Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 258 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221027_195741.jpg
    Screenshot_20221027-142140_Maps (resized).jpg
    Side eye dog hotdog (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220418_183311630 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20211217_225125178 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 9.33.15 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 8.06.51 PM (resized).png
    11BD1D93-0870-431D-87B6-3D784825D9D4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    B09A8204-ED1E-49A6-8921-346C3AB9FB96 (resized).jpeg
    5ayy6p70te381 (resized).jpg
    20221021_073905 (resized).jpg
    20221021_072429 (resized).jpg
    KFC Donut burger (resized).jpg
    20221019_123137.jpg
    20221019_123134.jpg
    There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Fixed,I don't know what I was thinking.

No need to change your post .
    I've heard many people from the US including Todd Tuckey and others on YouTube describe a hamburger as a sandwich .

Quoted from Jaybird815:

I call them burgers, but technically it is a sandwich. Now calling a hot dog a sandwich is a debate that rages on.

Over here , technically a sandwich is , filling inbetween two slices of bread .
    A hamburger is hot filling inbetween a bun .
    If you have the same fillings but they're cold , then it becomes a bread roll .

I really like hearing about the little differences between our countries .

#152 1 year ago

Bun is bread. Roll also bread

#153 1 year ago

So if we serve a hamburger in between two halves of a sliced glazed doughnut, is it a sandwich or a bread roll?

https://fantabulosity.com/donut-burger/

#154 1 year ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

So if we serve a hamburger in between two halves of a slides glazed doughnut, is it a sandwich or a bread roll?

More like a heart attack in the making!

#155 1 year ago

Sounds good though

#156 1 year ago
    20221019_123134.jpg20221019_123134.jpg20221019_123137.jpg20221019_123137.jpg
    #157 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

More like a heart attack in the making!

KFC called their donut contraption a sandwich.

KFC Donut burger (resized).jpgKFC Donut burger (resized).jpg

#158 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Went for a hangover breakfast (birthday yesterday) the $2 Sausage Biscuit and Hashbrown deal is now $2.50. Still a pretty good deal, but 25% higher than last year.

I get a Sausage McMuffin and Hash brown (McMuffin you get a slice of cheese too) on my way to work - use to be $2.17 with tax, now $2.48. Just went up about two months ago though. Bring a can of soda from home (0.45 cents). Sometimes a McChicken biscuit instead - $1.78

First started to keep calories low. Do it now because I feel like I am beating the system...

#159 1 year ago
    Quoted from bonzo71:

I never order ice cream...do not to have the "its broken" conversation.

Neither do I because we know their broken. So I bought my own. Home used only.

I also have a Taylor. Routed. This Taylor actually worked as it was at a Dairy Queen. My problems start in the tool shed in the background that doubles as a smoke room which can lead to me ice cream.

20221021_072429 (resized).jpg20221021_072429 (resized).jpg20221021_073905 (resized).jpg20221021_073905 (resized).jpg
    #160 1 year ago
    5ayy6p70te381 (resized).jpg5ayy6p70te381 (resized).jpg
    #161 1 year ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

[quoted image]

Shit, is that how much the Big Mac meal costs now? Usually that meal equates to starting hourly wage.

#162 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Shit, is that how much the Big Mac meal costs now? Usually that meal equates to starting hourly wage.

Love the "up to" in small print.

#163 1 year ago

I don't believe that the shake machines are broke. They just want to be pissy and say that if they don't want you to have one. I never order one anyway. Fast food places all bite now, around here anyway. You better check your order and make sure your change you receive is correct. They like to pocket any extra cash they can swindle you out of. Oh yeah, whenever they want you to pull up at the drive thru and there's no one behind you, don't do it. The drive thru time is on a timer and they want to take their time.........And if Hardee's didn't have breakfast, they would be out of business. All went down hill after they started selling fried chicken.

#164 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

I don't believe that the shake machines are broke. They just want to be pissy and say that if they don't want you to have one. I never order one anyway. Fast food places all bite now, around here anyway. You better check your order and make sure your change you receive is correct. They like to pocket any extra cash they can swindle you out of. Oh yeah, whenever they want you to pull up at the drive thru and there's no one behind you, don't do it. The drive thru time is on a timer and they want to take their time.........And if Hardee's didn't have breakfast, they would be out of business. All went down hill after they started selling fried chicken.

They are. They fail the cleaning cycle due something easily fixable, but corporate McD's has a shady relationship with the vendor and force the franchise owner to call in a service call. The franchise owners want the machines to work, but are forced to pay crazy high service calls.

#165 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

They are. They fail the cleaning cycle due something easily fixable, but corporate McD's has a shady relationship with the vendor and force the franchise owner to call in a service call. The franchise owners want the machines to work, but are forced to pay crazy high service calls.

There's a documentary about the ice cream machines, and like you mentioned, it was something about the cleaning cycle. Not broken, more about human error if I recall correctly.

Pretty sure it was this one:

#166 1 year ago

Burger King is where its at.

I order the triple whopper with extra patty. So four patties total. I have them put a piece of cheese between every patty. Helps insure each glorious bite has a swift, smooth send off. Its FANTASTIC.

Burger King. Then the rest.

#167 1 year ago

Sad thing is the machine only gives what be like a credit dot. Some dude invented a machine the franchise owners could use to diagnose and fix themselves, but the vendor sued the guy.

Right to work is important

#168 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I order the triple whopper with extra patty. So four patties total. I have them put a piece of cheese between every patty. Helps insure each glorious bite has a swift, smooth send off. Its FANTASTIC.

I got the meat sweats just reading this.

#169 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Can you still see your toes while standing?

#170 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I got the meat sweats just reading this.

I'd be strapped to the toilet for 24 hours. I'm middle aged, can't imagine what it'd do to me at 70. Now at 20, I could eat a handful of them, no issue.

That being said, eating out is always a risk IMHO. I assume hand washing isn't a well followed practice. There's a place local to us that gave me the flaming shits consistently - and did the same to my wife the last time. I've banned it, despite my kids loving the place.

#171 1 year ago

I remember these bad boys

B09A8204-ED1E-49A6-8921-346C3AB9FB96 (resized).jpegB09A8204-ED1E-49A6-8921-346C3AB9FB96 (resized).jpeg
    #172 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

[quoted image]

I can remember using them.

#173 1 year ago

These had a use besides stirring coffee back in the 70's.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #174 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Without the extra patty and slice of cheese:

Triple Whopper with Cheese
    Per serving
    Calories
    1,379.2 kcal
    Fat
    95.1 g
    Saturated Fat
    37.3 g
    Trans Fat
    2.8 g
    Cholesterol
    289.3 mg
    Sodium
    2,297.9 mg

Those things will kill you.

#175 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

[quoted image]

Oh damn aint that the truth!

#176 1 year ago
    Quoted from yellowghost:

Why not find a mom and pop place that serves hamburgers with real meat and forget about their horse-shit? Just saying.

Or make your own on you Weber Kettle with 80/20 American cheese and a brioche bun

11BD1D93-0870-431D-87B6-3D784825D9D4 (resized).jpeg11BD1D93-0870-431D-87B6-3D784825D9D4 (resized).jpeg
    #177 1 year ago

These have started to pop up on FB MP here:

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 9.33.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-20 at 9.33.15 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 8.06.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-21 at 8.06.51 PM (resized).png

#178 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Without the extra patty and slice of cheese:
    Triple Whopper with Cheese
    Per serving
    Calories
    1,379.2 kcal
    Fat
    95.1 g
    Saturated Fat
    37.3 g
    Trans Fat
    2.8 g
    Cholesterol
    289.3 mg
    Sodium
    2,297.9 mg
    Those things will kill you.

Nasty.

#179 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

These had a use besides stirring coffee back in the 70's. [quoted image]

I was able to sell aboot 50 of them for $10-20 apiece on fleabay awhile back

#180 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinkid:I don't believe that the shake machines are broke. They just want to be pissy and say that if they don't want you to have one. I never order one anyway. Fast food places all bite now, around here anyway. You better check your order and make sure your change you receive is correct. They like to pocket any extra cash they can swindle you out of. Oh yeah, whenever they want you to pull up at the drive thru and there's no one behind you, don't do it. The drive thru time is on a timer and they want to take their time.........And if Hardee's didn't have breakfast, they would be out of business. All went down hill after they started selling fried chicken.

There's a documentary about it somewhere. Actually pretty interesting watch into corporate greed.

#181 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

There's a documentary about it somewhere. Actually pretty interesting watch into corporate greed.

Funny, it's been posted twice here.

#182 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

I'd be strapped to the toilet for 24 hours. I'm middle aged, can't imagine what it'd do to me at 70. Now at 20, I could eat a handful of them, no issue.
    That being said, eating out is always a risk IMHO. I assume hand washing isn't a well followed practice. There's a place local to us that gave me the flaming shits consistently - and did the same to my wife the last time. I've banned it, despite my kids loving the place.

Thinking about the whole hand washing thing can keep you out of restaurants forever. Luckily in my experience, and according to everyone I know in the restaurant business, they’re 1000x more diligent than your buddy flipping burgers for family and friends. Restaurant owners and their staff know 1 case of poopy fingers or the like is all it takes for everyone to be unemployed.

#183 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Thinking about the whole hand washing thing can keep you out of restaurants forever. Luckily in my experience, and according to everyone I know in the restaurant business, they’re 1000x more diligent than your buddy flipping burgers for family and friends. Restaurant owners and their staff know 1 case of poopy fingers or the like is all it takes for everyone to be unemployed.

I wish I could believe that, but I don’t. I’m not sure what else would consistently make me sick after eating at the same place other than poor hygiene?

#184 1 year ago
    Quoted from manadams:Most people just want McDonalds ice cream machines to work on a consistent basis and then they offer this goofy shit...[quoted image]

I hate to admit it but Id really like these for my Erie Digger crane ! I'd make it impossible for anyone to retrieve them, could be a big money maker for me.

IMG_20211217_225125178 (resized).jpgIMG_20211217_225125178 (resized).jpgIMG_20220418_183311630 (resized).jpgIMG_20220418_183311630 (resized).jpg
    #185 1 year ago

My shake machine (C602) is very rarely down. Once major (no ice cream for 3days) in 4yrs due to compressor- but machine is 12yrs old!

Probably because I have a high standard of cleaning. Clean it every week 7 days,

But I think in the US the clean cycle is 14 -21 days.
    I know a lot about the machines and all the menus that diagnose faults.

Mostly issues are with employees not putting together properly with enough lube for the amount of time it’s in use.

#186 1 year ago

If you intend on serving a lot of soft serve ice cream, the pump fed Taylor is better than the gravity.

#187 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I hate to admit it but Id really like these for my Erie Digger crane ! I'd make it impossible for anyone to retrieve them, could be a big money maker for me. [quoted image][quoted image]

Ooh, is that a mini jagermeister bottle I see?

#188 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Ooh, is that a mini jagermeister bottle I see?

Yes

#189 1 year ago

Gross, who would want that

#190 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Gross, who would want that

Good for a cold! Just like cough syrup!

#191 1 year ago

What is Grimace anyway?

#192 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Good for a cold! Just like cough syrup!

I never tried it, I just liked the looks of the bottle. When I had my family over,I was surprised how much they liked playing with the Erie Digger ?

#194 1 year ago

If I had room I'd totally get a claw machine

#195 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Love the "up to" in small print.

My neighbors teenage daughter starting working at the local one. Joked to the dad "she must be the breadwinner now?" he's like "nah they only pay kids $8"

I keep hearing that a lot of the offers we see are BS but we don't realize it because we're not the ones applying.

#196 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

My neighbors teenage daughter starting working at the local one. Joked to the dad "she must be the breadwinner now?" he's like "nah they only pay kids $8"
    I keep hearing that a lot of the offers we see are BS but we don't realize it because we're not the ones applying.

When I was in San Fransisco the McDonalds on fishermans wharf was offering $22.50/hr...

Floors were dirty. tables dirty, trash cans over flowing, bathroom disgusting...typical McD experience for me.

We orderd 2 egg mcmuffins 2 hashbrowns and 2 coffee's. $23...

Similar experience at the Roseville Ca location but the meal was only $16, no help wanted sign there.

#197 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinhead1982:

My shake machine (C602) is very rarely down. Once major (no ice cream for 3days) in 4yrs due to compressor- but machine is 12yrs old!

Probably because I have a high standard of cleaning. Clean it every week 7 days,

But I think in the US the clean cycle is 14 -21 days.

I watched the video. As a McD's manager in the 70's and 80's, before touch pads, we'd take each machine apart every night, clean and sanitize, and reassemble so was ready every morning. I worked at 7 stores and twice in all those years was a machine down more than one day.

#198 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I watched the video. As a McD's manager in the 70's and 80's, before touch pads, we'd take each machine apart every night, clean and sanitize, and reassemble so was ready every morning. I worked at 7 stores and twice in all those years was a machine down more than one day.

Things have changed.

#199 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

When I was in San Fransisco the McDonalds on fishermans warf was offering $22.50/hr...
    Floors were dirty. tables dirty, trash cans over flowing, bathroom disgusting...typical McD experience for me.
    We orderd 2 egg mcmuffins 2 hashbrowns and 2 coffee's. $23...
    Similar experience at the Roseville Ca location but the meal was only $16, no help wanted sign there.

I gotta wonder if - much like pinball toppers - there's a ceiling fast food is gonna hit real soon?

Why spend (here in Madison, WI) $9.50 for a halfway cold, food warmer tray, dry-as-a-bone "value" meal when $12 gets you piping hot fresh Chinese? $15 gets you a Red Robin burger. $17 gets you BBQ. For not much more money you get much better food. Or hell, swing into Kwik Trip for a pretty decent $3.50 chicken sandwich that unlike McD actually contains moisture.

There was a time when "fast food" had the holy trifecta - good, fast AND cheap. Now it's none of those.

#200 1 year ago

The restaurant business has taken one, two, an three punch.

There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtf-mcdonalds/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.