(Topic ID: 198666)

Wtf did i do?

By Bam

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

So my tmnt needed a rubber replaced, of course it was deep under the ramp so got it all replaced and booted up a game just to play, in middle of game machine just stopped responding, all lights on, no screen. Turn it off and wont boot back up. Wait a bit and it will come on, not kick a ball out and when you press the left and roght flipper it activates the auto kicker. Thought maybe i crossed a wire but looks like where i was messing with it isnt the case. Still new to pinball repair and have a very basic understanding of electronics but im lost :/

Video of whats happening

#2 6 years ago

You grounded something. I assume to pull the ramp you had the playfield raised or other...

#3 6 years ago

I have to assume you failed to turn the game OFF first before any maintenance.

The video does not provide much information.

"Start simple, be methodical, work forward."

Check for any obvious wire shorts in the areas you worked on. Next step, test all fuses to identify suspect areas and narrow the problem. Then narrow to wiring and direct assemblies.

The MPU is booting, and almost reaching game over sequence. Most likely driver board fusing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtf-did-i-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.