Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by perryd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Interested in an X-Men LE (preferably Wolverine) in the low 5ks or an X-Men Pro in the low 3ks. Willing to pay the difference for mods/upgrades (shaker, LEDs, etc).

Located in 66604 and willing to travel for pickup or arrange via NAVL. PM me if you have one you're willing to part with in that range.

#2 11 years ago

This is a wishlist game for me. Good luck in getting it!

#3 11 years ago

shouldn't be hard to find one 5k and under, there were many listed over the past month for that price....

#4 11 years ago

I may not have been watching closely enough. I've seen a few go in the $5,200 range but nothing under. I hope you're right!

#5 11 years ago

Uh ya haven't seen many if any under $5K, possibly a few desperate moves. Its a steal at anywhere near that price.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

shouldn't be hard to find one 5k and under, there were many listed over the past month for that price....

Where? Egbert dropped his price to $5k out of desperation and had two guys fighting over it at the end. That's the lowest I've seen one sell for.

Not the hottest title because of the code and aux pcb issues, but both can be fixed. GL with your search! Buying before the code update is probably wise timing...

#7 11 years ago

This will be my next pin as well.

#8 11 years ago

You can buy mine for $6500 with shaker. Wouldn't sell it for a penny less. Software update will make this a top 5 Stern. Suckers who dumped it will regret.

#9 11 years ago

You should be able to find an LE near or below 5600. Sub 5k, not likely at all. Unless someone is desperate they probably arent going to unload it at such a huge loss preupdate. Hope you find one!

#10 11 years ago

I'm not expecting to find one under $5k. I've heard the update hopes before. I hope everyone is right - the theme is fantastic.

Interested in a Pro too if no LEs pop up.

#11 11 years ago

I just picked up a wolverine as well. Risk is lower now, since if you don't like it, you could probably flip it and no be too far out of whack. Code update could give this a big boost...who knows!

Good luck on the search!

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

You can buy mine for $6500 with shaker. Wouldn't sell it for a penny less. Software update will make this a top 5 Stern. Suckers who dumped it will regret.

That's $700 more than a shipped NIB AvengersLE bro!

Also I think it's harsh to call folks who didn't like the game so much they sold @ a $1500 loss "suckers". If they are suckers it's for buying the game, not selling it.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Also I think it's harsh to call folks who didn't like the game so much they sold @ a $1500 loss "suckers". If they are suckers it's for buying the game, not selling it.

Are you saying someone paid 5800 shipped for avengers LE NIB?

#14 11 years ago

I don't think that is accurate, but if so, please PM me with where I can buy an Avengers LE for 5800 shipped.

#15 11 years ago

If there's a $5,800 Avengers LE, I'd be interested in that instead of the XMLE or XM Pro.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

That cant be accurate.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

Interested in a Pro too if no LEs pop up

Id take a good look at a pro if I were you....Could pick one up around 4 or maybe just below for huo. LE's on this title just arent worth IMO.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You're $1000-$1200 off on shipped avengers LE prices.

#19 11 years ago

I have been toying with selling my LE Wolverine, but pre-update might be silly. Was hoping to get 6k, but shipping as usual kills the deal. It's not that I dislike the game, it's just so hard and I'm not a fan of the comics, even though I think it's one of the nicest art packages I've seen. Just not a fan of the theme and I bought one because of the early hype on the game. I like my Avengers so much more because its the movie art, even though its photoshop art I connect with the theme so much more. Good luck with the search, you should aim for an LE for sure though.

Kevin

#20 11 years ago

Just got a pro not too long ago. I Like it a lot fantastic layout the new code hopefully will make this game awesome.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

cscmtp said:

Quoted from PW79:

I think you meant less than.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

or an X-Men Pro in the low 3ks

As in 3,000 plays, or $3,000? This game just came out, how can it be worth 3k?

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Quoted from perryd:

shouldn't be hard to find one 5k and under

pinside, always good for a laugh, not so great for understanding the pinball market.

-Wes

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Id take a good look at a pro if I were you....

I'd be very happy with a Pro.

Quoted from AbacusMan:

As in 3,000 plays, or $3,000? This game just came out, how can it be worth 3k?

Looking to find a pro in the mid-$3,000 range. There were a few recent threads about pricing an Xmen Pro. The consensus appeared to be the mid-to-high $3,000s for one with LEDs and Mirror Blades was accurate.

#25 11 years ago

Lol, $6800 is what I meant my bad.

It's late, I'm sick & been on call since Wednesday.

Sorry for the confusion!

What I meant to say was for $300 more buy an Avengers (if you have a history of purchases with your Distro). I made a typo & then did the math without noticing the error...mwhat a marooooon!

#26 11 years ago

Really think that this is a great time to buy one. Only been out for 6 months and has dropped around 1500 bucks, really think the bottom has hit on it. Anyone you get should be mint. If the new software is a hit, the machine might actually appreciate.

Buy low - Sell high

Pro in the mid 3k range would probably harder to get than an LE at 5k. Good luck

#27 11 years ago

X-Men has all the potential in the world to be a top game...only missing one thing, good code. I think Stern recognizes the uproar in the community over this game missing good code and they will address it.

I don't buy pins as an investment (and would never suggest anyone else do so as they are not historically going to be a good investment for many reasons) but on the whole I doubt XMen sinks any lower...it has too much good going for it and Stern will fix the code.

#28 11 years ago

I'd trade my Woverine towards a TOTAN, but aside from that, this game is going nowhere.
Waaaay too much potential to be getting the bad rap it has.
It'll be a Tron LE-esque monster once the code is done. It already has better dots, art, similar shots and the basis for some of the deepest rules Stern has put out. Now they just need to connect the dots.
Good luck in your hunt. There should still be plenty of takers (cough, suckers) out there

#29 11 years ago

Played this game a lot more last weekend.
XMEN is really starting to grow on me, more fun each time I play it now.
The first experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

It'll be a TRON LE-esque monster once the code is done. It already has better dots, art, similar shots and the basis for some of the deepest rules Stern has put out.

Doubtful....The Pro to me is just as good if not better then the LE.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Doubtful....The Pro to me is just as good if not better then the LE.

Here are the things that are different, besides cosmetic:

Nightcrawlers
Spinning Disc
Ice Ramp
LED light show

Of those 4, Ice Ramp is the only feature that is not an asset over the pro. Code can fix that, or worst case disable it so it does what the pro does.

If you are saying costs wise it is not worth it, well that is a different story. No Stern LE is worth the extra cost over a Pro/Premium so far.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

Looking to find a pro in the mid-$3,000 range. There were a few recent threads about pricing an Xmen Pro. The consensus appeared to be the mid-to-high $3,000s for one with LEDs and Mirror Blades was accurate.

Prople can have consensus all they want. But have you ever seen a pro for sale? I haven't. I think there's a huge difference between what you think the thing should be worth (consensus in this case) and what you can actually get the machine for - assuming you're not looking for some sort of unique special deal that comes around once every 3-6 months of "being patient". If a pro is ok, perhaps a nib got around $4500 shipped is good enough. If it were me and I didn't already have my LE, that's what I'd get.

Quoted from jimjim66:

Of those 4, Ice Ramp is the only feature that is not an asset over the pro. Code can fix that, or worst case disable it so it does what the pro does.
If you are saying costs wise it is not worth it, well that is a different story. No Stern LE is worth the extra cost over a Pro/Premium so far.

Unfortunately, you can't simply disable the iceman ramp on the LE. Doing so makes iceman impossible to beat because you have to hit the three switch series. Which includes the left inlane. I wrote a post on how to add a switch to the ramp to solve this problem and have my iceman ramp disabled. I doubt I'll reenable it again even if it's better in the next update. The game plays way better not having the ramp in the way in the middle. Adding the switch isn't an "anyone can do it" sort of mod though.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Unfortunately, you can't simply disable the iceman ramp on the LE. Doing so makes iceman impossible to beat because you have to hit the three switch series. Which includes the left inlane. I wrote a post on how to add a switch to the ramp to solve this problem and have my iceman ramp disabled. I doubt I'll reenable it again even if it's better in the next update. The game plays way better not having the ramp in the way in the middle. Adding the switch isn't an "anyone can do it" sort of mod though.

Saw your post and thought it was interesting.

I hope the code can really do something with ramp. The spinning disc is awesome and improved over the previous codes, but I also realize that doesn't mean the ramp will improve especially when I thought the Xmas pack would address it.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

No Stern LE is worth the extra cost over a Pro/Premium so far.

I would attempt to argue that ACDC Prem is, but I have never played a pro.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Here are the things that are different, besides cosmetic:

Nightcrawlers
Spinning Disc
Ice Ramp
LED light show

Of the 4 things u mentioned only thing i really liked was the light show. The rest I could live without.

#36 11 years ago

I played Avengers and X Men is better. They can easily fix code but they can't fix a bad play field layout.

Good luck.

#37 11 years ago

Don't blame you for wanting this title,when the dust settles it will be a wanted game and most wil be looking to buy it back

#38 11 years ago

Last night I fired up the game room and decided I was gonna walk down the row..and play game on every pin. No real reason other than I had a couple hours to mess with last night. Xmen is about the 5 or 6 pin in...I didn't get past it. I ended up camping out there until I called it a night.

There something about this game that keeps you pressing the start button...I'm still running 1.21. It kinda make sense that the reports are it does VERY well on route.

On 1.21 the Heros modes just seem sooooo easy yet they aren't. I can't say I consider any of the Heros 'hard.' Yet I've only been to the Dark Room twice on 100% factory settings (well except for freeplay).

Right now with the software..it's almost like 2 games in one. Do I battle the Hero's or Villain's? While I'm sure that wasn't the intent of this game...it does give you 2 completely different playing experiences.

I keep a spreadsheet of my pins (well..actually anything I have of value) and what I consider the stuff to be worth. In case I get hit by a bus...or the wife decided to knock me off...she has a reference as to the value of my (OK..our) stuff. I organize that list from top: the first pin I would sell if I had to. To the bottom: the last pin remaining. Right now Xmen is sitting in the second spot from the bottom.

#39 11 years ago

X-Men is my favorite Stern so far that I have played. I too think it is better than Avengers. I like Avengers-am going to wait for premium so I can get full characters on cabinet and Iron Man front and center on backglass. Other Marvel Sterns that I am getting are Spiderman and Ironman. Both are awesome to play and keep your interest. I personally like the magneto better than the wolverine edition-the backglass is awesome. I have seen them on cl as low as $5200 if you find an HUO for close to this price-buy it! You won't regret it. Shaker is must for this machine as well.
-Good Luck

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I played Avengers and X Men is better. They can easily fix code but they can't fix a bad play field layout.

Good luck.

xmen sucks compared to avengers, no comparison at all....

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

xmen sucks compared to Avengers, no comparison at all....

After your original post to "trash" the price on this game and spawn all the comments, now this. Opinions are fine but we get it, you don't like X-men. Looking at your ratings you make that very clear that you played it a couple times and it is your lowest rated game of any of them. I somehow doubt much thought or experience was put into this rating as very similar games with the same problems are rated way higher by you(Transformers the BEST Stern ever). Uhhh ok enough said.

I own both and can say they are both very cool, X-men still can be the better game if the code gets worked out and Avengers is a great game with very complete code already that too can probably only get better with some small updates and changes.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

xmen sucks compared to Avengers, no comparison at all....

I have also played both and IMO, XM is a wayyyy better game (but then again those are just opinions and everyone will have one).

Now to the OP -> XM pricing right now is at a bargain . I had the opportunity to pick one up over this last weekend for a good price and I got it home and fell in love with it all over again (it's my 2nd one). Between all the toys / shots / lights / combos I feel that it now offers a tremendous value!

The software is getting polished as we speak and will easily push this game over the top (personally, I'm kind of glad that they've gotten less expensive because it's a hell of a game and that was more people can enjoy it!)

P.S. You can't go wrong with Wolvy or Magneto! They both look fabulous in person!

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

It'll be a TRON LE-esque monster once the code is done.

I literally lol'ed on that one!

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Between all the toys / shots / lights / combos I feel that it now offers a tremendous value

Dude, I totally agree. Once you get the timing down on the shots X-men flows amazingly well. Here's hoping the next update is more like Spiderman 2.0 and less like WOF 5.0.

-Wes

#45 11 years ago

Have a lead on an LE Magneto but still interested in a Pro or Wolverine. Send me a tell if you're willing to part with one - especially if you're within a few hours of Kansas City.

#46 11 years ago

yep, I said it sucked compared to Avengers and I stand by that from my perspective. As you know we all don't like similar titles, this is what make us unique individuals.

I have tried to like XM, even played several different machines, just too clunky for me...no fun at all. I do like Avengers and what it does have it common with TF-LE is that is a very challenging game. I like games that have difficult shots and difficult modes to complete. Sorry...we all agree to disagree as they say....

Have fun with your XM machines regardless and I will have fun with all my machines including Avengers, ACDC, and the mucho bashed TF machine....doesn't bother me at all...As long as we all have fun playing pinball!!!

Post edited by perryd : added title

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-x-men-yes-x-men and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.