• Latest reply 1 year ago by Quench
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20191226_182417 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider semicolin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

Ooh- I'm going to be upgrading my Meteor to seven digits as part of its overhaul. Following this thread.

Can anyone suggest an inexpensive EPROM burner? I've wanted one for awhile but never got into it.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from CanadianPinball:

In case you didn't know, Steph from HobbyRoms.com is in Ottawa. You'd break even by the time you bought 10-15 rom sets from him (burner+eraser+chips)

I've bought from Steph several times and the prices have always been extremely reasonable. Burning ROMs definitely isn't about saving money or time for me; it's just something I would like to know how to do.

I brew beer and make wine too. Foolhardy hobbies all.

#14 4 years ago

I bought a TL866CS, an eraser, and a pile of 2732s this morning. All for under $100CAD. Can't believe how inexpensive this got.

#17 4 years ago

I'll let you know the moment my burner comes in. I'm still on six digits for the foreseeable future.

2 weeks later
#24 4 years ago

woo! EPROM burner arrived last night. Just waiting on some 2732s in the mail to get going.

Almost ready to test the six digit version, and I'm in the process of pulling the working seven digit displays out of a Xenon so I'll be able to upgrade too.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Wasn't there something odd in the original Meteor code that was supposed to prevent it from working with an NVRAM installed in the original MPU board?

There was. I believe that this new codebase repairs that issue.

I've already cut the traces on my board to make it compatible with 2732s... but I still have original working mask ROMs. When I have all the parts together in the next few weeks I'm going to rip them, burn them to 2732s, and see if my machine is susceptible to the NVRam bug. Then I'll pop the new codebase in and see if I'm still affected by it.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Yes, the high nvram that affects the sound gets cleared on every boot of the machine.

So does that mean it's fixed?

3 months later
#68 4 years ago

Finally got around to installing the seven digit displays into the game. The 7 digit version works great! I came here to mention that there were a couple of issues in test mode but I see those concerns are known and unfixable.

Great work on this. I'm really happy with the way the game is working. Thanks again!

#70 4 years ago

That's exactly both of the things I had noticed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 3.00
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 169.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider semicolin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtd-beta-testers-for-revised-version-of-meteor?tu=semicolin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.