Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 258 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221027_195741.jpg
    Screenshot_20221027-142140_Maps (resized).jpg
    Side eye dog hotdog (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220418_183311630 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20211217_225125178 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 9.33.15 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 8.06.51 PM (resized).png
    11BD1D93-0870-431D-87B6-3D784825D9D4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    B09A8204-ED1E-49A6-8921-346C3AB9FB96 (resized).jpeg
    5ayy6p70te381 (resized).jpg
    20221021_073905 (resized).jpg
    20221021_072429 (resized).jpg
    KFC Donut burger (resized).jpg
    20221019_123137.jpg
    20221019_123134.jpg
    There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I gotta wonder if - much like pinball toppers - there's a ceiling fast food is gonna hit real soon?
    Why spend (here in Madison, WI) $9.50 for a halfway cold, food warmer tray, dry-as-a-bone "value" meal when $12 gets you piping hot fresh Chinese? $15 gets you a Red Robin burger. $17 gets you BBQ. For not much more money you get much better food. Or hell, swing into Kwik Trip for a pretty decent $3.50 chicken sandwich that unlike McD actually contains moisture.
    There was a time when "fast food" had the holy trifecta - good, fast AND cheap. Now it's none of those.

I eat at the Thai joint by my house 4 times a week, house made noodles $6 w a protein $8. Can’t beat it.

#202 1 year ago
    Quoted from tommy_pinball:

What is Grimace anyway?

a taste bud

#203 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

These had a use besides stirring coffee back in the 70's. [quoted image]

"Life in the Fast lane!"

#204 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I call them burgers, but technically it is a sandwich. Now calling a hot dog a sandwich is a debate that rages on.

Side eye dog hotdog (resized).jpgSide eye dog hotdog (resized).jpg

#205 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

and it tastes pretty much exactly the same as it did 15 years ago.

One could display a chicken nugget on a shelf or mantle piece for 15 years and say the same thing.

#206 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I can’t say I notice a single difference between McDonalds in 2022 and 1991.

yes you can . Ronald McDonald almost doesn't exist these days. The clown look is not the best marketing option these days.
    Starker from KAOS played the Ronald McDonald character for many years.

#207 1 year ago

Like all restaurants (or any business for that matter) shit managers lead to shit establishments because they have shit employees (who really wants to work for a shit manager for more than a day?)

#208 1 year ago
    Quoted from radium:

If I’m paying $12 for an adult happy meal there better be some titties on the box.

I think what you are looking for is the juvenile happy meal.

#209 1 year ago

If only Elvira would partner with them for a Halloween edition. We all win, kids, juveniles and adults

#210 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I watched the video. As a McD's manager in the 70's and 80's, before touch pads, we'd take each machine apart every night, clean and sanitize, and reassemble so was ready every morning. I worked at 7 stores and twice in all those years was a machine down more than one day.

They were the old 664 machines, yeah every night shake machine stripped.

They have new ones now… they get a quick daily cycle and then after 3MONTHS an engineer visits to take the machine apart! I won’t be eating anything out of that machine

#211 1 year ago

Holy fuck you guys know alot about shitty food!

#212 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Holy fuck you guys know alot about shitty food!

Like you guys can talk

#213 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I gotta wonder if - much like pinball toppers - there's a ceiling fast food is gonna hit real soon?
    Why spend (here in Madison, WI) $9.50 for a halfway cold, food warmer tray, dry-as-a-bone "value" meal when $12 gets you piping hot fresh Chinese? $15 gets you a Red Robin burger. $17 gets you BBQ. For not much more money you get much better food. Or hell, swing into Kwik Trip for a pretty decent $3.50 chicken sandwich that unlike McD actually contains moisture.
    There was a time when "fast food" had the holy trifecta - good, fast AND cheap. Now it's none of those.

I absolutely agree. In my area Taco Bell's value menu is the best bang for your buck in any comparison. It's hard to say that without sounding like a shill but it's true. Decent sized bean and rice burrito? $1. Bigger one with ground beef? $2. Healthier option with guacamole and black beans in place of beef? Also just $2. And it's all low carb and high protein. You can get box combos with a drink for $5, or a whole Mexican Pizza for the same price. Literally everywhere else I go that's fast food it's like, 2 or 3 times as expensive for the same amount of food or less. I mean, a coupon for a single Hardee's burger is $3.99. Full price is over $6! I can go to Cracker Barrel and pay around $7 for a hot sit down meal. For the cheapest most basic burger! And this is subjective, but to me other fast food options are also much crappier. Taco Bell's stuff also seems to have a lot less grease.

#214 1 year ago

Taco Hell....I mean Bell, food comes out the same way it goes in, MESSY.............

#215 1 year ago

Nobody is saying fast food is good, lol.

#216 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

You can get box combos with a drink for $5, or a whole Mexican Pizza for the same price. Literally everywhere else I go that's fast food it's like, 2 or 3 times as expensive for the same amount of food or less.

Wondering if prices vary a lot with location

Wendy's $5 Biggie Bag
    Double Stack™, 4 PC. Chicken Nuggets. Medium Natural-Cut Fries. small Coca-Cola®

$6 KFC
    A drumstick & thigh, individual mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuit, and a medium drink.

#217 1 year ago

We completely stopped eating out as a family. It's too expensive and the quality has dropped. Other than the weekly pizza night, we make everything and end up spending about $250 a week on groceries.

#218 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I absolutely agree. In my area Taco Bell's value mebu is the best bang for your buck in any comparison. It's hard to say that without sounding like a shill but it's true. Decent sized bean and rice burrito? $1. Bigger one with ground beef? $2. Healthier option with guacamole and black beans in place of beef? Also just $2. And it's all low carb and high protein. You can get box combos with a drink for $5, or a whole Mexican Pizza for the same price. Literally everywhere else I go that's fast food it's like, 2 or 3 times as expensive for the same amount of food or less. I mean, a coupon for a single Hardee's burger is $3.99. Full price is over $6! I can go to Cracker Barrel and pay around $7 for a hot sit down meal. For the cheapest most basic burger! And this is subjective, but to me other fast food options are also much crappier. Taco Bell's stuff also seems to have a lot less grease.

I thought they got rid of the Mexican pizza. Totally agree about the prices though

#219 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I thought they got rid of the Mexican pizza. Totally agree about the prices though

Corporate did ditch the Mexican Pizza for several years but they brought it back last year. According to them demand outstripped supply by a factor of 7 and it quickly came and went. Last month they started offering it again once ingredients were restocked.

#220 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Nobody is saying fast food is good, lol.

Oh contraire mon frer… I am here to tell you that the FoF is perfect.

Perfect.

#221 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Wendy's $5 Biggie Bag
    Double Stack™, 4 PC. Chicken Nuggets. Medium Natural-Cut Fries. small Coca-Cola®
    $6 KFC
    A drumstick & thigh, individual mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuit, and a medium drink.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Wendy's $5 Biggie Bag
    $6 KFC

"Prices slightly higher West of the Rocky Mountains"

Here in Vegas, Blanc Chateau Sliders are $1.29 each,with cheese: $1.49 and Chocolate Shakes are $4.99. Compare that to the one by you on Packard & Carpenter. Also, the Cracker Barrels here charge $11.19 & up for their meals. Unless you want a buger or chicken sandwich w/2 sides for $8.19

#222 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:Unless you want a buger or chicken sandwich w/2 sides for $8.19

Both of these are $11.39 in my area.

#223 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Wendy's $5 Biggie Bag
    $6 KFC

I get that Wendy's meal or the equivalent at Burger King about 4 times a week. They're both $5 in MO. Anything else and you're pushing $10 or more at those places. Wendy's has a spicy chicken sandwich meal I've been getting since it was about $4.25. It's over $10 now.

#224 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Both of these are $11.39 in my area.

Cracker Barrel's here serve beer & wine too. No video poker though....

Screenshot_20221027-142140_Maps (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221027-142140_Maps (resized).jpg
    #225 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Cracker Barrel's here serve beer & wine too. No video poker though....

We got the beer and wine about a year ago.

#226 1 year ago

I like the Spicy Chicken at Wendy's but it's often really dry. And yes it's about $9 for the meal vs $7 back in 2021.

Son of Baconator is good, about the same price but it's always juicy. That's one thing I'll give Wendy's their burgers are always juicy. Also they have some sort of "fry guarantee" where if they aren't hot enough you get new ones.

Something McDonald's could use. Fresh McD fires are the best, period, but you rarely get them fresh.

#227 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I like the Spicy Chicken at Wendy's but it's often really dry.

I'd always gotten it plain since veggies and meat don't belong together, but the app lets you customize with all the available options, so I've started getting it with the smoky honey mustard sauce. That's pretty good stuff and takes a bit of the dryness away.

#228 1 year ago

52 and still trim, no junk food for me.

#229 1 year ago
    20221027_195741.jpg20221027_195741.jpg
    #230 1 year ago

I get the king cut prime rib with roasted potato ,hot au jus on the side $35.99 .....you get what you pay for ,if your meal is $5.00, it's cost them $2.00 to make ....think about it,what are you really eating, retail is always double what they pay for whole-sale food....but yes i'll spend $10-15 grand to hit a silver ball around , but I'll cheap-out for my internal organs....makes a lot of sense, lol......just saying

#231 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Unless you want a buger

Ew.

#232 1 year ago

I stopped at Wendy's tonight, hadn't been there in a few months. With tax the average meal price has "crossed the Rubicon" of $10.

You know I won't think twice about smoking a $10 cigar but this just seems nuts. I mean, a year ago the cigar was still $10 but Wendy's was $7.90....

#233 1 year ago

I honestly believe the "adult happy meal" is a desperate attempt to market tens of thousands of defective toys and get some sort of ROI out of them. They say it's based on the clothing brand logo but I see no logo with 4 eyes here? Just a bunch of $200 sweatpants.

https://cactusplantfleamarket.com

https://cactusplantfleamarketshop.com

#234 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I stopped at Wendy's tonight, hadn't been there in a few months. With tax the average meal price has "crossed the Rubicon" of $10.
    You know I won't think twice about smoking a $10 cigar but this just seems nuts. I mean, a year ago the cigar was still $10 but Wendy's was $7.90....

You gotta use the app these days. There's a $2 off premium combo offer on there every week. At least knocks the $10 back to $8 making it feel a little less painful. There's also a buy one get one for $1 offer for premium sandwiches. I've been using both weekly pretty much all year.

#235 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I honestly believe the "adult happy meal" is a desperate attempt to market tens of thousands of defective toys and get some sort of ROI out of them.

Brilliant if true, but I doubt it. McD already the largest toy distro in the world, doubt they're hurting much.

#236 1 year ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

You gotta use the app these days. There's a $2 off premium combo offer on there every week. At least knocks the $10 back to $8 making it feel a little less painful. There's also a buy one get one for $1 offer for premium sandwiches. I've been using both weekly pretty much all year.

Tin Foil Hat Ben (tm) immediately thinks that's a way to condition us to only ever use the app so eventually they can fire more workers.

That said, last night the woman ahead of me seemed to be narrating War & Peace into the microphone she took so long to order, so maybe not a bad thing?

#237 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Tin Foil Hat Ben (tm) immediately thinks that's a way to condition us to only ever use the app so eventually they can fire more workers.

Oh for sure; the McD here is just kiosks when you walk in anyway. I think there's one person cooking, one one person at the window that also puts the app orders up & take an order if they must, and maybe 1 other person.
    There's probably a less tin foil hat angle that people order more per order on an app.

#238 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh for sure; the McD here is just kiosks when you walk in anyway. I think there's one person cooking, one one person at the window that also puts the app orders up & take an order if they must, and maybe 1 other person.
    There's probably a less tin foil hat angle that people order more per order on an app.

Yeah. Haha. The inevitable feeling of shame ordering greasy food (and lots of it), is imo alot less thru app.

#239 1 year ago

I find it hilarious how many of you know the fast food prices down to the penny.

#240 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I find it hilarious how many of you know the fast food prices down to the penny.

This is Pinside not CrossfitSide

#241 1 year ago

Yeah, no shit and a bunch of cheap bastards despite the collections.

#242 1 year ago

Five Guys is ridiculous as well: 2 single hamburgers, one small fries, two regular drinks = $27. For a hamburger that takes 10 minutes and is put on a shitty bun that doesn't hold up to toppings.

#243 1 year ago

That's fast casual, which cost more

#244 1 year ago
    Quoted from illudiumQ36:

Five Guys is ridiculous as well: 2 single hamburgers, one small fries, two regular drinks = $27. For a hamburger that takes 10 minutes and is put on a shitty bun that doesn't hold up to toppings.

We ate a 5 guys only once.

Burger was over priced, greasy and the toppings were sparsely applied.

They overcooked the meat and it was burned tasting, though I asked for it to be cooked medium.

Fries were strange, ranging from burned to crispy dried out to cold and greasy and undercooked in the same bag.

The free peanuts were ok but seemed stale and needed salt.

The place was moderately busy and there was a person keeping the dining room wiped down with a dirty rag.
    Trash was not over-flowing.

2 single cheeseburgers (with some extra topings (mushrooms and avacado)) 1 order of fries and 2 drinks = $29

All in all it was slightly better that McDonalds, still I will never go back.

#245 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

We ate a 5 guys only once.
    Burger was over priced, greasy and the toppings were sparsely applied.
    They overcooked the meat and it was burned tasting, though I asked for it to be cooked medium.
    Fries were strange, ranging from burned to crispy dried out to cold and greasy and undercooked in the same bag.
    The free peanuts were ok but seemed stale and needed salt.
    The place was moderately busy and there was a person keeping the dining room wiped down with a dirty rag.
    Trash was not over-flowing.
    2 single cheeseburgers (with some extra topings (mushrooms and avacado)) 1 order of fries and 2 drinks = $29
    All in all it was slightly better that McDonalds, still I will never go back.

Your experience mirrors mine, I did not understand what all the fuss was about, I had better double cheesburgers plain at Burger King.

I think the local community agreed, they closed after a few months and there is a noodle bar there now.

#246 1 year ago

I agree with the above comments of Five Guy's being way over priced for what you get. I do however LOVE the fries. The burgers are an easy pass.

#247 1 year ago

Just ordered two medium subs at Crappioti's in Vegas. No drinks, no bags of chips or cookies.
    $28.00
    You heard that right. This is 11 miles from the World Famous Las Vegas Strip as well.....

#248 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Just ordered two medium subs at Crappioti's in Vegas. No drinks, no bags of chips or cookies.
    $28.00
    You heard that right. This is 11 miles from the World Famous Las Vegas Strip as well.....

Hot sub or cold sub? If it was hot, you got ripped off. If it was cold, you REALLY got ripped off !

#249 1 year ago

Do they have clean restrooms?

#250 1 year ago
    Quoted from illudiumQ36:

Hot sub or cold sub? If it was hot, you got ripped off. If it was cold, you REALLY got ripped off !

That's close to double what you could pay for a sub, chips and a drink at Firehouse Subs, and there's plenty of those in Vegas.

There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtf-mcdonalds/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.