(Topic ID: 114340)

*Found, Thx / WTB - WWFRR or LW3, Chi - Mil area.

By Harvs

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Harvs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

neighbor.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Looking for a nice players pin (WWFRR / LW3) in the Chicago or Milwaukee area, preferably Data East ($1000-$1600).

I haven't played either of these titles, but they seem to both be in the same price range (+/- a few bucks), and for the price, have decent reviews. Any input or recommendations on which title takes the cake is appreciated also.

Thanks Fellas!

Post edited by Harvs: LW3 found., Ok,ok,ok, Thx

#2 9 years ago

Wwf is a great game .... mines not going anywhere anytime soon.

#3 9 years ago

Ooh yeah, brother.., I'm thinking that's the better buy after watching numerous vids and reading reviews.. There's one somewhat local on CL, but it's at $2800 ("but does need shopped" from what the description says).. There's also a LW3 at $2000 ("LEDs, autographed, works 100%").. I had to run to the bathroom and take a #3 after seeing those prices..

Hopefully something pops up that's in a realistic price range for me.. Just looking to fill a spot next to 2 other Data East's, while staying within my sad 'after holiday' budget..

#4 9 years ago

2800.00 is way too high for wwf if you need to shop it out.
If you look at one take a good look at the banzi ramp for damage because you wont find one for sale anywhere.

#5 9 years ago

I sold a wwfrr for under 1500 last year and it was nice with leds and fresh flip rebuilds.

Fun game but not for anywhere near that much.

#7 9 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtt-any-combo-of-these-4-forchicagoland

Trying to get the nuclear jackpot is super fun!

Complete three bank drop targets to light 3 locks. Lock one ball. Upon launching 2nd ball the first ball ejected and now you must lock the two balls with out draining. Once you lock the two balls you launch third ball and other two balls are released. Now you must complete the three bank drop target again and shoot main ramp before you drain 2 balls... Fun as hell.

Dan

#8 9 years ago

Jason - Thanks for the tip, will look at that ramp! And yes, $2800 is almost double what I have read they go for..

Whysnow - If you can track down that machine you sold, I'll give you $1600, plus a case of beer (your choice of). Ha, JK. Wish I was in the market then and knew you were selling one, it'd be in my game room already! Damn..

Danczaz - I took a peek at your thread, for now I'm looking to match DMD machines (TFTC & LAH) in that area of my game room. Thanks and will get back to you on it.

#9 9 years ago

No problem.. Watch some game play videos and you just might like the simpsons the best!

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

No problem.. Watch some game play videos and you just might like The Simpsons the best!

Will do. Thanks

#11 9 years ago

I just sold a wwf for 2k and it was super super nice. Sold my players lw3 for 1500.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Looking for a nice players pin (WWFRR / LW3) in the Chicago or Milwaukee area, preferably Data East ($1000-$1600).
I haven't played either of these titles, but they seem to both be in the same price range (+/- a few bucks), and for the price, have decent reviews. Any input or recommendations on which title takes the cake is appreciated also.
Thanks Fellas!

Chicago CL is mine
Pmed you

Pincades
JT

#13 9 years ago

Guy just bought one here locally for $300 sorta working. It had issues, so his neighbor installs a new $100 Rottendog power supply but plugged in the bottom connector over to the right too far by one pin and POOF, lots of smoke. We'll he ended up sinking another $1200 into it after that. Moral of the story is, dont let your neighbor work on something he cant handle....because now he has $1600 wrapped up into it but the good thing is that he claims he will never sell it so that means he's happy.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Chicago CL is mine
Pmed you
Pincades
JT

Got the PM, will get back with you shortly. Thanks

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Guy just bought one here locally for $300 sorta working. It had issues, so his neighbor installs a new $100 Rottendog power supply but plugged in the bottom connector over to the right too far by one pin and POOF, lots of smoke. We'll he ended up sinking another $1200 into it after that. Moral of the story is, dont let your neighbor work on something he cant handle....because now he has $1600 wrapped up into it but the good thing is that he claims he will never sell it so that means he's happy.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Doesn't sound like his plan worked out, but seems like $1600 is a hair over what people say they are worth (depending on condition obviously) from the many PC threads I have scanned over.

BTW, my neighbor is an avid WWF/WWE fan, I'm afraid he may try to DDT the machine once he sees it, so he is not allowed to touch it let alone work on it.

neighbor.jpgneighbor.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-wwfrr-or-lw3-chi-mil-area and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.