Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Mocean
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

03_17_13_1553.jpg
    potc.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballplanet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 10 years ago

OOOOPS! I just bought a Zizzle "Pirates of the Caribbean".
    Ordered it but haven't received it yet. It comes with no manual.
    Anybody know where I can get a manual, even a scanned one?
    Sure I'll make it worth your while! Thanks!!

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

They stopped making them a few years ago. I read that about the flippers as well but mine hasn't had any problems.

Why can't you just change the solenoid and microswitches out for different, more powerful ones?

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Because the whole game runs on one of those laptop transformer power supplies. Not sure what the voltage is (12VDC); but it's not what a regular pinball runs on for solenoid voltages.
    My daughter has one we bought for $89. The original flipper rings were like 1/32" thick (think rubber band). I changed the flipper rubber to a regular flipper ring and the flippers became sluggish just from the added weight of the thickness of the rings.

OOOOUCH!!!

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Because the whole game runs on one of those laptop transformer power supplies. Not sure what the voltage is (12VDC); but it's not what a regular pinball runs on for solenoid voltages.
    My daughter has one we bought for $89. The original flipper rings were like 1/32" thick (think rubber band). I changed the flipper rubber to a regular flipper ring and the flippers became sluggish just from the added weight of the thickness of the rings.

Then how are these other gamers trickin'-up the electronics of the originals to look so cool?

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmaniac:

Nah, I think it was a fluke. The second mine ended someone posted another and it ended up going for $275 if I recall correctly. If $675 was the new going price I would have sold my daughters also.

I have three full-size pinball machines but my five-year old son could not span both
    his arms wide enough to use both flipper buttons at the same time.
    Hence, the perfect size for a lad his age is the Zizzle "Pirates of the Caribbean",
    Dead Man's Chest.
    We just got it, but he really loves that it does (albeit, with less sophisticated electronics) almost the same as Daddy's and I won't let him play it without my guidance (heard the plastic plunger is known to break). But $675 is nuts, I spent 1/4th of that for a mint, adult-only played game.

There was a video listed showing some trick mods by, 'landronartifacts'!
    I like the Japanese flipper buttons added but why would he drill four holes?
    He said the buttons fit perfectly so why drill two more holes to accommodate the new flipper buttons.
    It was obvious that the second set of two holes were for the wires.
    However, on the first set, why drill new flipper holes if the original ones fit fine?
    Some of you Pinball Guru's please help me with that.
    Man I hate drilling unnecessary holes!
    Thanks gang!
    Happy PinBalling!

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I was going to get one for my son but after checking it out I thought it sucked. Not worth over $50 IMO.

Don't know how old your son is but most kids up to about 8 years old, probably longer have a blast with this "TOY"! REPEAT, "TOY"!

What formed your negative opinion about this machine since most kids get a kick out of the wrapping paper and bubble wrap as much as any toy.
    They don't care if it performs like a new $5000.00 machine?

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I was going to get one for my son but after checking it out I thought it sucked. Not worth over $50 IMO.

Although we value your opinion, they have sold for $675.00 dollars before and the going rate for a decent one is in the $300.00 range. You should have bought it and flipped it. Sorry you lost out!

#51 10 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Oh someome put real fkupper buttons or arcade buttons on their zizzle? I like that idea.

Yeah, but I can't find those Flipper buttons that 'landronartifacts' mentions from dx.com
    Anybody have any better luck? Thanks!!

#52 10 years ago

Zizzle POTC (More Bang AND Fun For The Buck) > Stern POTC.
    Plus Zizzle prices going through the roof while Stern prices nose-dive!

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I bet your son wouldn't think it sucked.
    He would have a blast and love Daddy even more!
    Any decent condition $50.00 Zizzle, either Marvel or POTC, please
    forward their contact info to me for an INSTANT purchase!
    Good luck on the price though, the prices keep going up UP UUPP!

1 week later
    #54 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

So... here's Steve Ritchie playing a Zizzle converted into an UltraPin

That's another great idea you can do if you come across a heavily kid-played Zizzle.
    Although I can't find these fantastic "Deals" from ANY source, they seem to fall into
    everyone else's laps, "Supposedly"!
    Easy modding start for something that suits you better.
    You'll notice Steve likes it so much that he has a big lunchbox
    slung over his shoulder so he doesn't have to leave the machine.
    Smart idea, Steve!!

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from wbradley:

Here is mine. Was going to attach a pic of CV and ask if anyone liked the transformation but that's a bit of a stretch.

Looks GREAT!!
    Guys that don't like Zizzle and it's potential, have no imagination!
    Keep up the good work, Matey!!

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

We now have an Ebay sale for $850! $675 is old news. LOL

Everyone downplays Zizzle but Ebay just listed (9-21-13) a dinged-up one for $500.00
    that includes shipping. You better hop on that one before you kick yourself
    because the price is soaring! They are so fun to play!!

4 weeks later
    #58 10 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I see them on CL all the for <$100, usually $50. $380 is nuts. There's a sucker born every minute.

A Zizzle POTC, early edition, just sold for $295.95 on Ebay. Check it yourself, item 321226491256.
    If you live in Mahwah, New Jersey then it's free pick-up! However if you live somewhere else, ohh,
    let's say in California, that's at least $100.00 shipping. For a $50.00 pinball (as you say),
    someone paid $400.00. Yeah, you should start flipping Zizzle pinballs!!

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Hell, I would have picked that up! 10 minutes from me!!

Now, you're a guy that knows fun isn't measured in cash-value! Too bad you didn't see the ad or you
    might have been having fun at 1/10th of the Big Box machines! But keep looking because some
    folks imagine they see flawless Zizzle machines on CL for $50.00. If you get bored of the Zizzle then
    just flip it.
    Zizzles are like Corvettes in that the price radically declines the first few years then the prices shoot to the moon after that!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballplanet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtf-zizzle-potc-getting-crazy-bids-on-ebay?tu=pinballplanet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.