Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by OldHarley
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140623_213242.jpg
    image-969.jpg
    image-176.jpg
    image-615.jpg
    image-297.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

I have a LW3 that I purchased in 1996. Finally finished my basement and I was going to put the trains up. The wife and I decided that it would be a better fit for a game room. I started looking for a pinball machine. Two months later there are 10 in the basement. And I can't stop....going to have to start rearranging so that I can fit a couple more down there. Does it ever stop?

#2 9 years ago

Sounds like you've been hit hard by the sickness...in general, the only two limiting factors for pinball collectors are space and money. If you run out of one or the other, you stop.

You'll find yourself getting quite creative when it comes to packing in "one more" game...good luck and welcome to the club.

Dave

#3 9 years ago

You clearly have a problem. I will volunteer to help aid and council you until you make a full recovery.
    first step is to relieve the burden. I'll take one game a week.

#4 9 years ago

Yup, you're sick all right. Pinball fever. We bought one 2 years ago and were going to have "maybe 2 max." Last week we got #8 for our house, and there are 3 more in my mom's bedroom at her house. The fever spreads too.

#5 9 years ago

Only when the room and money runs out.

#6 9 years ago

Don't tell me that. I can see the woodshop being moved out to the future garage. That will open up space for about 15 more machines. OH the pain...

#7 9 years ago

There's an old pinball saying: ten is never enough...
    Paul editor, pavlovpinball.com

#8 9 years ago

BTW...we ALL have the sickness, so don't come here for help. We'll only make it worse. We're kind of like a giant drawer full of women's bra's. Lots of different variety, looks, styles, sizes, colors and pretty expensive too; BUT we're all here for support.

Good luck and keep playing!

#9 9 years ago

LMAO....pinballs to bra's in one paragraph hmmm

#10 9 years ago

PA: Pinball Anonymous isn't here! We're all enablers here.

#11 9 years ago

I've noticed. And the dang market just keeps on throwing out awesome games that I NEED in my basement.

#12 9 years ago

A few nights ago I was looking at the front of my house. I'm thinking, a blue LED in that window would look cool, a red strip above the door... You know you've got the fever when trying to decorate your home like a pinball machine. And I only have two pins...

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jumping-Box:

A few nights ago I was looking at the front of my house. I'm thinking, a blue LED in that window would look cool, a red strip above the door... You know you've got the fever when trying to decorate your home like a pinball machine. And I only have two pins...

I have LED lights above my kitchen cabinets. They scroll through 16 colors in a slow fade pattern. They look great.

#14 9 years ago

Decorating a house with LED strips? I have no idea what you're talking about...

image-297.jpgimage-297.jpg image-615.jpgimage-615.jpg
    #15 9 years ago

STOP IT! I can't control my impulses...(where do I get that mod from?)

#16 9 years ago

Oh, here's my newest cool thing. The light has pull-strings so you can close it and have less light/glare (and it looks like the Death Star) or you can open it up for max light. I play in the dark, everyone else plays in bright light, and husband has migraines frequently, so it is nice to be able to switch it up. It's on a dimmer switch for even more control.

(And by dimmer switch, I totally mean "Panic Button" light switch that also dims.)
    http://www.amazon.com/Panic-Button-Light-Switch-Replacement/dp/B009SOI6PK/ref=sr_1_1

image-969.jpgimage-969.jpg
    image-176.jpgimage-176.jpg

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Decorating a house with LED strips? I have no idea what you're talking about...

LOL BT!

Looks awesome!

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from OldHarley:

LMAO....pinballs to bra's in one paragraph hmmm

Wellllll, both have slings, right?

#19 9 years ago

Its a problem when the slings start to droop.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I play in the dark,

Hmmm, so you added an EM. Getting an EM gun game next? Seems to be another symptom of the disease these days...........

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from OldHarley:

Its a problem when the slings start to droop.

New rubbers will usually fix that

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

Hmmm, so you added an EM. Getting an EM gun game next? Seems to be another symptom of the disease these days...........

Nope, Twin Win has been around forever. It was in my parents' garage covered up and neglected from 1990ish until I brought it to my house to properly add it to the collection. A shop job later and she's good as new. It's funny when people see one at shows and said they saw "me" becuse it's my avatar pic. I'd like to have a gun game, but the LAH took up all the extra room until Predator gets here. I've already moved the bed out of this "guest bedroom" and once JP gets up and running again, Twin Win goes back in the corner and I've got a DE/Sega line-up with the Williams/Bally/Stern/Gottlieb in the other room. At least OP has me beat with 10 in 2 months, since I'm just at 8 in 2 years.

#23 9 years ago

pins breed in the dark when you leave your basement.

The solution is to never leave your pins alone.

#24 9 years ago

I'm at 34, my overflow of 4 actually are at friend's houses at the moment being lent out.
    Trying to downsize a bit, but it is tough when you have some project games that are going to take a while to fix up before trying to sell.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I'm at 34, my overflow of 4 actually are at friend's houses at the moment being lent out.
    Trying to downsize a bit, but it is tough when you have some project games that are going to take a while to fix up before trying to sell.

"Sell?" What's this "sell" you speak of?

#26 9 years ago

Yeah, I have a few games I bought just for the fun of fixing and playing for a short time.
    Some are taking a hell of a lot of time to finish up though.
    I managed to sell some projects in the past as-is. Those are ones I know would have taken double the time of the ones I currently have.

#27 9 years ago

No idea how you have time for that many. It seems that every one of them needs a little tweeking here and there. I picked up The Adams Family from my parents but holy dirt batman that thing is dirty. I think I have spent two days cleaning it and then LED took another night. The cabinet needs rebuilt but I just don't think I find a block of time to get it done. Now if only I could bring it to work so that I could work on it.....there's a thought....

#28 9 years ago

I budget for the games and parts. Many late nights working on boards or just getting a machine working. Cleaning them is a whole other story.

#29 9 years ago

20140623_213242.jpg20140623_213242.jpgDang it happened again....creature just showed up in my basement.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from OldHarley:

Dang it happened again....creature just showed up in my basement.

20140623_213242.jpg 260 KB

Ah, so you picked that one off KSL... well done

#31 9 years ago

I couldn't resist .....play field is in really nice shape. Needs a cleaning and a couple of plastic replaced.

#32 9 years ago

I love the fact that we've got 2 RFM's in this thread as well

#33 9 years ago

damn martians are multiplying too. lol

#34 9 years ago

Damn. In a matter of 2 weeks, I bought Rocky/Bullwinkle, Black Knight 2000 and Indiana Jones.
    I don't think it ever will stop. Wish I had more time to work on my projects, and many hours I will need.

#35 9 years ago

Would love to see and play rocky and bull winkle...it just sounds fun

#36 9 years ago

I bet if you put all new rubbers on them they would stop the rate of reproduction. Or at least slow it.

But then it is just not as fun now is it.

#37 9 years ago

Lmao gotta find new rubbers.....for the Martians ....

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from OldHarley:

Would love to see and play rocky and bull winkle...it just sounds fun

Someone around here has one

#39 9 years ago

Well when I get back I know who's house I'm going to invite myself over to.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtf-the-pinballs-are-multiplying and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.