(Topic ID: 167586)

WTF! Rebuilt flipper on Raven, cannot make left ramp.

By Geocab

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have a Raven and haven't been able to get the balk up the left ramp. I just rebuilt the right flipper, put in a new coil, and replaced the EOS switch. The ball didn't have enough power to make it up the left ramp and I don't know what else to do.

The coil is A20095.

Any ideas? Cleveland Pinball Show is less than two weeks away and I'd like to take this game there, but won't if this part of the game isn't working properly.

#2 7 years ago

Simple test. Use a test lead and jump the eos switch closed. This assumes the eos is normally closed in this machine. If the power is back the eos needs adjustment. Do not leave the jumper in or hold the flipper on you will burn your coil.

If the eos needs adjustment search the forums for vids guide on flipper rebuilding and follow his advice on setting the eos

#3 7 years ago

I couldn't make the ramp either, so I moved the bats a little lower, towards the guides below them, leaving them not parallel to the lane guides (if you know what I mean).

#4 7 years ago

EOS adjustment issue and flipper button contacts can sap your flipper strength.

EOS should open just at full stroke, if it opens too early you will not get full power through the entire stroke of the bate.

High current passes through the flipper buttons in these guys. Make sure the flipper button contacts are in good shape.

#5 7 years ago

Yep...this^^^^

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtf-rebuilt-flipper-on-raven-cannot-make-left-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.