• 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by rcbrown316
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140716_010247.jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Thanks for the alignment tip. I readjusted to be straight with the lane guide and I can cradle with the rubber grommet installed. However, still not making the shot. I used a credit card with a slot cut out instead of the Williams tool. I did not replace the bushing with the swap, but when I rebuilt the flippers about a year ago. Haven't had much play time on the machine because my boards were wonky.

If you're ever in the Cleveland area, west side, you're welcome to stop on by and maybe you can see in person something I'm doing incorrectly and teach me.

#52 9 years ago

Ok, on this chart....

http://www.firepowerpinball.com/downloads/PlayfieldParts.pdf

The post at location #10, labeled 'rubber bumper post'.
Does it have a rubber ring on it? These are the thin steel posts that have the tiny rings on them. If so, take the ring off.

-Hans

#53 9 years ago

I bet your flipper angles are off. Move it down slightly and try that.

#54 9 years ago

Just out of curiosity, when I looked at your video of under the playfield. Was just wondering if your flipper return springs are to strong. Just a thought. That and the gap on the EOS looks quite a bit short of 1/8".

Jack

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Ok, on this chart....
http://www.firepowerpinball.com/downloads/PlayfieldParts.pdf
Does it have a rubber ring on it? These are the thin steel posts that have the tiny rings on them. If so, take the ring off.
-Hans

Ok, I took the ring off. Is that ring not supposed to be on there in the first place?

Things I've done today:

Took spinner out
Took Ball Gate out
Jumpered EOS switch (Only a couple of tries so I didn't burn up the coil)
Took out rubber ring

The ball trajectory still falls short most of the time. The ball does make it though. But it sure doesn't hit as hard as the videos posted previously of other machines making the shot.

I cleaned the spinner up and it seems to spin a bit more now. Reinstalled everything other than the rubber on that post.

One last thing to try is switching the left and right coils and see if there's a difference.

#56 9 years ago

This was mine after a complete rebuild and strip down notice at about the 46 second mark my shot through the spinner is weak, after changer my EOS to the metal braced ones and adjusted them to the n'th degree can smash it from a hold now.
Was lucky to get this multi ball whilst filming with a bump through the top roll overs into the lock

#57 9 years ago

Hey Geocab, on another thread you posted a picture of Firepower.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upload-pics-from-android-phone

Your PF looks very clean. Do you have have a new PF with clear coat?

#58 9 years ago

Yes. I bought one at the last Ohio Pinball Show. It's a CPR repro. My last playfield looked pretty worn.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Geocab, I took Han's advice and it made a huge improvement for achieving the shot in my machine.

Hans, THANKS!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#60 9 years ago

I did, but i haven't had much time to test.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

It's a CPR repro.

I'm curious, does a new PF with clear coat play slower? Perhaps the PF is slowing down your shot...

#62 9 years ago

I am on this thread a bit earlier with the same issue. I didnt go and read the last 25 posts but I replaced my flipper coil and cleaned and waxed the PF and it now fires right into that baby from a cradle20140716_010247.jpg20140716_010247.jpg

1 month later
#63 9 years ago

i just waxed the hell outta my plyfield again and this upper lock shot is now the easiest of the three to hit by far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Tools
Pincoder Store

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wth-firepower-upper-lock-shot/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.