Topic Stats

• 1,706 posts
  • 274 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SuperPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-218.jpg
image-922.jpg
image.jpg
IMAG2871.jpg
20131215_194307.jpg
image.jpg
147517.gif
i-bZQNnNw-XL.jpg
IMG_1572.JPG
Capture.PNG
20131011_013235.jpg
Backlash.jpg
i-fJpTQDf-XL.jpg
image.jpg
i-sxWZbFB-L.jpg
Stuck-mud.jpg

There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 35.
#501 7 years ago

I'm surprised no one has made a motor to move the recognizer. Seems straight forward enough.

#502 7 years ago

....because there's no point really

#503 7 years ago
Quoted from FireSlash:

I take it you're using an uno then. The mega has some addressing space issues in 1.0.1 that have yet to be fixed. Are you building custom ATMega boards or is this functioning as a shield? Also are there plans to release the hardware schematics as well?
This will be fun to tinker with.

It's currently using a Teensy 2 in Arduino mode - http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/index.html with some support logic to buffer the signals.

There is a design for a custom board using the ATMega32U4, but that's still being tweaked. I'm designing it along with another person, and we haven't discussed whether to release the design at this point, so I don't know the answer to that part.

#504 7 years ago

Any update on release date? Also how difficult will it be to install kit?

#505 7 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

It's currently using a Teensy 2 in Arduino mode - http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/index.html with some support logic to buffer the signals.
There is a design for a custom board using the ATMega32U4, but that's still being tweaked. I'm designing it along with another person, and we haven't discussed whether to release the design at this point, so I don't know the answer to that part.

The need for logic buffering is kind of interesting. Assuming you're just scraping lamp states, which is the impression i got from reading other posts, you should never really fall behind even at the arduino's 16mhz clock rate. You could even follow the PWM rate in attract mode (is it used anywhere else?) fairly easily, unless reads are somehow significantly more expensive than writes. Just make sure you throw the reading routines into an interrupt so heavier logic doesn't cause a reading gap wide enough to miss something. Even better if you match it against stern's clock rate for the lamps; I assume they're still timing them against zero cross on the Pros to preserve bulb life, so that should be pretty straightforward.

But to be fair I've never worked with the 32u4 so I might be missing some other limitations on that chip specifically. I'm doing some pretty intense stuff with the ATmega2560 though and it's been a trooper.

#506 7 years ago

The bus is mostly empty, but when it does push out the signal to the Power Driver Board it's at something ridiculous like 5MHz. The interrupt on the Teensy could keep up most of the time, but it would always miss some, and then the calculated state of the lamp matrix would go all to Hell.

#507 7 years ago

Oh I see. I've not dug into stern's IO board much so I'll leave you to it. Given you're this far you probably don't need my help

#508 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I believe the moving part is LE-only. You can add LEDs to your Pro recognizer, but I don't know of any mod to make it move.

I want one I just noticed the Pro doesnt have this. I just sold my LE and was trying to make the pro look as close before it leaves forever to CA.

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm surprised no one has made a motor to move the recognizer. Seems straight forward enough.

Its a nice feature really somebody make this please.

#510 7 years ago

Wow this mod is exactly what i was looking for when i joined this site.

Please add me to the list, amazing work!!

#511 7 years ago

Piling on. If there’s a list please add me to it.

#512 7 years ago

Looks amazing, please add me to the list!

#513 7 years ago

Put me on "the list" too. I just ordered a Tron Pro yesterday...(my first NIB ). This mod is the thing that pushed me over the edge to buy the Pro. Stern should be giving you guys a kickback for each one of these machines they sell. Now, must save money for more mods..........

#514 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Any update on release date?

What he said ^^^.... Need this mod in my life!

#515 7 years ago

Not a promise, but Q1 2013 seems likely at this point.

#516 7 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Sounds great, but my opinion is to take your time. The mod looks great thus your steady work is what is paramount (no need to rush).

#517 7 years ago

I look forward to the day i get my hands on it. Thanks for all your hard work.

#518 7 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Woohoo, I am so looking forward to this. Take your time though

So glad i said this 6 months ago on page 3.

Quoted from Cursed:

I cant wait to see how this turns out, put me down for a set definately...

#520 7 years ago

Just a quick update.

We are working on the End Of Ball logic to display the started/completed ladder insert colors on the ramps at end of ball. I like this feature in the LE and we must have it.

If we can accomplish this one, I think we have a complete base to begin refining. One step closer anyway...

#521 7 years ago

That's great!

#522 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Just a quick update.

We are working on the End Of Ball logic to display the started/completed ladder insert colors on the ramps at end of ball. I like this feature in the LE and we must have it.

If we can accomplish this one, I think we have a complete base to begin refining. One step closer anyway...

Agree, this is a must have. Thanks for the update! I assume this will also apply to SoS? Very similar ladder sequence.

#523 7 years ago

Yes, if we get it to tally up the ladder sequence at end of ball, it won't matter what mode you are in when you drain. SOS, Quorra, LC, etc

Quoted from spidey:

Agree, this is a must have. Thanks for the update! I assume this will also apply to SoS? Very similar ladder sequence.

#524 7 years ago

Yes, if we get it to tally up the ladder sequence at end of ball, it won't matter what mode you are in when you drain. SOS, Quorra, LC, etc

What I was actually referring to was the bonus ladder you get when you arrive at SoS, as it slowly moves up the ladder and awards points for completed modes. The FO behavior is just like end of ball bonus, but just slower since they made it more dramatic. So I figured if you got end of ball bonus working, then doing the SoS bonus would be almost "free" to program. Thanks!

#525 7 years ago

Here is a shot of my Tron with Eli’s Fiber ramps.

Drano's black mirror blades.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-made-mirror-blades

My Mini Arcade Cabinet 2.1v
http://www.usbjig.com/tronminicab.html

IMG_0111.JPG

#526 7 years ago

What do the lights do if you earn an extra ball?

#527 7 years ago

Heh, I didn't even consider special or extra ball. What do you want the ramp lighting to do if you score an extra ball or special? What does the LE do when you get an extra ball or special?

Quoted from Propaganda:

#528 7 years ago

Man, I can't wait for this mod. Looking great, like always.

Quoted from Propaganda:

Tron has an extra ball? Doesn't seem like it, but what's sick is my brother in law got here 2 days ago. Last night we were having a mini tourney and he got an extra ball in back to back games, lol. I think hitting the lottery has about the same odds.

#529 7 years ago

Man, i just ordered El wire from coolight.com then I find this thread... Any updates on pricing on this wonderful work?

#530 7 years ago

Heh, I didn't even consider special or extra ball. What do you want the ramp lighting to do if you score an extra ball or special? What does the LE do when you get an extra ball or special?

I think that was a shot at the pro not having an extra ball. All subtle like.

#531 7 years ago

Looking Great! will for sure be xmas all over again when this comes out!

#532 7 years ago

Heh, and I was replying with a serious question. Well, I can add some ramp effects for extra ball or special, if necessary. Maybe some kind of alternating ramp flash since it rarely happens in a color thats rarely used

Quoted from epthegeek:

#533 7 years ago

Heh, and I was replying with a serious question. Well, I can add some ramp effects for extra ball or special, if necessary. Maybe some kind of alternating ramp flash since it rarely happens in a color thats rarely used

The extra ball insert is orange. That would be cool.

#534 7 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!! I would love to buy one once production starts!!

#535 7 years ago

Same here. I suspect that this will be a very, very popular mod once it becomes available.

Lost opportunity for Stern, as far as I'm concerned. I could see well over a thousand of these making their way into our Pros, once the code's ready.

In the meantime .. I apparently have more mods to do..

-Cyan

#536 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I went 6 months without seeing one... Then two in the same day!

#537 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Looking Great! will for sure be xmas all over again when this comes out!

Agreed. I don't even have a Tron Pro yet, but I'm going to hop in line for this, because I know I'll need it once I do get a Tron. To me, this is an essential mod.

#538 7 years ago

It's addictive. I've never felt the need to change a game so much as this one.. and the ramp lights are a big part of it, especially if you've played an LE. I yearn for the blinkie blinks.

#539 7 years ago

Update!

Eli got the end of ball logic working, so now we can flash the ramps the color of started/completed ladder inserts at end of ball. I also added extra ball and special lighting.

Here is a new video of the current state of the modes. A bit more cleanup and this first version will be complete. This video shows two games - a quick game and a more lengthy game completing most of the modes and going through SOS. Enjoy.

#540 7 years ago

video is set to private.

#541 7 years ago

Whoops, try it now.

Quoted from frolic:

video is set to private.

#542 7 years ago

Looks incredible! I was actually contemplating selling my AFM and TRON Pro and getting a TRON LE (plus cash) but this mod is the main thing that holds me back. As such, great job all!

#543 7 years ago

Nice update! Looks like things are coming along nicely. Looking forward to 2013 and installing this on our machine!

#544 7 years ago

Want even more, thanks for the update.

#545 7 years ago

1 soul for sale, immediately. Your cost? 500$.

#546 7 years ago

I hope you make a lot of these 'cause I can see one goin' on every Pro out there!

#547 7 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I hope you make a lot of these 'cause I can see one goin' on every Pro out there!

I would say at least 90% of the TRON PROs on Pinside

#548 7 years ago

Update!
Eli got the end of ball logic working, so now we can flash the ramps the color of started/completed ladder inserts at end of ball. I also added extra ball and special lighting.
Here is a new video of the current state of the modes. A bit more cleanup and this first version will be complete. This video shows two games - a quick game and a more lengthy game completing most of the modes and going through SOS. Enjoy.

Great video, your 2nd game was a great one.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I recently did some mods to my Tron and cant wait for this to finish it off.

#549 7 years ago

I'm going to have to get a Tron just to put one of these in

#550 7 years ago

luvthatapex2, would it be hard to add like Yellow for tilt warnings and Red for a Tilts or something along those lines ??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 1706 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside