effort. Only reason I am out is I traded my pro for the LE.

#789 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Hurray, now it gets real for 11 more people!!!!!

Can't wait to get mine even though I have Kim's sound activated kit on mine. I will probably just trade for the latest two girl translite from the 3rd run my friend who got his first NIB last week. Thanks for all your hard work and updates Eli.

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

You have to drill (solder hole) the ramps and than wire.

You can if you want to, but you can also use scotch tape. Also, using a soldering iron to create a hole in the ramp is really easy - I don't think that really counts as soldering. It's not like you have to have a temperature controlled soldering station or risk lifting traces.

#791 6 years ago

Using scotch tape though wouldn't look really attractive?

#792 6 years ago

I'll say, i'm going to try and emulate what Stern did, and use drilled holes. I drilled a hole on my pinbot for a Cliffy I installed, no big deal. One recommendation I could throw out there, use a battery powered hand-held drill with a small bit. Much more control.

#793 6 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

I'll say, i'm going to try and emulate what Stern did, and use drilled holes. I drilled a hole on my pinbot for a Cliffy I installed, no big deal. One recommendation I could throw out there, use a battery powered hand-held drill with a small bit. Much more control.

Also, use a bit made to drill plastic. The edges are ground so that the cutting edge does not bite into the material thus pulling it through or up the drill.

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

using a soldering iron to create a hole in the ramp is really easy - I don't think that really counts as soldering.

+1

I did this when I installed the Cliffy ramp protectors and it worked awesome...

#795 6 years ago

Very interested in one of these as well I just picked up a tron not long ago. PM me when available.

#796 6 years ago

I used a dremel with a small bit to make the holes for the clear zip ties. It was quick and easy. The dremel gives you control since i was unsure i could hold a drill steady. I think one of the other guys used a soldering pencil.

#797 6 years ago

I just used a drill and it worked fine but I like the dremel idea. If I did it again I would use a dremel tool. You guys are going to love this kit it is just icing on a great Tron.

#798 6 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

+1
I did this when I installed the Cliffy ramp protectors and it worked awesome...

I did the exact same thing. Worked great and was very quick, easy, with no mess.

#799 6 years ago

The only reason I don't do the 'melting' method is excess plastic builds up on the bottom and top of the ramp, and you have to rip it off or yank or whatever. YMMV

#800 6 years ago

I think I may use a set of stepped drill bits.. these tend to not bite as much as a traditional drill bit.
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece-titanium-nitride-coated-high-speed-steel-step-drills-91616.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside