Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hogey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Just left this Feedback for a fellow Pinsider...what a disappointing situation.

Well...what can I say a month or more ago, we had a deal for my buddy's very nice Nip-it along with a Moon Patrol he was selling. All was good. You advised that you wouldn't do Paypal due to previous problems with them. I was OK with that. You even sent me pictures showing how you'd like me to cardboard and shrinkwrap the game for your carrier to pickup. You knew my buddy was in a tight spot needing cash pretty quickly before his Willy Wonka was delivered. I took a quick look at your feedback and looked through the first couple pages and all was positive. I was good.

Here we are a month later. No Money Orders that you promised a number of times had been mailed. I asked you multiple, multiple times for your phone number so we could discuss and gave you my number. Neither happened. About every 5th message or so from me asking for an update you would send a cryptic message saying you'd been busy but all was good and the funds were "in the mail". Finally after a month of this pretty much one sided conversation, you advised that you would go to Western Union and figure out how to send money to me. If you'd already sent Money Orders not sure why you would send payment via Western Union. You promised this would be done a couple days ago. I sent you three more messages last night and today saying that if we didn't talk or have meaningful communication by 8:00 PM EST tonight, that I would move on and relist and modify my feedback.

About halfway through this odyssey I checked your feedback a little further and found one long negative post and the scenario is exactly like mine. Why you strung me along all this time, I'll never know. This is the first bad experience I've had on Pinside after well over a hundred transactions. Very disappointing.

I will be relisting the Nip-it that you were so thrilled to have the chance to buy. I can't believe I let this go on this long. I've talked to a couple other Pinsiders and was told to move on weeks ago. But you kept stringing me along and I guess I was believing that you would live up to your commitment. Lesson learned.

#4 4 years ago

Was starting off as just a rant, but I understand your comment

AUTODLR

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

It sounds like he just wasn't that into you.

If that was the case I’m cool with that, but why do some people just like to keep stringing you along until you cry uncle. I read about flakes all the time on Pinside but hasn’t experienced it myself. Like I said, lesson learned. Thanks for letting me me blow off some steam.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

This story sounds eerily familiar...I wonder if it's the same guy with a different pinside account.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-is-totally-jerking-me-around-buying-a-pin#post-4169226

Could be. My “buyer” was Canadian also. One reason why I let it go on for a while. Have sold games to our neighbors up north before but always for pickup and cash on the glass. I let this one get away from me. Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Seems when taking other peoples money; he's quick to follow thru.
    When giving up money; it's when he feels like it.
    Sad. Just Sad.

Agreed. That’s what threw me off. All of the positive feedback posts. Didn’t look deep enough.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hogey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtf-rant?tu=hogey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.