By NPO

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by xsvtoys
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezelljon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago

A student in my ph d cohort got pinched for plagiarizing unintentionally and it was pretty serious, but eventually forgiven (she self-plagiarized from an article she’d written in a diff language, didn’t know she couldn’t do that). Also remember a University president in our system who was forced to resign for plagiarizing parts of his dissertation, which had been written 30 yrs prior. Also had a colleague who was reviewing a student’s final research paper, thinking “hey this kid knocked it out of the park” until he realized he was reading a plagiarized version of something he himself had written 15 years earlier (the student didn’t bother to notice his prof wrote the article he copied). Happens more than you’d think although I didn’t see it much at the graduate level that was intentional; usually it’s because of sloppy notes or ignorance of what constitutes dishonesty (e.g. self plagiarism). Sounds like the person who ripped you off was just completely brazen. Hope he gets filtered out before finishing and I’m glad it was cleared up for you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezelljon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtf-plagiarism-at-the-masters-level?tu=ezelljon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.