11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by eXidy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

WTB/LTB A Dr. Who
    Preferably with the moving Dalek (factory not aftermarket) but PF condition is king.
    The closer to North Texas (Fort Worth) the better.

Please email me directly - CyberKman (AT) sbcglobal (DOT) net

TIA

Pin - K

#2 11 years ago

Factory moving Dalek?

Good luck!

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Factory moving Dalek?

Good luck!

I thought 100-200 DW's had this feature - no?

Pin - K

#4 11 years ago

Around 100 I think. Still, good luck!

#5 11 years ago

Yeah 100 original moving Dalek heads. I've seen 2 machines in the past 16 years that way. Incidentally the kit that Pinball Obsession/Basement Arcade made was an upgraded reproduction of the original motor. When installed, the original software acknowledged the head (because of the opto switch) and actually controlled it. Because the new kit was adjustable, the gap between the body and the head could be closed. The originals would usually show as much as 1/4" of the rod that moved the head because the plastic had changed shape over the years. Actually, that's usually how we would spot an original, by the big gap. I was helping with the distribution of the kits. I don't know if basement arcade has anymore to sell, but he and I have decided to retire it and the ES moving building kit. If you want an original, it's going to take some looking, if you want a better moving head, see if he has any left at basementarcade.com in the for-sale section. I wouldn't wait though, the other guy that made the inferior product ended the chances of any more of our kits ever being made. His product simply powers on when the light comes on - no opto, no fancy wiring harness, just jerky motion. We will support the kits and will supply parts to keep them running if anything was to happen. in the 10 years of making the kits, we have never had to fix anything. I have the first one and it still works great!

#6 11 years ago

I know a guy locally with an original moving Dalek head. The game itself is very nice. I think his price is around $2800 though. If you're interested send me a PM.

Jon

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtbltb-dr-who and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.