Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jds
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I'm looking to purchase a Wizard of Oz Emerald City Limited Edition. I'm hoping to fine one delivered for $7500. It may be a longshot, but thought I'd throw it out there. I'm located in Brooklyn. Thanks.

#2 9 years ago

Hi JDS

I will give you a free bump because you are new to the boards. I think you are going to have a very very hard time finding a NIB WOZLE for $7,500. A few months back you would have had better luck because some guys wanted to get out for a breakeven price or a 1k profit and just transfer ownership.

But now that all the WOZLE games have been delivered the guys that haven't opened their LE's yet are probably looking to make a few more bucks to cover all costs. You can probably find a Home Use Only LE for about 7,500, again you should do some home work and find out the build date because the games with later build dates have had the kinks worked out. Just because you have a NIB doesn't mean you won't have any problems. In the case of WOZ, games that were built in early 2013 probably have some of the oldparts if they are still NIB.

It's been my impression that you can buy a standard NIB with a shaker and invisiglass from some dealers in the 8k area.

Good luck and welcome to pinside

Mike

#3 9 years ago

He would have had one from me two weeks ago

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

He would have had one from me two weeks ago

there you go.....all about timing and patience in this hobby.

A few months back there was a quite a few unopened for sale in that range

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from jds:

'm hoping to fine one delivered for $7500.

Bump. You will get one. Be patient. And Bump every few days.
The Hobbit, TBL, Wooly and more coming. Gamers need to move...

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Bump. You will get one. Be patient. And Bump every few days.
The Hobbit, TBL, Wooly and more coming. Gamers need to move...

Words to live by... be patient!

If you pay more than $7000 for an HUO WoZLE you're paying too much. They come up often at that price and even cheaper. Prices are on a downward trend on most titles. Not sure why you would want a NIB if you plan on opening it. And I wouldn't waste my money on a standard when you can find LE's for cheaper. Plus Standards are a nightmare to sell.

Be patient...

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Words to live by... be patient!
If you pay more than $7000 for an HUO WoZLE you're paying too much. They come up often at that price and even cheaper. Prices are on a downward trend on most titles. Not sure why you would want a NIB if you plan on opening it. And I wouldn't waste my money on a standard when you can find LE's for cheaper. Plus Standards are a nightmare to sell.
Be patient...

Way to open up the range on every game pricing... He was looking for a nib le not a standard not a Huo... I'm sure he will find one nib for $7500... Ill sell him a ruby red for a good price in a few weeks if he's interested.

#8 9 years ago

Jack still has some LE's, he told me so himself when I was at the factory last week. They are available thru PinballSales.

#9 9 years ago

Thank you all for the feedback - I do appreciate it (and the welcome).
I'm hoping I have luck. The main reason for NIB is just that I trust shipping will be easier. I'm in NYC and travel a lot and simply can't pick up myself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-wizard-of-oz-woz-ecle-nib-in-nyc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.