• Latest reply 2 years ago by Quench
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20191226_182417 (resized).jpg
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

what is the meaning of the game locking up when you hit the 'reset' button while the game is in the Display Test mode? (And maybe even the Burn-In test, possibly?)

The J5 connector at the top of the MPU board was originally there for connecting addon module cards to aid in diagnostics (Bally diagnostic cards were called AID1 and AID-II). The AID1 card contained a ROM which was accessed by pressing Switch 33 on the MPU board during game self test modes. Meteor also has this ability so presume Stern had a similar diagnostic card.
If you don't have any of these ROM based diagnostic cards connected and press switch 33 during self test mode, the CPU jumps to a non existent ROM location which executes invalid code and causes the game to crash.

#52 4 years ago

Pressing the testbutton on the MPU board also often causes a stack overflow which will crash the software. The processor will write its statusregister and return address to the stack every clock cycle as long as the button is pressed. And the stack isn't that deep in these early boards.... I encountered this problem also when coding testsoftware for these boards. Williams avoided this problem at its early system3-7 boards implementing a nice "glitch generator" with the 2 NAND gates. Try to press the test button as short as possible sometimes helps. I avoided "multiple execution" of the NMI routine in my testsoftware by just resetting the stackpointer and IRQ flag and jumping to a known memory location in stead of the usual RTI instruction. It looks a bit dirty in the code but it has a reason. What Quench is writing about a jump to a not present memory location might also be the case if the software doesn't poll for the presence of an AID card. By the way: big respect for what mr. slochar is doing here; nice to see someone coding in good old 8 bit Motorola assembly

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Related, but only in the fact it's software -
slochar - what is the meaning of the game locking up when you hit the 'reset' button while the game is in the Display Test mode? (And maybe even the Burn-In test, possibly?)

If you mean hitting the 'clear/s33' button, that's a factory bug. I changed it to reboot on flight 2000 and could probably do the same on meteor. It's I believe part of the debugger they used then, it's expecting something at $2000.

Quoted from dothedoo:

I know what you mean. When I first set up 64b, I reset the high score and played a quick game. I set a low high score -- a couple hundred thousand and got 3 replays as expected.
Then I played a 4 player game. One player beat the high score, another player rolled it over and beat the high score the 2nd time around, the other two players were low scoring. At the end of the game, one player matched and I swear I heard 10 knocks. I thought maybe there was a bug with the rollover or something. I tried to recreate it, but never could.

MPU200 sterns don't issue replays again when you roll them they have a flag for each player that tracks when you get the initial score. But they will give you all the HSTD credits you are entitled to.... to get 10 knocks you would have had to beat the hstd 3 times and match once. They compare all the scores, tally up the replays due based on the original saved HSTD, then they determine the highest score to put into the nvram. I think most Ballys do it the same way..... Williams might not have, at least not system 6. If player 1 got the hstd and p2 got HIGHER, it would work, but switched around, p2 would not get their credits.

#54 4 years ago

Thanks for that info, guys, about that button. I rally had no idea.

Quoted from slochar:

It's I believe part of the debugger they used then, it's expecting something at $2000.

This does, however, raise an interesting question -
Using Weebly's board, could I have some special code at address $2000 (say, for example, a light show) that when that button is pressed (only on the weebly board), it executes the code?

#55 4 years ago

Of course. And it doesn't have to be $2000 it can be anywhere. I should probably make it do nothing instead of reboot for the game since that 'makes sense' in the context of what that switch is supposed to do.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hey guys -
Code has been posted online. I will keep the versions updated as I receive them, and other games (as folks work on them) will be posted.
You can grab them here:
http://tsqmadness.com/games/roms/index.aspx
Within the next month, I will be enabling and forcing SSL (https://) on the site.
Happy new year.

Coyote, I'm not able to access this site with or without https. Any tips?

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Coyote, I'm not able to access this site with or without https. Any tips?

It will be up soon - took it down for another security patch. Try in a few hours.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

MPU200 sterns don't issue replays again when you roll them they have a flag for each player that tracks when you get the initial score.

I know, but when you trust your eyes and ears you start to question these things.

I didn’t really think there was a bug, but I had to test it to make sure.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It will be up soon - took it down for another security patch. Try in a few hours.

Back up! I f%&# hate Microsoft.

#60 4 years ago

Installed the latest 6 digit version 64 using 2732 EPROMS last night and it works great! Now I'm going to have to do the 7 digit conversion

Is there a reason the WOW and Shoot Again lights are not included in the attract mode?

Thanks to all that have made this possible, your efforts are very much appreciated.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Is there a reason the WOW and Shoot Again lights are not included in the attract mode?

Heeh, I asked the same question.
I'd LIKE to see them added, along with the Bonus X lamps.

For the latter, at least darken them, so that their heat in attract mode dosen't cook the playfield.

#62 4 years ago

I didn't notice the bonus multilpier lamps, I was so focused on the Wows . Good point though about the multiplier lamps heating b the inserts up, especially as I will be installing a CPR playfield soon.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from woz:

I didn't notice the bonus multilpier lamps, I was so focused on the Wows . Good point though about the multiplier lamps heating b the inserts up, especially as I will be installing a CPR playfield soon.

What am I missing? My bonus multiplier lamps cycle with the others in attract mode.

#64 4 years ago

The multiplier lamps remain in the same state as they were at game over. Version 64 firmware.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

What am I missing? My bonus multiplier lamps cycle with the others in attract mode.

What version are you running?

Quoted from woz:

The multiplier lamps remain in the same state as they were at game over. Version 64 firmware.

Mine too, v74. And in stick they didn't animate either.

#66 4 years ago

Any chance of being able two extra balls per ball? One EB for the WOW that is lit when the rockets are aligned and one EB for the METEOR target WOW when the multiplier reaches 6X

This would be a really nice feature for the 7 digit ROM

#67 4 years ago

I would have to think about how to implement multiple extra balls. There's some unintended consequences of doing this as you have to be able to handle odd situations and still maintain the shoot again lamp - that's why Split Second has the 'endless' extra ball bug, the add-a-ball isn't handled properly. (And apparently the Lazer Lord prototype has the same thing in reverse, the extra ball doesn't stack at all, and turns off at the next score event after you earn it....)

1 month later
#68 4 years ago

Finally got around to installing the seven digit displays into the game. The 7 digit version works great! I came here to mention that there were a couple of issues in test mode but I see those concerns are known and unfixable.

Great work on this. I'm really happy with the way the game is working. Thanks again!

#69 4 years ago

Nothing is unfixable but it might be a 'minor annoyance' - I'll assume in test mode you refer to either the shifting of digits or the 2 walking 8's displayed?

#70 4 years ago

That's exactly both of the things I had noticed!

4 weeks later
#71 4 years ago

Another bug noticed and reproducable:
If you get an extra ball on ball 1, ALL targets will still reset, as if it's starting a new game. (Instead of, for example, leaving the METEOR targets alone.)

One I'm not sure is a bug or not, but can reproduce:
When all ROCKET bonus reaches 5k, ALL "Extra Ball" lights are lit, EXCEPT for one. This is OPPOSITE what happens when they're at over values - where ONLY one is lit.

One I'm thinking is an issue with my game, somehow:
Maybe at least once per every other game, the game will either: (1) Not count a Rocket drop-target drop, OR (2) See one as dropped when it doesn't. #1 happens a LOT more often. This one may be related to MPU or SDB board issue, as my game will occasionally also just not fire a coil. (Example: Start of a ball? Everything will reset as needed, but the outhole kicker won't even TRY to fire. Hit a rollover or the standup with "Spot Meteor"? The game won't even ATTEMPT to fire the drop release coil.)

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Another bug noticed and reproducable:
If you get an extra ball on ball 1, ALL targets will still reset, as if it's starting a new game. (Instead of, for example, leaving the METEOR targets alone.)

I did notice that when writing the rom, it's small enough that it's not worth fixing. Basically there would be a lot of duplicated code IIRC.

Quoted from Coyote:

One I'm not sure is a bug or not, but can reproduce:
When all ROCKET bonus reaches 5k, ALL "Extra Ball" lights are lit, EXCEPT for one. This is OPPOSITE what happens when they're at over values - where ONLY one is lit.

That's factory.

Quoted from Coyote:

Maybe at least once per every other game, the game will either: (1) Not count a Rocket drop-target drop, OR (2) See one as dropped when it doesn't. #1 happens a LOT more often. This one may be related to MPU or SDB board issue, as my game will occasionally also just not fire a coil. (Example: Start of a ball? Everything will reset as needed, but the outhole kicker won't even TRY to fire. Hit a rollover or the standup with "Spot Meteor"? The game won't even ATTEMPT to fire the drop release coil.)

That's happened before on mine as well I think it's the technique they were using on solenoids - lots of the subsequent games follow all solenoid firings with a enable_solenoid_0f $00 (or $02) - this way the script stops and WAITS for the prior solenoid (the "real" solenoid) to finish firing before firing the non-existent solenoid $0f. Meteor being the first game didn't have this technique implemented widely.

If you get a single drop bank that doesn't 'complete' when all are down I'd be concerned, but semi-often it seems like one target has it's flag marked as set even when the drop is up after a reset.

Any that are down that aren't scored should be caught as the drop switches are cleared by the background periodic 'clear the drop switches' code when the drop is reprocessed. If the drops' flag is clear, it will score etc. but otherwise, if the drop flag was set, the drop has been scored, this ball, at some point.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

I did notice that when writing the rom, it's small enough that it's not worth fixing. Basically there would be a lot of duplicated code IIRC.

I kinda figured, it was a simple IF - if on Ball1 - reset everything normally.

Quoted from slochar:

That's factory.

Really? I'll be facked - I never ever remember seeing it before. Huh. Learn somethin' new every day.

Quoted from slochar:

That's happened before on mine as well I think it's the technique they were using on solenoids - lots of the subsequent games follow all solenoid firings with a enable_solenoid_0f $00 (or $02) - this way the script stops and WAITS for the prior solenoid (the "real" solenoid) to finish firing before firing the non-existent solenoid $0f. Meteor being the first game didn't have this technique implemented widely.
If you get a single drop bank that doesn't 'complete' when all are down I'd be concerned, but semi-often it seems like one target has it's flag marked as set even when the drop is up after a reset.
Any that are down that aren't scored should be caught as the drop switches are cleared by the background periodic 'clear the drop switches' code when the drop is reprocessed. If the drops' flag is clear, it will score etc. but otherwise, if the drop flag was set, the drop has been scored, this ball, at some point.

Interesting. It''s MOSTLY noticeable with the Rocket 2 drop-bank - as the only way to advance that is through the drops. (No dead bumpers.) And there's been a few times where the numbers didn't add up - i.e. I'm at 6k, but I have 1 of three targets down. It's *possible* that in cases like this, it couble-counted twice (instead of missing one).

All in all, not complaints - just logging here for future reference. I've been playing the game a *LOT* recently, with my TZ currently out of the lineup.

2 months later
#74 3 years ago

It looks like the ROM images for the new Meteor code may be off line. Is there a new link for them? I have an extra STERN MPU-200 all rebuilt and ready to run them. The board is configured for 2732 EPROM's at U2 and U6. I seem to recall the images were available as a set of 2716 chips. If there aren't images for 2732 chips I should be able to combine them but just need to confirm the order they should be combined before burning them.

Robert

#75 3 years ago

https://sites.google.com/site/allentownpinball/galaxy-asm/METEOR64A-74A.ZIP?attredirects=0&d=1

The 7 digit version has all 3 file types (2716, 2732, and 27512 for weebly board). The 6 digit version is the 2716 only you combine in a dos window with:

copy /b meteor64a-u1.716 + meteor64a-u2.716 meteor64a-u2.732
copy /b meteor64a-u5.716 + meteor64a-u6.716 meteor64a-u6.732

It's a little confusing because if you know where in memory those chips go, it doesn't seem "correct" to combine them the way they are. (u1=$1000-$17ff, u2=$5000-$57ff, u5=$1800-$1fff, u6=$5800-$5fff). Since the sockets in a 2732 configuration cover X000-X7FF and X800-XFFF, they only switch based on $1xxx $5xxx it makes more sense.

I was using Coyote's website only because I didn't realize I could just upload them to the Allentown pinball site I started years ago - they seem to be happy living there and much more convenient for me to just upload them. You can see I like the minimalist approach to creating websites.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

I was using Coyote's website only because I didn't realize I could just upload them to the Allentown pinball site I started years ago - they seem to be happy living there and much more convenient for me to just upload them. You can see I like the minimalist approach to creating websites.

And because I suck.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

https://sites.google.com/site/allentownpinball/galaxy-asm/METEOR64A-74A.ZIP?attredirects=0&d=1
The 7 digit version has all 3 file types (2716, 2732, and 27512 for weebly board). The 6 digit version is the 2716 only you combine in a dos window with:
It's a little confusing because if you know where in memory those chips go, it doesn't seem "correct" to combine them the way they are. (u1=$1000-$17ff, u2=$5000-$57ff, u5=$1800-$1fff, u6=$5800-$5fff). Since the sockets in a 2732 configuration cover X000-X7FF and X800-XFFF, they only switch based on $1xxx $5xxx it makes more sense.

Thank You! I'm running the 6 digit displays and will see if I can combine and make a set this evening. This note would be good to add within the Readme file in the ZIP

The addressing of those ROM's on the Stern and Bally boards is kind of odd. Ran into that and made more work when I was doing on some work with the Elektra code. Splitting those images to disassemble and then trying to recreate adds extra steps.... When I get back to that plan on scripting more.

#78 3 years ago

I write batch files to automate much of this with the help of a handy program called 'splits' - assemble the code, run splits to split into chunks, then take those chunks and rename properly to test in pinmame.

If I had to do it manually I probably wouldn't!

https://www.fourmilab.ch/splits/

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

I write batch files to automate much of this with the help of a handy program called 'splits' - assemble the code, run splits to split into chunks, then take those chunks and rename properly to test in pinmame.
If I had to do it manually I probably wouldn't!
https://www.fourmilab.ch/splits/

This is another pretty cool tool for working with binary files.

https://www.hhdsoftware.com/free-hex-editor

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

When you did all the code updates was the overall checksum recalculated and intact? Would like to confirm that built-in test is still valid for the version of code at the above link. I did burn a set of the 6 digit version on a pair of 2732 chips. The board boots and I get all the expected flashes but after that nothing on the game (LED is dim as normal). If the checksum is valid then I would expect it found all the images in the correct order and location in the memory map and validated the ROM is ok.

This was an unknown MPU-200 to start with that I rebuilt to use for testing new versions of code like this. It boots on the bench but obviously there is still an issue. If the checksum part is working then I'll focus on the rest of the board first. If that checksum is skipped then I'll double check and burn another set of EPROM's.

#81 3 years ago

Stern code doesn't validate chunks like Bally does - although the way Bally does it still wouldn't catch combined roms out of order.

I usually do not recalculate the checksums until the very very end of whatever I'm doing in the code - most are skipped until it's 'done'. Even if the checksum were in there though, it wouldn't catch the out of order - it's a straight sum-up with no carry of all the bytes in all the roms, so as long as the code doesn't go over boundries it would still boot up, but crash as soon as it did.

I combined the files in dos with copy /b u1 + u2 and u5+u6 and generated a SHA1 using HxD:
u1+u2: 5C1769C64394438F50A434E21CDD12FA93D54ECB
u5+u6: 4A16971481AA12F836B6452E438FC36883B23128

If you burn or put other roms in the game you'd know right away if something was up there. Burn stock roms combined the same way and see what you get.

#82 3 years ago

Will try making a set of the originals and get the board up and running with those first. Just wasn't sure if the overall checksum was used yet or not. Totally understand about not doing it until the very end. Did the same thing when doing some work with the BackJack code I worked on.

#83 3 years ago

Made a set of original ROM images on a pair of 2732 chips and same issue. Board gets all 7 flashes and then is dimly lit. No lights for attract and can’t get into diagnostic. Definitely a board issue. Back on the bench it goes for trouble shooting. I have some ideas and will work to track down on the weekend. Looking forward to trying the new code.

2 months later
#84 3 years ago

New revision for 6 digit, old revisions removed
https://sites.google.com/site/allentownpinball/galaxy-asm/meteor65-75.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Updated both version numbers to 75. Changes from 64/74 are change clear button in self test no longer crashes system (factory bug, fixed)
Added a check to the sweep timer to prevent awarding sweep bonus when it shouldn't
Added more missing lamps from attract mode to attract mode (enhancement to factory)
Six digit version was using wrong digit for match, corrected

Zip file contains 716, 732 formats for both 6 digit and 7 digit versions, 512 format for 7 digit version only (weebly board)

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

https://sites.google.com/site/allentownpinball/galaxy-asm/meteor65-75.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
Updated both version numbers to 75. Changes from 64/74 are change clear button in self test no longer crashes system (factory bug, fixed)
Added a check to the sweep timer to prevent awarding sweep bonus when it shouldn't
Added more missing lamps from attract mode to attract mode (enhancement to factory)
Zip file contains 716, 732 formats for both 6 digit and 7 digit versions, 512 format for 7 digit version only (weebly board)

WOOT!

1 year later
#86 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Awesome!
and are these freeplay only?

#87 2 years ago

Nope selectable via dip switch free or coin play.

#88 2 years ago

updated link back onto Coyote's site - Allentown pinball site being a google site they don't allow .zip files anymore or at least in my cursory examination of the new site. Latest files will always be here.

http://tsqmadness.com/slochar/ZIP/

1 week later
#89 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

updated link back onto Coyote's site - Allentown pinball site being a google site they don't allow .zip files anymore or at least in my cursory examination of the new site. Latest files will always be here.
http://tsqmadness.com/slochar/ZIP/

Tested working great!, thank you for making these.

8 months later
#90 2 years ago

Hello everyone. will the latest files on a EPROM for a 7 digit setup work with a dual boot setup with the “2021” code on a 2017 REV-4 weebly mpu?

#91 2 years ago

I'd encourage anyone that wants to try out custom ROMs to get an EPROM burner, they are pretty cheap and the reusable chips can be as low as $0.50 (recommend W27C512). While i have not updated the combo rom of the weebly board since 09/17/21 I will try and update it soon with all the most recent combo ROMs I can find. I don't really want to sell individual ROM chips for various reasons including licensing of some brands

For a Weebly MPU before they started using a single universal rom and dedicated U1 expansion ROM slot, custom ROMs can still be run out of the U2 socket. You will need to format the files.

Download Slochar's files. Rename the 16K files to U1.716, U2.716 U5.716 and U6.716

open note pad and paste below in. Save it as a .bat file in the same directory with the ROMs. (you might have to turn on file extensions to rename .txt files to .bat).

copy /b U1.716+U2.716+U5.716+U6.716 U2COMBO.764
copy /b U2COMBO.764+U2COMBO.764 U2COMBO.128
copy /b U2COMBO.128+U2COMBO.128 U2COMBO.256
copy /b U2COMBO.256+U2COMBO.256 U2COMBO.512

Run the batch file, and it will spit out four files depending on the ROM type you want to use. U2COMBO.764 for 2764 U2COMBO.512 for w27C512 and etc.

For later nvram.Weebly MPUs with a universal ROM and a dedicated U1 rom spot, I believe slochar is packing in a U1 burn ready file. If not you can create one from the 2716 sized files and a copy command. The FF file is 2716 sized ROM that is blank. You can create with your eprom burner software by doing a read of a 2716 ROM with no ROM inserted in the burner. It should return all FFs. Then save it as FF.716 with the other ROMs you want to combine.

copy /b FF.716 + FF.716 + U1.716 + U5.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + U2.716 + U6.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + U2.716 + U6.716 U1.512

When using the U1 ROM spot you need to turn off the U2 universal rom by pulling out the "U2 Enable" jumper shunt near the universal.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I'd encourage anyone that wants to try out custom ROMs to get an EPROM burner, they are pretty cheap and the reusable chips can be as low as $0.50 (recommend W27C512). While i have not updated the combo rom of the weebly board since 09/17/21 I will try and update it soon with all the most recent combo ROMs I can find. I don't really want to sell individual ROM chips for various reasons including licensing of some brands
For a Weebly MPU before they started using a single universal rom and dedicated U1 expansion ROM slot, custom ROMs can still be run out of the U2 socket. You will need to format the files.
Download Slochar's files. Rename the 16K files to U1.716, U2.716 U5.716 and U6.716
open note pad and paste below in. Save it as a .bat file in the same directory with the ROMs. (you might have to turn on file extensions to rename .txt files to .bat).
copy /b U1.716+U2.716+U5.716+U6.716 U2COMBO.764
copy /b U2COMBO.764+U2COMBO.764 U2COMBO.128
copy /b U2COMBO.128+U2COMBO.128 U2COMBO.256
copy /b U2COMBO.256+U2COMBO.256 U2COMBO.512
Run the batch file, and it will spit out four files depending on the ROM type you want to use. U2COMBO.764 for 2764 U2COMBO.512 for w27C512 and etc.
For later nvram.Weebly MPUs with a universal ROM and a dedicated U1 rom spot, I believe slochar is packing in a U1 burn ready file. If not you can create one from the 2716 sized files and a copy command. The FF file is 2716 sized ROM that is blank. You can create with your eprom burner software by doing a read of a 2716 ROM with no ROM inserted in the burner. It should return all FFs. Then save it as FF.716 with the other ROMs you want to combine.
copy /b FF.716 + FF.716 + U1.716 + U5.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + U2.716 + U6.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + FF.716 + U2.716 + U6.716 U1.512
When using the U1 ROM spot you need to turn off the U2 universal rom by pulling out the "U2 Enable" jumper shunt near the universal.

All that is beyond my skill level. does that mean Slochar's files will work with a dual boot setup with the “2021” code as the second boot option?

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I'd encourage anyone that wants to try out custom ROMs to get an EPROM burner, they are pretty cheap

Indeed. The makers of the TL866 programmers have just released their 3rd generation of their programmer that now supports EPROM programming voltages up to 25Volts. The new model name is "TL866-3G" aka "T48". At this price point there's no excuse not to get one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004419320060.html
ebay.com link: 195150181964

Quoted from Pinzzz:

All that is beyond my skill level. does that mean Slochar's files will work with a dual boot setup with the “2021” code as the second boot option?

If the "2021" code update works dual booting the factory Meteor code, there's no reason it shouldn't work with @slochar's code update.

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Indeed. The makers of the TL866 programmers have just released their 3rd generation of their programmer that now supports EPROM programming voltages up to 25Volts. The new model name is "TL866-3G" aka "T48". At this price point there's no excuse not to get one.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004419320060.html
ebay.com link: 195150181964

If the "2021" code update works dual booting the factory Meteor code, there's no reason it shouldn't work with @Slochars code update.

Does anyone know if the factory Meteor code works with a Weebly mpu, with the "2021" code as a dual boot? My recently purchased Meteor pin will be shipping next week. and I would love to have Slochars code, with the Arduino version "2021" code as a dual boot setup. Is this possible with my Weebly Aug 2017 REV-4 mpu that is currently installed in the pin?

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Is this possible with my Weebly Aug 2017 REV-4 mpu that is currently installed in the pin?

That revision MPU board will not support the Arduino 2021 adapter as-is. The MPU board needs to be rev 30 or above and requires solder jumpers to be made accordingly:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-the-m6800-in-a-stern-mpu100-with-an-arduino/page/5#post-6847298
See the following post in that thread which might be a work around for your old rev board. Post follow up questions about the 2021 code or the Weebly board there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis Park, MN
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dow, IL
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 199.95
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.