• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4612[1].JPG
IMG_4611[1].JPG
#1 9 years ago

I picked up 3 TAF's over the last few weeks but I am missing a good number of parts. I know that putting a parts machine back together is not the preferred method of some, but blah blah I love bringing back beat up machines . I picked them all three up on a deal but they had severe water damage (sad as it is, but it is what it is). I salvaged enough for a good cab, great playfield and most playfield parts excluding what I didn't already have and 3 nice toppers and a few display platstics. But, boards had all been missing. I have plenty of parts to maybe swap out to someone who has other spare parts I need if there is any interest or cash too. I am not trying to break the bank but sitting on the parts is almost worse than the thought of it sitting in a warehouse being rained on (maybe not so much). This is going to be a home player at best so the showroom finish need not be necessary in my book. A well played and loved game looks it. Can't drive a paintjob!

If anyone has the following for sale/trade let me know. In any shape is fine as I have been in to electronics over the last 20 years and PROFESSIONALLY repair electronics. I also have quite a few older era SS parts from 78-90:
:WPC early sound board
:WPC fliptronics I or II
:WPC driver (have one but could use another spare in any shape)
:The bookcase assembly: Someone went after all three assemblies. Not a trace left. Plastitics and motor condition not a big deal or even if it needs a complete overhaul and is rusted up.
:Thing assembly: Same deal here. All three gone. Motor condition not a biggy and I already have the thing hand plastic but thats about it.
:WPC early era transformer: Probably because they all fell out of the bottom.
::Even if you have a complete donor machine??

I know it seems mad to attempt it, but I am going to. No translite to top it all off but I am going to attempt it. I am getting my foot in a plastics reproduction along with printscreening so plastics are not much of a trouble. I could possibly fabricate the plates and brackets for the motors, but time VS effort and $... Line has to be somewhere.

Hopefully some of you have a true understanding of what I am trying to do.. Save a pin.. (and be a cheapa$$ about it!!!) With 30+ pins, hard to not try to save a buck on a hobby.

Let me know what you can dig up, or what I may have on a machine that you just need in general. I don't flip or plan on retiring trying to sell a flipper assembly anytime soon. I attached a few shots of the catastrophe. The one playfield looks like an iron golem puked all over the center of the playfield. Look at the lack of wear... Sad. That was the worse out of the three.

Many thanks and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

-Jakethetech

IMG_4611[1].JPGIMG_4611[1].JPG IMG_4612[1].JPGIMG_4612[1].JPG
#2 9 years ago

Wow...I've seem some trashed TAF PF's but that one takes the cake....good luck with finding the parts you need. Wish I could help you out...

#3 9 years ago

I have a couple NOS translites and a very nice used one.

#4 9 years ago

How much would you sell a nos translite for?
Is it original nos or IPB remake?

5 months later
#5 8 years ago

Well, this isn't much of a restore thread but I figured that a update couldn't hurt...

I have all of the parts I had been searching for. Some from Australia (thank you PSPA) and Germany suppliers. It has been one hell of a search for the parts. The woodworking needed to restore and the rebuilding of what was once almost ruined. I will post pictures as soon as I am able. I haven't had the time to tear down the playfield as I am still in the middle of a Big Guns restore. But I will be doing that once my custom glass is cut for the TAF. I have a sod-off Slugfest to thank for the donor parts too.

I know it sounds pretty sad in a way, but it has basically taken 4 total pins to come out with 1 good one. As a honor to something that doesn't happen all too often I am making a little in cabinet plaque. I had cut out the model/serial tags (Including the hull of the cabinets in a solid block) to form altogether in the new bottom of the preserved TAF I constructed. This was a last minute thought to do something cool for the end of a few pins lives. I know I sound complete geek but I get tired of seeing games parted out for no reason (I did this several times myself in the past I am sad to say). The end result is not perfect. Never will be and I don't want it to be. But it lives on instead of being gutted and parted out. A little work made a little catastrophe in to a miracle. Well, from what THESE d@mn hands could do!.. But when I am done, the playfield will look sweet. Body is healthy. Apart from a few changes by me under the hood it would fool plenty.

#6 8 years ago

Oh... Redoing the spring steel on ramps, scrubbing dirt from a playfield and undoing a coil-chop nightmare sucks. Just wanted to point out the obvious...

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from jakethetech:

Oh... Redoing the spring steel on ramps, scrubbing dirt from a playfield and undoing a coil-chop nightmare sucks. Just wanted to point out the obvious...

Why not buy new ramp flaps,they are cheap compared to what else you have done
I just found your thread,I have a complete wired playfield for TAF.
Like you,I had a donor game and a NOS populated playfield.
Cabinet and back box need a ton of work,going with a new one.

Do you have a spare seance knocker assembly and bracket for inside of the cabinet.
Mine is missing

#8 8 years ago

PM

#9 8 years ago

Sending a PM

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-wtt-addams-family-taf-parts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.