WTB: Williams transformer 15-A-6771

By thepinballworks

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Looking for Williams transformer 15-A-6771, The one I have is very loud, and would like to replace it. Its for a EM; Skylab

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

The one I have is very loud, and would like to replace it.

If its just noisy and it works proper i would try this> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/king-of-diamonds-transformer-buzzing-loudly#post-1384792

#3 10 years ago

Ok, I read that thread, I will give it a try tomorrow. Everything is unplugged, and out. it is just the base cabinet right now. I just plugged it in to see if the motor worked. Thanks

#4 10 years ago

Yup it is unbelievable that you can just whack the transformer with a hammer and wallah!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Yup it is unbelievable that you can just whack the transformer with a hammer and wallah!

Let thepinballworks ^^ borrow that Thor hammer,that one is proven to work.

#6 10 years ago

Good info here, never would have thought of that.

1 week later
#7 10 years ago

Ok, the hammer trick is not working on my transformer, I have hit it so hard that there are hammer dents in it now.
So does anyone have a working one and is willing to sell? Williams transformer 15-A-6771. I see them on flee bay, but you never know what you are getting.

#8 10 years ago

You can go to any motor rewinding shop and they will "re varnish" it and bake it in their oven for a few bucks.

You can do it at home, but your wife will be pissed if you stink up her oven.

#9 10 years ago

Priced a little high but...

ebay.com link: Williams Pinball Machine Transformer

EDIT:oops wrong p/n

#10 10 years ago

I might have one for you. It was in a bin of parts I bought, so it is, as they say...untested. I guess I could solder in a plug and see if it works.

Heavy as hell, so shipping will likely be an arm and a leg - I guess I could see if it might fit in a flat rate box or something.

Can't even think of getting to it until Monday.

If you are interested PM me. If you decide you don't want it, no biggie.

#11 10 years ago

PM sent

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La Fayette, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-williams-transformer-15-a-6771 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.