IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 35.
#551 11 years ago

There is no lamp, flasher or solenoid associated with the tilt.

Since the TILT causes the start button to turn off, the game would go into ramp attract mode, so actually yes, you will get a series of ramp colors until the ball ejects

Quoted from asnatlas:

luvthatapex2, would it be hard to add like Yellow for tilt warnings and Red for a Tilts or something along those lines ??

#552 11 years ago

Do you plan on using PWM for some of the ramp effects? It seems a lot of the flashes seem out of place (Especially since they're the only LEDs in the game), and a fade would clean that up a lot. A curve similar to the right flasher or rectifier flash would be a nice touch.

Depending on your hardware, something like shiftPWM might work, or hardware PWM/analog pins if you have enough of them left.

#553 11 years ago

It's using hardware PWM. There aren't currently any on/off transitions, but it wouldn't be too difficult to add those. We still have a few stray mode triggers and the like to clean up before the fine adjustments like that though.

#554 11 years ago

Wow great progress on this! My Tron Pro has been sitting in pieces neglected as I took a break. Put me down for one when these go into production...

1 week later
#555 11 years ago

Beautiful! I'm in for a set!!

#556 11 years ago

Damnit, I see activity in this thread and I get excited..

#557 11 years ago

Haha! We all do. I'm surprised we don't crash the server every time someone posts something to this thread - and now I'm guilty too. Sorry!

#558 11 years ago

Well if you want an update:

The software sits where it was 2 weeks ago (see previous videos) and is undergoing constant play testing. There are some bugs but it's basically stable. I think the features we have added are very fun. Playing the PRO with ramp lighting has totally spoiled me. I think everyone will love this mod and enjoy making new combinations and versions of their own.

In a week or so, we will take a day and fix the bugs and that will be version 1.

Eli will have to update you on his plan for the hardware.

#559 11 years ago

I'm in on this as it looks awesome.

#560 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

undergoing constant play testing

This is like that postcard you get from a relative on vaca in Hawaii "Wish you were here!"

#561 11 years ago

Well if you want an update:
The software sits where it was 2 weeks ago (see previous videos) and is undergoing constant play testing. There are some bugs but it's basically stable. I think the features we have added are very fun. Playing the PRO with ramp lighting has totally spoiled me. I think everyone will love this mod and enjoy making new combinations and versions of their own.
In a week or so, we will take a day and fix the bugs and that will be version 1.
Eli will have to update you on his plan for the hardware.

// Error: Image 66132 not found // tumblr_m0scugsLut1r786ovo1_500.jpgtumblr_m0scugsLut1r786ovo1_500.jpg

#562 11 years ago

Like the theme, refuse to say 'SO IN ON THIS PREORDER RIGHT NOW' until we hear more info.

edit: meant for the Star Trek thread...for some reason it posted here?

#563 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Playing the PRO with ramp lighting has totally spoiled me.

+1
I cannot imagine my Tron without this mod. It makes a great game that much better.
As Frank points out, the bugs are minor and it is very stable in its current state. I'm really looking forward to the day Eli announces these for sale. It'll be bigger than a new pin relase

Big congratulations to Eli and Frank for getting this where it needed to be.

#564 11 years ago

Still hoping you guys add the FO ladder lights during SoS start, similar to end-of-ball bonus. From the last vid where you got to SoS it wasn't in there.

#565 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

1 soul for sale, immediately. Your cost? 500$.

Sure hope it isn't anywhere close to 500... hate to have to sit this mod out

#566 11 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

Sure hope it isn't anywhere close to 500... hate to have to sit this mod out

Gonna be 400 minimum from previous posts.

#567 11 years ago

Was that the figure from Eli or was that someones elses estimate? I think I remember seeing that now as well, I'll have to go back and check.

Lol and I'm not suggesting it isn't 'worth' that much, just hoping it's priced within the range of my marital embelzement fund

#568 11 years ago

Hats of to Eli and Frank and all the beta testers.

Blowingmind2.gifBlowingmind2.gif

#569 11 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Not a promise, but Q1 2013 seems likely at this point.

I chant this whilst rocking back and forth every night before bed.

#570 11 years ago

You've got this game. It plays pinball today for the most part.

The balls roll over things and it goes "ding" when it should. The score goes up too.

But that's not enough...

You think it needs something.

You want pretty little strings of lights. You even want it to go on and off and change color...

You think that will make your machine "special".

You've been waiting like a good little boy for eight months hoping somone will help you...

You don't even know what it will cost, but you are "in".

$500+ for lights. LOL

#571 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

The balls roll over things and it goes "ding" when it should. The score goes up too.

But that's not enough...

You want pretty little strings of lights. You even want it to go on and off and change color...

You've been waiting like a good little boy for eight months hoping somone will help you...

$500+ for lights. LOL

Some people like mods. I think this one looks like an amazing one, and depending on price, I am in. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Mocking other people because it is something they might like is kind of asinine imo.

#572 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

$500+ for lights. LOL

Better then 5,000 for lights and 4 drops. NO?

Saying 500 for lights is a bit ignorant. Its more then lights. Spending $220 on an LED kit is lights.

#573 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

But that's not enough...
$500+ for lights. LOL

If you were trying to sound like the jackass, done and done. Thanks for crapping on people's hard work and love of pinball.

#574 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

$500+ for lights. LOL

Can't wait for this mod.

And yes, I'm one of those guys who paid $5000 for a wooden box full of wires, cheap plastic, and blinky bulbs... just like you

#575 11 years ago

I'm not sure about the "Ignored user comment", but I hate having all these options for awesome stuff to spend my money on.

#576 11 years ago

I just ignored my first user!

#577 11 years ago

Iv had that dude ignored for months. Welcome to the club guys!

#578 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I just ignored my first user!

Ho no every Tron post will be shorter for you.

#579 11 years ago

I ignored him a long time ago, best thing I ever did.

#580 11 years ago

Since everyone got excited for the thread activity...

I'm currently waiting on boards (most of the time is spent this way, takes 3 or so weeks to get them run and I'm not a hardware guy so it takes me time to revise the layout also.) This is identical functionality to the one the testers have now but with several parts changed to surface mount so they'll be easier to assemble.

From what I hear the end of ball and game detection is working and the biggest issue left with normal gameplay is some spurious stuff on the multiball modes which are hard to monitor.

As always, sorry things are slow, but that's just how complex hobby dev goes sometimes. The fun parts get worked on quickly, the dull parts not so much.

#581 11 years ago

$500+ for lights. LOL

castanza_thumb3.jpgcastanza_thumb3.jpg

#582 11 years ago

I just picked up a NIB machine and now NEED a set. Please put me down for a set. These are A MUST!

#583 11 years ago
Quoted from b_koenig:

I just picked up a NIB machine and now NEED a set. Please put me down for a set. These are A MUST!

So, that's what replaced your LOTR. Love me some Tron. Also patiently waiting for this kit.

#584 11 years ago

I almost choked laughing so hard.

#585 11 years ago

Thx for the update Eli. Cant wait. I do hope you go in order when shipping starting from page 1

#586 11 years ago

Do we really have to get in line now? If so count me in. I've been lurking for a while, does that count?

#587 11 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Do we really have to get in line now? If so count me in. I've been lurking for a while, does that count?

Nope. It's gonna be like the $100 HDTVs at Walmart on Black Friday. 2 of them and fistfights!

JK, I really have no idea.

#588 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Nope. It's gonna be like the $100 HDTVs at Walmart on Black Friday. 2 of them and fistfights!

JK, I really have no idea.

Totally off topic, but my neighbor actually bought a TV from Wal-Mart on Black Friday. Long story short, he paid like $50 for a ticket from a scalper so he could buy the $600 TV. People have to camp out early to get these "right to buy" tickets so he figured it was worth it.

#589 11 years ago

Will the mod work on the new Tron run?

#590 11 years ago
Quoted from arizonabuck:

Will the mod work on the new Tron run?

Yes

#591 11 years ago

Very good

#592 11 years ago

Since there was never any "list", it would probably make sense for Eli to create some sort of order page, and post a link to it, and first come first served. Any of us that watch this thread would probably get in quick.

#593 11 years ago

I think the talk of a "list" is really over the top. I would imagine if the first batch sells out quickly then Eli and company would make more. Everyone enjoys making a little money for their time and efforts.

#594 11 years ago

Eli needs to go back through this thread. Make a list of everyone who expressed interest. Pm them and wait for them to pay him in order. Or he could just start selling them and the first to send him the money gets the goods. Which one makes more sense to the seller? Asking him to keep a list is asking a lot.

#595 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Since there was never any "list", it would probably make sense for Eli to create some sort of order page, and post a link to it, and first come first served. Any of us that watch this thread would probably get in quick.

I guess YOU think YOU are the mastermind of this project and feel that YOU can tell them what they should be doing?

#596 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Im sure with the amount of interest here, Eli is going to be making PLENTY.

1 week later
#597 11 years ago

Bump to get everyone's hopes up again to find out that it's not available yet.

Seriously, praying that somehow this gets out in time for me to slap it on my Tron 2D for use @ TPF.

#598 11 years ago

I'm going to stop looking unless the "unread" counter hits 20 or so. I'm sure that will take about 30 seconds once there's real info.

1 week later
#599 11 years ago

I don't even have my tron yet....but count me in!!

#600 11 years ago

Will the board that controls the RGB LEDs have a secondary output to control additional RGB LED's?

I ask because I saw that pinballtoppers.com has cool looking speaker light kits that appear to use full color RGB leds. I think it would be cool if the same outputs driving the ramp RGB leds could also control the RGB leds in the speaker light kit so they changed colors with the ramps.

A second set of control ouptuts might also be handy if someone makes a topper that also used RGB leds which would change color in sync with the ramps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,709 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.