Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by NashBridgezz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Olde_Fortran_Malt_Liquor.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Who wants to sell their spot for $7,500 ?? PM me.

#3 6 years ago

If they really are shipping this month, it'll be harder to sell. A year ago, maybe so. Good luck...!

#4 6 years ago

If I can talk my daughter out of it,I'll PM you.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Luckily you can pm robin for a new name : )

#6 6 years ago

NOWOZ225
WOZ000
Or my personal favorite
Daughterhatesdad225

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Thanks. Hope to hear from you!

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Luckily you can pm robin for a new name : )

Ya,I was pretty exited about getting a WOZ when I picked that name. Not so much any more. Bring on Metallica!! & who is Robin?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Who wants to sell their spot for $7,500 ?? PM me.

Start by using the correct acronym. It's WOZ, not WoZ, which is just plain silly.

And good luck, finding an ECLE for $500 more than the standard version.

#10 6 years ago

<<If they really are shipping this month>>

I'm just a casual WOZ follower, but it seems like this game is taking foreverrr to come out. I've seen YouTube videos of guys picking up their game from the factory under the impression that it's ready/finished, only to find out it's still in "prototype" form with old software.

That would tick me off, but everybody seems cool with a product that has peaked and shown hardly any improvements for like 7 months now.

Why are people being so forgiving when it comes to this particular game?

#11 6 years ago

<blockquote cite="#710133"

The balls and fortitude to create a new pin in this day and age. It says a lot.

#12 6 years ago

WOZ vs WoZ? God do I hope you are just kidding.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from NashBridgezz:

I've seen YouTube videos of guys picking up their game from the factory under the impression that it's ready/finished, only to find out it's still in "prototype" form with old software.

Uh, you saw ONE video of two guys picking up a JJP-owned loaner game to go on location in an arcade in New York.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from NashBridgezz:

<<If they really are shipping this month>>
I'm just a casual WOZ follower, but it seems like this game is taking foreverrr to come out. I've seen YouTube videos of guys picking up their game from the factory under the impression that it's ready/finished, only to find out it's still in "prototype" form with old software.
That would tick me off, but everybody seems cool with a product that has peaked and shown hardly any improvements for like 7 months now.

I have to agree with you. While the machine looks fantastic - there just hasn't been much going on for months and months now. He has an entire team of people dedicated to the machine - what exactly is taking months to finalize? If he has 5 people, working 40 hours a day, for 7 months .. that's 5000+ man hours. What in the world is the hold-up at this point? And to hear the reports of people playing recently and basic functionality is missing - that's scary. I don't buy the whole "maybe it's a surprise!" .. I still think the final product will be fantastic - but I think there's something else going on that no one here certainly knows about that is causing the massive delay. Perhaps the funding did run out, and it's going super slow because he can't pay people anymore. Who knows - but in my mind, common sense tells you that the 3/4 year there has been very little progress, and what progress there has been certainly doesn't require that amount of time.

#15 6 years ago

Guys, stay on the topic, this thread is for a guy looking for a machine. If you want to know more about WOZ there are many threads on the topic in the JJP sub forum.

#16 6 years ago

Robin is the owner of Pinside and the person who makes all the changes. If you search for that name on here you can send him messages.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

WOZ vs WoZ? God do I hope you are just kidding.

If only. There is no valid reason to lower case the O. It's false intellectuality, like pronouncing the T in Often.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Guys, stay on the topic, this thread is for a guy looking for a machine. If you want to know more about WOZ there are many threads on the topic in the JJP sub forum.

Thanks. Waiting to hear from several people who are on the fence.

#19 6 years ago

Thanks. Waiting to hear from several people who are on the fence.

Now or after delivery... you won't have trouble finding one (or more) for $7500 or less. Be patient.

#20 6 years ago

Holy crap dude it's us just us being lazy with initials to begin with . Have a beer and relax. As long as we know what a person means its all good. Pinball is FuN.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I have to agree with you. While the machine looks fantastic - there just hasn't been much going on for months and months now. He has an entire team of people dedicated to the machine - what exactly is taking months to finalize? If he has 5 people, working 40 hours a day, for 7 months .. that's 5000+ man hours. What in the world is the hold-up at this point? And to hear the reports of people playing recently and basic functionality is missing - that's scary. I don't buy the whole "maybe it's a surprise!" .. I still think the final product will be fantastic - but I think there's something else going on that no one here certainly knows about that is causing the massive delay. Perhaps the funding did run out, and it's going super slow because he can't pay people anymore. Who knows - but in my mind, common sense tells you that the 3/4 year there has been very little progress, and what progress there has been certainly doesn't require that amount of time.

Ignorance is bliss.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Holy crap dude it's us just us being lazy with initials to begin with . Have a beer and relax. As long as we know what a person means its all good. Pinball is FuN.

Do intillalektuals drink BEER?

#23 6 years ago

Programmers prefer...

Olde_Fortran_Malt_Liquor.jpg

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Programmers prefer...

Hate to to go off topic on my own thread, but that is funny. Got my start in the old days with Fortran, Assembler, PL1, etc and then went 'high tech' with COBOL!!

#25 6 years ago

Doh, I was going to post the exact same thing at the exact same offer yesterday but I never had time. So to make sure I am not thread robbing, you first.

BUT, if there is a second person that would like to sell their spot for the exact same offer (7500), please PM me. I had emailed Jack the other day and there is no waiting list or anything anymore because any change of hands now is happening privately.

And speaking of Jack, seemed like a good guy. He responded to me personally and very quickly. That is very rare in business these days. I'll buy the regular one from him after they come out if I can't find an LE.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And speaking of Jack, seemed like a good guy. He responded to me personally and very quickly. That is very rare in business these days.

Just for your information, for Jack the personal approach is the norm.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Just for your information, for Jack the personal approach is the norm.

Agreed... Jersey Jack is a top notch guy.

#28 6 years ago

...AND he has a great crew as well! Took me all around the factory showing me everything. Great time!

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...AND he has a great crew as well!

You met the other two guys there?

#30 6 years ago

Deal done. Thanks!!

#32 6 years ago

Thanks Jeremy. After playing it at the Ohio show, I knew I wanted one even with it not being finished yet!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I was there for the Christmas Bash. I think just about everybody was there...

#34 6 years ago

Deal done. Thanks!!

Ok, now that you are done I don't feel guilty at all about hijacking the thread! Same thing for me.

Thanks!

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

There are more than 2. That I can tell you. I have first hand knowledge of this

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

There are more than 2. That I can tell you. I have first hand knowledge of this

Yup! The place is fantastic. Everything so neat and clean. Huge area! Nice place in the back where they have other machines, video games, jukeboxes, etc. The game was fun to play and I even got to bring home a few choice pieces of the game!

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yup! The place is fantastic. Everything so neat and clean. Huge area! Nice place in the back where they have other machines, video games, jukeboxes, etc. The game was fun to play and I even got to bring home a few choice pieces of the game!

I'm jealous! I'll get to play it in a week or so at TPF and can't wait. Jack will be there as a speaker and 4 WOZ will be at the show. Is it next week yet?

#38 6 years ago

Deal done. Thanks!!

Great purchase and we are in the final innings of this waiting game!

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I'm jealous! I'll get to play it in a week or so at TPF and can't wait. Jack will be there as a speaker and 4 WOZ will be at the show. Is it next week yet?

Yeah! Please report back what you thought of it.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Great line up of soakers. So pumped about the show!!!!

#41 6 years ago

I'll sell my ECLE for $9K. I put my deposit down on day one, so I'll be one of the first people to get one. PM me if you're interested.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'll sell my ECLE for $9K. I put my deposit down on day one, so I'll be one of the first people to get one. PM me if you're interested.

No dont do it! Its gonna look so good n your place! But I could bring you another next Expo

Buddy

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Programmers prefer...

Meh, that beer is Forth on my list.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah! Please report back what you thought of it.

Will do!

#45 6 years ago

mine is shipping March 13

#46 6 years ago

I'll be happy if the buzz at the Allentown show is about people having received their pins. I think it will happen.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from surfsled:

BOOM?

Or are you just another distributor
or location?

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from surfsled:

I'd take strong odds on that one. (if this year)

#49 6 years ago

Since OP got his answer, us 'conspiracy theorists' should be free to comment on this thread

At least there are a few of us that realize something seems kinda strange/wrong with lack of progress on the game. Glad I'm not alone and I want the game to succeed big time but I refuse to drink the cool-aid just yet.

-Why did Dennis Nordman leave again?
-Why are people cool with picking up prototype machines, when they were told it'd be a finalized version?
-Why is code still as bad as X-Men?
-If game ships this way, which it might, will you guys be cool with 'as-is' for your home gameroom?

After the light show wears off, even kids will ask, "what gives with that game--doesn't seem like it makes much sense what to do or shoot for". Answer: "Give JJ some slack, Son, he is trying and we are helping him by giving him $7K. Patience is a virtue little Johnny. Now go play AC/DC"

#50 6 years ago

Sigh...

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside