IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 35.
#601 11 years ago

The board only has 6 available PWM outputs and those are being used for the left and right ramps. If you were willing to share colors between the ramps or between one ramp and the topper you could split the signal.

Alternately there are four open and usable digital pins. That's how I was doing the synchronized under cabinet light demo. That was driven by a board that uses a simple serial protocol (the shiftbar from www.macetech.com) so it could set the left and right strips to match the colors of the ramps.

I have no idea what is in those little self contained remote controlled RGB lights like the pinballtoppers.com speakers use. It might be trivial to connect to them, but it's more likely to be a single unmarked chip covered with epoxy.

#602 11 years ago

I have picked up nearly every mod that I want for my machine except this one. I don't even have my machine yet (February run). I'm not sure which I'm more excited about - The ramp lighting or the machine itself!

#603 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

You've got this game. It plays pinball today for the most part.
The balls roll over things and it goes "ding" when it should. The score goes up too.
But that's not enough...
You think it needs something.
You want pretty little strings of lights. You even want it to go on and off and change color...
You think that will make your machine "special".
You've been waiting like a good little boy for eight months hoping somone will help you...
You don't even know what it will cost, but you are "in".
$500+ for lights. LOL

You had me at ..."pretty little strings of lights"

#604 11 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

The board only has 6 available PWM outputs and those are being used for the left and right ramps. If you were willing to share colors between the ramps or between one ramp and the topper you could split the signal.
Alternately there are four open and usable digital pins. That's how I was doing the synchronized under cabinet light demo. That was driven by a board that uses a simple serial protocol (the shiftbar from http://www.macetech.com) so it could set the left and right strips to match the colors of the ramps.
I have no idea what is in those little self contained remote controlled RGB lights like the pinballtoppers.com speakers use. It might be trivial to connect to them, but it's more likely to be a single unmarked chip covered with epoxy.

Most of the RGB LED's appear to have a standard 4 wire hook up connects with the RGB controllers. I haven't used them before so I'm not sure what kind of signal is on those 4 wires. I was assuming it was using the same PWM technique that you're driving the ramp RGB led's with.

So will the 4 digital pins you used to sync the under cab lighting to the ramps be available on your finished mod or is that something you were just playing around with? I would think you could drive the speaker lights with the same kind of strips (just smaller size) used for the under cab lights.

The hardest part of all this is decoding what the game is doing to know what colors to make the ramps so they sync with the game modes. Since your mod is already doing this, having the ability to drive additional lights (under cab, topper, speaker lights, etc) should be easy to add on. If your mod could do this then it would surpass the real Tron LE for its light show possibilities.

#605 11 years ago

I am in exactly same situation as u...getting the new February run...dint have it yet, already ordered a bunch of mods....but THIS mod is what I'm most excited about ! Cannot wait till they are ready!! Just hope that it will be easy to install...not very tech savvy at all...

Quoted from b_koenig:

I have picked up nearly every mod that I want for my machine except this one. I don't even have my machine yet (February run). I'm not sure which I'm more excited about - The ramp lighting or the machine itself!

#606 11 years ago

Curious if the new code update will make mode start/stop recognition easier. Sounds like there were updates to flashers, so perhaps this will be helpful.

#607 11 years ago

This thing in WIP forever?

#608 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

This thing in WIP forever?

See videogame reference: Duke Nukem Forever

#609 11 years ago

I hope the new code does not slow down this project.

#610 11 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

It will. Everyone knows that, except the naive.

Don't worry, he said you can code it yourself...

#611 11 years ago

Actually there couldn't be a better time for a code update.

This way we can see what we need to adjust with an update. Until now we didn't have any way to know. Since the game is fully coded for lamps and solenoids, the changes should be minor to the ramp code logic. We'll see. I will update my game this weekend.

Quoted from 6S3NC3:

#612 11 years ago

The code in this mod is trivial. I have written literally millions of lines of code professionally.

The delays, as they have been the entire time, are because

A) I'm not a hardware guy, so there have been several revisions which each involve lots of waiting around.

B) I'm relying on (eager and helpful, but remote) volunteer testers because I don't have a machine here.

#613 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

the changes should be minor...

Yeah right.

It's going to take a ton of analysis of the new Stern code.

It's likely going to be a MAJOR re-code of your MOD.

Yeah, you are lucky the users didn't have to deal with this on their own. That would have been a real problem for them and their machines. Everyone would have had a real problem then.

Give these people an update ASAP. They have been waiting for nearly a year.

#614 11 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

The code in this mod is trivial. I have written literally millions of lines of code professionally.
The delays, as they have been the entire time, are because
A) I'm not a hardware guy, so there have been several revisions which each involve lots of waiting around.
B) I'm relying on (eager and helpful, but remote) volunteer testers because I don't have a machine here.

Think he was talking about the code in Tron itself, not your code.

It's amazing what you've been able to do, we're all just chomping at the bit...not that you don't not that. lol.

2 weeks later
#615 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I will update my game this weekend

Its been two weeks

#616 11 years ago

Any news on the progression of this most awesome mod?

#617 11 years ago

Have my first pin on the way....NIB Tron Pro....You can def. put me on this list of waiters!!

#618 11 years ago

Anybody getting tired of waiting and using other alternatives? Love to hear these.

It is time for these guys to DELIVER. People might move on to other solutions...

One of the reasons I passed on Tron Pro was because I would not put my experience and enjoyment in the hands of a third party who's product might not perform or be delivered as expected.

Glad I didn't do it. I am genuinely sorry for the rest of you who have been waiting.

#619 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Anybody getting tired of waiting and using other alternatives? Love to hear these.
It is time for these guys to DELIVER. People might move on to other solutions...
One of the reasons I passed on Tron Pro was because I would not put my experience and enjoyment in the hands of a third party who's product might not perform or be delivered as expected.
Glad I didn't do it. I am genuinely sorry for the rest of you who have been waiting.

I'm sorry your enjoyment of the game relies solely on this mod.

This "third party" you refer to are hobbyists, not Stern or any other business. Even if it were never to get delivered, no promises have been made and no money has been taken. It is, as has always been stated, a work in progress with many bugs that had to be sorted and hardware issues to be addressed before it is stable enough to ask people to pay good money for.

#620 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I'm sorry your enjoyment of the game relies solely on this mod.

Not totally. Finally, the Stern software was updated to fix the extra ball issue, that's a plus.

But this lighted ramps issue is still unresolved. Tron needs this to be "right". The LE was right. The pro is missing this and other things.

These poor Tron owners who didn't get the LE that had the lighted ramps and features where hoping that this would solve their problem. Well after almost a year of waiting, it has not been delivered.

#621 11 years ago

Thank goodness for the ignore button.....Trolls are so anoying

#622 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

But this lighted ramps issue is still unresolved. Tron needs this to be "right". The LE was right. The pro is missing this and other things.

Your issue seems to be that the Pro isn't the LE. That has nothing to do with this mod.

I did the EL wire mod to my pro and it looks great. Cheap and easy. When they iron out the bugs to this mod I'll get one and it will be even better. In the meantime my pro plays great and looks great too. No issues. It's just not an LE.

#623 11 years ago

Please, don't feed the trolls. That guy got ignored months ago. And I don't use that button lightly.

#624 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Please, don't feed the trolls. That guy got ignored months ago. And I don't use that button lightly.

Example of a personal attack, bypassing the ignore feature, defeating the design of the website creator. BIG thumbs down.

#625 11 years ago

Not sure what the other poster said, since he is in my ignore list,but i guess at this time we can give a small update.

I have been running what we believe will be the production board for the past 2 weeks. This was tested with the latest tron 1.74 code that was just released. The other beta testers have the board too, so all 3 of us are now on the same platform. So far I have made minor changes to the aesthetics of a couple of modes, but basically the code is unchanged and works great. Its good to know since we can never guess if Lyman will give us another update, but if he does nothing will need to be changed with the base code.

I can't give you any other update than this at this time. I'm sure when Eli is ready, he will let you know the next step. As far as i am concerned the code is ready for first release.

#626 11 years ago

^^
Thanks to you and Eli for all your work! When it's ready, I'm in.

#627 11 years ago

Can you post a new video of how it plays?

#628 11 years ago

You guys are pinball heroes, don't let any a$$ holes get you down. I for one feel lucky that I might be able to buy this mod one day.

#629 11 years ago

I bet your $100 that the FH Tron plays better than a Real Tron.

#630 11 years ago

Great news. I also am in for one when its ready

#631 11 years ago

I'm fired up. When this thing is released it is going to sell fast. I hope I see it when it is first posted so I can get on it in a hurry. I have a feeling if you are snoozing you may be waiting for a while to get one.

#632 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Not totally. Finally, the Stern software was updated to fix the extra ball issue, that's a plus.
These poor Tron owners who didn't get the LE that had the lighted ramps and features where hoping that this would solve their problem. Well after almost a year of waiting, it has not been delivered.

You have stated where you stand on this clearly enough propoganda. Now please let others discuss this mod without it turning into a negative back and forth exchange.

#633 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

You guys are pinball heroes, don't let any a$$ holes get you down. I for one feel lucky that I might be able to buy this mod one day.

I also cant believe that people can have a go at someone for trying to deliver something to help other pinheads out???!?!

#634 11 years ago

There is only one user on these boards I have ever added to the ignore list. Looks like he's at it again...

#635 11 years ago

And according to his info, he doesn't even own a Tron.

#636 11 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

There is only one user on these boards I have ever added to the ignore list. Looks like he's at it again...

Id looooooove to see a list of 'Most Ignored People'

Bet I know who would win.

#637 11 years ago

as you miss out on the $1000 TAF down the street from you house, because that person posts one for sale, and you didn't see it because he's on your ignore list.

#638 11 years ago

I'm willing to take that chance.

#639 11 years ago

I'm am willing to take that chance also. He is the only person on this site I have ignored...thanks goodness....for the option...

#640 11 years ago

I want one. Is there a waiting list?

1 week later
#641 11 years ago

Sorry, I know people are waiting patiently for updates. Here's a picture of the current state of my coffee table to help tide you over.

LED_Components.jpgLED_Components.jpg

#643 11 years ago

Seconds

#644 11 years ago

yeeeeaaaaah! this is happening. PSYCHED.

#645 11 years ago

I'm late to the party but count me in for a set

#646 11 years ago

Huzzah!

#647 11 years ago

This looks amazing best best news of the day!!

#648 11 years ago

How long do you think until these Will be ready?

#649 11 years ago

Yep I would be in for one of these as well....they look like they are going to be an excellent addition

#650 11 years ago

i don't even have a tron yet and i want one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.