body-load2.JPG
body-load.JPG
jjproadtrip_107.jpg
spwogflipper.jpg
spwpf.jpg
spwbg.jpg
Inlineup_004.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Target Alpha, Surf Champ, Buckaroo, Spin-A-Card, Cross Town, Central Park, Centigrade 37, Solar City, El Dorado, The list will grow. Non working projects preferred. What do you have? Love restoring these.

#2 11 years ago

Where are you located?

#3 11 years ago

Updated profile to show, Chapel Hill, NC

#4 11 years ago

Nice list - I've had quite a few of those - good luck!

1 week later
#6 11 years ago

2 here >> philadelphia.craigslist.org link + southjersey.craigslist.org link

Thanks for the leads I have a couple obscure titles to check out on my roadtrip to JJP from Chapel hill Monday/Tuesday. Looking for more. Most important to me are the backglass and playfield. If they are good, I might be interested, regardless of title. I'm into the 60s Gotts but will consider anything if the price is right. Getting a kick out of restoring these. Here's a Spin Wheel I just did.

Inlineup_004.jpgInlineup_004.jpg

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I'm into the 60s Gotts but will consider anything if the price is right. Getting a kick out of restoring these. Here's a Spin Wheel I just did.

Nice collection you have there , nothing like the older 60 ` s machines.
Finding some cosmetic parts is an obstacle though.
Good luck on your hunting down the EM s.

#8 11 years ago

I too love the wedge head Gotts.

#9 11 years ago

I love Spin Wheel, keeper for me. I enjoy the skilled plunge or nudging for those lit holes on top and the random points scored from the spinning wheel, fun game. I like how cheap you can buy the non wedge pins. Williams made some great EMs too. Good luck!

#10 11 years ago

Cross town is an awesome game! Is Buckaroo as good? Owned Cross town for 4 years - very addictive.

#11 11 years ago

Ehh little pricey >1965 Gottlieb Buckaroo Pinball Machine - $2750 (Parsippany)
newjersey.craigslist.org link

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Ehh little pricey >1965 Gottlieb Buckaroo Pinball Machine - $2750 (Parsippany)
newjersey.craigslist.org link

Depends on the quality of restoration. Looks nice though.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I love Spin Wheel, keeper for me. I enjoy the skilled plunge or nudging for those lit holes on top and the random points scored from the spinning wheel, fun game. I like how cheap you can buy the non wedge pins. Williams made some great EMs too. Good luck!

Funny, I have 2 now restored Spin Wheels (one I have at a family members vacation home) and just spied another local for sale. I have to pass. I can't bring myself to do a 3rd one of these. the paint on the cabinet is a PITA and OMG so many reels! Love the randomness of the spin too, great fun to compete with non-players, anyone can win and it's a stunning pin once restored.

#14 11 years ago

OMG so many reels!

Extra reels just makes it that much more gratifying to hear all of them reset correctly!

Love the randomness of the spin too, great fun to compete with non-players, anyone can win

This is my go to tie breaker pin during tourneys, very random scoring, anyone can win.

it's a stunning pin once restored.

I did a full tear down on mine and rebuilt everything in 2004. I didn't do any touchups, left it all original except for replacing the toasted bumper caps. I just wax it once a year. I love when the original flipper buttons still have the red paint

FYI, Johns Jukes still has a NOS backglass in stock.

spwbg.jpgspwbg.jpg spwpf.jpgspwpf.jpg spwogflipper.jpgspwogflipper.jpg

#15 11 years ago

Nice looking game Sanctum!

#16 11 years ago

Yes but you need to level it, the ball keeps getting trapped in the left spin alley

#17 11 years ago

I used to have a Spin Wheel. Sold it to a buddy, that sold it to another buddy. I'm actually going to see it this weekend. Not a bad game.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Williams made some great EMs too.

Absolutely.

Quoted from sanctumwear:

I love Spin Wheel, keeper for me.

Very Nice Job! Looks Great!

Quoted from John_in_NC:

Target Alpha, Surf Champ, Buckaroo, Spin-A-Card, Cross Town, Central Park, Centigrade 37, Solar City, El Dorado, The list will grow.

Did you find any yet

Ken

#19 11 years ago

Absolutely.
Very Nice Job! Looks Great!
Did you find any yet
Ken

I did! I drove up to NJ to drop off a pin yesterday. Before leaving I scoured craigslist along the way for my some nice EMs to bring home for restoration projects. There were several listed at very reasonable pricing. I actually decided on purchasing these three before I headed out and planned my return trip accordingly hoping for the best. 1st I picked up a 1962 "Flipper Clown" project in Asbury park NJ at http://silverballmuseum.com/ It's needing backglass (got a repop), plastics (available) playfield touch-ups and a major cabinet overhaul. It's a project that the previous owner started some years ago so it's in parts and pieces. This is going to be a challenge but worth it, Flipper Clown is an Add-A-Ball classic with animated backglass and a roto spinning target. http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=892

Next, I drove to Maryland and picked up the pinball the colorful playfield below belongs to, a 1964 "Big Top" a 2 player, also an Add-A-Ball game with animated backglass. Only 750 made and this one has a near perfect backglass, nice plastics and a very intact playfield. This 4 flipper game will be a looker when it's done. http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=286

Last, I drove to another town in Maryland & picked up a seriously nice 1963 "Swing Along" with next to no playfield wear and a 9.5 for a backglass. It actually works! http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2484
All 3 have Roy Parker artwork and have great themes.

Believe it or not, I got all 3 in the bed of my 5.5 ft pickup bed with a cap over them.

jjproadtrip_107.jpgjjproadtrip_107.jpg

#20 11 years ago

looks like a very good hunting trip John - congrats

#21 11 years ago

Nice pickups John!

#22 11 years ago

I had to push on the tailgate to get it to close but the bed is 66" long so side by side was the only way 3 - 22" wide bodies would fit. I had to contend with the wheel wells so I build a simple rack to slide them in on to clear them. Worked great. I put the heads in the cab behind the passenger seat in a corded manner, another tiught fit but where there's a will...

body-load.JPGbody-load.JPG body-load2.JPGbody-load2.JPG heads-up.JPGheads-up.JPG

#23 11 years ago

nice Big Top score!

Mine will be at TPF this year for all to enjoy

http://tinyurl.com/avx38cr

--Jeff

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Believe it or not, I got all 3 in the bed of my 5.5 ft pickup bed with a cap over them.

Got to love trucks! I can haul 2 pins in my little Regular Bed/Cab 2003 Ford Ranger all in the back without doing anything special which I have not done yet but would like to find a couple and try it out.

Quoted from John_in_NC:

I did! I drove up to NJ to drop off a pin yesterday. Before leaving I scoured craigslist along the way for my some nice EMs to bring home for restoration projects. There were several listed at very reasonable pricing.

Congrats John! Nice choices and good overall condition equals fun fixing and playing!

Ken

#25 11 years ago

Man I can't wait to play some EM's at TPF. We just had a EM tourney here locally hosted by an awesome guy with some really fantastic games. I placed 2nd, and I've got a whole new love/hate relationship with EM's now.

I hate FAR OUT, but King of Diamonds and Kings and Queens are awesome. Also loved 300 and Atlantis.

#26 11 years ago

Im so hacked that i missed the Tourney at Kens place......

His collection looks phenomonal

#27 11 years ago

Hopefully that NJ pin didn't get any flood damage.

#28 11 years ago

May have, it's a basket case, literally, the parts were brought to me in a basket. (box)

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Im so hacked that i missed the Tourney at Kens place......
His collection looks phenomonal

His collection plays as well as it looks.

We'll have quite a few EMs at the TPF. So you should be able to get plenty of EM time.

Marcus

#30 11 years ago

More of my recent haul. Really nice machines.

#31 11 years ago

More of my recent haul. Really nice machines.

BeforeRestore_pf.JPGBeforeRestore_pf.JPG BeforeRestore_profile.JPGBeforeRestore_profile.JPG BeforeRestore_pf.JPGBeforeRestore_pf.JPG BeforeRestore_bg.JPGBeforeRestore_bg.JPG BeforeRestore_010.jpgBeforeRestore_010.jpg BeforeRestore_011.jpgBeforeRestore_011.jpg

#32 11 years ago

I love the playfields on those 50's and 60's machines.

That 'Swing Along' looks real sweet. Nice haul, for sure... As far as the others, I would never own anything with a clown on it. They creep me out.

#33 11 years ago

Nice score, John.

You have a lot of bang for your buck there as well as entertainment value. Then you get to play them all when you are done.

Don't you love this hobby?

Mike O.
Team-EM

#34 11 years ago

Someones gonna be busy.^^^^
Which one gets worked on first.

#35 11 years ago

Flipper clown is in pieces, that's first, needed parts ordered. I'm trying to resist starting on the others but I can hardly wait to get at the other two. (now 3) just picked up my 3rd HS2 that was DOA.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I'm trying to resist starting on the others

Resistance is futile.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, CO
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtbgottlieb-ems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.