IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 35.
#651 11 years ago

looks like Christmas!

#652 11 years ago

OoooOOOooooOO Fantastic! Wont be long now then eh?

PM me with details of payment and consider it money in the bank! HUZZAH!!

#653 11 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Sorry, I know people are waiting patiently for updates. Here's a picture of the current state of my coffee table to help tide you over.

Oh my god. That's not nice, man. That's like taking 40 pounds of cocaine to a rehab center...

#654 11 years ago

Can I pay early to reserve?

#655 11 years ago

Drool. Eli - you don't look like you have nearly enough of these made yet..

#656 11 years ago

Sweet, super excited. My money is waiting.

#657 11 years ago

Will this mod work with any code version?

I'm running 1.7 until I get tired of it.

#658 11 years ago

Looks great! I have also been posting in this thread for quite some time, thus I also am quite excited that the is nearing completion! My TRON will also love the mod! Nice work all!

#659 11 years ago

Yes, it will work with any version of the PRO code and probably LE code too, though of course I am unable to test the LE at the moment

Quoted from rai:

Will this mod work with any code version?
I'm running 1.7 until I get tired of it.

#660 11 years ago

One of the best parts of this thread was when we learned from the testers that the code update didn't require any big changes to the code. Not that I'm expecting many more code updates to my favorite table but it's nice to know the mod can survive one!

#661 11 years ago

Definitely count me and add me on the list

#662 11 years ago

Demand for this is going to be insane. I need to watch pinside like a hawk so I can get in once ordering/pre-ordering starts!

#663 11 years ago

I can't wait. I have a new Tron that I bought to operate, and I'm holding out on putting it on location until I can get this mod installed. Looks like a lot of players are gonna be happy soon!

#664 11 years ago

Whats the rumored price on this now? 400-500? 500+?

#665 11 years ago

$400 was the estimate.

#666 11 years ago

$400 for something this complex from a hardware and software engineering perspective would be a steal for the buyer. This mod alone will add way more than $400 value to Tron Pro.

Eli should be rewarded for his efforts... and rewarded generously.

#667 11 years ago

PUT ME DOWN FOR 1

#668 11 years ago

When release is announced, it will be a race to see who can paypal the cash the quickest, lol.

Hopefully there is quite a bit inventory ready to go. Can't wait!

#671 11 years ago

I would love to purchase this set too. This is gonna need a MOD OF THE YEAR award!

#672 11 years ago

Everyone's at the gates, waiting for them to open up. *bang bang bang*

The arcade mod, while it's still #1 on the list for Tron .. is about to get usurped by Eli's..

#673 11 years ago

I consider the arcade mod "mine" anyway, so I guess I'm safe for now.

(Not to short change Jeremy, who designed the cabinet and Mark who upgraded that, but I sourced the screen and wrote all the code.)

#674 11 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

(Not to short change Jeremy, who designed the cabinet and Mark who upgraded that, but I sourced the screen and wrote all the code.)

So, what was your paypal address again? Ready when you are.

#675 11 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Oh snap! You're THAT Eli! Well job well done! The two best mods in pinball ever, made by the same guy.... Hmmmm.... Awesomeness...

#676 11 years ago

Count me in on this one too as I also wait for the arcade mod. Excellent work on these things!

#677 11 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

It is your mod. Without the code running on the screen the arcade mod would not exist.
The ramp mod is the cake and the Arcade mode is the icing on the top of the cake.

#678 11 years ago

Eli, my bad. I forgot about that little detail (your code, your screen).

Ridiculously fantastic piece of work. I'm tempted to pick up a spare because it may die some day, and I just can't be having any of that..

#679 11 years ago

I'm very interested in this mod, but am lost in the sea of responses.
Pardon me for being so naive, but where can I get the wiring (is it EL wiring?) to line my ramps as I've heard a few of you describe? ...and will that wiring be compatible with this mod, or will the mod use its own specific?

#680 11 years ago

There's a separate thread for EL wiring here:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-with-el-wire

EL wire looks great, but it's a single color and it uses a high voltage power source which can cause noise in your optos if you're not careful (details are in the thread.)

This uses clear fiber optic cable and Red Green Blue controlled LEDs so it can vary the colors. It's basically the same system used in the LE version of TRON.

#681 11 years ago

Eli, I cannot think of anything pinball-related that has excited me as much as your wonderful creation here. I love the arcade mod and together with the ultra-cool ramps...well, I just cant thank you enough for the time and effort you are putting in on this project. You are a great contribution to pinball and I sure appreciate it! PS....is this enough smooching up to get me a guaranteed spot in line? I could go on for days if need be.

#682 11 years ago

Thanks, Eli. I appreciate all of the help. I'd also like to echo the applause you deserve for your mods!

#683 11 years ago

ok, now no more posting until it's finished, haha. Every time I see this thread I have to check to see if it's done.

#684 11 years ago

Here is what we did wrong here. We should have all got together and bought Eli a Tron and we would have already had this mode. The poor guy is designing and making one of the greatest mods of all time without having the game.

ELI, next time you have an amazing mod idea like this and don't have a game, please contact me and I will be your investing partner and buy you the game.

#685 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

ELI, next time you have an amazing mod idea like this and don't have a game, please contact me and I will be your investing partner and buy you the game.

Makes sense, he's going to sell hundreds of these kits and I hope makes a decent profit, so investing in a test machine seems like a good idea to help things move along.

#686 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

$400 for something this complex from a hardware and software engineering perspective would be a steal for the buyer. This mod alone will add way more than $400 value to Tron Pro.
Eli should be rewarded for his efforts... and rewarded generously.

I whole-heartedly agree with this all the way around. I'm 10 kinds of excited about this and am still in for one....

#687 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Here is what we did wrong here. We should have all got together and bought Eli a Tron and we would have already had this mode. The poor guy is designing and making one of the greatest mods of all time without having the game.

I actually bought a Tron a few months ago and, being local to Eli, offered to lend it to him until he's finished with the mod. He declined! I guess the beta tester system was already in place and working well enough by that point.

#688 11 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

I actually bought a Tron a few months ago and, being local to Eli, offered to lend it to him until he's finished with the mod. He declined! I guess the beta tester system was already in place and working well enough by that point.

Goodman Bobby!

#689 11 years ago

It's not really an exclusive thing anymore: Many other machines can have these lights.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/designing-a-eatpm-ramp-mod-using-el-wire#post-734984

#690 11 years ago

Seriously getting anxious here. I have an entire box full of mods that I refuse to put on my machine until I get this one mod.

#691 11 years ago
Quoted from b_koenig:

Seriously getting anxious here. I have an entire box full of mods that I refuse to put on my machine until I get this one mod.

I understand. Maybe you should try other games?

#692 11 years ago
Quoted from b_koenig:

Why wait? Put them on and enjoy them...you could be waiting a while if you don't....

#693 11 years ago

This mod does not affect any other mods. go put them on!!!

1 week later
#694 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

It's not really an exclusive thing anymore: Many other machines can have these lights.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/designing-a-eatpm-ramp-mod-using-el-wire#post-734984

This is an exclusive thing because it is not EL Wire...it is fibre that will change color based on game play.

Can't wait for this mod! I recently got the 2.1V Arcade Mod and am blown away with how cool it is. Thanks Eli!!!!!!

#695 11 years ago

Whenever this post bumped after being dormant for a week or so I cross my fingers and take a peek.

Once again

#696 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Wow, for someone who hates TRON with a passion, you sure do seem to do a ton of lurking in all of the TRON specific threads.

Eli, thanks again for all of your help, man. My "standard" EL Wire is in (and I love it), I'm ready to switch over to your solution when it's ready.

#697 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

My "standard" EL Wire is in (and I love it), I'm ready to switch over to your solution when it's ready.

How did you attach the EL Wire to the ramps? Will it be similar to Eli's fiber?

#698 11 years ago

I followed this post damn near line-by-line:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-step-by-step-instructions-for-the-el-wire-mod#post-734900

BTW, drilling with the ramps off is the way to go - the ramps are easy off, easy on. ...oh and I threaded my wire up from the bottom and so I didn't need to cut and crimp as noted in the thread above.

#699 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

you sure do seem to do a ton of lurking in all of the TRON specific threads

A "lurker" is someone who does not post. I post here, so that would mean you clearly don't understand what a lurker is. Thanks for showing your ignorance of the term though!

11 months of waiting now?

#700 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

11 months of waiting now?

Nah, actually I just got mine but a few days ago, but yeah I think others have been waiting for quite some time. I'm thinking/hoping it'll be well worth the wait for those individuals.

That's in fact why I check this thread, because A) I own a TRON Pro; B) I really do want this mod.

For you to "lurk" here waiting for your opportunity to post with your criticism baffles me, but hey, to each their own.

You obviously enjoy the "lurking" and you do help keep this site "entertaining."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.