WTB: Wizard of OZ LE

By C2Motorsports

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I am looking for the Wizard of OZ LE to add to my home Arcade. I am interested in a NIB or HUO unit. I have been doing quite a bit of reading on this forum regarding the pin but sure that I have a lot to learn. If anyone has one of these units or knows someone who is selling, please send them my contact information. I am located in the Louisville, KY area. TIA for the forum a help and I look forward to being a contributing member.

Chris
C2

#2 10 years ago

Good luck - I just played one last nite on 2.0 and it is truly amazing.

#3 10 years ago

Should not be that hard to find there have been a lot of them going up for sale lately.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from C2Motorsports:

If anyone has one of these units or knows someone who is selling, please send them mu contact information.

Check your mailbox I'm sure its bulging...

#5 10 years ago

I found this one not sure if it's the same
THE WIZARD OF OZ EMERALD CITY LE Jersey Jack (USA) Set up, plays!
says Maybe sell
Received NIB August, 2013. Currently operating under v1.23. Pin #120 of 1, 000. Pristine condition.
Bowling Green,KY USA
If you want to talk to him let me know I can send you the site we are on

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from tommycrum:

I found this one not sure if it's the same
THE WIZARD OF OZ EMERALD CITY LE Jersey Jack (USA) Set up, plays!
says Maybe sell
Received NIB August, 2013. Currently operating under v1.23. Pin #120 of 1, 000. Pristine condition.
Bowling Green,KY USA
If you want to talk to him let me know I can send you the site we are on

Bowling Green is only a couple hours south of me, so I would appreciate the contact......thanks
I was out at the Arcade Expo here in Louisville over the weekend, no pin on Fri, but heard one was up and running on Sat

From my reading, I was under the assumption that the LE was limited to 1500; to begin production after non-LE units had completed production.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from C2Motorsports:

From my reading, I was under the assumption that the LE was limited to 1500; to begin production after non-LE units had completed production.

Must...resist...urge...to...reply...

#8 10 years ago

1000 units on the emerald green LE that are all presold. Its estimated that only 600 have been made so far. After the green LE games are all run he will begin on whatever mix he chooses of standards and the ruby red LE. There only supposed to be 1500 made of the ruby red LE. Its $9000 without invisiglass, but has more decorative plastic toys. It will play the same and it will not have the direct print cabinet art that the green LE games have.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Check your mailbox I'm sure its bulging...

That was funny darn it!

#10 10 years ago

While there were a few for sale lately ... I just can't imagine it being that easy (or cheap) for much longer (especially after the 2.0 code release now). I have zero plans to ever sell mine. This game is so far beyond any other game out there in build quality, looks, and game depth. Just a shame the few folks who continue to trash-talk this game (and JJP in general).

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

While there were a few for sale lately ... I just can't imagine it being that easy (or cheap) for much longer (especially after the 2.0 code release now).

Really? There's still like 300 plus yet to be delivered… probably will get easier IMO.

#12 10 years ago

Chris, I will send this thread to Mike in Bowling Green. He is selling his game outright. So looks like a great opportunity for you to buy. His name is Pintucky on Pinside.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Really? There's still like 300 plus yet to be delivered… probably will get easier IMO.

Your opinion has always been negative, no? So no shock there. With the latest code release this really has reached the huge potential we had all hoped for. I don't expect folks who have waited this long to get their game to let go of them so easily. Again, this game has finally reached a level that is WELL beyond any other game ever made. IF you can find someone selling theirs for less than 7500 I think it's a steal. Good luck.

In fact, your rating of a 6.4 is an absolute joke and completely biased becausd you have for some reason decided to have a lot of anger toward WOZ owners and JJP.

#14 10 years ago

PM sent.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

While there were a few for sale lately ... I just can't imagine it being that easy (or cheap) for much longer (especially after the 2.0 code release now). I have zero plans to ever sell mine. This game is so far beyond any other game out there in build quality, looks, and game depth. Just a shame the few folks who continue to trash-talk this game (and JJP in general).

The 2.0 code seems to have exaggerated the LED issues with WOZ (board failures ect) people who weren't having issues are now having issues with 2.0 code... Jack says he has a fix in the works hopefully they nail this down. I am very glad they redesigned the entire system for Hobbit.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The 2.0 code seems to have exaggerated the LED issues with WOZ (board failures ect) people who weren't having issues are now having issues with 2.0 code... Jack says he has a fix in the works hopefully they nail this down. I am very glad they redesigned the entire system for Hobbit.

I have not heard of anyone saying the problem was exaggerated but, yep, JJP has invested a lot of time and money finding a fix (including using an outside firm/people to find a solid fix.) I happen to be one of the lucky ones who got a game in the Sept/Oct time and have never had a single issue. I understand that has been some serious frustration for some folks and a reason they may have sold (or want to sell.) But with the latest code and a real fix for light issues coming any time, I have to think anyone who cares about pinball will start to recognize how amazing this game really is. Although I suspect Hobbit might just top it.

#17 10 years ago

These problems and Jack's warranty comments would kinda scare me off of buying a used one, honestly....or a new one lol. "Here's hopin'" for Hobbit - but just based on how things have gone, I can't imagine pre-ordering one until we know they can build a stable game without massive delays and unfinished software.

#18 10 years ago

Pm sent

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

including hiring an outside firm to find a solid fix

Where did Jack say this?

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

a real fix for light issues coming any time

I don't see anything happening for a long time. Nobody knows what the problem is and how to fix it.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Where did Jack say this?

I don't see anything happening for a long time. Nobody knows what the problem is and how to fix it.

Why don't you call Jack. He said they have a fix on the buyer's group that will be available towards the end of the month.
From the posts he made, it sounds as if there will be a change out of certain LED boards in a periodic pattern in the series of boards to eliminate or filter out the electrical problems.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Where did Jack say this?

Publicly, I guess the most Jack alluded to it was a post this morning when he stated "It's not "just" me. It's been a Team effort. I'll talk more about it after we get this out there. It has obviously been very difficult on the people who have had issues and on tech support, LTG, all of our people inside and even outside the company where we sought help in the solution."

To your second point, Jack also has stated the problem is "fixed" (past tense.) They're only finalizing their plan to roll the solution out to those who need it (which he has also stated is not everybody.) Stated this morning "Some boards will be supplemented in different places that will eliminate he issue. When it's released we will explain what it in and does. Thanks again as this has been something out of our control but solved."

#22 10 years ago

^^i take it as great news

#23 10 years ago

pm sent

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

These problems and Jack's warranty comments would kinda scare me off of buying a used one, honestly....or a new one lol. "Here's hopin'" for Hobbit - but just based on how things have gone, I can't imagine pre-ordering one until we know they can build a stable game without massive delays and unfinished software.

Why not just buy a game with 7 volt boards if you are really worried then? No worries then. Any game made from September 13 onward should have the new boards I believe. As for 5 volt games, which not all have problems, a permanent fix is being developed and will be out soon. I've had my own game since the end of October and it's been rock solid.

Also I don't know what you mean by "unfinished software" as JJP has done an extremely good job with code support for WOZ. With 2.0 WOZ is deeper then any other modern pin out there in my opinion and many others would agree. Also it nice to see updates being released every 1-2 months for the game then waiting 6+ months hoping that another update is released...

#25 10 years ago

What are you basing this on? I got mine Feb 21st with 1.25. Played flawless. No LED issues. Upgraded to 2.0. Still plays flawless. No board issues. I don't remember reading about anyone developing this issue after loading 2.0.

As for the naysayers, you can try to bring down WOZ all you want, but you better get all your last digs in quickly as that ship has pretty much sailed. WOZ is a fantastic pin with deep rules and is a blast to play. Sorry that you guys have some hidden agenda, but give it a rest. If it's not for you, great, don't buy it. To just dump on it for the sake of trying to be funny just makes you look childish and shows you have an agenda. Are you making the same posts about MET and the continuing problem people have with the coffin magnet not catching the ball all the time? And yes, I am a METLE owner with an upgraded board. I have to bank a shot to the magnet to get it to catch. I can shoot a very fast orbit shot to the flying monkey in WOZ and it catches it 100% of the time. Why can't my METLE?

#26 10 years ago

I want to buy a WOZ also, but I am going to wait another year or two and see what happens to the prices. There are so many going into homes it will be easy to find one that looks new.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

What are you basing this on? I got mine Feb 21st with 1.25. Played flawless. No LED issues. Upgraded to 2.0. Still plays flawless. No board issues. I don't remember reading about anyone developing this issue after loading 2..

Have you checked the JJP forum? I'm basing this off reading many owners posting issues since installing 2.0 many who had few or no issues with 1.25. Jack says he has a fix in the works so it sounds like they have nailed the problem down. I also wanted to mention I owned a WOZ produced in late Sept and it worked flawlessly no LED issues or really any other issues at all.

#28 10 years ago

I know there have been a lot of people who have had issues and I truly feel for them. However I want to throw out my expereince. I have had mine since October. I believe it has the newer boards. I have not had one problem with it other than a connector that came lose and was easily fixed.

WIth the new code update I have been playing this more than ever.

Not trying to hijack the thread but if the buyer is looking for a machine to buy. He should know that not every machine has had issues.

#29 10 years ago

No issues here as well (oct build) put my delivery off till new boards and power installed. The game with 2.0 is over the top and Just sold my TZ as WOZ made it feel slow and cumbersome. I feel for all those having the issues however they will have a solution soon. Aslo just played STLE and have decide one of the best "feeling" games Stern has produced in a long while. My opinion.

#30 10 years ago

OP...did you find a game yet?

#31 10 years ago

I also have had zero issues with my game (delivered first week of October) and with the latest release of code am now playing it a TON. It really feels like a complete (and amazing) game now.

#32 10 years ago

Make sure you check the playfield clear coat for cracks or chips. Especially near the castle VUK and the throne room.
Mine was built in December and has these issues. No LED issues yet.

#33 10 years ago

I believe the clearcoat issues will happen regardless, steel ball vs plastic coating on wood.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Make sure you check the playfield clear coat for cracks or chips. Especially near the castle VUK and the throne room.Mine was built in December and has these issues. No LED issues yet.

I remember seeing some pics of this. Maybe it was yours? That is a real shame. I would not be happy. Based on yours and a few others, I played maybe 10 games before I put the protectors on everywhere except the rollovers... just used mylar there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-wizard-of-oz-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.