Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 258 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221027_195741.jpg
    Screenshot_20221027-142140_Maps (resized).jpg
    Side eye dog hotdog (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220418_183311630 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20211217_225125178 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 9.33.15 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 8.06.51 PM (resized).png
    11BD1D93-0870-431D-87B6-3D784825D9D4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    B09A8204-ED1E-49A6-8921-346C3AB9FB96 (resized).jpeg
    5ayy6p70te381 (resized).jpg
    20221021_073905 (resized).jpg
    20221021_072429 (resized).jpg
    KFC Donut burger (resized).jpg
    20221019_123137.jpg
    20221019_123134.jpg
    There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 1 year ago

Most people just want McDonalds ice cream machines to work on a consistent basis and then they offer this goofy shit...

McDonalds_Cactus_Plant_Flea_Market_Box_inside (resized).jpgMcDonalds_Cactus_Plant_Flea_Market_Box_inside (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago

I watched a video about this. They are adult happy meals, tied to a branding campaign. Thus the 4 eyes, because apparently the logo for the business it is tied to has 4 eyes.

Indeed strange...and unneeded, but those Supreme games sold...so....

#3 1 year ago

Not just is it goofy crap… they are charging massive premium for it too.

I paid $11.79 for one. All you get is a choice (Big Mac or 10 piece nuggets), medium fries, and medium drink with the crappy toy.

If you buy a Big Mac meal alone it’s much cheaper… this is a sham.

#4 1 year ago

McDonalds will give you anus diseases. Stay away.

#5 1 year ago

Luckily a kids Happy Meal is still be best deal in town

#6 1 year ago

To sum up my experience at McDonald’s today, unhappy employees, unhappy customers. Even the food was unhappy. No ‘Happy Meals’ served there today!

#7 1 year ago

Somebody got paid to come up with this crap!!! They need to go back to school...

giphy (10).gifgiphy (10).gif
    #8 1 year ago
    Quoted from manadams:

Somebody got paid to come up with this crap!!! They need to go back to school...
    [quoted image]

They are selling out, so they obviously picked a winner.

#9 1 year ago

Probably the same people that came up with beanie babies. Who remembers that fiasco?

#10 1 year ago

People like dog food...I mean.... McDonals?

#11 1 year ago

Can I use my 6000 points for one or is it only good for a children's happy meal?

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

I guess the brain dead public will buy anything with "limited edition" on it, at least put some cool toys in there like brass knuckles or Chinese throwing stars

giphy (11).gifgiphy (11).gif
    #13 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

So now print error McDonald's toys are valuable? People will buy literally anything. Just a bad batch?

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from manadams:

I guess the brain dead public will buy anything with "limited edition" on it, at least put some cool toys in there....

Ahhhh like pinball; clever!

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ahhhh like pinball; clever!

FOMO in full effect

#16 1 year ago

Why not find a mom and pop place that serves hamburgers with real meat and forget about their horse-shit? Just saying.

#17 1 year ago

If it makes someone happy who cares? This is a site for people who drop thousands of dollars on what others might find childish after all…

#18 1 year ago

12 for an adult happy meal, I’m outraged. Says the man child spending 12k on pinball machines

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

I paid $11.79 for one. All you get is a choice (Big Mac or 10 piece nuggets), medium fries, and medium drink with the crappy toy.

I got 10 nuggets, large fry and a med coffee the other day for lunch. It was over $17 bucks. The Canadian dollar is low, but I thought that was ridiculous….I didn’t even get a toy.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from yellowghost:

Why not find a mom and pop place that serves hamburgers with real meat and forget about their horse-shit? Just saying.

I miss fat ho burgers in Waco.

Corrected because autocorrect doesn’t like Ho

#21 1 year ago

Was never really a fan of McD's, but I would eat there on occasion. However, their new "distopian model" is the worst, and I mean THE WORST! If ever you wanted to build an uninviting atmosphere, they've captured that dead-on. What in blue hell were they thinking?

#22 1 year ago

If only we could get a Filet of Fish in the Happy Meal...

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

If only we could get a Filet of Fish in the Happy Meal...

It’s filet-o-fish, pal.

Filet of fish implies it’s actually fish

#24 1 year ago

Besmircher.

#25 1 year ago

I love my artificially processed fish by product sandwiches!

#26 1 year ago

What's with the eyes??? why???

#27 1 year ago

The first time I saw those, I thought it was a manufacturing mistake. It wasn't until this thread that I realized it was on purpose. Just looked it up. This is what the chief marketing officer said:

“We’re taking one of the most nostalgic McDonald’s experiences and literally repackaging it in a new way that’s hyper-relevant for our adult fans,” Tariq Hassan

#28 1 year ago

I can’t lie, I’m excited for the Halloween happy meals with the buckets coming back next week.

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from manadams:

I guess the brain dead public will buy anything with "limited edition" on it, at least put some cool toys in there like brass knuckles or Chinese throwing stars [quoted image]

Ya mean just like LE and SLE pinball machines?

QSS

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from timtim:

I can’t lie, I’m excited for the Halloween happy meals with the buckets coming back next week.

Me too; gotta hit that shit quick though they're gonna run out.

Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Ya mean just like LE and SLE pinball machines?
    QSS

Little late

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I watched a video about this. They are adult happy meals, tied to a branding campaign. Thus the 4 eyes, because apparently the logo for the business it is tied to has 4 eyes.

Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

The first time I saw those, I thought it was a manufacturing mistake. It wasn't until this thread that I realized it was on purpose. Just looked it up. This is what the chief marketing officer said:

“We’re taking one of the most nostalgic McDonald’s experiences and literally repackaging it in a new way that’s hyper-relevant for our adult fans,” Tariq Hassan

Looks like a printing mistake to me. If you have to issue a press release to explain it, it probably wasn't a good idea to begin with.

I hadn't been to a MCD's since I was a kid. Then a few years ago I ate at MCD's once on a road trip since there weren't any other quick options for miles.

It was like eating salty rubber with soggy cardboard. Yuck. Never again. I don't understand why people eat there these days.

#32 1 year ago

McDonald's sucks. Burger King is far superior.

#33 1 year ago

Must have been designed by the guy who did the art on this pin.

ac3dafa67d68a471b6e48c69a8db6f4c2d5cc65f (resized).jpgac3dafa67d68a471b6e48c69a8db6f4c2d5cc65f (resized).jpg
    #34 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

McDonald's sucks. Burger King is far superior.

02985802-D6AB-43ED-A973-57533D54D147.gif02985802-D6AB-43ED-A973-57533D54D147.gif
    #35 1 year ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

It’s filet-o-fish, pal.
    Filet of fish implies it’s actually fish

A thousand pardons

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image]

And people complain about Sterns' marketing department. It's the "Cactus Plant Flea Market LIMITED EDITION" no less!!!! Has such a good ring to it. Do you think they do a Premium and Pro?

Have to admit the 4 * 4 eyed dolls and Cactus Plant Flea Market has just the right amount of creepiness I would expect from the Golden Arches.

#37 1 year ago

The toys are selling for $15-30 each. My mom called me earlier today wanting me to see if my McDonald’s has any since the two she went to were sold out and won’t get any more.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

Must have been designed by the guy who did the art on this pin.
    [quoted image]

Maybe - but you'll feel a whole lot better after playing Andromeda than eating at McDonalds.

#39 1 year ago

If I’m paying $12 for an adult happy meal there better be some titties on the box.

#40 1 year ago

McDonald's has Superior breakfast, the rest of their food is literally hot garbage.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from timtim:

I’m wanting those Halloween buckets too. The nostalgia is strong with them.

#42 1 year ago

Being a man child is very popular right now, McDonalds was smart to take advantage of that market. Don't be an old man yelling at cloud about it though.

15a07b732e9181d0cda4c19342157bdc7b8e9fcda77983617e9b9289f3db4c46_1 (resized).jpg15a07b732e9181d0cda4c19342157bdc7b8e9fcda77983617e9b9289f3db4c46_1 (resized).jpg
    #43 1 year ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

[quoted image]

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
    #44 1 year ago

A Big Mac used to be good , now ...

IMG_20221015_003034 (resized).jpgIMG_20221015_003034 (resized).jpgIMG_20221015_003009 (resized).jpgIMG_20221015_003009 (resized).jpg
    #45 1 year ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

McDonald's has Superior breakfast, the rest of their food is literally hot garbage.

Superior is a stretch!

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

Was never really a fan of McD's, but I would eat there on occasion. However, their new "distopian model" is the worst, and I mean THE WORST! If ever you wanted to build an uninviting atmosphere, they've captured that dead-on. What in blue hell were they thinking?

My father and I were just talking about this. They remodeled our McDonalds and it's now one of the most sterile places I have ever seen. It is about as uninviting and unappealing as you get, just beige everywhere. Makes a hospital cafeteria look like Disneyland in comparison. They don't need to be the kiddie playland of the 80's with character chairs and bright colors everywhere, but if I blindfolded you and took you into the seating area today, you wouldn't even be able to tell you were in a McDonald's. There is no branding or signature scheme at all anymore.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from manadams:

Most people just want McDonalds ice cream machines to work on a consistent basis and then they offer this goofy shit...[quoted image]

No milk shakes yesterday..

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

My father and I were just talking about this. They remodeled our McDonalds and it's now one of the most sterile places I have ever seen. It is about as uninviting and unappealing as you get, just beige everywhere. Makes a hospital cafeteria look like Disneyland in comparison. They don't need to be the kiddie playland of the 80's with character chairs and bright colors everywhere, but if I blindfolded you and took you into the seating area today, you wouldn't even be able to tell you were in a McDonald's. There is no branding or signature scheme at all anymore.

McDonalds killed their brand.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

A Big Mac used to be good , now ...
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Are we really supposed to believe there has ever been a Big Mac sold by McDonald's that looked like that "retrojunk" photo?

#50 1 year ago

CEF65B2C-3DAB-43C9-94EF-B5150428F719 (resized).jpegCEF65B2C-3DAB-43C9-94EF-B5150428F719 (resized).jpeg

My local McDonald’s just got the grey prison makeover.

There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtf-mcdonalds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.