New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 6156)

WTF! Zizzle POTC getting crazy bids on eBay

By captainadam_21

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mocean
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

03_17_13_1553.jpg
    potc.JPG

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

I know we make fun of the crazy asking prices for Zizzle but this is nuts. It has to be a joke. No way people would bid it up this high. It is at $375 with 15 hrs left. How is this possible?!

ebay.com link » Pirates Caribbean Pinball Machine

#2 9 years ago

Dang, I guess I should have picked up the one in the garbage the other day ...

#3 9 years ago

Stern POTC > Zizzle POTC

#4 9 years ago

There are 2, one potc and a marvel zizzle w/ coin mech's for $2k each!!! If it was cheap I actually wouldnt mind picking one up, just to have for fun and my god son but thats a little expensive for what it is.

#5 9 years ago

That is crazy! I hope the bidder understands what they are getting.

#6 9 years ago

The only way this is possible is if they bidder thinks they are getting the Stern game. The seller does not mention it is a Zizzle but does state near the end that it is a smaller machine. Plus the shipping is $50, which would never happen with a full sized machine.

#7 9 years ago

Poor suckers....There has been one of these on CL near me for a few weeks now for $50.00. Maybe I should buy it and flip it on eBay! I just would't feel right about it.

#8 9 years ago

whaaat? ship it here

#9 9 years ago

It went for 380.00, they might have kids and can't afford or don't want a full size...When we were kids one of us all ways had a table top pin_ to have fun with.

Post edited by jrrdw : Disabled auto link.

#10 9 years ago

There is someone selling a combo deal for the Marvel and POTC Zizzle machines on Kijiji Toronto for $1800 WTF? Nobody will ever buy them so why even post at that price? I guess some like to stir the pot. Or were smoking it when they posted.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-Pinball-Machines-Marvel-super-heroes-Pirates-of-the-Carribean-W0QQAdIdZ314929675

8 months later
    #11 8 years ago

ebay.com link

I find it hard to believe that this was legit bidding...

#12 8 years ago

Those aren't for sale anymore I assume? I know a guy in chicago who's always trying to sell them for $350 a piece. Reviews say the flippers on those things get weak quickly.

#13 8 years ago

They stopped making them a few years ago. I read that about the flippers as well but mine hasn't had any problems.

#14 8 years ago

Wide angle lens and out of focus shot helped hide this was a toy / not full sized pin

But maybe people are hot fo them?

I was going to make some changes on mine...

#15 8 years ago

Mine sold for $345 on ebay last year. It clearly stated it was a Zizzle and not a real machine. The flippers are horrible and that's why I sold mine. I got it as a gift for my nephew, but after playing a few games I realized I didn't want to give it to him because it played like crap due to the weak fippers. I even tore it apart and tried tweaking them, but it only lasted for a few games and then reverted back.

1 year later
    #16 7 years ago

I see them on CL all the for <$100, usually $50. $380 is nuts. There's a sucker born every minute.

#17 7 years ago

We were limited in current of the power supply so had to average the flipper design and pulse. Garbage I think not...actually grandma's (for grandkids) and veterans were our biggest customers.

Especially if the vets had missing parts, as they could move the games around without help, or play in a wheel chair. They thanked us all the time. Very humbling...Jpop

#18 7 years ago

I would snatch one up if I saw it for $100. I enjoyed my Dead Man's Chest Zizzle while I had it. Wouldn't mind getting a Marvel one.

#19 7 years ago

I have a nice Zizzle POTC which I have added LED GI to. Also painted most of the plastics and the pops.

Had to replace old microswitches for the flippers but otherwise its an awesome game. Also, slightly reduced the incline to make the ramps more attainable.

I will eventually give it to a kid that really likes pinball!

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

I would snatch one up if I saw it for $100. I enjoyed my Dead Man's Chest Zizzle while I had it. Wouldn't mind getting a Marvel one.

I snagged mine for $50 off CL. Deff worth it if you find one. I just recently heard about a wizard mode.....I need to try getting that!

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I just recently heard about a wizard mode.....I need to try getting that!

That is because I just told you!

My flippers worked great and I had it set around 6 degrees incline.

#22 7 years ago

hahah. Well there we go! I couldn't remember who said that.

#23 7 years ago

OOOOPS! I just bought a Zizzle "Pirates of the Caribbean".
    Ordered it but haven't received it yet. It comes with no manual.
    Anybody know where I can get a manual, even a scanned one?
    Sure I'll make it worth your while! Thanks!!

#24 7 years ago

I sold two Zizzles on Ebay, clearly stating what they were. I started bidding at $100 and both ended at over $300. Not sure what the big deal is! One of the guys who bought mine bought others in the past too. Maybe he makes modded ones? I don't know. Either way they got what they wanted, and it gave me money for one of my real machines.

#25 7 years ago

There is a forum for them....people were modding them up and replacing parts...don't remember but if you google it I'm sure you'll find it.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballPlanet:

OOOOPS! I just bought a Zizzle "Pirates of the Caribbean".
    Ordered it but haven't received it yet. It comes with no manual.
    Anybody know where I can get a manual, even a scanned one?
    Sure I'll make it worth your while! Thanks!!

I can scan mine for you. But there's very little useful information in there. No play rules, no parts list...

PM me your e-mail addy and I'll send a pdf tomorrow. Price is right - Free!

#28 7 years ago

had to see what you meant by mods etc and found this

http://zizzlepinballmods.blogspot.com.au

#29 7 years ago

I would snatch one up if I saw it for $100....

Exactly what I paid for mine on CL a few weeks back. I probably should have "haggled" but it really wasn't worth it. Looked like the seller needed the money more than I did! It's in great shape. Right flipper switch sticks/misfires occasionally, a well-reported problem. It doesn't bother me enough to cause me to crack the case yet. My grandaughter loves it!

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

» YouTube video

These are great mods. I already blocked the outlanes, and will probably add the centerpost. I like all the extra bling - I mean, it's like polishing a turd, right? But still looks better than the original.

I have to wonder...someday, 100 years from now, do you think there will be a single stock Zizzle left in existence?

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

» YouTube video

Wow, that looks good

#32 7 years ago

They stopped making them a few years ago. I read that about the flippers as well but mine hasn't had any problems.

Why can't you just change the solenoid and microswitches out for different, more powerful ones?

#33 7 years ago

Why can't you just change the solenoid and microswitches out for different, more powerful ones?

Because the whole game runs on one of those laptop transformer power supplies. Not sure what the voltage is (12VDC); but it's not what a regular pinball runs on for solenoid voltages.

My daughter has one we bought for $89. The original flipper rings were like 1/32" thick (think rubber band). I changed the flipper rubber to a regular flipper ring and the flippers became sluggish just from the added weight of the thickness of the rings.

#34 7 years ago

I sold a NIB one on ebay a couple months ago for right around $675. I clearly described what it was. Based on what they were selling for on ebay at that time I expected to get $200-$300 and when it got near $200 I stopped watching the auction. I was shocked at the price it went for and expected that I wouldn't be paid for it but shipped it to NYC and all is good.

Still have the one new for my daughter so she could have her own pirates pinball to match daddy's. I've played it a bit and it is pretty fun for what it is.

Post edited by pinmaniac : typo

#35 7 years ago

Here is mine. Was going to attach a pic of CV and ask if anyone liked the transformation but that's a bit of a stretch.

potc.JPG

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinmaniac:

I sold a NIB one on ebay a couple months ago for right around $675. I clearly described what it was. Based on what they were selling for on ebay at that time I expected to get $200-$300 and when it got near $200 I stopped watching the auction. I was shocked at the price it went for and expected that I wouldn't be paid for it but shipped it to NYC and all is good.
    Still have the one new for my daughter so she could have her own pirates pinball to match daddy's. I've played it a bit and it is pretty fun for what it is.

Maybe it's people without space for a real pinball that are buying them?

#37 7 years ago

I have friends who would buy a new (albeit smaller and with fewer features) pinball machine if they could get it NIB with a warranty for about $2k. Perhaps it is impossible to produce something worthwhile for that price. I have to think the The Pin's cost has doomed it to irrelevance.

A lot of people I've spoken with are intimidated by the prospect of maintaining a full-sized (especially a full-sized used) pinball machine. My own son enjoys pinball but says that he doesn't want to own a pin himself because he has seen how much time I put into them. I hope he'll change his mind when he moves out, but I don't think his attitude is unusual.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinmaniac:

$675? I should be a Zizzle flipper!

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

...I just recently heard about a wizard mode.....I need to try getting that!

Per the manual, "Wizard Mode" is simply the 3 ball per game mode. I guess they figured if you could get high scores with just 3 balls, you're a "Wizard"! I have mine set to the "Classic" mode that gives me 5 balls per game. Too bad that's not the default - I have to change to Classic every time I power-up...

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

$675? I should be a Zizzle flipper!

Nah, I think it was a fluke. The second mine ended someone posted another and it ended up going for $275 if I recall correctly. If $675 was the new going price I would have sold my daughters also.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Because the whole game runs on one of those laptop transformer power supplies. Not sure what the voltage is (12VDC); but it's not what a regular pinball runs on for solenoid voltages.
    My daughter has one we bought for $89. The original flipper rings were like 1/32" thick (think rubber band). I changed the flipper rubber to a regular flipper ring and the flippers became sluggish just from the added weight of the thickness of the rings.

OOOOUCH!!!

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Then how are these other gamers trickin'-up the electronics of the originals to look so cool?

#43 7 years ago

Then how are these other gamers trickin'-up the electronics of the originals to look so cool?

What I saw was enhanced LEDs, flipper buttons and some toys. All of which you can get to run on 12VDC. I haven't seen anyone swap in different coils. Looking cool and having stronger flipper coils are two different things.

#44 7 years ago

I had one, traded it for a gumball machine

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinmaniac:

Nah, I think it was a fluke. The second mine ended someone posted another and it ended up going for $275 if I recall correctly. If $675 was the new going price I would have sold my daughters also.

I have three full-size pinball machines but my five-year old son could not span both
    his arms wide enough to use both flipper buttons at the same time.
    Hence, the perfect size for a lad his age is the Zizzle "Pirates of the Caribbean",
    Dead Man's Chest.
    We just got it, but he really loves that it does (albeit, with less sophisticated electronics) almost the same as Daddy's and I won't let him play it without my guidance (heard the plastic plunger is known to break). But $675 is nuts, I spent 1/4th of that for a mint, adult-only played game.

There was a video listed showing some trick mods by, 'landronartifacts'!
    I like the Japanese flipper buttons added but why would he drill four holes?
    He said the buttons fit perfectly so why drill two more holes to accommodate the new flipper buttons.
    It was obvious that the second set of two holes were for the wires.
    However, on the first set, why drill new flipper holes if the original ones fit fine?
    Some of you Pinball Guru's please help me with that.
    Man I hate drilling unnecessary holes!
    Thanks gang!
    Happy PinBalling!

#46 7 years ago

I was going to get one for my son but after checking it out I thought it sucked. Not worth over $50 IMO.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

I was going to get one for my son but after checking it out I thought it sucked. Not worth over $50 IMO.

Don't know how old your son is but most kids up to about 8 years old, probably longer have a blast with this "TOY"! REPEAT, "TOY"!

What formed your negative opinion about this machine since most kids get a kick out of the wrapping paper and bubble wrap as much as any toy.
    They don't care if it performs like a new $5000.00 machine?

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

Although we value your opinion, they have sold for $675.00 dollars before and the going rate for a decent one is in the $300.00 range. You should have bought it and flipped it. Sorry you lost out!

#49 7 years ago

So... here's Steve Ritchie playing a Zizzle converted into an UltraPin

03_17_13_1553.jpg

#50 7 years ago

Oh someome put real fkupper buttons or arcade buttons on their zizzle? I like that idea.

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside