(Topic ID: 79326)

WTB: WMS Gold Legs Update* (TQ legs arrived)

By CASTHOF

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinbum
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    !cid__0202141732 brass legs.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Does anyone have a new set they can let go? I've been waiting 3 months for PBL... No I am not going to pay crazy money, yes I would like to buy your set. Thanks

#2 10 years ago

I am pretty sure I have a set, PM sent.

#3 10 years ago

Get in touch with the Pinball Refinery.They can get them for you rather quickly.

#4 10 years ago

I seen a set of brassed legs on twisted quarters website for $99

Was thinking of picking up a spare set for my TAFG

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Starscream:

I seen a set of brassed legs on twisted quarters website for $99
    Was thinking of picking up a spare set for my TAFG

Sweet! I had no idea about twisted quarters, just ordered a set. Couldn't beat $11 fedex 1 day shipping... I am only 1 hour away from Sarasota. I will post pics for anyone once I get them.

#6 10 years ago

Yes please post pics,

Legs seem to be so thinly coated on the WMS machines I want another set standing by for my Addams

#7 10 years ago

Does anyone have an opinion on the brass legs that Twisted Quarters sells?

#8 10 years ago

bought a set from competive products. these are pretty nice. http://www.competitiveproducts.com/list.php?id=341

#9 10 years ago

How do these compare to the original legs?

It seems the originals are thinly plated brass and not mirror finish, almost matte in appearance,

Pictures would be great guys!

#10 10 years ago

heres a pic of the ones i got from competive products. also got a set from Mike Chestnut. more high end. all according to what you want.

!cid__0202141732 brass legs.jpg!cid__0202141732 brass legs.jpg

#11 10 years ago

Do the competitive products ones match the factory appearance closer to Mikes?
    I can imagine Mikes to be a mirror finish brass, and I don't believe the factory ones were mirrored,

At least the ones on my tafg aren't

#12 10 years ago

yes mikes are mirrored and a bit more in price. but i got a set of his since he did all the other brass work for my TOTAN. c p these to me would be great for tom or tafg. factory replace. dont know about twisted quarter ones they maybe great to. just saying if i wanted factory looking gold for a nice factory look i would buy from competitive products. if i wanted mirror brass high end restore i would get from Mike. jmo

#13 10 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-seller-in-ca-james-gomberg-pnblwzd-found-me-a-mint-huo-tafg

This is my thread with my HUO TAFG,
    If you look the brass plating isn't uniform from the factory,
    It seems the side rails are mirror finish brass then clear coated,
    The lockdown bar is brass plated and has a brushed finish and it also clear coated,
    The legs however seems to be very thinly plated brass and isn't mirrored at all, same with the shooter rod housing, that wasn't mirror finish (which seems to be a really hard part to find in factory brass)

If I got Mike to re-do all my brass I fear it would take away form factory originality, Even though I know it would look better

Nothing "needs" doing, I'd like a backup set of legs and shooter rod housing

#14 10 years ago

I can't speak for TAFG.. but I know the 'gold' legs on IJ and Flintstones were done with a plating process that is no longer done due to the environmental effects.

I have been hoarding a new set of the old style legs for my Flintstones, IJ or WCS. Haven't decided which yet, but I'm guessing most likely the Flintstones. IJ and WCS will have wireforms etc replated, and having an 'original' finish on the legs won't match the wireforms.

#15 10 years ago

Yes they used the same legs,

I actually didn't know Flintstones came with gold legs, I knew IJ did,

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Starscream:

The legs however seems to be very thinly plated brass and isn't mirrored at all, same with the shooter rod housing, that wasn't mirror finish (which seems to be a really hard part to find in factory brass)

Yep I have a factory 'brass' leg that I tried to clean up with some mag polish, finish came down to silver/brass mottled look.

#17 10 years ago

So has anyone a spare set they could sell me?

#18 10 years ago

They are definitely A LOT nicer then the old ones. Let me know what you guys think....

IMG_0410.jpgIMG_0410.jpg IMG_0412.jpgIMG_0412.jpg
    #19 10 years ago

Hey Lake. Those look great, did they come from twisted quarter? And how much were they . I need some possibly for World Cup Soccer and Flintstones.

#20 10 years ago

They sure did Larry, and since they are in Sarasota shipping is cheap cheap.

http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=82_257

#21 10 years ago

Your old ones don't look that bad!

I really want a set of originals, even if the newer TQ ones look better

#22 10 years ago

PM Pbpins, he might have what your looking for.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from CASTHOF:

PM Pbpins, he might have what your looking for.

I did

He went quiet so I guess he doesn't have any (or has been super busy with this awful weather we have been having)

#24 10 years ago

You have to also get the gold bolts i would think. I will be getting a couple sets for sure.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-wms-gold-legs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.